What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (3 Viewers)

Who's excited for the RBC next week?

I've just started planning my menu for the big watch party I'm having!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
MarioKart

I tried adding you as a friend on WGT

(also tried to add hack and the other person who posted their handle here).

PM me when you're on so we can play a challenge. I can gift you some balls when we're done with the round to help out.

To answer your previous post; just drop 20 bucks once you get to level 42 or so and upgrade your driver and irons. It'll make all the difference in the world. It sucks to drop money into app, but the long term playability on this is second to none for a golf game (I've been playing for 5 years now)
I just logged in with the account I created a few years ago. urbanhack is alive and well. Just shot 39 on the front at St. Andrews

MarioKart

PM me when you're on so we can play a challenge. I can gift you some balls when we're done with the round to help out.

To answer your previous post; just drop 20 bucks once you get to level 42 or so and upgrade your driver and irons. It'll make all the difference in the world. It sucks to drop money into app, but the long term playability on this is second to none for a golf game (I've been playing for 5 years now)
I just logged in with the account I created a few years ago. urbanhack is alive and well. Just shot 39 on the front at St. Andrews
Looking for you but the only Urbanhack I see is Level 3.

Let me know...I'm on now. I tried adding you

MarioKart

Looking for you but the only Urbanhack I see is Level 3.Let me know...I'm on now. I tried adding you
That's me. It says I'm level 3.

MarioKart

Looking for you but the only Urbanhack I see is Level 3.Let me know...I'm on now. I tried adding you
That's me. It says I'm level 3.
on all night. did you get my request?

Way back the BC Open (yes names after the comic)

was played at the same time as the British open.

that was my schtick :)

Way back the BC Open (yes names after the comic)

was played at the same time as the British open.

that was my schtick :)
Ya

There are 2 RBCs. One is in Hilton Head, one is in Canada I'm almost certain.

I just mixed them up. Either way - both of them suck.

MikeHeckman on WGT
Well, I played 36 holes, racked up a couple hundred credits, then when I tried to save, discovered that BOTH of my regular e-mail accounts were already signed up to OTHER WGT names. So I couldn't save the new one, and neither of the others has any credits or level increases.

Sent an e-mail to their support team but I may have buggered the above account when I logged out w/o saving. :kicksrock:

MikeHeckman on WGT
Well, I played 36 holes, racked up a couple hundred credits, then when I tried to save, discovered that BOTH of my regular e-mail accounts were already signed up to OTHER WGT names. So I couldn't save the new one, and neither of the others has any credits or level increases.

Sent an e-mail to their support team but I may have buggered the above account when I logged out w/o saving. :kicksrock:
They fixed it :confetti:

Can I get a CC invite?

Strike while the iron is hot. Interesting decision and nice gesture. For a Tour stop, Hilton Head is such a tight, short course with small greens that most of the big names skip it after the Masters. Makes sense for Zach Johnson because the course suits his game.

For the first time since Zach Johnson in 2007, the Masters champion will tee it up in the RBC Heritage the following week.

Jordan Spieth, despite a busy week at Augusta National that ended with his first green jacket and a two-day media tour in New York, will honor his commitment to play in the PGA Tour event, which begins Thursday at Harbour Town Golf Links on Hilton Head Island, S.C.

Spieth was offered a sponsor exemption to play in the RBC Heritage in 2013. Spieth, who was trying to earn his PGA Tour card at the time, said Monday on the "Late Show with David Letterman" that his decision to play this week was out of respect to the tournament, which gave him that sponsor exemption two years ago.

I've been to the Masters multiple times, the TPC at Sawgrass multiple times, East Lake multiple times, and the Heritage. For my money, the Heritage is the most fun. The other tournies carry more prestige, but the Heritage is a blast.

I think this Spieth character is up to something.
74-62

Well I'm familiar with that kind of day to day spread.

Great leaderboard, I've always enjoyed watching this one. HTGL is a neat course. Little bit like Colonial in that it's all about position, not length.

I've been to the Masters multiple times, the TPC at Sawgrass multiple times, East Lake multiple times, and the Heritage. For my money, the Heritage is the most fun. The other tournies carry more prestige, but the Heritage is a blast.
Been there a bunch and played several times. Love Hilton Head, spent my honeymoon there and went back every year for 8 years. Interesting note ...impregnated my wife there on Saturday night of the '96 tournament with our first kid.

I got some passes to the Harding Park Match Play Tournament from some work I did with the PGA Tour.

Can anyone fill me in on what to do at a golf event? Having never been to one, mind you. I've got some sort of VIP pass that includes food and drinks at the 12th green/13th tee.

What should I look for? What's the point of being at an event rather than watching on TV where you can see most all the shots from those in the running? Should I be there all day, just the afternoon or morning, etc...?

I got some passes to the Harding Park Match Play Tournament from some work I did with the PGA Tour.

Can anyone fill me in on what to do at a golf event? Having never been to one, mind you. I've got some sort of VIP pass that includes food and drinks at the 12th green/13th tee.

What should I look for? What's the point of being at an event rather than watching on TV where you can see most all the shots from those in the running? Should I be there all day, just the afternoon or morning, etc...?
Truly, it's much better to watch on TV than it is live (sort of like the NFL). But go enjoy the weather...grab some beers and post up at a hole that you can get a good view at IMO.

I do the Honda every year and get to sit in the Bear Trap Suites but there's such little golf actually seen (you get to see one Par 3 and a tee off on the next hole). It's not great but if you have some friends with you, make sure to drink a lot and scream GET IN THE HOLE or BABA BOOEY after every shot.

Make sure to post up on a tee box, maybe a reachable par 5, so you can watch them hit bombs up close.

Getting as much up close viewing is what I enjoy. Not as much the holes where it's 10 deep...unless you're talking 16 at Augusta.

First I look at the pairings -then find a key hole - maybe a par 3 or green at par 5 early on the course to sit at for a while and then find a pairing I'd like to follow for a few holes. After a couple of holes walking I sit for a while and wait for another pair to come along and then work my way to the 17th/18th depending on the seating. With suite - I'd look for a hole or two where I can make a loop or two and come back to it.

Truly, it's much better to watch on TV than it is live (sort of like the NFL). But go enjoy the weather...grab some beers and post up at a hole that you can get a good view at IMO.

I do the Honda every year and get to sit in the Bear Trap Suites but there's such little golf actually seen (you get to see one Par 3 and a tee off on the next hole). It's not great but if you have some friends with you, make sure to drink a lot and scream GET IN THE HOLE or BABA BOOEY after every shot.
If you have never been, you will find the sound of their shots hard to believe. So solid ...and the sound ...you haven't heard anyone make the impact of a golf sound like that. Also hit the driving range and see how they practice.

She also chipped in from the fringe on #18 to force the playoff. Birdie-eagle with the putter in the bag for both.
Couldn't hold the lead in a major (ANA, which used to be the Nabisco & Colgate Dinah Shore before that) her previous start, so nice redemption. 22 year old rookie with two wins already.

Match Play this weekend. Fun event.

Kinda annoyed my vacation (Europe) spans both the final 3 days of this as well as the TPC. First world problems I know, but this is the sweet spot for the PGA schedule IMO

Jimenez/Bradley almost come to blows out there. crazy. I'm not sure exactly what MAJ was saying in terms of the drop. I thought Bradley's caddie and then Bradley overreacted. Didn't seem like gamesmanship to me, just an honest observation by MAJ.

Users who are viewing this thread