Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
John Bender

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, hooter311 said:

You'll never hear a story like this about kuch:

Video embedded is NSFW.  The golf digest article is:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/this-phil-mickelson-story-of-shutting-up-a-music-star-at-jordan-spieths-wedding-is-the-pinnacle-of-phil-being-phil/amp?__twitter_impression=true

 

:tebow:

Who needs change when you have a "wad".

Awesome.  Thanks for posting that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hooter311 said:

You'll never hear a story like this about kuch:

Video embedded is NSFW.  The golf digest article is:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/this-phil-mickelson-story-of-shutting-up-a-music-star-at-jordan-spieths-wedding-is-the-pinnacle-of-phil-being-phil/amp?__twitter_impression=true

 

:tebow:

Who needs change when you have a "wad".

I don't like Phil - but that is awesome :lmao:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Throwing a tantrum and throwing out the guy that yelled "get in the bunker" at the playoff hole of the Honda Classic last year after his swing.  Not that I think anyone needs to be or should be yelling at the pga event but it wasn't his place to get involved in.  That's something that student athletes are protected from, not professionals.

 

Also don't know too many other independent contractors whose regulating bodies have to reach out to them on twitter regarding their passive aggressive behavior.  

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/02/usga-responds-to-justin-thomas-tweets/

 

But that's just who JT is, and I can accept him for that.  He's been competing at an elite level since he was like 12, I wouldn't expect him or Speith to be "normal, down to earth guys".  Its a by product of your success.  But when you have a PR team that works to sell you as Mr Nice Guy, yet nobody you work with ever refers to you as that, you are trying to sell me a faberge for $19.99 and nobody should ever want that product.

At least he's getting his money's worth if anyone buys that snake oil video of Kuch with arm around Sergio in golf cart today saying it was all good.  I'm sure Serg will be wearing a pair of those comfortable as heck sketchers at the Masters too.

I'm glad Thomas had that doosh thrown out.

It was that one isolated incident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Throwing a tantrum and throwing out the guy that yelled "get in the bunker" at the playoff hole of the Honda Classic last year after his swing.  Not that I think anyone needs to be or should be yelling at the pga event but it wasn't his place to get involved in.  That's something that student athletes are protected from, not professionals.

 

Also don't know too many other independent contractors whose regulating bodies have to reach out to them on twitter regarding their passive aggressive behavior.  

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/02/usga-responds-to-justin-thomas-tweets/

 

But that's just who JT is, and I can accept him for that.  He's been competing at an elite level since he was like 12, I wouldn't expect him or Speith to be "normal, down to earth guys".  Its a by product of your success.  But when you have a PR team that works to sell you as Mr Nice Guy, yet nobody you work with ever refers to you as that, you are trying to sell me a faberge for $19.99 and nobody should ever want that product.

At least he's getting his money's worth if anyone buys that snake oil video of Kuch with arm around Sergio in golf cart today saying it was all good.  I'm sure Serg will be wearing a pair of those comfortable as heck sketchers at the Masters too.

if you start with the idea that 90% of all celebrities, be it in sports, business, acting etc... are totally dysfunctional and disgusting human beings you'll never be let down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tommyboy said:

if you start with the idea that 90% of all people celebrities, be it in sports, business, acting etc... are totally dysfunctional and disgusting human beings you'll never be let down.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, belljr said:

I'm glad Thomas had that doosh thrown out.

It was that one isolated incident

Why?  Completely different story if he was following to heckle or if he interrupted his swing, but it was after.  I'm not arguing that people that yell like that are jackalopes and I would never do it or not say something to someone around me doing it,  but where does it say you can't root against someone at a sporting event? 

Yelling "Mashed potatoes" or  "Babbabooey", just to yell or be annoying or whatever they are trying to accomplish is 10x more offensive to me than hoping a great stroke finds bad luck after landing.

There were plenty of people standing there with the authority to remove the guy, it shouldn't be the golfer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, belljr said:

That is one of the most contrived PR stunts I've ever seen on tour.  Either there's 50 boxes of sketchers loaded up in the back of that golf cart or we can't see Sergio's family gagged and bound off camera.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who are the good guys?  You never hear a bad word from anyone about these two:

 

Aphibarnrat aka The Asian Jon Daly

https://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/06/25/thai-tanic-pga-tour-newbie-kiradech-aphibarnrat-lives-big-big-lifestyle

 

Fowler- although I admittedly hated his style when he came on tour....millennials:unsure:.

https://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/quality-rickie-fowlers-game-catching-quality-person

https://golfweek.com/2018/01/03/rickie-fowler-ranked-no-1-on-list-of-best-mannered-people/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finishing watching the Women's Amateur. Really cool thing Augusta did hosting this tournament. 

Good on Bubba Watson for being out there all day. He'll be there tomorrow with the kids for the drive chip and putt too like he always is

Good stuff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holding a 150-1 on Conners.  Down a stroke to Kim after starting the tournament double bogey and Kim having the hole in one yesterday seems like a good place to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Holding a 150-1 on Conners.  Down a stroke to Kim after starting the tournament double bogey and Kim having the hole in one yesterday seems like a good place to be.

Great odds for only being one back with 18 or more to go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, hooter311 said:

Why?  Completely different story if he was following to heckle or if he interrupted his swing, but it was after.  I'm not arguing that people that yell like that are jackalopes and I would never do it or not say something to someone around me doing it,  but where does it say you can't root against someone at a sporting event? 

Yelling "Mashed potatoes" or  "Babbabooey", just to yell or be annoying or whatever they are trying to accomplish is 10x more offensive to me than hoping a great stroke finds bad luck after landing.

There were plenty of people standing there with the authority to remove the guy, it shouldn't be the golfer.  

Agree.  It pretty much confirmed what I thought about him.  Can't stand him now.  Go Fowler!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 8:17 AM, tommyboy said:

if you start with the idea that 90% of all celebrities, be it in sports, business, acting etc... are totally dysfunctional and disgusting human beings you'll never be let down.

Of course, but what's the fun in that?  It's just some games we are viewing, villains make it better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grateful zed said:

looking good.

Longest shot I ever cashed was 70-1 on a horse.  And it was also close in the stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Longest shot I ever cashed was 70-1 on a horse.  And it was also close in the stretch.

what was your wager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Longest shot I ever cashed was 70-1 on a horse.  And it was also close in the stretch.

Sarava?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Sarava?

I wish. Triple Crown races I usually played more chalk.

Edited by Leroy Hoard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I wish. Triple Crown races I usually played more chalk.

Oh

My wife had the Sarava exacta for a dollar that day. 

I can't remember anything but I remember that damn horse was 70-1 back in '02 lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

My wife had the Sarava exacta for a dollar that day. 

Exacta paid close to 2500 for 2, nice payday for you two.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 2:03 PM, hooter311 said:

Phil could be a jerk but every Byron Nelson I worked he signed Autographs for almost an hour after each round.  He's also hit a guy in the gallery with a shot and slipped him a signed glove with 200 in it. He definitely takes his fans seriously

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, belljr said:

Phil could be a jerk but every Byron Nelson I worked he signed Autographs for almost an hour after each round.  He's also hit a guy in the gallery with a shot and slipped him a signed glove with 200 in it. He definitely takes his fans seriously

Big tipper also per bartenders and waitstaff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, hooter311 said:

Holding a 150-1 on Conners.  Down a stroke to Kim after starting the tournament double bogey and Kim having the hole in one yesterday seems like a good place to be.

Nice hit hooter

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Big tipper also per bartenders and waitstaff.

I've heard he literally only carries 100s and never ever asks for change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Boom.

Never in doubt!  

🎉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Started a masters player draft today....who are some good value picks out there?

Barnrat and Charlie Hoffman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Speaking of rooting interests, I'll be taking Tony Finau.  Not because he does actually seem like one of the "good guys", but he's a nice price.

He was looking so money last year before the ankle thing.  Somehow still played that well on a bum leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Longest shot I ever cashed was 70-1 on a horse.  And it was also close in the stretch.

I believe my longest was 250-1 on Kodaira live betting the RBC Heritage last year.  

Was fortunate enough to hit Landry at 150-1 here last year at the Valero so I kind of like this tournament.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a ticket for Tuesday...looks like we’re bagging the trip due to weather.  :kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gump said:

I have a ticket for Tuesday...looks like we’re bagging the trip due to weather.  :kicksrock:

weather looks pretty rough the whole way thru tbh.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Rory and Dustin seem to be leading the odds.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/golf/story.cfm/story/1931723

Hard to argue against Rory using any topic besides pressure.

I think there is a confidence that players bring to the course when priced under 20-1 or if they did well last year, that the course tends to humble more often than not.

Anyone else surprised to find out that this isn't Corey Conners' first Masters?  And he shot a 69 highlighted by 6 birdies as an amateur?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not touching anything below 40-1 until I get a better idea on how exactly the weather is going to play out.  Seeing if we can get a flyer up the leaderboards early or if all else fails circle the wagons and just play matchups by the round.

 

Locked in:

Woodland 80-1

Stenson 86.04-1

Howell 125-1

Fitzpatrick 125-1

Wallace 150-1

Olesen 225-1

Walker 250-1

Barnrat 250-1 (Fanboy play, conditions do not favor his game)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've liked Stenson in this spot for about a month now, conditions should only help his case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main Masters lineup for DK full tourney GPP:

R. Fowler

P. Casey

F. Molinari

L. Oosthuizen

E. Pepperell

K. Kisner

I'll add a few more leading up to thur...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

I've liked Stenson in this spot for about a month now, conditions should only help his case.

Yup, I agree.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.