Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doctor Detroit

Official Baseball INJURY thread: Half your team currently on the 10 day DL

203 posts in this topic

Braun leaves the game with "dizziness."

If he has strange food cravings I'm guessing he's preggo.

Fluid buildup in an ear caused an ache/dizziness. Believes he'll be ok to start tonight.

This guy has the strangest "injuries".

According to two sources, hard-throwing reliever Carter Capps — a contender for the closer’s role — underwent a MRI after complaining of soreness in his right elbow.

Capps, who didn’t pitch the final two months of last season after going on the disabled list with a right elbow sprain, is expected to seek a second opinion. Capps also went on the DL in 2014 for the same issue.

Capps was in competition with A.J. Ramos for the closer’s role, a spot the Marlins figured would help lighten his workload and strain on his right arm.

One source said the Marlins are looking around the league for potential relief help through a trade.

amazing that throwing a ball 95 mph while suspended in mid air would cause arm issues

1 person likes this

Maybin got hit in the hand/knob of the bat.  Stayed in the game though.

Jarrod Dyson has been diagnosed with a Grade II oblique strain and will be out six week, Rustin Dodd of The Kansas City Star reports.

Maybin out 4-6 weeks. It's a wrist witch usually seem to take quite a while for hitters, could be longer

Aaron Loup - flexor strain.  Probably will miss start of the season.

Jhonny looking at 2-3 months with torn ligament in thumb

I like how I never really need to tweak the thread title.  :thumbup: 

On 3/1/2016 at 2:41 PM, Eephus said:

Looks like the big TJ for Capps :(

34 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Poor Jarred Parker

Again? 

On 3/11/2016 at 9:13 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

Again? 

Afraid so. He hasn't appeared in a game since the 2013 playoffs. It might be time.

from rotoworld

Victor Martinez suffered an apparent left knee injury in Monday's game against the Mets.

V-Mart grabbed at the knee after rounding first base on a single and was immediately lifted for a pinch-runner. Not good. The veteran designated hitter has a long history of serious left knee troubles. Look for a status update from the Tigers within the next couple hours.

6 hours ago, Limp Ditka said:

from rotoworld

Victor Martinez suffered an apparent left knee injury in Monday's game against the Mets.

V-Mart grabbed at the knee after rounding first base on a single and was immediately lifted for a pinch-runner. Not good. The veteran designated hitter has a long history of serious left knee troubles. Look for a status update from the Tigers within the next couple hours.

Here we go again

Only a deep league watch list guy, but Rymer Liriano took a pitch to the face. One less guy competing for a starting OF job. His manager called it serious. I won't be watching the video.

3 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Only a deep league watch list guy, but Rymer Liriano took a pitch to the face. One less guy competing for a starting OF job. His manager called it serious. I won't be watching the video.

He'd been having a rough spring with 13 SO in 28 AB

Sonny Gray with a "dead arm" already.   That should really help boost his dreadful K numbers!

Also Gausman's shoulder hurts, oof.  Pretty much every Baltimore pitcher is :tfp:

11 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Sonny Gray with a "dead arm" already.   That should really help boost his dreadful K numbers!

Also Gausman's shoulder hurts, oof.  Pretty much every Baltimore pitcher is :tfp:

Quite common in spring training. Not concerned at all. Sonny is an Ace ready to have his best season yet IMO.

Carson Smith left yesterday's game with forearm tightness

41 minutes ago, Todem said:

Quite common in spring training. Not concerned at all. Sonny is an Ace ready to have his best season yet IMO.

Sonny an ace?  Last two season net K/9's in the mid 7's (sub 10 swgstrk, sub 30 o-swing), BB's between mid 2 and 3, and FIP in the mid-3's.  I guess he could be the next Johnny Cueto that beats his FIP #'s every year, but I think his profile better resembles Garret Richards, Yordano Ventura, Collin McHugh, and Michael Wacha than an ace.  Those guys have actually all had more swings-and-misses than Gray over the last two years.

13 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Sonny an ace?  Last two season net K/9's in the mid 7's (sub 10 swgstrk, sub 30 o-swing), BB's between mid 2 and 3, and FIP in the mid-3's.  I guess he could be the next Johnny Cueto that beats his FIP #'s every year, but I think his profile better resembles Garret Richards, Yordano Ventura, Collin McHugh, and Michael Wacha than an ace.  Those guys have actually all had more swings-and-misses than Gray over the last two years.

He's Oakland's ace :shrug:

2 hours ago, Eephus said:

He's Oakland's ace :shrug:

Exactly my line of thinking. But he is also still quite young and can improve. I don't think we have seen his very best just yet.

Andre Either out 10-14 weeks with a fractured tibia. Jon Gray also left today's game in the first inning with an undisclosed injury that appeared to be on his pitching hand.

Eithier isn't great and the Dodgers have lots of OF but the injuries are piling up early for the Dodgers.  I guess this make Carl Crawford semi-relevant as a cheap speed source, removes some of Joc Pederson's margin for error and opens the door for Trayce Thompson and/or Kike Hernandez.

Tulo plunked on the wrist and out of game 

keep that title.  hamilton out for the year, undergoing surgery.

1 person likes this

On 3/7/2016 at 8:09 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

I like how I never really need to tweak the thread title.  :thumbup: 

:goodposting:

Hamilton owed 30M next year by the Angels. That may be the most unbelievable thing ever. 

42 minutes ago, Capella said:

Hamilton owed 30M next year by the Angels. That may be the most unbelievable thing ever. 

Anaheim owes to Pujols: 

2016: 25 million 

2017: 26

2018: 27

2019: 28

2020: 29

2021: 30

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Eephus said:

Pickles was pretty much spot on.

I was so in love. :bag:

I think there must have been a different thread in the 2011-12 offseason in which I slowly came to acceptance, because I know I didn't go quiet on that subject following 2011 spring training.

Edited by RnR

JDM with a non displaced fracture of the right elbow after running into the wall in KC

10 hours ago, Limp Ditka said:

JDM with a non displaced fracture of the right elbow after running into the wall in KC

####!

Out 4-6 weeks.

5 hours ago, Swing 51 said:

####!

Out 4-6 weeks.

Wow I was thinking it would be a lot worse.  I'm actually somewhat relieved.

I'm gonna list my league injuries:

League 1: Kluber, Rich Hill, Hamels, Tulo, Schoop

League 2: Manea, Matz, Kelley

League 3: Cespedes, Gary Sanchez (back now), Dozier, Matz, Tallion, Jackie Bradley (something isn't right), Semien, Bedrosian, and three minor leaguers :kicksrock:

League 4: Kluber, Paxton, Kelley, Britton, and now Trout and Fowler are dead

League 3 is a disaster, my hitting is bad already and I've been missing a lot of key bats.  League 4 I am in 3rd place currently but it's a H2H league with very few SPs on the wire so that might not last.  This is crazy. 

Edited by Doctor Detroit

Yea I've had Desmond, Marte, Piscotty, Sanchez, Hill, Taillon, Bedrosian, Miggy go down so far across two leagues. Still crushing both leagues all things considered.  Just gotta refuse to lose.

Freddie Freeman gets plunked around wrist / palm area of left hand, leaves game

Topic of discussion in one of my leagues: It seems teams are using the 10-day DL a lot more frequently than previously when it was 15 days. If your league has specific DL spots (we have two/team for a 16-teamer with 25-man rosters), should you consider adding another DL spot or just chock it up to a need to get more creative?

My Yahoo! team (different league than above) already has four regulars on the DL on a 21-man roster with only two DL spots, so I currently have two guys just burning spots on the bench. And that doesn't even include Freeman, assuming he ends up on the DL too.

I don't know the right answer. Was wondering what others think.