Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

Recommended Posts

I just read some comments on another platform that criticized the cops for retreating from the station.

Totally unfair.  It’s not like it was FOUR cops versus a handcuffed dude on the ground.

They’re not superheroes!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoBeDad said:

Maybe not per CBSN Minnesota. It could be the looters will start shooting. Doublespeak from Trump.

Doesn’t seem to make sense that way. The looting started yesterday and we don’t seem to have any shootings. Just the way the it’s phrased, it really only works as a threat about what happens if he takes over control. Unfortunately that’s part of the problem with a leader who can’t clearly articulate anything. We never know for sure what he’s talking about. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn the cops just gave up and are letting everything just burn.   Going to be a crazy night.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

Damn the cops just gave up and are letting everything just burn.   Going to be a crazy night.  

Dispatcher: Protesters are trying to light the station on fire!

Cops:

Dispatcher: We have a report of a non-white person possibly writing a bad check

Cops: [Starsky and Hutch engine noises] 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comments on Reddit stating protesters have now broken into an apartment complex in uptown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

Comments on Reddit stating protesters have now broken into an apartment complex in uptown

I'd be a little wary of things like that -- earlier this afternoon there were multiple people bridgading /r/Minneapolis claiming that two cops had been beheaded.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mcintyre1 said:

I'd be a little wary of things like that -- earlier this afternoon there were multiple people bridgading /r/Minneapolis claiming that two cops had been beheaded.

Hopefully it's not true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

I'd be a little wary of things like that -- earlier this afternoon there were multiple people bridgading /r/Minneapolis claiming that two cops had been beheaded.

Beheaded? Wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/toddzwillich/status/1266237702208282624

Todd Zwillich@toddzwillich

“When the looting starts, the shooting starts,” is a threat coined by Miami Police Chief Walter Headley, who promised violent reprisals on black protesters in 1967. He also said: “We don’t mind being accused of police brutality. They haven’t seen anything yet.”

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could Trump channel Nixon more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

Beheaded? Wtf

I mean, it clearly didn't happen. There are lots of alt-right/the_donald trolls that are trying to edge people into making this a race war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

I'd be a little wary of things like that -- earlier this afternoon there were multiple people bridgading /r/Minneapolis claiming that two cops had been beheaded.

On Twitter a top trend is the name (I won't repeat it) of an alleged undercover cop who started the riot at the auto parts store. Have you heard anything that verifies or discredits this person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

On Twitter a top trend is the name (I won't repeat it) of an alleged undercover cop who started the riot at the auto parts store. Have you heard anything that verifies or discredits this person?

We talked about it a bit a page back -- short version is that it is very much unconfirmed and the SPPD denies it is their officer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Challenge Everything said:

Makes me wonder... does this “rioting” happen if they had simply arrested the four cops? I’d wager that had those four been taken into custody, none of this occurs. 

And holding that press conference calling for more videos (wtf??) and that dude that said there is evidence it may not be criminal poured gasoline on the flames. Big mistake. They are looking to get them off. I wouldn't be surprised if they rule cause of death something other than anoxia. Absolutely disgusting.

I think tomorrow and Saturday are going to be worse.

Edited by CurlyNight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 1:

The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire. These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.

May 28:

These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At least 7 people shot in Louisville KY. 

Edited by CurlyNight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Twitter marked Trump's tweet containing the "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" line with the following blocker message:

Quote

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible. Learn more

You can click to view the tweet anyways.

Edited by mcintyre1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caustic said:

May 1:

The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire. These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.

May 28:

These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

Man who shot and killed looter- arrested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching this like Cosmo Kramer is our President 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rusty!, Rusty!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 9:35 PM, mcintyre1 said:

The "elderly disabled woman" does also appear to have a knife. That's pretty wild.

My thought too. She was trying to stop them blocking a door at Target with a little knife. Noble but dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mcintyre1 said:

Twitter marked Trump's tweet containing the "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" line with the following blocker message:

You can click to view the tweet anyways.

IMO, I think Twitter is in the right, but man oh man is this going to escalate the battle between Twitter and Trump already ongoing. 

Honestly it would be great for everyone if our President just got off Twitter like he threatened. Stop the silliness and break the weird addictive feedback loop for Trump. It’s clearly not good for his own mental health and it’s clearly not good for the country.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Doesn’t seem to make sense that way. The looting started yesterday and we don’t seem to have any shootings. Just the way the it’s phrased, it really only works as a threat about what happens if he takes over control. Unfortunately that’s part of the problem with a leader who can’t clearly articulate anything. We never know for sure what he’s talking about. 

There's very little ambiguity in that tweet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

IMO, I think Twitter is in the right, but man oh man is this going to escalate the battle between Twitter and Trump already ongoing. 

Honestly it would be great for everyone if our President just got off Twitter like he threatened. Stop the silliness and break the weird addictive feedback loop for Trump. It’s clearly not good for his own mental health and it’s clearly not good for the country.

Ironically, I'd be a little afraid if Trump didn't have Twitter as an outlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the  Chauvin/Floyd club security connection you would think they would’ve been familiar with each other

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HellToupee said:

With the  Chauvin/Floyd club security connection you would think they would’ve been familiar with each other

George Floyd and now-former Officer Derek Chauvin both worked security at the El Nuevo Rodeo club on Lake Street, according to Maya Santamaria. Santamaria owned the building for nearly two decades, but sold the venue within the last few months. 

"Chauvin was our off-duty police for almost the entirety of the 17 years that we were open," Santamaria said. "They were working together at the same time, it's just that Chauvin worked outside and the security guards were inside." 
 

Why is having “off duty police” at a strip club a thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So cnn got arrested(the black team not the white team).  This is Bananas.  If they wanted a war... they are going to get it.  Just arrest the damn officer for god sakes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

####### hell my city is completely destroyed. How do you even recover from this?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

George Floyd and now-former Officer Derek Chauvin both worked security at the El Nuevo Rodeo club on Lake Street, according to Maya Santamaria. Santamaria owned the building for nearly two decades, but sold the venue within the last few months. 

"Chauvin was our off-duty police for almost the entirety of the 17 years that we were open," Santamaria said. "They were working together at the same time, it's just that Chauvin worked outside and the security guards were inside." 
 

Why is having “off duty police” at a strip club a thing? 

Off duty cops take on security gigs outside their regular hours of work all the time. 

Maybe his treatment of Floyd stems from some sort of previous history between the two???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

So cnn got arrested(the black team not the white team).  This is Bananas.  If they wanted a war... they are going to get it.  Just arrest the damn officer for god sakes!

 

I just watched this video. What the hell is going on in the Minnesota PD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Maybe his treatment of Floyd stems from some sort of previous history between the two??

This has to  be the cause of the arrest delay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

This has to  be the cause of the arrest delay. 

What prior treatment would justify kneeling on a man's neck so he couldn't breathe for 9 minutes? While he was cuffed.

Edited by whoknew
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

St Paul mayor sounds like a moron. He says he doesn’t recognize the looters and thinks they are outsiders. 

He never forgets a face. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

####### hell my city is completely destroyed. How do you even recover from this?

More than 170 St. Paul businesses looted or damaged, dozens of fires set, police say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

####### hell my city is completely destroyed. How do you even recover from this?

I’m not sure and it really sucks. Blame your pathetic mayor. This guy makes Lorri Lightfoot here in Chicago look strong and competent. No way would she (or any other leader almost) sit on their hands and let a police station get torched.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whoknew said:

What prior treatment would justify kneeling on a man's neck so he couldn't breathe for 9 minutes? While he was cuffed.

I don't think anyone is arguing "justification"...merely pointing out that there may have been some history.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I don't think anyone is arguing "justification"...merely pointing out that there may have been some history.  

Ok. What history would lead to a delay in the arrest of the officer? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

I’m not sure and it really sucks. Blame your pathetic mayor. This guy makes Lorri Lightfoot here in Chicago look strong and competent. No way would she (or any other leader almost) sit on their hands and let a police station get torched.  

Or blame the systemic racism that ls been bred on that police force and legal system for a long long time.  Maybe blame that and call your politicians and tell them you don’t approve of their actions which began all of this.  

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I’m not sure and it really sucks. Blame your pathetic mayor. This guy makes Lorri Lightfoot here in Chicago look strong and competent. No way would she (or any other leader almost) sit on their hands and let a police station get torched.  

Really doubt that decision is left to the mayor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shatner! said:

Could Trump channel Nixon more?

Sadly, I think Trump wants this distraction. 
 

His inflammatory response was a deliberate political calculation. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Ok. What history would lead to a delay in the arrest of the officer? 

I have no idea.  I could throw out a whole bunch of ridiculous possibilities, but that will just make me sound like I am defending the cop and/or the police department which is not my intent.  Bottom line is I don't know anything beyond what the video shows.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

So cnn got arrested(the black team not the white team).  This is Bananas.  If they wanted a war... they are going to get it.  Just arrest the damn officer for god sakes!

 

35 minutes ago, whoknew said:

 

I just watched this video. What the hell is going on in the Minnesota PD?

What in the actual ####.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

With the  Chauvin/Floyd club security connection you would think they would’ve been familiar with each other

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow just saw footage that they torched the 3rd precinct, have we ever seen this before? Not sure allowing that is the right thing to do. 
 

At the same time I have no problem with whatever that scumbag cop gets even if they bring back the death penalty. Make an example of this POS. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

More than 170 St. Paul businesses looted or damaged, dozens of fires set, police say

Saw this older black couple on TV crying about what has happened in the aftermath.  Said  all the places they shop were destroyed.  So sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, whoknew said:

What prior treatment would justify kneeling on a man's neck so he couldn't breathe for 9 minutes? While he was cuffed.

:shrug:

was there something illegal going on at the club. mMybe it’s involved with the counterfeit $ and tied to the club. Maybe it’s something else. It sure seems like he wanted Floyd dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PinkydaPimp said:

So cnn got arrested(the black team not the white team).  This is Bananas.  If they wanted a war... they are going to get it.  Just arrest the damn officer for god sakes!

I'm a little surprised that in recent years, that police departments around the country haven't established internal "arrest for show" procedures of some kind. If, internally, police (unions?) REALLY feel they should be above getting summarily arrested for anything done on duty ... it would seem that even the police unions would recognize the value of good optics. Even if they're fake optics.

Set up a room or two in each precinct or jailhouse or whatever that's extra nice and comfortable ... kind of like a decent hotel room. Just have the cop stay in there while arrested. At least while media scrutiny is at its highest. Can probably start shuttling the "arrested" cop around (e.g. to his/her home, other places) after some time has passed and the public & media have moved on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

Why is having “off duty police” at a strip club a thing? 

This is common locally at any place that serves alcohol. Around you, cops don't ever work bars -- only private security?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, PinkydaPimp said:

So cnn got arrested(the black team not the white team).  This is Bananas.  If they wanted a war... they are going to get it.  Just arrest the damn officer for god sakes!

 

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

 

I just watched this video. What the hell is going on in the Minnesota PD?

Sky News where I live in the UK have interrupted their Covid-19 coverage to show this video, there is widespread disbelief over here that something like this could happen in the USA, but then there has been disbelief about a lot of things that have happened over the last few years.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.