Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
John Bender

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends

18 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Really hoping Tiger takes himself out of Ryder cup.

No.

4 hours ago, Nipsey said:

Sad to hear Hubert Green died. Back before it was the Travelers Championship it was called the Greater Hartford Open. I used to go as a kid and worked as a standard bearer back when it was at Wethersfield Country Club. Hubie was THE fan favorite. Always had the biggest gallery following him. I got to be standard bearer in his group a few times. Super nice guy. He came close to winning the GHO a handful of times and finally broke through and won sometime in the early 80's. My favorite player growing up. Such a unique swing. Would crouch so far down when putting. Knew he had been dealing with throat cancer years ago but thought he had beat it. Crazy he died the week of this tournament. Such a bummer.

Just a crazy swing.  Makes Furyk look on golden plane.  

He was big as I was really starting to take interest in the game as a kid.  Tough competitor - US Open and & PGA titles too.  

I've found a guy to root against each week, it's Dechamebeau.  He's gotten more annoying the more I've seen of him.  Overanalyzing everything, the stupid Ben Hogan hat, the BAD notebook in his back pocket. This is not to say he's a complete #####, actually it seems like he's not. but he still carries himself like Doug Neidermeyer.

I needed someone like this to emerge, easy root against.

3 hours ago, gump said:

So Phil qualifies and Simpson, Dechambeau, Kuch, and Tiger round it out...golf’s Dream Team.

Why Tiger?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, matuski said:

No.

Yes. He's ranked 39th in US points. Maybe with a good British Open, he can pass Ted Potter Jr.

I know that he was once a great match play guy. But now he's JAG. He's your basic Top 75 golfer who can shoot 68 or 75 on any given day. 

Taking him would mean passing up guys like Tony Finau, Xander Souffle, Jimmy Walker. Guys who are playing well now and could actually match up with Alex Noren or Cabrera Bello.

1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

Yes. He's ranked 39th in US points. Maybe with a good British Open, he can pass Ted Potter Jr.

I know that he was once a great match play guy. But now he's JAG. He's your basic Top 75 golfer who can shoot 68 or 75 on any given day. 

Taking him would mean passing up guys like Tony Finau, Xander Souffle, Jimmy Walker. Guys who are playing well now and could actually match up with Alex Noren or Cabrera Bello.

Tigers Ryder cup record isn't that great tbh

Singles (W-L-H): 4-1-2

Foursomes (W-L-H): 4-8-1 

Four-balls (W-L-H): 5-8-0 

2 hours ago, JaxBill said:

His ranking?  Has nothing to do with it.

Edited by matuski

Just now, Jules Winnfield said:

So, why Tiger?

The game is better with him out there.

If Xander Souffle is on TV, the world changes the channel.

Just now, matuski said:

The game is better with him out there.

If Xander Souffle is on TV, the world changes the channel.

It’s the Ryder Cup. You are aware why the Ryder Cup is played, aren’t you? 

5 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Let’s say Tiger Woods has an awful British Open and doesn’t do much from here on out. All of a sudden he’s passed by a bunch of other guys and his rankings drops out of the top 50. Matuski, do you still want Tiger Woods on the Ryder Cup team?

It’s the Ryder Cup. You are aware why the Ryder Cup is played, aren’t you? 

Oh the Ryder Cup?  Man I thought we were talking Stanley Cup.

Wait is this the one where they swings sticks and hit pucks, or is it the one where they hit the little white balls?  I appreciate any help in clarifying... it is all a bit overwhelming.

Let’s say Tiger Woods has an awful British Open and doesn’t do much from here on out. All of a sudden he’s passed by a bunch of other guys and his rankings drops out of the top 50. Matuski, do you still want Tiger Woods on the Ryder Cup team?

Yes.

Just now, matuski said:

Oh the Ryder Cup?  Man I thought we were talking Stanley Cup.

Wait is this the one where they swings sticks and hit pucks, or is it the one where they hit the little white balls?  I appreciate any help in clarifying... it is all a bit overwhelming.

That’s a real sought out creative response

1 minute ago, Jules Winnfield said:

That’s a real sought out creative response

I found your question much the same. :hifive:

Edited by matuski

5 minutes ago, matuski said:

I found your question much the same. :hifive:

You see, unlike you, I would understand if a Jules Winnfield character asked me a question how I did

I thought you were actually one of the smart ones on here, guess not

Edited by Jules Winnfield

You see, unlike you, I would understand if a Jules Winnfield character asked me a question how I did

I thought you were actually one of the smart ones on here, guess not

You lost me now.

I thought we were having a little fun banter back in forth.  Nothing personal taken nor meant on my end.

Sorry it went there for you.

1 minute ago, matuski said:

You lost me now.

I thought we were having a little fun banter back in forth.  Nothing personal taken nor meant on my end.

Sorry it went there for you.

No personal attacks taken

You are still wrong about Tiger though. 

• Like 1

It isn't really anything to debate.

Tiger is bigger than golf.  Even 2018 Tiger.  Even a Tiger ranked 100.  Just is.

The game needs him.  Each and every event needs him.  The damn preview show on Golf channel before some non major tournament last month had Stanley Cup type ratings.

Europe will be loaded too...should be an awesome event.  

Stenson, Rose, Rory, Garcia, Noren, Hatton, Casey, Rahm, Fleetwood, Molinari, Cabrera-Bello, and probably Poulter?

That is way better than the 2016 team with Fitzpatrick, Kaymer, Wood, Sullivan, Willett, and Westwood.  Add in the venue and I think it's going to be great.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2018 at 8:55 PM, gump said:

So Bubba’s a Ryder Cup lock after emasculating a Euro Top 5...that’s 7/8 US auto slots in the Top 15 in the World.  The Euros seem strong at the top but the US team now owns 5 straight Majors.

The US hasn’t won abroad in 25 years but this will be a coronation.

I love Europe to win, I think the Americans outside of Patrick Reed are going to turtle in the hostile environment.

1 minute ago, Nipsey said:

I was just about to post this. Guy crushes it. His Bubba kills me.

Dustin Johnson “you have a total different language to learn” :lol:

And who does a Justin Rose? Brilliant!

• Like 1

Rose, Rory and Poulter are killer. 

He needs to do Rickie and JT

Watching he Golf Channel earlier and they were discussing the Ryder Cup. Right now the average rank for the US players that are to qualify is 8th. Obviously been a lot of talk about how strong of a team the US is going to field. However, the average rank for the Europeans is 10th which would be the strongest team Europe has ever fielded. Going to be an amazing final weekend of September.

• Like 2

I took Spieth as one of my suicide picks since I didnt use him yet.  I regret it

12 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Hey thanks, Finau. 

way too many people were picking Finau to win this thing, seemed likely he would lay a turd with so many people on his jock.

14 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Hey thanks, Finau. 

:lmao:

My suicide picks were

Spieth

Finau

Fleetwood

Every year the PGA screws me.  I'm top 3 after the first 4 tournaments and always choke in the PGA

30 minutes ago, JuniorGong said:

way too many people were picking Finau to win this thing, seemed likely he would lay a turd with so many people on his jock.

He can make a lot of birdies, so perhaps tomorrow he'll catch fire.  But yeah, my DFS roster is toast already.  

My money is elsewhere, but it would be nice to see Rickie Fowler win this. He seems like a genuinely great guy, and it would help the Tour if he was a major winner instead of just the guy with the intriguing game and the orange outfits. Plus the requisite Sunday shots of the leader's significant other would be top notch. Three up on the field at the moment.

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 3

I have to admit I had no idea this was being played in St. Louis, I had no idea that Bellerive existed either.  

I guess it had a PGA before like 20 years ago or something.  :shrug:

Looks pretty meh to me.  What led them to pick this place?  I guess it's a RTJ course.  Whatever.

Get off my lawn.

Just now, culdeus said:

I have to admit I had no idea this was being played in St. Louis, I had no idea that Bellerive existed either.  

I guess it had a PGA before like 20 years ago or something.  :shrug:

Looks pretty meh to me.  What led them to pick this place?  I guess it's a RTJ course.  Whatever.

Get off my lawn.

I'll be there tomorrow and report.