What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (8 Viewers)

Floyd's not resisting. It's clearly murder. I cried watching the videos. Those cops should fry. The #### that killed him and the 3 watching. And they should not get their pensions! 

Mark Ames @MarkAmesExiled

American hacks spent the last few years blaming US racism & Black Lives Matter on devious Russians hellbent on subverting America's otherwise harmonious racial paradise. Not a single retraction, apology, career dent.

Wait...what?
It said "American hacks spent the last few years blaming US racism & Black Lives Matter on devious Russians hellbent on subverting America's otherwise harmonious racial paradise. Not a single retraction, apology, career dent."

What part was confusing for you?

Now you're misrepresenting my post.   Nice work
You hopped into a thread talking about a horrific murder that was captured on video and your first post was being upset about people stealing stuff, while making no remark about the murder. A type of murder that we’ve seen happen countless times in this country. A type of murder that shows yet another abuse of power by the people who are supposed to protect us. A type of murder that these thugs would have gotten away with if it weren’t caught on camera by pedestrians.

The fact that you felt the need to comment about the looters but not mention a word about the murder is well... very weird and revealing to say the least.

You hopped into a thread talking about a horrific murder that was captured on video and your first post was being upset about people stealing stuff, while making no remark about the murder. A type of murder that we’ve seen happen countless times in this country. A type of murder that shows yet another abuse of power by the people who are supposed to protect us. A type of murder that these thugs would have gotten away with if it weren’t caught on camera by pedestrians.

The fact that you felt the need to comment about the looters but not mention a word about the murder is well... very weird and revealing to say the least.
I usually take opposite sides from @Ramblin Wreck in most political discussions but I think you’re really being unfair to him here. First off he doesn’t need to condemn the murder. Many people have done that. If he had defended the murder that would be something else, but the fact that he chooses not to speak about it should not be a subject for criticism IMO. 
Second, what he wrote about the looting is a legitimate response. It’s true some people loot because they’re over emotional and angry, but others loot because they see a way to take advantage of a situation, which is the point RW made. Either way, looters are a blot on those who are trying to have peaceful protest. 

I usually take opposite sides from @Ramblin Wreck in most political discussions but I think you’re really being unfair to him here. First off he doesn’t need to condemn the murder. Many people have done that. If he had defended the murder that would be something else, but the fact that he chooses not to speak about it should not be a subject for criticism IMO. 
Second, what he wrote about the looting is a legitimate response. It’s true some people loot because they’re over emotional and angry, but others loot because they see a way to take advantage of a situation, which is the point RW made. Either way, looters are a blot on those who are trying to have peaceful protest. 
ding ding ding, the cop was wrong, it was such a horrible thing he did, and he should be in jail, but that doesn't mean everyone should riot and beat up people.

Does anyone here actually think this violent rioting is justified?

Sure, he doesn’t have to comment on the murder if he doesn’t want to. It just speaks volume not mentioning a word about the murder and going straight into complaining about the looting, which I agree is a problem and that some people are doing so just to take advantage of the situation.

ding ding ding, the cop was wrong, it was such a horrible thing he did, and he should be in jail, but that doesn't mean everyone should riot and beat up people.

Does anyone here actually think this violent rioting is justified?
Of course not and I think the vast majority of people would agree that looting is totally unacceptable and not the correct way to go about protesting.

It sounds like it has continued to escalate tonight, I had stopped watching streams but there are several more fires since the Autozone was lit on fire. I'm also seeing claims in reddit comments that a pawn shop owner in the area shot and killed someone he said was looting. Rumors of possible National Guard deployment.

Saw on Twitter that Mayor Frey has requested assistance from the state level for State Patrol and National Guard deployments.

"Yes, we’re reeling. We are reeling, and I understand the anger and pain, and we need the public’s help in keeping the peace tonight. We need that in order to get through this together.”

Frey said he has been in touch with the governor's office and has requested assistance from the state. "We've spoken several times. We're receiving assistance in the form of state patrol. I have requested the National Guard as well."

Last edited by a moderator:
Video of a white male with a full face rebreather mask, umbrella, hammer, and thick clothing walking away from having smashed the windows at the Autozone early in the evening. Walked away while avoiding speaking to any other protesters who attempted to engage him and threatened to fight them before disappearing. Stole nothing.

Video of a white male with a full face rebreather mask, umbrella, hammer, and thick clothing walking away from having smashed the windows at the Autozone early in the evening. Walked away while avoiding speaking to any other protesters who attempted to engage him and threatened to fight them before disappearing. Stole nothing.
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1265877207869583361

ANTIFA, which is largely white people including members of the media, is creating RIOTS to frame BLM.

Definitely a Rodney King 2.0 feeling to this -- some of the looters on one of the livestreams mentioned this as well. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as those riots.

Confirmation of a homicide by a pawn shop owner against an alleged looter. There's video around showing sheriff deputies performing CPR, but he didn't survive.

National Guard is in the area on Unicorn Riot livestream. They're armed but just standing around behind barriers for now.

Edit: Seeing now that they were special State Patrol troopers who just look almost identical to National Guard.

Great. Kamala Harris is an idiot. I don't really care. This really doesn't feel like the right time to start arguing about Russia, Ren.
Here’s another example: Tim Ryan blaming “the Russians” for invading social media to divide us.  I’ve got a bunch more.   They invested tons of political capital into this.  

It’s not a strawman- it’s a delusional belief system that many people adopted in the wake of 2016.  Jerry Nadler compared it to Pearl Harbor.  A lot of credulous people pushed this narrative, day in and day out, for years.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we get another 5,000 word piece about how ‘russians’ are ‘amplifying’ this.  

It’s important to push back against it for a couple of reasons.  One, because it is insulting to rob protesters of their agency by suggesting it is Russia, rather than the outrage of police murdering an innocent man, that is ‘sowing discord.’  

Two, because it is powerserving bull####.  They don’t want to deal with an engaged, critically thinking citizenry, so they came up with a childish fantasy for why we’re divided.  It’s important to note at times like this.  You don’t get to handwave it all away, like it didn’t set us back years from doing the hard introspection of addressing a broken & corrupt system.  

Klobuchar issues a statement on the “officer-involved death”.  

As the state’s chief prosecutor she “declined to bring charges against more than two dozen officers who had killed citizens while on duty – including against Chauvin himself, who shot and killed Wayne Reyes in 2006 and would later go on to shoot more civilians while in uniform.”

These riots are scary. It seems to be spreading totally out of control. I'm seeing comments on Reddit of it spreading to uptown. I don't think I'll be leaving my home for a while. Thankfully the protest nearest me has been relatively peaceful so far

Klobuchar issues a statement on the “officer-involved death”.  

As the state’s chief prosecutor she “declined to bring charges against more than two dozen officers who had killed citizens while on duty – including against Chauvin himself, who shot and killed Wayne Reyes in 2006 and would later go on to shoot more civilians while in uniform.”
This could cause a problem with her potential VP nomination.

The problem is police are never prosecuted.  Police actions should be defended in 99 plus percent of these cases.  But there needs to be about 5 or 10 officers a year prosecuted.  

The fire extinguisher discharge brings back such bad memories and actually gives me a gag reflex. 

Every other month we would have to deal with cleaning up after one. Vandals love to spray them all over. 

This is pure BS trolling.  Well done

Thank you.  The fact I called it a murder tells you exactly what I think it was.  There's no need to repeat what anyone else has repeated.  Like I asked moops, is anyone defending murder and saying it's good?   These threads can suck sometimes with people twisting words around.   

Sure, he doesn’t have to comment on the murder if he doesn’t want to. It just speaks volume not mentioning a word about the murder and going straight into complaining about the looting, which I agree is a problem and that some people are doing so just to take advantage of the situation.
The very first thing I said was murder.  I could have said looters taking advantage of the unfortunate death of a young man.  Then you could have at it with me brushing aside this guy's murder.   Better yet, why don't you stop board copping my words?

Some pretty prominent people on Twitter are saying flat out that white people never get killed by cops or that cops de-escalate with white people all the time. The fact of the matter is, cops de-escalate with all races most of the time. Yes, I understand how percentages and such work, but police kill white more than any other race. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/
White people for sure can be the victim of police brutality but the numbers (including what you just shared) and evidence shows that blacks and minorities in general are effected by it at higher rates. It also goes beyond just murders too as it’s well documented minorities are arrested at much higher rates than whites for committing the same exact crimes.

The very first thing I said was murder.  I could have said looters taking advantage of the unfortunate death of a young man.  Then you could have at it with me brushing aside this guy's murder.   Better yet, why don't you stop board copping my words?
The point of focus was on the looters, not the murder itself. And as I mentioned before this wasn’t just any other murder, it was an absolutely gruesome one committed by the people who are supposed to protect us, but are seen abusing their power time and time again. I’m not going to waste my time arguing on this anymore but it appears people took it the same way I did.

White people for sure can be the victim of police brutality but the numbers (including what you just shared) and evidence shows that blacks and minorities in general are effected by it at higher rates. It also goes beyond just murders too as it’s well documented minorities are arrested at much higher rates than whites for committing the same exact crimes.
Yes, I said I understood how the numbers and percentages work. That said, the notion that whites don't get killed is ridiculous. 

The point of focus was on the looters, not the murder itself. And as I mentioned before this wasn’t just any other murder, it was an absolutely gruesome one committed by the people who are supposed to protect us, but are seen abusing their power time and time again. I’m not going to waste my time arguing on this anymore but it appears people took it the same way I did.
:lmao:   Okay man.  

The cops should be prosecuted for this.  But looting is not the appropriate response to this. 

Users who are viewing this thread