Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

3 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Cop shoots caretaker of an autistic man, black of course, who was laying on the ground with his hands up.  

https://twitter.com/qasimrashid/status/1112017014661545984?s=21

•Someone called cops on an autistic man with a toy

•His therapist Charles Kinsey laid down w/both hands up—begged Cops to NOT shoot

•Dispatch told Cop Jon Aledda  to NOT shoot

•Aledda still shoots autistic man & Kinsey

•Aledda Acquitted😳

#CJReformNOW

This story really bothered me.  Amazing he got off.

8 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

So sad he got off.

There are many posters here that still think that compliance will result in a peaceful conclusion. Those posters ignorant and/or liars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, EYLive said:

There are many posters here that still think that compliance will result in a peaceful conclusion. Those posters ignorant and/or liars.

He didn't die, right?

13 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

To be clear he was only acquitted of the lowest charge. Was a hung jury on the more severe charges. Now the DA has to decide what to do next. Not sure what the charges exactly were, but found it weird that the only one he was acquitted of was the lesser charge. 

Posted (edited)

Not a killing but pretty damn awful 

- officer says he suspects it’s a child playing with a cap gun

- finds kid, orders kid to drop weapon and opens fire 0.6 seconds later firing 4 shots at the 12 year old boy who had a bb gun

-AG said the shooting was justified and the family has to pay for all the medical bills themselves 

https://twitter.com/qasimrashid/status/1127203561773895682?s=21

ETA: boy was 14, not 12

Edited by Ilov80s

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

- finds kid, orders kid to drop weapon and opens fire 0.6 seconds later firing 4 shots at the 12 year old boy who had a bb gun

-AG said the shooting was justified and the family has to pay for all the medical bills themselves 

Damn that is messed up. Kid probably didn't even see the officer because of the fence and he definitely didn't have time to process the order to drop his BB gun before the officer shot him

Just now, Yenrub said:

Damn that is messed up. Kid probably didn't even see the officer because of the fence and he definitely didn't have time to process the order to drop his BB gun before the officer shot him

And he’s on audio before it happens saying he doesn’t think there is a dangerous weapon- he seems to recognize it’s a kid playing. 

3 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

And he’s on audio before it happens saying he doesn’t think there is a dangerous weapon- he seems to recognize it’s a kid playing. 

So why shoot the kid so quickly when the officer thinks he has a toy? How does the officer get away with this if the audio proves that the officer didn't believe he was in danger?

20 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

So why shoot the kid so quickly when the officer thinks he has a toy? How does the officer get away with this if the audio proves that the officer didn't believe he was in danger?

I don’t know. Do you?

On 5/11/2019 at 1:59 PM, Ilov80s said:

This is sickening.  I have a 9 year old that plays with his BB gun in the back yard.  I would probably do something very irrational if I was in this boys parent's situation.  It makes me livid just thinking about it. 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:04 PM, Ilov80s said:

Twitter guy put some nice dramatic music in the clip. :thumbup:

28 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Twitter guy put some nice dramatic music in the clip. :thumbup:

Oh I didn't even notice, I think I had it on mute and read the captions. Were there captions? I think I am remembering the right video. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 4:17 PM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I haven't seen this discussed and if so I guess I'm a little surprised. - Sandra Bland cell phone video was discovered.... but it's been available to a local news station for 19 months.

This video is only shocking to people unfamiliar with this case or that had forgotten about the details. The police video that was released already had this interaction recorded. Him saying he would light her up was played before.

Smart move by this guy to get some publicity for his new group. He waited long enough to air a video he had for a while. He knew it would play brilliantly in our short news cycle and people's limited memories. He says he didn't have it, but the news station says they dont have a copy of that video in their possession. 

Suppressing that video accomplished nothing back then so the conspiracy claims make zero sense. I believe that the family already had a copy. In fact to argue they didnt is kind of dumb since the dashcam footage shows the interaction where she says she is recording. Are we really to believe that her family's legal team wouldn't have sought that video previously? That they truly were in shock and awe when this reporter showed it to them? OMG She recorded it??? Who knew!!! New investigation!!! 

ETA: Full video from 2015. The light you up part is in the 8:00-9:20 range 

Edited by parasaurolophus

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

This video is only shocking to people unfamiliar with this case or that had forgotten about the details. The police video that was released already had this interaction recorded. Him saying he would light her up was played before.

Smart move by this guy to get some publicity for his new group. He waited long enough to air a video he had for a while. He knew it would play brilliantly in our short news cycle and people's limited memories. He says he didn't have it, but the news station says they dont have a copy of that video in their possession. 

Suppressing that video accomplished nothing back then so the conspiracy claims make zero sense. I believe that the family already had a copy. In fact to argue they didnt is kind of dumb since the dashcam footage shows the interaction where she says she is recording. Are we really to believe that her family's legal team wouldn't have sought that video previously? That they truly were in shock and awe when this reporter showed it to them? OMG She recorded it??? Who knew!!! New investigation!!! 

Did the poster in the link make a conspiracy claim? (Columbia Journalism Review is a pretty neutral link). I'd say it's just bad journalism.

- IIRC the cop lost on this without the video, for good reason. But it seems like this captures dialogue not in the original video. This is not a story that tbqh I had much interest in, but this video makes me rethink things. My feeling in a lot of these stories has been skeptical. However this woman seemed very rational. It's unimaginably sad she killed herself. Did she have a history of mental illness or something that led to her committing suicide?

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

“We started talking to [Bland’s] family members last fall,” Collister says. “We discovered that the lawyer and the family were like, Where the hell did you get that? That’s how we realized that, according to the family, it has been withheld from them in discovery in the federal lawsuit.”

This is a whole other thing besides the perjury charge.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Did the poster in the link make a conspiracy claim? Maybe I should have found a more neutral link. I'd say it's just bad journalism.

- IIRC the cop lost on this without the video, for good reason. But it seems like this captures dialogue not in the original video. This is not a story that tbqh I had much interest in, but this video makes me rethink things. My feeling in a lot of these stories has been skeptical. However this woman seemed very rational. It's unimaginably sad she killed herself. Did she have a history of mental illness or something that led to her committing suicide?

It is all there. If you start hers at 8:39ish of the dashcam video, it is all there. 

ETA: In fact I actually wonder if there isnt more cell phone video available and it wasnt shown by the reporter because she really starts to use profanity and insult the officer right after that. It is obviously possible that it stopped recording when she set it down. 

Edited by parasaurolophus

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

It is all there. If you start hers at 8:39ish of the dashcam video, it is all there. 

I haven't previously followed the case. Also was it known that she had recorded the interaction herself?

- eta - Just looking at the original video. For the first time for me, it does have the original dialogue inside the car.

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I haven't previously followed the case. What about the part where Bland is speaking inside the car, asking why she is being instructed to get out the car? Also was it known that she had recorded the interaction herself?

It is all there. I dont see how they didnt know she was recording. The family didnt exactly have a bowling alley lawyer. She says she is recording. Somebody on the legal team would have either made the decision to get the video or they just didn't see any relevance to it since the whole interaction was already recorded.

EIther way, the only reason this became news is it was released 4 years later under the guise it was new and previously suppressed. I find that claim to be complete and total BS. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

It is all there. I dont see how they didnt know she was recording. The family didnt exactly have a bowling alley lawyer. She says she is recording. Somebody on the legal team would have either made the decision to get the video or they just didn't see any relevance to it since the whole interaction was already recorded.

EIther way, the only reason this became news is it was released 4 years later under the guise it was new and previously suppressed. I find that claim to be complete and total BS. 

Fwiw I edited my post above before I saw your reply. 

I think what you're saying makes sense, but i disagree that it was journalistically irrelevant when it was originally obtained.

I'm also perplexed why Encenia was not prosecuted for perjury, a woman died as a result of all this. And a video file would probably stand out if delivered to the family attorney. That he claims he never received it seems odd as well. I also think a recording from inside the car is highly relevant to the claim of Encenia that he was in fear of his life, that really seals the deal. 

8 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Fwiw I edited my post above before I saw your reply. 

I think what you're saying makes sense, but i disagree that it was journalistically irrelevant when it was originally obtained.

I'm also perplexed why Encenia was not prosecuted for perjury, a woman died as a result of all this. And a video file would probably stand out if delivered to the family attorney. That he claims he never received it seems odd as well. I also think a recording from inside the car is highly relevant to the claim of Encenia that he was in fear of his life, that really seals the deal. 

The video was mostly irrelevant to the perjury charge. He gave two conflicting statements. He originally said his safety was in jeopardy and that is why he took her out of tge car. Then he later said it was because she got unruly when he told her to put out the cigarette(not looking up exact quotes). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

The video was mostly irrelevant to the perjury charge. He gave two conflicting statements. He originally said his safety was in jeopardy and that is why he took her out of tge car. Then he later said it was because she got unruly when he told her to put out the cigarette(not looking up exact quotes). 

She was unruly.  Neither one of them handled it well.

This has nothing to do with her hanging herself though.

I hear that the Cleveland police department is considering rehiring the guy who killed Tamir Rice 

7 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Not the temperament I would be looking for in a law enforcement officer.

That is the reason why they become cops in the first place, unless there is a draft for cops good luck. 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, huthut said:

That is the reason why they become cops in the first place, unless there is a draft for cops good luck. 

in my experience such individuals are a very distinct minority.  That said, the damage one such person can do on a Department is large.  I mean that individual is going to work what 250 shifts during a year answering maybe 10 calls per shift giving that one officer 2500 opportunities to conduct himself shamefully.  That one officer can leave a larger impression in the mind of the public than the other 900 officer on a force who conduct themselves admirably.  This is part of human perception. 

Now none of the foregoing is to excuse the behavior.  That behavior cannot be excused and needs to be rooted out, with alacrity and certainty.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

in my experience such individuals are a very distinct minority.  That said, the damage one such person can do on a Department is large.  I mean that individual is going to work what 250 shifts during a year answering maybe 10 calls per shift giving that one officer 2500 opportunities to conduct himself shamefully.  That one officer can leave a larger impression in the mind of the public than the other 900 officer on a force who conduct themselves admirably.  This is part of human perception. 

Now none of the foregoing is to excuse the behavior.  That behavior cannot be excused and needs to be rooted out, with alacrity and certainty.

https://twitter.com/OccupyDemocrats/status/1139331253327413249?s=20

This POV makes it look even worse.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, Bucky86 said:

WTF? Over a doll? 

Store is to blame, why even call the cops over a doll in the first place. Take the small loss and move on.

Just now, Summer Wheat said:

Store is to blame, why even call the cops over a doll in the first place. Take the small loss and move on.

No.

2 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

Just horrendous. Are these #######s going to lose their jobs and go to jail? They need to. Makes me sick to see people abuse their power like that.

No mention of Brandon Webber?

Memphis has been on edge the past couple of nights.

This thread needs more talk about football players kneeling and how despicable it is.

Wow.  I usually try to give the cop the benefit of the doubt in these cases but this is ridiculous.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-in-california-shot-55-times-in-35-seconds-and-killed-willie-mccoy-thats-reasonable-report-says/ar-AACRBJe?ocid=ientp

A quote from the story strikes me as weird 

..a police consultant and retired peach officer, also wrote that police had reasonable suspicion to detain McCoy, who was found unconscious in his car while in possession of a gun.......Officers are not required to wait until a weapon is pointed at them to take the necessary step to save their own lives

If the police knew he was unconscious why shoot him?

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

:goodposting:  Came here specifically to get a pulse on this one.  Nary a mention.  

US marshals were serving a warrant for Brandon Webber related to a June 3 shooting in Hernando, Mississippi, according to District Attorney John Champion.

Webber had been in Hernando on June 3 to answer to an ad on Facebook regarding the purchase of a vehicle, Champion said at a news conference today. Webber and the seller got in the car for a test drive.

As they were outside switching seats, Champion said Webber shot the victim five times and stole the vehicle.

The victim survived and was able to identify Webber from a photo lineup, the district attorney said. The victim is still hospitalized.

Champion said Webber used a “bogus” Facebook account and phone number when setting up the transaction.

Authorities reached out to US marshals on June 8 and asked them to arrest Webber on warrants for aggravated assault, armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery. 

Webber was driving a red Infinity yesterday — the same vehicle stolen in Hernando, authorities said.

While attempting to stop the individual, he reportedly rammed his vehicle into the officers’ vehicles multiple times before exiting with a weapon. The officers fired striking and killing the individual. No officers were injured.

Following protests have resulted in 36 police injured, 23 police vehicles damaged so far.

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

Will be interesting hearing more about it...from the official story, it looks justified.  Kid shot another person and stole the car...if he rammed the cops who were there to serve the warrant (US Marshals) and then got out of the car with a gun...they were certainly justified in taking him down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

The police brutality and the store loss are two different things. One should not effect the other. 

I spent decades working in retail loss prevention. I've seen people from all walks of life steal things. White, black, elderly, nuns, it's a problem that continues to get worse. The lack of respect towards businesses and loss prevention personnel is the reason I got out of that line of work. When I started in the 90's it was an occasional incident that concluded with very little physical altercation. Near the end of my career, it was a physical altercation nearly every time. I've been dragged by a car, punched, an had weapons pulled on me. As you would say, "all over a doll (or any other item they wanted). The last company I worked for started moving away from having LP agents stop the shoplifter. Instead they would notify the police and either they would show up while the shoplifter is still there, apprehend them as they were driving down the street, or fill out a police report that would result in a warrant for their arrest. It just wasn't worth risking the liability of having a store employee hurt. 

I also saw an increase in parents using kids and minors as a vehicle to shoplift items. I've seen mothers use strollers and hide items around their baby. I've seen parents steal items and allow their kids to take stuff as well. It's a learned behavior. Up until a couple of years ago, employee theft cost retailers more than external theft (shoplifters).  That is no longer the case. It's a problem that needs to be addressed. And it starts with the parents. 

Phoenix situation gets worse

Police turned off their cams before the incident, omitted their threats to kill the family, said they feared for their lives. Lucky for this family the incident was caught on a cell video. 

https://twitter.com/qasimrashid/status/1139922742046838785?s=21

• Sad 1

Turning off dash cam and body cam should be considered tampering with evidence and prosecuted every time.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Phoenix situation gets worse

Police turned off their cams before the incident, omitted their threats to kill the family, said they feared for their lives. Lucky for this family the incident was caught on a cell video. 

https://twitter.com/qasimrashid/status/1139922742046838785?s=21

They need to be locked up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Turning off dash cam and body cam should be considered tampering with evidence and prosecuted every time.

At least immediate cause for termination.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Apple Jack said:

At least immediate cause for termination.

When we see officers who disregard professionalism and ethics get away it repeatedly, it’s no wonder some cops act like they are untouchable. We need to have firm consequences for those caught violating the code of conduct to send a clear message to all other officers and those hoping to become officers. 

• Like 1