Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

58 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Except none of those things were true and the cops didn't do the slightest bit of research or investigation to confirm any allegations.

If your family is ever held hostage by a crazed gunman make sure you tell the police they can take their sweet time responding to the call.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

Multiple deputies shot in Colorado this morning.  So many people celebrating it.  

Thanks BLM.  

According to this thread, it would have been better if the police didn't respond at all.  The lives of multiple civilians aren't as important as one accidently shot by the police.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:
1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

Except none of those things were true and the cops didn't do the slightest bit of research or investigation to confirm any allegations.

If your family is ever held hostage by a crazed gunman make sure you tell the police they can take their sweet time responding to the call.

I want them to come as quickly as possible. But I also want them to do some basic police work while they're at it.

It's amazing that the law & order & liberty types are so quick to defend poor training, sloppy police work, and jackbooted police state actions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tjnc09 said:
14 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

Multiple deputies shot in Colorado this morning.  So many people celebrating it.  

Thanks BLM.  

According to this thread, it would have been better if the police didn't respond at all.  The lives of multiple civilians aren't as important as one accidently shot by the police.

Ohhhhhh, sorry, didn't realize you were :fishing:

Carry on.

4 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

I want them to come as quickly as possible. But I also want them to do some basic police work while they're at it.

It's amazing that the law & order & liberty types are so quick to defend poor training, sloppy police work, and jackbooted police state actions.

It's more amazing that all of the people in this thread constantly complaining and crying don't apply to be a police officer.  What's your excuse?  

2 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:
10 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

It's more amazing that all of the people in this thread constantly complaining and crying don't apply to be a police officer.  What's your excuse?

Ease up on the syrup, buddy. We already jumped into the boat. You're laying it on a bit thick now.

1 minute ago, tjnc09 said:

I'm going to have to disagree here. I think Scooter is taking quite a bit of undeserved heat. And, to be totally honest, I'm a bit shocked that every one is fine with police blowing away an unarmed man that came to the door without actually witnessing any sort of weapon. Shooting him because his hand was supposedly moving towards his waistband while they are all hunkered down behind vehicles seems like a fairly large over-reaction by the police force.

1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

Ease up on the syrup, buddy. We already jumped into the boat. You're laying it on a bit thick now.

It seems like a really simple choice to me.  People can either share their fake outrage on the internet or actually go make a difference in the real world.  

6 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:
10 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

It seems like a really simple choice to me.  People can either share their fake outrage on the internet or actually go make a difference in the real world.  

Of course it seems like a simple choice to you.

It's like George Carlin said: symbols are for the symbol-minded.

• Like 1

Is it too much to ask not to be shot when opening the door for the police, especially if I answer it unarmed and haven't done anything?  They should throw that idiot under the jail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tjnc09 said:

Yep, CNN  is already questioning why the Colorado police  took so long to engage this suspect. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Underachievers said:

Thanks BLM.  

There are many people celebrating?

21 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

You have been waiting a while to use that link right....glad you finally got it into a post :rolleyes:

22 hours ago, Underachievers said:

Thanks BLM.  

Link?

22 hours ago, Underachievers said:

Thanks BLM.  

That’s really a pretty chicken #### thing to say the more I think about it. 

• Like 3

On 1/1/2018 at 10:55 AM, Jackstraw said:
On 12/31/2017 at 0:36 PM, Underachievers said:

Thanks BLM.  

That’s really a pretty chicken #### thing to say the more I think about it. 

Ironically, the shooter was a white, 37 year old Veteran Trumper/Alt-Righter. He apparently recorded the event on Periscope as well.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/949471343803641856

a couple of interesting parts to this story being discussed. 

1) interesting how often it's cited that cops should shoot if there is even the worry someone has a gun when this woman is allowed to pull a gun and waive it around in the officers faces for awhile before they shoot.

2) young woman with mental health history, no violent offenses and was committing no crime other than failing to report back to her group home and the cops engage in a 3 hour standoff that results in them entering a boyfriends home and killing the woman. 

5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

1) interesting how often it's cited that cops should shoot if there is even the worry someone has a gun when this woman is allowed to pull a gun and waive it around in the officers faces for awhile before they shoot.

2) young woman with mental health history, no violent offenses and was committing no crime other than failing to report back to her group home and the cops engage in a 3 hour standoff that results in them entering a boyfriends home and killing the woman. 

Perfectly justified shooting. That woman was nuts with a gun. 

6 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I bet Tamir Rice or Daniel Shaver wish they were given the sort of leeway this woman was given before they were killed.

13 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

I bet Tamir Rice or Daniel Shaver wish they were given the sort of leeway this woman was given before they were killed.

I bet not?

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/950759105332948992

Shaun King‏Verified account @ShaunKing

Follow Follow @ShaunKing

More

Police in Little Rock, Arkansas shot & killed 17 y/o high school senior Charles Smith, Jr.

He was a beloved son and student - pulled over by police for a routine traffic stop. Friends say the stop was classic racial profiling

32 people killed by American police already in 2018.

1 hour ago, tjnc09 said:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/950759105332948992

Shaun King‏Verified account @ShaunKing

Follow Follow @ShaunKing

More

Police in Little Rock, Arkansas shot & killed 17 y/o high school senior Charles Smith, Jr.

He was a beloved son and student - pulled over by police for a routine traffic stop. Friends say the stop was classic racial profiling

32 people killed by American police already in 2018.

Please read before you post bs like this. He tried to shoot a cop. Watch the video. 

11 minutes ago, Johnny Rock said:

Please read before you post bs like this. He tried to shoot a cop. Watch the video. 

That was honestly the point of my post.  Shaun King is a cancer to this country.  Despite clear visual evidence this kid tried to kill a cop (and possibly could have shot his "friends"), he won't ever update his tweet because it doesn't add followers to his trash.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jan/11/teen-was-breaking-curfew-when-stopped-b/

Charles Edward Smith Jr., the North Little Rock teenager killed by police during an early Sunday exchange of gunfire, was under a court-ordered, 5 p.m. curfew when he died.

The curfew, which barred him from being outside his home at night, was a condition of Smith's release from jail last year as he awaited trial on charges that he had participated in three armed robberies in three counties -- Garland, Lonoke and Miller.

Those darned racist cops.  Why would they ever pull over such a good kid?

• Like 1

"A West Virginia cop was just fired for *not* killing a suicidal man who was holding an unloaded gun."

https://t.co/1VKC3lc1kz

Don't worry his partners showed up and killed the guy 

No charges to be filed in the Alton Sterling case.  Have no idea why that would have taken so long.  Just letting the rioters forget and move on to other things I guess. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:56 AM, urbanhack said:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article206055609.html

After first saying Stephon Clark had a gun, then changing it to a crowbar, then admitting he just had a cell phone, we now learn that the Sacramento Police shot this man 20 times in his own backyard.

I just saw this.

I really don't understand how/when being a police officer went from 'accepting risks associated with the job while apprehending suspects for lesser crimes', to 'shoot to kill first and ask questions later'.

Perhaps we just never heard of these cases back in the day.

In this case, the police officers were in cover around the corner of the house, had no reason to suspect violent response, never saw a weapon... yet the first instinct is to riddle him with bullets within a half second of giving him their first command from 30 feet away.

On 3/21/2018 at 9:56 AM, urbanhack said:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article206055609.html

After first saying Stephon Clark had a gun, then changing it to a crowbar, then admitting he just had a cell phone, we now learn that the Sacramento Police shot this man 20 times in his own backyard.

His own backyard is a very loose interpretation of what actually happened here. The guy didn't even have a key to the place.

12 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

His own backyard is a very loose interpretation of what actually happened here. The guy didn't even have a key to the place.

May be a little bit sensationalist, but doesn't really change the fact that this was another disturbing police killing.

Just now, Worm said:

May be a little bit sensationalist, but doesn't really change the fact that this was another disturbing police killing.

It obviously changes things a great deal. The narrative here is that the police rolled up and shot a dude just hanging out in his own backyard. That is incredibly different than the police shot a guy that was allegedly trying to break into a house, ran from police while being tracked by a helicopter, and then was knocking on a window at his grandma's house to be let in to escape the police. 

People can make their judgments based on the actual scenario. No need to change the story like urbanhack did. 

1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

It obviously changes things a great deal. The narrative here is that the police rolled up and shot a dude just hanging out in his own backyard. That is incredibly different than the police shot a guy that was allegedly trying to break into a house, ran from police while being tracked by a helicopter, and then was knocking on a window at his grandma's house to be let in to escape the police. 

People can make their judgments based on the actual scenario. No need to change the story like urbanhack did. 

So it wasn't another disturbing police killing? A justified police killing? Shooting a guy "knocking on a window at his grandma's house to be let in to escape the police" is acceptable?

Urbanhack's wording/emphasis doesn't change the story from what it is if you take the time to look at what happened. No one should ever judge a news story on a headline so there's no point spending time arguing that.

Just now, Worm said:

So it wasn't another disturbing police killing? A justified police killing? Shooting a guy "knocking on a window at his grandma's house to be let in to escape the police" is acceptable?

Urbanhack's wording/emphasis doesn't change the story from what it is if you take the time to look at what happened. No one should ever judge a news story on a headline so there's no point spending time arguing that.

So it's cool to morph the events as long as the overall premise is what you agree with? 

Just now, parasaurolophus said:

So it's cool to morph the events as long as the overall premise is what you agree with? 

Pretty sure I never said that and admitted that his phrasing was sensationalist. And in my original post described why it was disturbing.

FBG poster parasaurolophus encourages police shooting of unarmed black men.

I can do it too!

I don't know why we're doing it instead of discussing the case, problem, etc, but here we are.

1 minute ago, Worm said:

Pretty sure I never said that and admitted that his phrasing was sensationalist. And in my original post described why it was disturbing.

You say urbanhack's account doesnt change anything. 

Urbanhack's wording/emphasis doesn't change the story from what it is if you take the time to look at what happened.

This is a strange statement to make. It changes the entire scenario. First he is painting it like it is some sinister police cover up. Then he is saying something that is completely false. The police shooting somebody hanging out in their own backyard is very different than what actually happened here. 

As with all things in life there are varying levels of accountability. I think two cops rolling up and shooting somebody hanging out unarmed in his own backyard without identifying themselves as police should be considered criminal behavior.

I think what actually happened here is in the realm of police misconduct, but not criminal behavior. 

My point re: urbanhack is that it doesn't change the story from what the story actually is. I don't care what he posted as the headline. I read the story. I watched the video. If any of this concerns anyone they should do the same for themselves. Urbanhack or CNN or Fox News' description of a story doesn't alter the facts if you take the time to look at them.

5 minutes ago, Worm said:

My point re: urbanhack is that it doesn't change the story from what the story actually is. I don't care what he posted as the headline. I read the story. I watched the video. If any of this concerns anyone they should do the same for themselves. Urbanhack or CNN or Fox News' description of a story doesn't alter the facts if you take the time to look at them.

Your point is ridiculous. 

(nsfw blood)

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/03/29/san-francisco-police-release-video-of-deadly-barber-shop-shooting/

Police Capt. Valerie Matthews, who heads the major crimes division of the department, said the shooting happened after police were called to the 200 block of Amazon Avenue at 4:28 p.m. on March 21. Family members had reported that Eid was threatening them, flashed a gun, and was trying to break into their garage. When police arrived, the family said he had gone to Amazon Barbershop nearby at 949 Geneva Ave., according to Matthews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j78QDwQJVv8

Watching these videos puts into perspective for me how quickly these officers have to make a life altering decision.  I couldn't even see the gun.  

Obviously: “He was a very sweet kid,” the uncle said. “He did not have to die.”

• Like 1

So, no thoughts on why the Canadian police can arrest a mass murderer without shooting him?

49 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

So, no thoughts on why the Canadian police can arrest a mass murderer without shooting him?

Because they are not very good at their job?...Anyone who runs over 25 innocent people killing 10 of those innocent people, should have been shot dead.... what would be the reason to take him alive?

2 minutes ago, Calvitron Johnson said:

:fishing:  with real stinky bait.

So, nothing?

How are Canadian police trained differently?  Seems like there is something to learn here.