What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Ball (MFL10s, DRAFT, etc.) (3 Viewers)

Yeah, I found this a little confusing as well. My balance did show up on my LeagueSafe page but it doesn't show up on the official MFL10 page for me either either. 

Since the funds are available on LeagueSafe I just set up a quick league that some of can join using out winnings from last year with the same scoring rules but slightly bigger rosters and 29 rounds of the draft. It's early, anyone that has started one of these things before the preseason knows that there will be several big injuries before the season actually starts. It's just a 10 team/$10 league to get things started. I am going to make it a double up league so that if you finish at the top half you double your money.... this is meant to be fun diversion from our main league not a big money maker. If anyone is interested in joining or if you have any info on the MFL10's updating their milk-toast versions from every other year please post it. 

Until then if you are interested in this league shoot me a PM and I'll send you a link to join using your LeagueSafe balance that should have been forwarded from last years MFL account..... http://www51.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/16587#0 .... but please read the rules/scoring because it's ALMOST the same as before. Slightly deeper starters and deeper bench because it's only a 10 team league. Double up to keep it just for fun. If you need a bigger ROI that's fine, this league wasn't meant for you. It's mostly to add to the best-ball discussion in this thread. We will start as soon as it's filled/paid.

NOTICE!: It's a hard 8 hour timer(the clock never stops), and a ONE strike and you are auto-draft. If you are one of these special snow flakes that needs 11 hours of sleep each night you may want to only join this thing if you are capable/willing to make a pre-draft list. IMO most people can check online to see if they are on the clock 3 times throughout the day via their mobile device. To some of us this will make drafting so much more enjoyable than the old MFL10's it's worth the pia to set up our own league. If you honestly can't draft in 8 hours on a regular basis.... you should probably just STAY AWAY. It has always felt like 20% of the league was on the clock 80% of the time.
Thanks for the heads up on the funds switching over to league safe.

I’m definitely interested. I’m was really good with not timing out but it will be my first MFL draft this year and my first slow draft. How many people do you have in so far?

Thanks for the heads up on the funds switching over to league safe.

I’m definitely interested. I’m was really good with not timing out but it will be my first MFL draft this year and my first slow draft. How many people do you have in so far?
We have three in the league so far after about a day and I just posted in the "Looking for Leagues" so hopefully we will get the last seven guys by the start of next week.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/765801-impatient-mfl10-best-ball-league/

I was really hoping some more of the guys that  post in this thread regularly would be interested in joining so it could start some conversations about best-ball... I'm talking to you brun! It's probably too small potatoes to BroadwayG as I think he dislikes the double up leagues but he's certainly invited to join. 

We have three in the league so far after about a day and I just posted in the "Looking for Leagues" so hopefully we will get the last seven guys by the start of next week.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/765801-impatient-mfl10-best-ball-league/

I was really hoping some more of the guys that  post in this thread regularly would be interested in joining so it could start some conversations about best-ball... I'm talking to you brun! It's probably too small potatoes to BroadwayG as I think he dislikes the double up leagues but he's certainly invited to join. 
In. And just paid. 

I was thinking of waiting to start best ball drafting until after the NFL draft and schedule release. So I wasn't paying much attention to my account at (wherever my best ball bankroll is now). Based on other posts here, I am just learning about the leaguesafe usage. I'll probably figure out how to access my bankroll this weekend and then join you.

FWIW - also not a fan of the double-ups, but probably should expand my horizons. 

I was thinking of waiting to start best ball drafting until after the NFL draft and schedule release. So I wasn't paying much attention to my account at (wherever my best ball bankroll is now). Based on other posts here, I am just learning about the leaguesafe usage. I'll probably figure out how to access my bankroll this weekend and then join you.

FWIW - also not a fan of the double-ups, but probably should expand my horizons. 
I like doing these drafts with FBGs because you can discuss things after. And best ball is perfect because it’s not a commitment that requires your attention after the draft. 

brun said:

Well, I certainly hope we START drafting this league well before the NFL draft but the NFL schedule should be released sometime close to April 17th-19th if history repeats itself. It's typically the middle (tue/wed/thu) of the third week in April. 

https://www.printyourbrackets.com/past-nfl-schedule-release-dates.html

Well, I certainly hope we START drafting this league well before the NFL draft but the NFL schedule should be released sometime close to April 17th-19th if history repeats itself. It's typically the middle (tue/wed/thu) of the third week in April. 

https://www.printyourbrackets.com/past-nfl-schedule-release-dates.html
Even if the league fills before, I’d be okay with waiting until the schedule is released. You could draft 4 QBs and still not cover a bye week. That’s unlikely but possible. 

Even if the league fills before, I’d be okay with waiting until the schedule is released. You could draft 4 QBs and still not cover a bye week. That’s unlikely but possible. 
2 years ago I thought I was covered pretty well by drafting 3 QBs in MFL10 drafts I did prior to the NFL schedule coming out. Of course, I ended up with a team with all 3 QBs on a week 5 bye. Oddly enough, that was one of the leagues I won.  :shrug:

2 years ago I thought I was covered pretty well by drafting 3 QBs in MFL10 drafts I did prior to the NFL schedule coming out. Of course, I ended up with a team with all 3 QBs on a week 5 bye. Oddly enough, that was one of the leagues I won.  :shrug:
Hahahaha. Never fails hey? Think you have it covered but nope. At least it ended well. 

I suppose that with drafting so many players (29 right?) that grabbing another QB isn’t a problem. I’m used to just taking to 2. Cam and Eli or Brees and Mariota seem to be my pairings in the smaller Draft leagues. 

Like I said, I think the schedule will drop soon so if you'd be in we could definitely wait for the NFL schedule to be released to start the draft. Seems like Borden is on board with that.

I'm in and paid. I think.

Please don't hold up the draft on my account. I just thought I'd start on MFL10s after the NFL draft this year, whereas I would normally start whenever they opened for the new season.

I'm in and paid. I think.

Please don't hold up the draft on my account. I just thought I'd start on MFL10s after the NFL draft this year, whereas I would normally start whenever they opened for the new season.
Yep, in and paid.

We are about half way full and the schedule announcement should happen in a few days so we can wait until after the announcement. I'm really hoping that we'll be full by then.

Everyone that has paid should have received their invitation to the league... if that's not the case please let me know. Having played in over 100 MFL leagues this is the first one that I am actually setting up so please be patient if there is the occasional newbie snafu on my part.

We have had some more interest in the league and I am hoping we will be filled and paid by the end of the week. If the league schedule hasn't been announced by next Monday where do we stand in terms of starting? Wait until next Wednesday to officially start the draft(it's a slow draft obviously)? I don't think the schedule is quite as important the first few rounds as it will be in the back half of the draft, although I can understand if people are worried about having two stud RB's they presumably drafted early with the same bye week for instance.

I just completed an MFL10 from the #4 slot.  I like my team. We'll see. My first of the year. 

QB Rodgers, Carr

RB Mixon, Cohen, Jamaal Williams, Ty Montgomery, Royce Freeman, Ekeler

WR Antonio Brown, Davante Adams, Demaryius Thomas, Golladay, DJ Moore, Brice Butler, Carlos Henderson

TE Burton, Kittle, Kroft

DEF Denver, Washington

barackdhouse said:
TE Burton, Kittle, Kroft

DEF Denver, Washington
I was just curious, what rounds were your TE's and D's drafted? There's a wide variety of opinions on Burton/Kittle and Kroft could be a steal if(when?) Eifert gets injured.

With Fan Ball, Draft, and Fan Trax doing best ball where did the mega player Aaron H go? I figure Evan Silva went to Draft since he's hocking it on his website.

I was just curious, what rounds were your TE's and D's drafted? There's a wide variety of opinions on Burton/Kittle and Kroft could be a steal if(when?) Eifert gets injured.
I took Burton/Kittle 8th and 9th. Kroft was 18th.

I took Denver 16th and Wash 20th. 

I have zero faith in Eifert's health.

I have zero faith in Eifert's health.
I wonder if one possible strategy will be handcuffing Eifert/Kroft. Eifert looks like is going in the ~13th and Kroft is going in the ~19th in most drafts. On one hand if Eifert is healthy and you end up wasting your 19th rounder.... well, you have a healthy Eifert. If Eifert isn't healthy you have to think Kroft will be more productive than just about any other TE drafted in the 19th round.

BTW, not cracking on you for taking Kroft in the 18th.... if I like a guy I have no problem reaching a round or more ahead of ADP. He is being drafted right between Hayden Hurst and Rico Gathers and Kroft probably has a higher probable upside than either of those guys by a long-shot imo given the health history of Eifert.  

Just as an update to the league that we are doing for the folks in this thread..... we seem to be one person short(9 signed up). If we can get that LAST person we should be able to start drafting Sunday. It's obviously a slightly different setup than your average MFL10 but it's certainly best ball and I would love to hear opinions on what shrewd moves(or probably more common terrible moves) people make based on the format.

Anyway, if you know of ONE person that might want to join us or if you just started reading this thread and wouldn't mind giving it a $10 shot to double your money please send me a personal message and we will start drafting Sunday morning. I would have thought I had ticked off enough people in this forum over the years that they would surely want to take my money!?

I wonder if one possible strategy will be handcuffing Eifert/Kroft. Eifert looks like is going in the ~13th and Kroft is going in the ~19th in most drafts. On one hand if Eifert is healthy and you end up wasting your 19th rounder.... well, you have a healthy Eifert. If Eifert isn't healthy you have to think Kroft will be more productive than just about any other TE drafted in the 19th round.

BTW, not cracking on you for taking Kroft in the 18th.... if I like a guy I have no problem reaching a round or more ahead of ADP. He is being drafted right between Hayden Hurst and Rico Gathers and Kroft probably has a higher probable upside than either of those guys by a long-shot imo given the health history of Eifert.  
Yeah I get the idea of taking Eifert/Kroft like you say. There were a few other TEs I thought about there at 18. I decided I wanted a 3rd TE and liked the upside of Kroft. He basically has no floor if Eifert is healthy so it's risky but it's what I did.

@BoltBacker thanks for the invite for the best ball draft. I need to pass for now but if you decide to do another one in the next few months let me know I'll probably be down later.

For those taking part in the league we'll discuss in this thread here are a few things....

- I was hoping to draft Sunday, but we didn't get our last team until Sunday so the start of the draft will be Monday, April 23rd @1pm(Eastern).

- The settings for MFL10 scoring have been kept, but I have put up a few league polls for possible tweaks. PLEASE VOTE BY NOON(Eastern) on Monday as the rules will get locked at that time just before the draft order is randomized and finalized. Unless a majority of participants want to change an MFL10 rule the old rule will remain in place.

It will be interesting to see how this draft will differ when compared to traditional MFL10 ADP. Your typical MFL10 goes 240 players deep. This league will go 290. Definitely some extra roster spots to spend on high-upside flyers OR to invest in handcuffs. How people handle the rookies will also be interesting. I remember getting Michael Thomas well after pick 200 in several leagues before the NFL draft(but post-combine where he ran well). I think a lot of analysts thought he was kind of boring to talk about. Then after he was selected by New Orleans he was going almost at an ADP of pick #100. 

I'm curious on folks drafting before the NFL draft, has there been a rookie that you think is getting drafted way too high given the fact we don't know what team he will be playing for?

For those taking part in the league we'll discuss in this thread here are a few things....

- I was hoping to draft Sunday, but we didn't get our last team until Sunday so the start of the draft will be Monday, April 23rd @1pm(Eastern).

- The settings for MFL10 scoring have been kept, but I have put up a few league polls for possible tweaks. PLEASE VOTE BY NOON(Eastern) on Monday as the rules will get locked at that time just before the draft order is randomized and finalized. Unless a majority of participants want to change an MFL10 rule the old rule will remain in place.

It will be interesting to see how this draft will differ when compared to traditional MFL10 ADP. Your typical MFL10 goes 240 players deep. This league will go 290. Definitely some extra roster spots to spend on high-upside flyers OR to invest in handcuffs. How people handle the rookies will also be interesting. I remember getting Michael Thomas well after pick 200 in several leagues before the NFL draft(but post-combine where he ran well). I think a lot of analysts thought he was kind of boring to talk about. Then after he was selected by New Orleans he was going almost at an ADP of pick #100. 

I'm curious on folks drafting before the NFL draft, has there been a rookie that you think is getting drafted way too high given the fact we don't know what team he will be playing for?
Barkley looks to be drafted too high for me.  I don't know that there's a landing spot that justifies a 1st round pick. Giants and Colts have garbage lines.  Browns always losing, plus Hyde & Duke.  Even if you like those landing spots, he's still at max value. Point being, i like drafting rookies who's situation/ADP could improve post NFL draft.  No matter where Barkley goes, i still see him as a late first rounder  anyways.  Now if Jones/Chubb/other RB go to the Colts/Giants in the 2nd, their ADP could jump.

Barkley looks to be drafted too high for me.  I don't know that there's a landing spot that justifies a 1st round pick. Giants and Colts have garbage lines.  Browns always losing, plus Hyde & Duke.  Even if you like those landing spots, he's still at max value. Point being, i like drafting rookies who's situation/ADP could improve post NFL draft.  No matter where Barkley goes, i still see him as a late first rounder  anyways.  Now if Jones/Chubb/other RB go to the Colts/Giants in the 2nd, their ADP could jump.
Yeah, I was very low on both McCaffrey and Cook last year mostly due to situation and it kind of came back to bite me(or certainly would have had Cook been healthy). I'm probably more like you where I factor situation very heavily. It may lead me to be more open-minded this year no matter what the situation is.

The thing that scares me about Barkley is there are a lot of people that are unimpressed with how he runs between the tackles and after contact. Like you said, if he lands in NY/IND the lines are pretty bad. If he lands on a team with a good receiving back already it worries me that Barkley may be put in a situation that doesn't play to his strengths. 

BoltBacker said:

- The settings for MFL10 scoring have been kept, but I have put up a few league polls for possible tweaks. PLEASE VOTE BY NOON(Eastern) on Monday as the rules will get locked at that time just before the draft order is randomized and finalized. Unless a majority of participants want to change an MFL10 rule the old rule will remain in place.I
Looks like I was the 9th person to vote. Also looks like I was on the unpopular side of 3 of 4 polls.  :pokey:

I've pre-drafted the 1st 28 rounds, so feel free to lock in the draft order and start the draft whenever you're ready.

I've pre-drafted the 1st 28 rounds, so feel free to lock in the draft order and start the draft whenever you're ready.
Hey brun, were you able to pre-draft rookies? I had to jump through multiple hoops to make sure you could draft rookies so please make sure that they are included on your pre-draft list(s).

They SHOULD be working now.

Thanks for pre-drafting btw. I think this league is going to go much, much faster than the average MFL even though we are selecting more players overall.

Ok, draft order is up. 

"Rock Star From Mars" is (almost) on the clock!

It will be interesting to see what round the different rules will start to pull certain players/positions away from MFL10 ADP.

I just took a look. Unless I'm seeing it incorrectly, it looks like the draft is neither snake, nor 3rd rr. Is this right?

I just took a look. Unless I'm seeing it incorrectly, it looks like the draft is neither snake, nor 3rd rr. Is this right?
It's being fixed.

I sure wish there was just a button to make the whole thing 3RR, but that would mean MFL being down for a month I'm sure. The first several rounds are correct already, it will all be correct within the hour.

Hey brun, were you able to pre-draft rookies? I had to jump through multiple hoops to make sure you could draft rookies so please make sure that they are included on your pre-draft list(s).

They SHOULD be working now.

Thanks for pre-drafting btw. I think this league is going to go much, much faster than the average MFL even though we are selecting more players overall.
Just joking about pre-drafting 28 rounds. I just did about 12 players over 2 rounds and didn't try for any rookies. Will be doing more later.

Edit - Went back and had no problem adding a rookie to my draft list and pre-draft queue.  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's being fixed.

I sure wish there was just a button to make the whole thing 3RR, but that would mean MFL being down for a month I'm sure. The first several rounds are correct already, it will all be correct within the hour.
Thanks for the effort. TBH, I think it's more work than it's worth, but some like it. 

I focus more on whether I draft in the middle or the ends of each round and use my PPMODA, Pied Piper Middle Out Drafting Algorithm.

BORDENNNNNNNNNNNNN
Sorry Mr. Spacely. :D  

But actually. Sorry everyone for holding up the draft. I didn’t think we were going to be to be starting so soon after the polls closed. I don’t know why I thought that. I’m on night shift but will predraft before going sleep on the rest of my picks. 

I went with Bell at 2 but don’t feel great about it. Zeke was option but their OL isn’t a superpower like it used to be and I’m worried about the direction of the offense in general. DJ was my other option but coming back from injury and new QB is concerning. Bell seemed the most stable from a team aspect but is the least stable from a contract/willingness to play perspective. Not complaining about taking him just discussing my thoughts on the pick. 

Borden already playing mind games.  That may work on the others, but i have a stronger constitution than that.  Sorry.

I went with Bell at 2 but don’t feel great about it. Zeke was option but their OL isn’t a superpower like it used to be and I’m worried about the direction of the offense in general. DJ was my other option but coming back from injury and new QB is concerning. Bell seemed the most stable from a team aspect but is the least stable from a contract/willingness to play perspective. Not complaining about taking him just discussing my thoughts on the pick. 
I used to fade Bell but he's an interesting player in that he actually seems to benefit from the extra time off every summer. PIT rides him so hard during the season I think that extra rest all summer is good for him. Most players if they take the entire offseason off I worry about conditioning/injuries/etc but with Bell the bigger worry is.... free time(cough, cough).

Maybe the biggest concern I have with Bell is the possibility that PIT drafts a guy(in a very deep RB draft) because of the contract situation.

I used to fade Bell but he's an interesting player in that he actually seems to benefit from the extra time off every summer. PIT rides him so hard during the season I think that extra rest all summer is good for him. Most players if they take the entire offseason off I worry about conditioning/injuries/etc but with Bell the bigger worry is.... free time(cough, cough).

Maybe the biggest concern I have with Bell is the possibility that PIT drafts a guy(in a very deep RB draft) because of the contract situation.
I don't think it would matter. Bell is to good for them to take him off the field. It was so hard to not take bell or brown for me. Had to keep  :homer:   :towelwave: at bay and take Gurley.

Can't forgive you, sorry @Borden  :towelwave:
We were on a break!

Borden already playing mind games.  That may work on the others, but i have a stronger constitution than that.  Sorry.
Word on the street is that GB acquired the rights to Calvin Johnson and they are waiting until after the draft to announce it. Some is going to be very happy they took Rodgers in the first round. 

Truth be told, was gonna take Barkley at 7, so he could prove he's a generational talent...

So, thrilled to get him in the 2nd, despite not knowing his destination. Bellcow no matter where. 

Truth be told, was gonna take Barkley at 7, so he could prove he's a generational talent...

So, thrilled to get him in the 2nd, despite not knowing his destination. Bellcow no matter where. 
Really looking forward to seeing what he does this year. Was deciding between him and McCoy. Even though his ADP would indicate that I could have possibly gotten him later, I took the proven veteran.

Really looking forward to seeing what he does this year. Was deciding between him and McCoy. Even though his ADP would indicate that I could have possibly gotten him later, I took the proven veteran.
Confident I have a pretty safe floor with Kamara and Barkley at RB. With monsterous upside.

What in your opinion would be his best(probable) landing spot? Where are you hoping that he'll go?

Users who are viewing this thread