Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
John Bender

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends

Koepka seems interested early this year.

59 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

would really like to see Vijay win this ...

I either root for a winless rookie or the old dude where this could be his final triumph.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Binky The Doormat said:

would really like to see Vijay win this ...

Never liked him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Vijay kept it real for the almost old guys. My wife walked in and said, "doesn't he hate women?"

Impressive that she knows such a relative nobody, she must pay attention more than most sports fans as far as golf goes. This is the guy that every woman I know still hates.

https://nypost.com/2013/11/24/the-night-tiger-woods-was-exposed-as-a-serial-cheater/

Tiger Woods is back on the injured reserve list. The 43-year-old announced Monday he has withdrawn from this week’s Arnold Palmer Invitational with a neck strain.

• Sad 1

On 3/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, Joe Mammy said:

Vijay kept it real for the almost old guys. My wife walked in and said, "doesn't he hate women?"

I hear that deer spray works wonders. 

8 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Pretty quiet around here without Tiger. Me? I like it better, you get to see alot more golfers. 

I'm in. Should be a good afternoon of golf

I have been watching the Golf Channel coverage today.  Its looking like a good Sunday afternoon is shaping up.

No Tiger, but golf is still very good without him.  So many good, young players out there today.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

NBC is terrible on golf after golf channel. They just called Fitzpatrick (leader) Fitzgerald.

GC has split screen commercials where you still see live action.

I will give NBC credit for that clip of the hooligan running on the soccer field and clubbing a team captain from behind. You don't see that in golf too often.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

I will give NBC credit for that clip of the hooligan running on the soccer field and clubbing a team captain from behind. You don't see that in golf too often.

sometimes networks have to go big to get American audiences interested in soccer.

Tiger Woods is going to The Players Championship.

The PGA Tour announced Sunday that Woods is scheduled for a news conference Tuesday ahead of the PGA Tour’s flagship event that starts Thursday at TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla

Phil going to TPC Sawgrass to check out the conditions and then decide if he wants to play. Phil being Phil.

Congrats to Molinari...

Would be a huge way for Ollie to finally break thru here.

:lmao: Listen to your caddie, kid. 

At least this course won’t accentuate poor focus on the back nine.

Edited by gump

Lot of folks just hanging around. If Pepperell can be first one in the house at -13, he might be hanging around for a playoff

1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

Lot of folks just hanging around. If Pepperell can be first one in the house at -13, he might be hanging around for a playoff

Wow.  Pepperell drains a 60-foot walk-off on 18 to get to -14.

• Like 1

Well. Makes things interesting in near term.  

A little too much hype for the players.  I mean the course is a little clowns mouth. 

Rory’s never been on better form heading into Augusta.  This could be the year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoonation said:

He has to putt. After he missed the 4-footer for the Sunday lead at 2 last year, he was done mentally. He made some big putts today.

13 minutes ago, gump said:

He has to putt. After he missed the 4-footer for the Sunday lead at 2 last year, he was done mentally. He made some big putts today.

Agree.  And Augusta will expose weak putting more than any other course.   If he drives it like he is now he should be able to dominate the par 5’s.  That will obviously be key for him (notnjust him obvs)

4 hours ago, zoonation said:

Hope he gets out of the gates slowly on Thurs.  I'd love to take him 15-1 or higher live.

• Like 1

Valspar will be a better field then expected, although no Tiger or Jordan. Surprised on the latter with the way he’s playing and having won on Copperhead.

Great win by Rory.  Who else could win the Players on St. Patrick's day?  Would like to see him do well at the Masters.  Can't wait!  

2 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Eddie Pepperell brutally honest Blog

so 3 months?  :lmao:

"I hadn’t snapped a club all year until the Tuesday"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belljr said:

so 3 months?  :lmao:

"I hadn’t snapped a club all year until the Tuesday"

Yeah. But you figure between the different tours and practice rounds that's probably 30+ rounds.

Man I thought DeChambeau was some weirdo. Watching Feherty, he's even stranger than i thought. And possibly more annoying than i thought.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Man I thought DeChambeau was some weirdo. Watching Feherty, he's even stranger than i thought. And possibly more annoying than i thought.

Just don't like him.  For no real reason, but I dont