What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 PDSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
league home is here http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/44201#0 password is fbgpdsl1

Someone will need to start a draft thread. Draft will be done here with MFL used for tracking purposes. You are welcome to pre-draft on MFL, just let someone here know that you have done so. Clock is on 8am to midnite all days but is off this weekend for the Easter holiday.

I will not have the time to keep a draft thread updated so I won't start one.

1.01 Gronk me gently, Gronk me slowly

fully expected Gronk and Bell gone by 3...

Was happy to see Charles taken at 2, tho I cant knock his pick.

Bell suspension wont help the cause.
true... but has it even happened yet? plus, a MAX of 4 games... I can live with it in a best ball format.

rumor swirling is 2 games, but hoping for nothing... that'd be ideal. either way, he was best pick for me there.

Excited once again fellas. Best of luck to all.

Please work to keep the commentary in this thread and the draft thread clean. Helps when picking from my phone. Thanks in advance.

Graham went a tad later than I expected... Despite landing in Seattle.
meh.....the expected regression will have him fall......and if you have a good read on the RB's.....he probably should fall....

I don't have a good read on the RB's with some of the changes.....so I took him at 1.04.....it felt early....

Bell suspension wont help the cause.
true... but has it even happened yet? plus, a MAX of 4 games... I can live with it in a best ball format.

rumor swirling is 2 games, but hoping for nothing... that'd be ideal. either way, he was best pick for me there.
2 games would be acceptable. 4 games is too many and IMO too great a risk right now. To me it was enough to justify passing on Bell.

Odell Beckham. Didn't think he would be on my roster this year.
The hype was too much. I am a huuuuuuuuuuuge fan of Odell, and in dynasty this is a different convo, but in redraft I have below a guy guys.

You got him where he should go, but considering the hype, you are lucky to get him that late

Odell Beckham. Didn't think he would be on my roster this year.
The hype was too much. I am a huuuuuuuuuuuge fan of Odell, and in dynasty this is a different convo, but in redraft I have below a guy guys.

You got him where he should go, but considering the hype, you are lucky to get him that late
I found this comment kind of interesting and have seen it a few times with regard to Beckham......I'm not real sure about the relationship between the two words "Beckham" and "hype"....

at what point does "hype" no longer apply to any player....?

Last edited by a moderator:
This season, it'd be hard for me to pull the trigger, without seeing how Winston will be at QB in the NFL... But I Haven't been shy in saying I have Mike Evans 1 spot head of Beckham in my dynasty rankings.

Tho for this year, gun to my head, Id probably take beckham first

Julio and CJ

In WSL I grabbed cj at 1.12 and Julio went 1.13

Glad to have them both here although I suppose I jumped the gun in wsl. To soulflys point I grabbed evans in the 2nd in wsl. Sniffing after the same players.

Julio and CJ

In WSL I grabbed cj at 1.12 and Julio went 1.13

Glad to have them both here although I suppose I jumped the gun in wsl. To soulflys point I grabbed evans in the 2nd in wsl. Sniffing after the same players.

The worst part of these drafts, isn't so much the wait itself...

It's the guys you reeeally wanted being plucked before you, and having that stew in your brain for hours on end before you pick.

Due to an infrastructure upgrade, all MyFantasyLeague.com league functionality will be unavailable during the following time:

• From Monday, April 6th at 9am ET until about 9am ET on Tuesday, April 7th
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your league-mates.

(stolen from Pasquino)

Had to take Olsen there.

Never thought in a million yrs id take him even remotely close to this spot... But in this format, 2ppr for TE, hes the last elite TE left, imo

Now comes the tough part of being on the end. The hopeless task of trying to plan what will go in the 30 picks until you pick again. Plenty of quality options available, decided to go for two RBs in Miller and Mason who really came on and secured their jobs last year.

Welp.... Not the biggest Benjamin fan....

But he was the best bet left, and I basically shored up all of CAR's aerial weapons now, with Olsen and Benjamin.

Here's to hoping.

Le'Veon

Olsen

Benjamin

Lesean McCoy

Aaron Rodgers

Brandon Marshall

I'll take that for a start. Now it gets a little tougher.

Had to take Olsen there.

Never thought in a million yrs id take him even remotely close to this spot... But in this format, 2ppr for TE, hes the last elite TE left, imo
He was the top of my list
Good to know. I felt uneasy about it (as I said never played in a 16 team league, and not in one w 2PPR for TE's)... So Im a little out of my comfort zone, which I like...

Over 2 rounds, everyone looks good, as expected.

Draft thoughts for my team - I'll try to post a couple rounds late as I don't want to influence what other drafters may be thinking or give away my future draft strategy.

1.07 Demaryius Thomas - WR2 - DEN

Not sure on the exact order of picks 1-6, but had any of them fallen I would have taken them here. I was not sold on Graham in SEA as I don't like to see a lot of change in my first pick. I only considered WR here, and I seriously looked at 3 others in addition to DT: 1. Dez Bryant - love the talent, but the questions at RB caused be to veer away. If Romo is forced to throw more, I see more picks and more tantrums. 2. Odell Beckham - Amazing talent, best 2nd half I can remember. If he had another season of performance under his belt, he would be a lock here. I was a bit scared of potential variance. 3. Calvin Johnson - I have a man crush on Calvin Johnson - I started college at Georgia Tech and have been a fan of him throughout his career. His last 2-3 seasons have not hit the hype and I just had to pass for a fellow Yellow Jacket. Pick - Demaryius Thomas - The loss of Julius Thomas was probably the difference maker as I see DT as the top red zone threat with Peyton Manning at QB. Sanders keeps the defense honest and a revived running game will keep the defense honest. Only negative was his contract situation - but I don't see that as affecting his game. Felt he was a rock solid foundation to start Team Nugget.

Thoughts on Brees at 3.11?

I had planned on going RB at that pick and may end up regretting it. Brees usually goes in the 2nd round in these. Not sure the loss of Graham drops him that much. Dude still put up close to 5000 yards last year and over 30 TDs. Was tempted to take Manning but don't see that much more upside over Brees for the downside risk.

By going Brees I don't have to worry about the QB run as much and can risk waiting on sleeper QBs.

I had planned on going RB at that pick and may end up regretting it. Brees usually goes in the 2nd round in these. Not sure the loss of Graham drops him that much. Dude still put up close to 5000 yards last year and over 30 TDs. Was tempted to take Manning but don't see that much more upside over Brees for the downside risk.

By going Brees I don't have to worry about the QB run as much and can risk waiting on sleeper QBs.
Gotta be honest, I have no idea how to feel. Brees lost a ton of weapons.

He's either going to be a value where you got him, or he's going to be a big regret... dont think there's much middle ground.

Graham is an enormous loss for him.. Im glad u took him, because I was thinking about him and it was stressing me out a bit... now I dont have to worry

eta: i dunno if that sounded harsh, it wasnt meant to be... I was seriously considering taking him, and Im glad I dont have to make that choice now

Exactly the pick I would have made in your shoes, for two reasons: first, I tend to be happiest with my teams when I grab a stud at either QB or TE and wait on the other position, and second, if you're gonna go as high-risk / high-reward as you did with your first two picks (OBJ and ADP) in survivor format, you almost have to get a high-floor guy next to balance it out somewhat.

Sure, there's risk with Brees losing #80, but "risk" in the Brees sense probably means something like a QB6 season.

^^ Well, he was #5-6 overall last season in this type of scoring format

Without Graham, Id expect a small dip...

Still, not a bad pick, by any means... For all we know he could even rise... But sans graham, my money would be on a slight dip. Nothing wild tho

FWIW:

Coach Sean Payton said the Saints are trying to "reduce the amount of points you may need to score to win a game."
The Saints are trying to shift their identity from a fastbreak, pass-happy, offensive juggernaut to more of a ball-control team. It's a massive schematic shift, but one that was probably necessary with Drew Brees showing signs of decline at age 36 and zero trips to the NFC title game since winning the Super Bowl in 2009. Expect the 2015 version of the Saints to lean heavily on power back Mark Ingram while placing an emphasis on major defensive improvement. Brees, who has lost Jimmy Graham and Kenny Stills this offseason, can't be counted on for the 650 attempts we're accustomed to. Mar 24 - 8:38 AM
Source: ESPN.com

Well, I had him above Peyton Manning on my pre-draft so I would have preferred him, but like both of them where we got them. Definitely agree that the QB run will not be as frantic knowing you have one on your roster already and it will come, probably sooner than the WSLs because most are recognizing there is a steep drop and many situations that are not good and best be avoided.

I hesitate to pre-draft since my two past efforts netted me my last pick each time.

FWIW:

Coach Sean Payton said the Saints are trying to "reduce the amount of points you may need to score to win a game."
The Saints are trying to shift their identity from a fastbreak, pass-happy, offensive juggernaut to more of a ball-control team. It's a massive schematic shift, but one that was probably necessary with Drew Brees showing signs of decline at age 36 and zero trips to the NFC title game since winning the Super Bowl in 2009. Expect the 2015 version of the Saints to lean heavily on power back Mark Ingram while placing an emphasis on major defensive improvement. Brees, who has lost Jimmy Graham and Kenny Stills this offseason, can't be counted on for the 650 attempts we're accustomed to. Mar 24 - 8:38 AM
Source: ESPN.com
Dang…should have gone Manning.

Exactly the pick I would have made in your shoes, for two reasons: first, I tend to be happiest with my teams when I grab a stud at either QB or TE and wait on the other position, and second, if you're gonna go as high-risk / high-reward as you did with your first two picks (OBJ and ADP) in survivor format, you almost have to get a high-floor guy next to balance it out somewhat.

Sure, there's risk with Brees losing #80, but "risk" in the Brees sense probably means something like a QB6 season.
Continuing the haymaker approach

QB - Brees

RB - AP, Gurley

WR - OBJ

4.09 Melvin Gordon RB ROOKIE

2.09 Mike Evans WR TB

3.08 Brandon Cooks WR NO

1.08 Jimmy Graham TE SEA

How do you guys rank these RBs in this format

Hyde / Forsett / Gurley / Bernard / Ellington / Gordon / Bell

Here's how I had them

Forsett - Complete back. Low milage, likely to come close to last year's numbers

Bell - Bought into the FBG Bell/Bush hype last year and played dearly. Don't understand why his numbers aren't better. Will get points consistently. Catches the NFC west. (note - although I had him higher than Gurley, I swung for the fences).

Gurley - Maybe the highest ceiling but may be limited early. With more teams around may be able to survive early until he comes on.

Bernard - Also catches the NFC west. I think he will be highly variable week to week which scares me in survivor.

Hyde/Ellington - Unless you're a beast, I'm not taking a guy who will be likely playing two NFC west opponents during our 2 week final. Like Ellington better in this ppr format but that's offset by the chance of Arizona bringing in another back.

Gordon - Maybe short sighted on my part but I'm thinking Ball or Dayne part three.

BassNBrew said:
How do you guys rank these RBs in this format

Hyde / Forsett / Gurley / Bernard / Ellington / Gordon / Bell

Here's how I had them

Forsett - Complete back. Low milage, likely to come close to last year's numbers

Bell - Bought into the FBG Bell/Bush hype last year and played dearly. Don't understand why his numbers aren't better. Will get points consistently. Catches the NFC west. (note - although I had him higher than Gurley, I swung for the fences).

Gurley - Maybe the highest ceiling but may be limited early. With more teams around may be able to survive early until he comes on.

Bernard - Also catches the NFC west. I think he will be highly variable week to week which scares me in survivor.

Hyde/Ellington - Unless you're a beast, I'm not taking a guy who will be likely playing two NFC west opponents during our 2 week final. Like Ellington better in this ppr format but that's offset by the chance of Arizona bringing in another back.

Gordon - Maybe short sighted on my part but I'm thinking Ball or Dayne part three.
Gore

Users who are viewing this thread