What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (1 Viewer)

I want to have Koepka babies...

**** Groat is Koepka uncle and Koepka almost played baseball instead of golf

D in the D said:
With a bogey to start the round.  Misses a 6-footer on his 17th hole and then drains a 20 footer on his 18th to break 60. Crazy.
He was only 3 under after 9.  Went 8 under on his last 9 ... 6 birdies and an eagle.

So the Captain’s picks for Furyk should be interesting but I consider Tiger and Phil to be locks so really only leaves Jim with two choices. Tiger has been openly lobbying for DeChambeau and he finished 9th in the standings so I would think he is one of the favorites for the last two picks. The one guy I don’t really hear anyone talking about is Kevin Kisner. I think he could be a smart choice giving that he is an elite putter which would add a lot of value over the first two days. If I had to guess I would say Furyk goes Kuchar but I suppose he waits to see if someone gets real hot over the next couple of weeks.

So the Captain’s picks for Furyk should be interesting but I consider Tiger and Phil to be locks so really only leaves Jim with two choices. Tiger has been openly lobbying for DeChambeau and he finished 9th in the standings so I would think he is one of the favorites for the last two picks. The one guy I don’t really hear anyone talking about is Kevin Kisner. I think he could be a smart choice giving that he is an elite putter which would add a lot of value over the first two days. If I had to guess I would say Furyk goes Kuchar but I suppose he waits to see if someone gets real hot over the next couple of weeks.
Kuchar has been less than average if not terrible this year, he should get left off 

Not sure how much ground can be made up in the FedEx when the Big 2 stay around the top 10 every week. Koepka lurking though.

I had a persimmon driver and 3 wood growing up.  Wish we kept them around - they were great
Yep, same. Really wish I'd have kept my Dad's old clubs especially.

And it must have taken everything in his being to resist mentioning the ball when talking about DJ's distances.

NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa. – In anticipation of more inclement weather, final-round tee times at the BMW Championship have been moved up more than five hours.

The final round will be played in threesomes and off split tees beginning at 7 a.m. ET, with the last group scheduled to go off at 8:50 a.m. Golf Channel will air the final round, beginning at 8 a.m. ET.

NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa. – In anticipation of more inclement weather, final-round tee times at the BMW Championship have been moved up more than five hours.

The final round will be played in threesomes and off split tees beginning at 7 a.m. ET, with the last group scheduled to go off at 8:50 a.m. Golf Channel will air the final round, beginning at 8 a.m. ET.
Postponed to at least 12pm, not sure they are going to get any golf in today

Anyone seen the new “playoff” structure announced by PGA?  Upon initial review, it sounds absolutely horrendous and unappealing.  Spotting players strokes, essentially giving pros a handicap based on points?  Gross

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/fedexcup-gets-massive-overhaul-next-season/
The overall FedEx Cup title kind of works this way anyhow - Patton Kizzire (#30) would have to be DeChambeau (#1) by several strokes this week to overtake him for the Cup, so DeChambeau is effectively getting some # of strokes vs the field in terms of the year-long title.  He can win the Cup without winning the tournament, as long as the actual winner isn't one of the top few behind him (happened last year, as the article says).

So I get the concept - wanting the guy who wins the Tour Championship tournament to win the FedEx Cup - but agree this feels like a clunky way to do it.  But I don't know of a better way to do it while still treating it as a year-long "super event". The guy who was the best all year up to this point should have some advantage.

East Lake...old...hilly...perfect conditions...tough test based on conditions...Bobby Jones...

Augusta lite.

So spieth didn't play in enough events or events new to him and they suspended him from the tour championship?

What kind of ####ed up rule is that?

So spieth didn't play in enough events or events new to him and they suspended him from the tour championship?

What kind of ####ed up rule is that?
No. He wasn't in the top 30 and as a result of missing out on the tour championship, he didn't play in enough tournaments. 

No. He wasn't in the top 30 and as a result of missing out on the tour championship, he didn't play in enough tournaments. 
Oh.   I'm trying to decipher this bit about not playing in events he skipped last 4 years and just gave up. Never picked up on fact he didnt qualify. :bag:

culdeus said:
Oh.   I'm trying to decipher this bit about not playing in events he skipped last 4 years and just gave up. Never picked up on fact he didnt qualify. :bag:
Yeah.  That's why he was in violation.  He was going to be in 25 events as he planned on the Tour Championship as one of those 25, but since he didn't qualify and there aren't any other tour events left, he is in violation.  

He also could've avoided this by playing in a different tourney that he didn't play the year before.

So I'm late to this news but I see that Dechambeau plans to leave the pins in when putting this year, if the pin is fiberglass and not metal.

Another reason to hate this guy.  I'm sure he thinks he's outsmarted the tour,. Hoping it backfires literally.

In the event that he is right and this is a great strategy, I don't know why he gave out the fiberglass info so early, unless he is just trying to brag, which I think he is.

So I'm late to this news but I see that Dechambeau plans to leave the pins in when putting this year, if the pin is fiberglass and not metal.

Another reason to hate this guy.  I'm sure he thinks he's outsmarted the tour,. Hoping it backfires literally.

In the event that he is right and this is a great strategy, I don't know why he gave out the fiberglass info so early, unless he is just trying to brag, which I think he is.
Don’t understand the hate. At all. Players have the option to leave the pin in or not. He’s analytical and actually put some thought into it with applied science. I find what he does fascinating including the same-length golf clubs. 

Really?  Take advantage of the rules :shrug:  

Im a golf nut, but the golf community is insane re:pretentious with rules/etiquette. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching my first golf of the year and this is weird seeing them putt with the flag in. I didn’t know the new rules. 

this is another reason to hate the guy?

Golf fans ought to be able to make all the noise they want at any time. Like any other sport. As long as we’re changing stuff about golf this year...

Users who are viewing this thread