What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloodline (1 Viewer)

Jefferson the Caregiver

Rebel Without A Pause
Haven't seen the official thread for this Netflix series yet. Of course there could be one but since the search function is so messed up, good luck finding it.

Anyway before I get too astray, this show is slow in pace but the pace is also perfect for the story. I've watched 6 episodes in two days so figure I'll be done by end of week at latest.

Without giving too much away I'll just say it's another solid show for Netflix.

Anyone else like this one?

I like it. It definitely gets better towards the end. Seems that many here didn't like it (from the netflix thread).

Just finished this and liked it a lot. I do have one question for anyone else who finished, and I'm sure it was covered and I just missed it since we ended up watching episodes late at night some times when I was in my cups, but

What boat do they torch with Danny's body on it

honda alert brohan normally people just talk about this in the minor league hockey thread take that to the bank

Loved it.

Had a discussion w the wife about how perfect Danny was. She HATED him (which is the point), but I literally couldnt imagine anyone playing that role any better

Can someone please answer my spoiler? I'm sure it's obvious and just something I missed but it's driving me crazy.

Loved it.

Had a discussion w the wife about how perfect Danny was. She HATED him (which is the point), but I literally couldnt imagine anyone playing that role any better
Danny's character was amazing.

I couldn't stand anytime he was on screen and he gave me that skeezy feel anytime i just looked at him.

Played his part amazingly.

I also have a theory, and have no idea how to use a spoiler tag, so pls feel free to highlight the text below to be able to read it (white font)

Danny is not an "original Rayburn"... Mother is, obviously, but she had an affair with (possibly the PI?) and the father found out... This is why he was always the outcast of the family and why the father always hated/beat him. That secret comes out this season, I think. It also turns the family somewhat against the mother, who is seen as the "glue" of the Rayburns throughout the first season. (it was such a well kept secret, that not even Danny knew about it)

Anyone else see this as the season 2 storyline?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a theory, and have no idea how to use a spoiler tag, so pls feel free to highlight the text below to be able to read it (white font)

Danny is not an "original Rayburn"... Mother is, obviously, but she had an affair with (possibly the PI?) and the father found out... This is why he was always the outcast of the family and why the father always hated/beat him. That secret comes out this season, I think. It also turns the family somewhat against the mother, who is seen as the "glue" of the Rayburns throughout the first season. (it was such a well kept secret, that not even Danny knew about it)

Didn't think of that.

I can see that.

The show will have to do something to spice things up I would think and can see it going that route

Interesting theory. I could see it as a possibility. Also, is it necessary to have to use spoiler tags for this thread? There are definitely plenty topics of discussion from season 1.

Interesting theory. I could see it as a possibility. Also, is it necessary to have to use spoiler tags for this thread? There are definitely plenty topics of discussion from season 1.
This is the first time Ive ever done so, and only because I dont want to hear someone cry about it. :lol:

Hmmm, another thought - could it be that the kid is not Danny's son, just someone Danny paid to watch the apartment, and now is trying to finagle his way in to the family business?

Hmmm, another thought - could it be that the kid is not Danny's son, just someone Danny paid to watch the apartment, and now is trying to finagle his way in to the family business?
yup.

that's a strong theory.

or perhaps even a kid paid off/trained by the "mob" that danny owed money to to play the role.

So whats up with the sending money to his own apartment?
I legit think it was his way of paying off his own debts he had to the mob.

They'd break into his place, and the money would be there, that he owed. THis way, he doesnt have to confront them face to face, but still pays them off.

It's one of those... "this guy is so evil", but behind the scenes, he actually wanted/tried to get his #### straight, but couldnt always pull it off.

I was assuming it was whoever he owed money to for the restaurant - one of the early shipments included a note to the effect of "more is coming". So I figured he was expecting who ever he owed the money to would break into his apartment - not sure how the envelopes got in his apartment...

Who was watching Danny's apartment, in the Rayburn House shirt?
i thought it was his son brohan
hmmm...could see that (and/or the PI), I was also thinking maybe Carlos, and he blackmails the family in season 2.
it was a reayburn shirt and it looked ratty and that pi guy seems like he is always buttoned down at first i actually thought maybe it was johns son because remember he sent them up to stay in miami for a while bromigos

SWC said:
also that kid looked like danny am i right brohans
You speaketh the truth brohanigan. Thought "young Danny" from the flashbacks was also a good casting choice.

Speaking of Danny, he was such a compelling character. It took some stones to move forward w/o him.

hope we still get to see Sevigny's jugs next season brohans
:thumbup:

Early on in the season I was thinking to myself, "what the hell Danny, hit that already!"

On another tangent, I also found myself thinking her brother Eric needed to shave his neck.

Early on in the season I was thinking to myself, "what the hell Danny, hit that already!"

On another tangent, I also found myself thinking her brother Eric needed to shave his neck.
ya, a skinny dude should not be rocking that neck beard. it was gross and super thick.

the one thing that annoyed me about the show was the reliance on alcohol. dont get me wrong... i loooove drinking. maybe too much. but FFS, can we have a scene where you're not drinking something.

they just dont look like drinkers (danny and the other blonde brother aside) so it just look silly when the mom and sister are pounding whiskey at every whim.

ya, a skinny dude should not be rocking that neck beard. it was gross and super thick.

the one thing that annoyed me about the show was the reliance on alcohol. dont get me wrong... i loooove drinking. maybe too much. but FFS, can we have a scene where you're not drinking something.

they just dont look like drinkers (danny and the other blonde brother aside) so it just look silly when the mom and sister are pounding whiskey at every whim.
I had that thought when meg was in NYC and the other lawyer busted out a bottle of tequila

My guess is it was the director's way of capturing what it is like actually living in the keys 24x7. Hot and humid, and in some ways very primitive.

I'm going to have to go back and look (I probably wont), but they seemed to focus shots on Tequila / the Tequila bottle for some reason, in many scenes.

I dont know if it's a metaphor, or if it's going to play a role later, but there's something more than just "drinking tequila" going on, imo

Ever been to the Keys? Drinking is part of the culture, under the mantra that its 5:00 somewhere...

Well after starting this thread, the show dragged a bit.

It was entertaining but a little too melodramatic. The characters kept doing things that seemed out of character. So, the writing was a little weak in that regard.

It also kept rehashing the same stuff over and over. Had it been about 6 episodes lighter, they could have told the story a lot better.

Not sure how they can do a second season and make it interesting.

Who was watching Danny's apartment, in the Rayburn House shirt?
i thought it was his son brohan
hmmm...could see that (and/or the PI), I was also thinking maybe Carlos, and he blackmails the family in season 2.
it was a reayburn shirt and it looked ratty and that pi guy seems like he is always buttoned down at first i actually thought maybe it was johns son because remember he sent them up to stay in miami for a while bromigos
It was Danny's son from the end. He had the same necklace on. Danny was sending him all the money to the apartment.

Great show, liked it a lot. Could have just wrapped up a couple things differently and been a great one season and done though. Not sure how good it could be without Danny causing all the trouble.

Meg is hot as ####

Emerson Biggens said:
Meg is hot as ####
Meg's legs were the best thing about this show.

I thought the first 7 episodes or so were pretty awful. The writing was so poor it reminded me of a soap opera or Sons of Anarchy. I did plow through and the last several episodes got better. Until then ending where Danny's "son" shows up out of no where. It was unbelievable twists like that which make the show almost unwatchable. The ending was fine without the patented soap opera twist of an unknown / illegitimate kid appearing out of the blue.

If you must watch Bloodline, I recommend just skipping to episode 7 or 8 and watch until the last five minutes of the show and turn off the show and never go back. :thumbup:

I enjoyed it. Hated Danny, then felt sympathy for Danny, then hated him again. Great character.

The mom seemed pointless. I wish they would have killed her and left the dad, though the entire story would change.

One of the envelopes of cash had a piece of paper that said "John Rayburn" on it. I didn't understand what that meant. Anyone?

My wife and I recently watched the first season in a little over a week, we both really liked the show. The guy who played Danny is an excellent actor. I read an article with a Q&A with the creators of the show and they indicated that they see it as a 6 season series. I liked what I read about season 2.

I was assuming it was whoever he owed money to for the restaurant - one of the early shipments included a note to the effect of "more is coming". So I figured he was expecting who ever he owed the money to would break into his apartment - not sure how the envelopes got in his apartment...
the landlord said Danny was awol and was receiving so much mail he started moving them inside the apartment

just binge watched the show after a co-worker recommended it. definitely enjoyed it,, honestly I don't know how they could make this a 6 season show

the landlord said Danny was awol and was receiving so much mail he started moving them inside the apartment

just binge watched the show after a co-worker recommended it. definitely enjoyed it,, honestly I don't know how they could make this a 6 season show
They could have stopped with the 1 season we got and I'd be happy.

ABC made 6 seasons out of a plane crashing on a deserted island, it can easily be done.

ABC made 6 seasons out of a plane crashing on a deserted island, it can easily be done.
this show needs a smoke monster

Loved it.

He was amazingly good on the show. Early episodes he seems likable enough, but you can tell there's something more to him - and then he's just pure evil towards the end. The actor is actually Australian (looked him up on IMB).

Users who are viewing this thread