What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
I did not see a thread for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which is unfortunate, because this show is hilarious.

If you haven't had a chance to catch it yet, it is on Netflix (all 13 episodes).

Excellent cast, writing and guest stars.

I have seen the first episode, anxious to check out the rest. I just need to make time....

It was discussed for a few pages in the Netflix thread.

I liked the first few episodes a lot, but it just fell off a cliff for me afterwards. Some very solid one-liners from time to time but the overall plot and some of the other characters are both horrendous. I think we're through episode 9 now (I completely slept through episode 8). Another great use of the Netflix model because if this was on week to week, we would have abandoned quickly. But as it stands, it's easy to just keep on watching on a quiet Sunday.

It was discussed for a few pages in the Netflix thread.

I liked the first few episodes a lot, but it just fell off a cliff for me afterwards. Some very solid one-liners from time to time but the overall plot and some of the other characters are both horrendous. I think we're through episode 9 now (I completely slept through episode 8). Another great use of the Netflix model because if this was on week to week, we would have abandoned quickly. But as it stands, it's easy to just keep on watching on a quiet Sunday.
Huh. I watched the whole first season and I actually thought the cliff was right around episode nine.

I liked the first episode but it wasn't enough to prevent me from cancelling my streaming for now. Too many shows on now and coming back soon. I'll probably check out more episodes when I sign back up for streaming.

I loved the series. I agree the last few episodes weren't the best part of the series, but I will still look forward to season two.

Haven't gotten through all 13 episdoes, but this show is quite funny. It is definifely made for Netflix (or similar streaming service). A lot of the jokes wouldn't fly on network TV, and the situation is a little far fetched to be appreciated by the masses. But, agree with the posters that say this is perfect to binge watch on a lazy weekend.

Not sure but at the end of the final when they played the full theme song I thought I heard them us the n word

JaxBill said:
Not a great idea to base the character on a real person. At least change the hair so it's not so obvious.
I didn't think the Martin Short scenes were funny at all. Just really annoying. Same with Marcia Clark and Chris Darden.
Agreed. I loved the Native American stuff though, and that generally got trashed by critics.

JaxBill said:
Not a great idea to base the character on a real person. At least change the hair so it's not so obvious.
I didn't think the Martin Short scenes were funny at all. Just really annoying. Same with Marcia Clark and Chris Darden.
Agreed. I loved the Native American stuff though, and that generally got trashed by critics.
The PC crowd was very upset by this show.

Way to miss the point of jokes, asswipes.

JaxBill said:
Agree on all three.

How on earth anyone keeps giving Short a job to do these stupid characters is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have seen the first 3 episodes...it's OK

Kinda has a "LOOK HOW QUIRKY WE CAN BE!!" feel to it like a bad 30 Rock episode

Wanted to really like it...but didn't.

There's even a special cameo in the last two episodes and I thought "great, this is what's gonna get us to watch the second season if/when it happens" and even that wasn't enough to bring us back.

Mrs and I are big Tina Fey fans but this was just blah tv and there's too much other good stuff out there, so the bar is set way above this show to make the cut (says the guy who watched an entire season of this show....I tried to see if it would turn around. Nope)

Like others, I wanted to like it more than I did.

I love Ellie Kemper to death, but outside of her, there just wasn't enough there. There were funny moments and a lot of the writing was great, but the characters largely sucked, outside of Kimmy.

Titus was awesome at first, but he got old pretty quick. I really can't believe they rolled out the Jenna Maroney schtick. That got old after about a season on 30 Rock (still can't believe so many loved it for so long there).

The Reverend had his moments, but even that fell mostly flat, given the potential there.

I'd love to see a second season where they basically wipe out the whole supporting cast and start over there.

Like others, I wanted to like it more than I did.

I love Ellie Kemper to death, but outside of her, there just wasn't enough there. There were funny moments and a lot of the writing was great, but the characters largely sucked, outside of Kimmy.

Titus was awesome at first, but he got old pretty quick. I really can't believe they rolled out the Jenna Maroney schtick. That got old after about a season on 30 Rock (still can't believe so many loved it for so long there).

The Reverend had his moments, but even that fell mostly flat, given the potential there.

I'd love to see a second season where they basically wipe out the whole supporting cast and start over there.
:shrug: just finished the last episode and I thought it was great.

Some really good acting on this show -- a big fan of what Kimmy and Titus bring to the table, and I thought Jane K was great in S2.  Anna Camp was also fantastic.

Yeah it was uneven but there were enough big laughs to make Season 2 worthwhile.  Also a few moments of real character development.  If there's a third season I'll watch.

Titus has impeccable timing and he conveys such excellent emotion with his facial expressions.  Yes, he is playing a common stereotype but he plays it so deliciously well.  And the writers give them really fast lines to work with.  They don't seem to milk their jokes, instead they quickly move on the next one so there are frequent fresh laughs.  This line buried in a back and forth hit my funny bone yesterday.

Kimmy: 'Titus, don't you think you'd feel better if you actually did something today?'

Titus: 'Does holding in a fart count?'

The competitive rich wife that goes toe to toe with Jane K's character in S2 is gorgeous.  That is all.

Binged the entire season 3 flying back from LA Saturday.  Love the Netflix download feature

i think this may be my favorite season. Very funny.  Highly recommend 

Binged the entire season 3 flying back from LA Saturday.  Love the Netflix download feature

i think this may be my favorite season. Very funny.  Highly recommend 
Wife and I just finished season 3. It's better than two, not quite as good as one. It's easily one of my favorite shows on right now though and prob my top comedy currently - not every joke hits, but there's enough in every episode to crack me up. Titus is a star. 

Users who are viewing this thread