What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you buy your wife/girlfriend's tampons? (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 171 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 8.1%

• Total voters

ClownCausedChaos2

Footballguy
I just told my wife that I needed to run to Target to pick up a few things. I asked if she needed anything and she said she needed tampons. She was surprised when I told her to let me know the specifics....of the brand, you hogs.

She said that she thought guys wouldn't do that and I agreed that yes, that is the old running joke, but that I didn't see the big deal.

I'm just curious if other guys here feel the same way.

Have for 20+ years for my wife and have for my 15 year old daughter for a while. I can hardly wait for the 10 year to begin so I can just have the trifecta of fun. :loco:

Though it really is fun to mess with the 15 year old at the store (me in a very loud voice across the feminine products aisle) "Hey, these are for the heavy flow months!!! Are these your brand?? These have wings and NEW applicators" Daughter runs away in shame.....

Before kids I felt awkward. Now that I've spent four years cleaning up ####, throw up and mucus from every surface of my house, off my clothes and hands and face, buying tampons doesn't have the same awkwardness it used to.

My wife was sick, so I went shopping to pick up tampons for her. I had to take a picture of the box and text it to her to verify they we're the right ones.

Yes for both wife and 16yo daughter on occasion.

Last time was hilarious. Two college age girls in the Walgreens aisle with feminine products were trying to decide what to get. I walked up and grabbed what my daughter needed. The two college girls just looked at me aghast and mortified.

Last time was hilarious. Two college age girls in the Walgreens aisle with feminine products were trying to decide what to get. I walked up and grabbed what my daughter needed. The two college girls just looked at me aghast and mortified.
They're scarred by the constant presence of Em in the feminine hygiene aisle, as he attempts to pick up the ladies.

It was probably the gallon bucket of KY jelly you were holding.

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long
How long must I wait in line
How long, how long
Cause tonight, we can't be as one
Tonight

Dirty rags under toilets seats
Empty wrappers crunching under my bare feet
But I won't heed the battle call
It puts my back up
Puts my back up against the wall

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

And the battle's just begun
There's many lost, but tell me who has won
The trench is dug within our hearts
And mothers, children, brothers, sisters
Torn apart

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

How long
How long must I wait in line
How long, how long
Cause tonight, we can't be as one
Tonight, tonight

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Wipe the tears from your eyes
Wipe your tears away
Oh, wipe your tears away
Oh, wipe your tears away
(Sunday, Bloody Sunday)
Oh, wipe your blood shot eyes
(Sunday, Bloody Sunday)

Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Sunday, Bloody Sunday)
Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Sunday, Bloody Sunday)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had to buy some Monostat today. 2 females were in the aisle tampon shopping or something as I was trying to find it. At least I got to buy it at the self checkout.

Not only that, I insert them..... :vomit:

If anyone asks, and why would they, I let them know about how if you soak them in alcohol and put them in your bum you get a great buzz... shuts them right up... or starts a very interesting conversation.

Yes. Doesn't bother me.

But inevitably I'm going to mess up either the brand or the kind. And that's not my fault.

I've seen child birth, there's nothing that goes on down there I can't deal with.

I know the specs and timing for all my women.

I do it, but don't enjoy it.

It got to the point where it seemed she almost never bought them herself (even though we pretty much split shopping duties 50/50). I got annoyed one time when she had just gone to the store that same day and sent me back for just those. I don't remember what I said to her, but it must have made an impression and she has rarely asked me since.

I have once, but was in a foreign country and had to find a pharmacy and she was hurting so I went on an expedition for pads. At home she's well stocked with backups to the backups so she's never asked but I assume I would, probably just make a scene to make others uncomfortable with me.

Why not?..? Every guy in the store understands whats happening in your life the next few days/week, and all the women think your a hero :)

You mean buy them from her? Not in a very long time.
Hey, whatever you're into is cool with me. It's your world. The rest of us are just paying rent.

I'm pleased with the results of this poll. I assumed most men these days wouldn't think twice about it, but wasn't expecting such overwhelming results. It just goes to show that the majority of the FFA are forward-thinking gentlemen and not Neanderthals...no matter what our wives say.

You mean buy them from her? Not in a very long time.
Hey, whatever you're into is cool with me. It's your world. The rest of us are just paying rent.

I'm pleased with the results of this poll. I assumed most men these days wouldn't think twice about it, but wasn't expecting such overwhelming results. It just goes to show that the majority of the FFA are forward-thinking gentlemen and not Neanderthals...no matter what our wives say.
It never bothered me to pick some up for her over the years. It's just a product.

With a wife and 2 daughters I have made many a tampon purchase. If you can buy regular napkins why not feminine napkins?

Sure, but since there are about 1,000 different variations I inevitably get the wrongs ones, so I am not asked to do so very often.

I was taking a box off the shelf at BJs one time, and a little old lady passing by in the aisle said "awww, how sweet."

Users who are viewing this thread