What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**2015 MLB Season Thread: This is how the chapter ends (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
April 5 -- Opening Night: Cardinals-Cubs

April 6 -- Opening Day

April 15 -- Jackie Robinson Day

June 8-10 -- MLB First-Year Player Draft

July 2 -- International free agent signing begins

July 14 -- All-Star Game, Cincinnati

July 17 -- Deadline for amateur draft picks to sign

July 31 -- Last day to trade a player without securing waivers

Sept. 1 -- Active rosters expand to 40 players

Last edited by a moderator:
April 5 -- Opening Night: Cardinals-Cubs

April 6 -- Opening Day

April 15 -- Jackie Robinson Day

June 8-10 -- MLB First-Year Player Draft

July 2 -- International free agent signing begins

July 14 -- All-Star Game, Cincinnati

July 17 -- Deadline for amateur draft picks to sign

July 31 -- Last day to trade a player without securing waivers

Sept. 1 -- Active rosters expand to 40 players
May 12th -- Phils mathematically eliminated

Braves are the new Marlins
Easy now. This was a great move by the Braves.
Not really.

Mark Bowman @mlbbowman Follow

The #Braves do not have any desire to trade Kimbrel. They remain optimistic about the upcoming season.

9:11 AM - 15 Jan 2015
Not sure what that completely predictable and useless tweet has to do with analyzing the trade.

BTW, I assume some Padre fan photoshoppers already have this taken care of.

Not really.

The #Braves do not have any desire to trade Kimbrel. They remain optimistic about the upcoming season.

Not sure what that completely predictable and useless tweet has to do with analyzing the trade.

Getting Wisler and a pile of crap back for the best closer in baseball seems like a trade that makes little sense. At least they could have got Rymer Liriano back.

It's freaking gorgeous today in Chicago....there are going to be thousands of wasted Cubs fans tonight. <more than usual>

Not really.

Getting Wisler and a pile of crap back for the best closer in baseball seems like a trade that makes little sense. At least they could have got Rymer Liriano back.
Just pointing out that a Braves mouthpiece saying the Braves are optimistic in January doesn't mean much for this trade.

I don't know enough about the Padres prospects to have an opinion there (though Fangraphs has Wisler as SD's 2nd best prospect), but I like the idea behind the trade. Braves aren't a rich team. BJ's contract was a big problem. They weren't going anywhere this year, and the downgrade from Kimbrel to Grilli doesn't alter their season projection enough to matter.

Dumping Upton and getting any decent prospect is probably worth dealing Kimbrel for. If they get anything out of Quentin or Maybin, even better.

I understand dumping Upton contract but isn't Quentin contract a boat anchor too? Especially since they are DFAing him with no DH?

Anybody play fanduel? Any advice? Basically just play pitching matchups and try and look at lefty/righty splits? I just put a team in for Opening Day and jeez it was hard to fill a team. Basically I picked all value plays with only two stud hitters and I could barely fit it under the cap. i chose Henderson Alvarez vs ATL and loaded up on Brewers vs Kendrick.

Melvin? Nah just call me B.J. :confused:
Father's name is Melvin but nicknamed bossman. Bj = bossman junior
Of course it does! :lol: Was wondering who this Melvin Upton guy was that the Braves traded, did he decide to go with Melvin now or is this just media being media? Took me scrolling through a hundred tweets before someone actually mentioned it was BJ, but used it as BJ/Melvin... so strange.

GL with that. I don't care if the Yanks were miraculously in the WS and it was on ESPN. I'll listen to it on the radio.

If this thing stays, I won't watch more than an inning or two of any game on ESPN. My regional sports network better not get any ideas from this disaster.

K Zone isn't that terrible if they would stop talking about it after every pitch. I don't need to know the pitch f/x result of all 260 pitches, thx.

Users who are viewing this thread