What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (1 Viewer)

Throwing a tantrum and throwing out the guy that yelled "get in the bunker" at the playoff hole of the Honda Classic last year after his swing.  Not that I think anyone needs to be or should be yelling at the pga event but it wasn't his place to get involved in.  That's something that student athletes are protected from, not professionals.

Also don't know too many other independent contractors whose regulating bodies have to reach out to them on twitter regarding their passive aggressive behavior.  

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/02/usga-responds-to-justin-thomas-tweets/

But that's just who JT is, and I can accept him for that.  He's been competing at an elite level since he was like 12, I wouldn't expect him or Speith to be "normal, down to earth guys".  Its a by product of your success.  But when you have a PR team that works to sell you as Mr Nice Guy, yet nobody you work with ever refers to you as that, you are trying to sell me a faberge for $19.99 and nobody should ever want that product.

At least he's getting his money's worth if anyone buys that snake oil video of Kuch with arm around Sergio in golf cart today saying it was all good.  I'm sure Serg will be wearing a pair of those comfortable as heck sketchers at the Masters too.
if you start with the idea that 90% of all celebrities, be it in sports, business, acting etc... are totally dysfunctional and disgusting human beings you'll never be let down.

belljr said:
I'm glad Thomas had that doosh thrown out.

It was that one isolated incident
Why?  Completely different story if he was following to heckle or if he interrupted his swing, but it was after.  I'm not arguing that people that yell like that are jackalopes and I would never do it or not say something to someone around me doing it,  but where does it say you can't root against someone at a sporting event? 

Yelling "Mashed potatoes" or  "Babbabooey", just to yell or be annoying or whatever they are trying to accomplish is 10x more offensive to me than hoping a great stroke finds bad luck after landing.

There were plenty of people standing there with the authority to remove the guy, it shouldn't be the golfer.  

Just finishing watching the Women's Amateur. Really cool thing Augusta did hosting this tournament. 

Good on Bubba Watson for being out there all day. He'll be there tomorrow with the kids for the drive chip and putt too like he always is

Good stuff

Holding a 150-1 on Conners.  Down a stroke to Kim after starting the tournament double bogey and Kim having the hole in one yesterday seems like a good place to be.

Why?  Completely different story if he was following to heckle or if he interrupted his swing, but it was after.  I'm not arguing that people that yell like that are jackalopes and I would never do it or not say something to someone around me doing it,  but where does it say you can't root against someone at a sporting event? 

Yelling "Mashed potatoes" or  "Babbabooey", just to yell or be annoying or whatever they are trying to accomplish is 10x more offensive to me than hoping a great stroke finds bad luck after landing.

There were plenty of people standing there with the authority to remove the guy, it shouldn't be the golfer.  
Agree.  It pretty much confirmed what I thought about him.  Can't stand him now.  Go Fowler!

if you start with the idea that 90% of all celebrities, be it in sports, business, acting etc... are totally dysfunctional and disgusting human beings you'll never be let down.
Of course, but what's the fun in that?  It's just some games we are viewing, villains make it better.

Phil could be a jerk but every Byron Nelson I worked he signed Autographs for almost an hour after each round.  He's also hit a guy in the gallery with a shot and slipped him a signed glove with 200 in it. He definitely takes his fans seriously

Phil could be a jerk but every Byron Nelson I worked he signed Autographs for almost an hour after each round.  He's also hit a guy in the gallery with a shot and slipped him a signed glove with 200 in it. He definitely takes his fans seriously
Big tipper also per bartenders and waitstaff.

Hard to argue against Rory using any topic besides pressure.

I think there is a confidence that players bring to the course when priced under 20-1 or if they did well last year, that the course tends to humble more often than not.

Anyone else surprised to find out that this isn't Corey Conners' first Masters?  And he shot a 69 highlighted by 6 birdies as an amateur?

Not touching anything below 40-1 until I get a better idea on how exactly the weather is going to play out.  Seeing if we can get a flyer up the leaderboards early or if all else fails circle the wagons and just play matchups by the round.

Locked in:

Woodland 80-1

Stenson 86.04-1

Howell 125-1

Fitzpatrick 125-1

Wallace 150-1

Olesen 225-1

Walker 250-1

Barnrat 250-1 (Fanboy play, conditions do not favor his game)

My main Masters lineup for DK full tourney GPP:

R. Fowler

P. Casey

F. Molinari

L. Oosthuizen

E. Pepperell

K. Kisner

I'll add a few more leading up to thur...

!!Attention Golf Experts!!

Pick one golfer from each group, have to pick only one from each. Looking for player you think will finish highest on the leaderboard:

*Group A*
Dustin Johnson (1)
Justin Rose (2)
Rory McIlroy (3)
Brooks Koepka (4)
Justin Thomas (5)
Bryson DeChambeau (6)
Francesco Molinari (7)
Rickie Fowler (8)
Jon Rahm (9)
Xander Schauffele (10)

*Group B*