What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (2 Viewers)

The Koepka weight loss thing is crazy to me. He hints that it will be over soon and he can return to the weight he wants. Why would you do that for a photo shoot? I get wanting to look great but at the expense of your profession?

Same with Sergio switching clubs after the Masters win, Tiger going to Nike clubs in the midst of dominance and Padraig Harrington changing his swing after finally winning Majors or multiple players working out too much to copy Tiger and losing their game. Dumb. 

The Koepka weight loss thing is crazy to me. He hints that it will be over soon and he can return to the weight he wants. Why would you do that for a photo shoot? I get wanting to look great but at the expense of your profession?

Same with Sergio switching clubs after the Masters win, Tiger going to Nike clubs in the midst of dominance and Padraig Harrington changing his swing after finally winning Majors or multiple players working out too much to copy Tiger and losing their game. Dumb. 
My favorite golfer back in the day was David Duval and I believe he did some “tinkering” with body and mental approach because of the Tiger Effect. Obviously did not work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don’t think Brooks is a deep thinker. Probably works in his favor honestly.

Good day at the Valspar...up close with Rahm, Day, Garcia, Stenson, Reed, Bubba...but nothing like watching DJ hit driver. Copperhead in prime shape and with the rough up and greens beautiful but dry, if the wind blows this weekend it’ll be brutal.

DJ-Casey final group tomorrow... :popcorn:  
It could be an exciting finish. Casey will probably stumble out of the gate since it's Sunday. DJ has done a great job of getting out of trouble. I don't think the course suits his game though.

I agree with @hooter311.  Especially the first 2. And don't write off Kokrak.

@Hooter311: Tremendous value to win still on the board with Furyk +2500, Im +4000, N Taylor +5500, Cook +5500.

From Gambling Thread:

Posted 1 hour ago

This might be pride getting in the way, but I'm sticking to my intuition that dj and Casey are fade material as the last group.  Dj bailed himself out of some tough spots yesterday and putting conditions were much easier than expected.  Casey's bogie yesterday on 18 won't do his pysch any favors.

Currently holding pre tourny win tickets on Im 65.5-1, Nick Taylor 165-1, and cook 200-1.  Also added kokrak at 34.65-1 and furyk at 40.5-1 before they tee'd off yesterday.

Mulling over adding Donald at 22-1 but that just seems like a terrible price point.  His course history is pretty outstanding.

For people looking to jump in late, I still believe there is tremendous value on furyk +2500, im +4000,  cook +5500, Nick Taylor +5500.  

I think everyone as far back as -3 is still live and I could see a hail Mary from even further back still landing.

The names that give me that little tickle in my tummy looking at the leaderboard are Knox 150-1, Burns 250-1, Glover 300-1, Stenson 350-1,  Haas 400-1, Sloan 750-1, Niemann 750-1.

Osprey pulls large fish out of lake to the crowd's delight. Bird drops fish near the green. Fan leaps over fence and grabs the fish and races it back to the water's edge and tosses it back. The gallery roars!

Speaking of Punta Cana.....Im's 21st birthday was today, I feel like he's the kind of special player that celebrates by pissing excellence tomorrow and taking home his first PGA win.

Im to win +380

This is a great tournament to watch.

I went on Thursday. Were pretty small crowds. Lots of fun.

Go Tiger.
I went Wednesday and Friday. Followed Tiger for several holes Friday. We sponsor a ton of sporting events (including all five TX PGA tourneys) and Friday at Dell is my favorite one all year. Especially this year.

I really love watching match play.  There has been some good golf this week, very fun to watch.
My favorite part was Thursday when the NBC+ crew felt like they needed to keep apologizing for Billy Horschel screaming f-bombs at the ball on every drive or iron.  Lot more respect for Horschel after that round, being his caddie must be a riot.

I was aware that Kisner was awesome.  Southern college golf jocks are so pompous and socially awkward that it's amazing, and I say that in the most complimentary way possible.  Patrick Reed cracks

First there was El Toucan-gate with Kuch, and now the Sergio thing. Besides snitching, of course it was Sergio in the wrong yesterday.  But what Sergio did was make a mistake, and we all make mistakes and we also know that Sergio makes more than most, where Kuch just refuses to own up to the fact that he is a richard as a human being.  There is no excuse on the planet that someone of his status wouldn't make it right with his caddie and tried validating his excuse instead of respecting the dude that carried his clubs for 4 days.  

If he would just say "yeah, I punked Sergio and I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight", I'd accept him for who he was.  This "Oh gee golly that's that my rules pamphlet said they they gave me when I came here" schtick is the worst schtick.  Kuch is definitely the kind of guy that would go full dexter on you when nobody is looking.  

Kuch was playing head games with Bjerregaard today conceding putts that Lucas had already lined up for.  He was being over the top about it to get in the Dane's head as well as make it clear to people that's how he always does it and it was 100% on Sergio yesterday.  Which isn't the point but everybody for some reason is pretending like it is.

Nobody likes Kuch. he's notorious for this type of behavior his entire career but everyone only whispers about it on tour because you have to be around everyone 24/7.  Unless you are an abrasive individual and that's just how you do life, example:  Justin Thomas.

Sketchers are dumb too! 

:stirspot:

Kuch was playing head games with Bjerregaard today conceding putts that Lucas had already lined up for.  He was being over the top about it to get in the Dane's head as well as make it clear to people that's how he always does it and it was 100% on Sergio yesterday.  Which isn't the point but everybody for some reason is pretending like it is.

Nobody likes Kuch. he's notorious for this type of behavior his entire career but everyone only whispers about it on tour because you have to be around everyone 24/7.  Unless you are an abrasive individual and that's just how you do life, example:  Justin Thomas.

Sketchers are dumb too! 

Where are you getting this? I'd never heard a negative peep about Kuchar prior to the Mexico nonsense. He's like Mickelson but with a sense of morality. And the PGA Tour is not like other tours where everybody is in the same hotel or campground. There is a lot more separation, especially for those like him who travel with their families. They usually get houses and stay to themselves or with the family of a buddy or two.

Sketchers are definitely dumb.

hooter311 said:

Sketchers are dumb too! 

You seem to know quite a bit about golfers. Share more details. Justin Thomas is an abrasive individual? That’s hard to pick up from a broadcast. Any examples?

Can't stand kuchar. He's got this aww shucks thing when he talks on TV but he also does this really annoying head bob deal which once you notice it, you can't unsee it. He's like a human bobblehead. Beyond that he just seems really fake to me. Don't know anything about him other than what I've seen watching golf for 30 years.

Where are you getting this? I'd never heard a negative peep about Kuchar prior to the Mexico nonsense. He's like Mickelson but with a sense of morality. And the PGA Tour is not like other tours where everybody is in the same hotel or campground. There is a lot more separation, especially for those like him who travel with their families. They usually get houses and stay to themselves or with the family of a buddy or two.

Sketchers are definitely dumb.
That's not being fair to Phil.  When you hear legends about Phil passing out $100s like Jimmy Conway, it's never out of Phil's mouth but from the people who experienced it.

When someone has to proclaim "I'm not cheap!", It's pretty much a given that they are.

The unwritten rules of golf are more cardinal than baseball.  The players are expected to call penalities on themselves.  Imagine an athlete in any other sport signing the scorecard DJ did in the 2010 pga championship with the grounded club fiasco. 

When you are taking all the credit for your accomplishments, it is necessary to take care of the people that take care of you.  He treated the guy that carried his clubs 4 days like a worse than you would treat a call girl at a downtown craps table.

Then had the audacity to say "for guy that makes $200 a day, $5k should be a great week."

Ok, Mr. I-just-made-1.3-million-playing-golf man, sir.

You seem to know quite a bit about golfers. Share more details. Justin Thomas is an abrasive individual? That’s hard to pick up from a broadcast. Any examples?
Throwing a tantrum and throwing out the guy that yelled "get in the bunker" at the playoff hole of the Honda Classic last year after his swing.  Not that I think anyone needs to be or should be yelling at the pga event but it wasn't his place to get involved in.  That's something that student athletes are protected from, not professionals.

Also don't know too many other independent contractors whose regulating bodies have to reach out to them on twitter regarding their passive aggressive behavior.  

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/02/usga-responds-to-justin-thomas-tweets/

But that's just who JT is, and I can accept him for that.  He's been competing at an elite level since he was like 12, I wouldn't expect him or Speith to be "normal, down to earth guys".  Its a by product of your success.  But when you have a PR team that works to sell you as Mr Nice Guy, yet nobody you work with ever refers to you as that, you are trying to sell me a faberge for $19.99 and nobody should ever want that product.

At least he's getting his money's worth if anyone buys that snake oil video of Kuch with arm around Sergio in golf cart today saying it was all good.  I'm sure Serg will be wearing a pair of those comfortable as heck sketchers at the Masters too.

Throwing a tantrum and throwing out the guy that yelled "get in the bunker" at the playoff hole of the Honda Classic last year after his swing.  Not that I think anyone needs to be or should be yelling at the pga event but it wasn't his place to get involved in.  That's something that student athletes are protected from, not professionals.

Also don't know too many other independent contractors whose regulating bodies have to reach out to them on twitter regarding their passive aggressive behavior.  

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/02/usga-responds-to-justin-thomas-tweets/

But that's just who JT is, and I can accept him for that.  He's been competing at an elite level since he was like 12, I wouldn't expect him or Speith to be "normal, down to earth guys".  Its a by product of your success.  But when you have a PR team that works to sell you as Mr Nice Guy, yet nobody you work with ever refers to you as that, you are trying to sell me a faberge for $19.99 and nobody should ever want that product.

At least he's getting his money's worth if anyone buys that snake oil video of Kuch with arm around Sergio in golf cart today saying it was all good.  I'm sure Serg will be wearing a pair of those comfortable as heck sketchers at the Masters too.
I'm glad Thomas had that doosh thrown out.

It was that one isolated incident

Users who are viewing this thread