What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (5 Viewers)

Supposedly Bradley caddie said something sarcastic in a Spanish accent that set off Jimenez. Supposedly not the first time bradley caddie got into something.

sounds like a doosh

Jimenez is probably my favorite guy out there. Would have been wicked awesome if he slapped him across the face with his golf glove.

Bradley caddie mocked Mechanics accent. Caddie sounds like a ####. But Angel has a habit of getting too involved in his opponents rulings.

There is nothing worse than playing a match against a hot head. Things get tense for something like the Ryder cup but for a guy to get in an opponents face like that is over the line. It was fully within MAJ's rights to voice concern over the drop. The situation could have been deflated if the rules official simply moved to a better spot or wasn't in that spot to begin with. He's standing in front of Bradley's ball and Bradley can't begin his routine until the conversation ends. If the official stood to left of Bradley somewhere in the fairway he could have addressed MAJ's concern and let Bradley begin his routine. MAJ was not animated at all, just trying to convey his interpretation of the rule. Bradley and his caddy just didn't like their process being impeded. I'm sure Bradley about to go 0-3 for the week didn't help his mood at that point.

Without knowing anything about what happened, I'm with Jimenez. Bradley seems like a tool.
They were both already eliminated when this happened. Jimenez really didn't need to be involved in a ruling here unless they were gambling against each other.
They're playing for purse money, fed-ex points and World Golf ranking points. Not to mention pride/not wanting to get skunked. They've played in Ryder Cups. More than just a walk in the park. MAJ wouldn't have said much if it was just a stroke play tournament.

Without knowing anything about what happened, I'm with Jimenez. Bradley seems like a tool.
They were both already eliminated when this happened. Jimenez really didn't need to be involved in a ruling here unless they were gambling against each other.
They're playing for purse money, fed-ex points and World Golf ranking points. Not to mention pride/not wanting to get skunked. They've played in Ryder Cups. More than just a walk in the park. MAJ wouldn't have said much if it was just a stroke play tournament.
Yeah, just saw this, he will make another $15000 and about 15 extra Fedex points. I guess that excuses him somewhat.

Nice coverage on this on NBC - love Johnny Miller's take, basically Jimenez didn't belong there and needed to shut the #### up.

You don't mess with another's player's ruling unless asked.

They've finally found a match play format that works. While I haven't been able to watch, big, big fan of the format. I'm not sure that a second match play tournament is doable, after seeing this, it's certainly worth sending up a test balloon with the players.

Rory has heard enough of this Spieth nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the new format but it is a ton of golf for the guys in the final four.
Like it too, especially when they have it on the west coast, so they can play in prime time. In the last matches the guys were really wasted, someone noted that it was like playing 7 Sundays in 5 days.

I thought it was interesting that when the tools on ESPN were talking about all the huge sports that were going to happen this weekend, there was no mention of the golf. That might have something to do with the fact that they weren't broadcasting.

Pretty impressive, Rory goes 7-0 and really stepped up his game a few times when his back was against the wall.
Birdie-birdie-eagle finish, in the semi, down 1, to the World #5...was :moneybag:
Add in the fact that Furyk just won a couple weeks ago, so you know he is playing well.

Not sure if this is a Honda, but here is a graphic about the 17th at Sawgrass, showing the location of 10 years of shots to the green.

PGA Tour Shotlink threw together this nifty graphic which explains how the iconic 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass is one of the more difficult holes in the world. Since 2003, there has been 4,363 tee shots and about 11% of those have ended up in the drink. Yikes.
Intimidating.

Not sure if this is a Honda, but here is a graphic about the 17th at Sawgrass, showing the location of 10 years of shots to the green.

PGA Tour Shotlink threw together this nifty graphic which explains how the iconic 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass is one of the more difficult holes in the world. Since 2003, there has been 4,363 tee shots and about 11% of those have ended up in the drink. Yikes.
Intimidating.
The most interesting thing to me is that the absolute worst shots are still within 10 yds of the green.

Yeah, just saw this, he will make another $15000 and about 15 extra Fedex points. I guess that excuses him somewhat.
Stenson was sick one year and played 1 hole in the first round and conceded the match, basically just doing enough to get points and cash.

Even if Jimenez was wrong, it's no excuse to get in a guys face like he did. Nothing wrong with getting angry, but inciting violence I can't understand. It's golf, not a Bruins game.

Funny seeing Justin Rose lean in and turn his neck around looking to see what club dustin johnson hit in the water on 17.

TPC is playing fairly easy this morning. Lot of folks at 2 or 3 under for their round as they make the turn (especially those that started on 10), Little rain last night softened things up. Supposed to warm up into upper 80's today.

Cut is currently Even but could move to -1.

Intimidating.
Love the one super-bailout way long and right - guy must have been down to his last ball.

Please update thread title to "PGA Tour Thread-The Players (Major Wannabe)"

Agree with Gump on Kevin Na. If he's still in contention on Sunday, he may not be able to take a backswing on 17.

Would be a huge win for Fowler. He needs to do something big like this to stay in the conversation below Rory and Spieth.

Would be a huge win for Fowler. He needs to do something big like this to stay in the conversation below Rory and Spieth.
On cue...His fellow players voted him over-rated (which is partial jealousy). A big win does him a lot of good.

Kevin Na :lol: zero chance he brings it home. Dude makes his swing on 17 and immediately drops his club like he hit it in the water. Ends up with a 5 footer that he misses.

30 players within 5 shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 tied for the lead, 12 players within two shots of the lead is going to make for an epic 17th hole. If Sergio is in the lead or tied I don't see how he doesn't make the drink.

Users who are viewing this thread