What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (4 Viewers)

They share some blame for sure.
someone posted this: 

And, when police kill innocent people... they don't receive the same treatment of a water cannon up their ###. Instead, they get paid leave and benefits. That is tyranny, Plain and simple.

Then some replied to it but crossed a word out and replaced it with Unions

And, when police kill innocent people... they don't receive the same treatment of a water cannon up their ###. Instead, they get paid leave and benefits. That is Unions, Plain and simple.

That seems to say it is the union more to blame than tyranny. Insane take considering all 4 cops got fired and only 1 arrested. The police leadership and police union took stronger action than the criminal justice system has taken. 

The sad truth on how riots hurt  the local communities.   Even though the downtown area of Detroit has made a huge comeback the city has never really recovered from the 1967 riots.

The finding is that the riots significantly depress the median value of black-owned property in cities riots occur , with very  little or no rebound . The baseline estimates for severe-riot cities relative to small-or-no-riot cities range from approximately 14 to 20 percent for black-owned properties, and from 6 to 10 percent for all central-city residential properties. Household-level data  indicate that the racial gap in property values widened substantially in riot-afflicted cities relative to others.

The exact mechanisms through which the riots affected economic activity over a long period of time are difficult to identify, but a large number of potentially reinforcing channels exist.  Property risk is higher in central city neighborhoods than before the riots, causing insurance premiums to rise,  taxes for income redistribution or more police and fire protection  increase, and municipal bonds are more difficult to place, retail outlets close, businesses and employment opportunities relocate, middle and higher income households move away, burned out buildings become an eyesore.

I said it partially in jest, but if people are mad about cops getting paid administrative leave and benefits, that is a direct result of the police union. 
Has the Minneapolis Police Union made any public statements defending these cops? Is there any sign the union put up any legitimate resistance to the firing of every officer involved? I am curious about this. There was the false statement that the police initially made. Where did that come from? These bigger issues are so interesting. 

The sad truth on how riots hurt  the local communities.   Even though the downtown area of Detroit has made a huge comeback the city has never really recovered from the 1967 riots.

The finding is that the riots significantly depress the median value of black-owned property in cities riots occur , with very  little or no rebound . The baseline estimates for severe-riot cities relative to small-or-no-riot cities range from approximately 14 to 20 percent for black-owned properties, and from 6 to 10 percent for all central-city residential properties. Household-level data  indicate that the racial gap in property values widened substantially in riot-afflicted cities relative to others.

The exact mechanisms through which the riots affected economic activity over a long period of time are difficult to identify, but a large number of potentially reinforcing channels exist.  Property risk is higher in central city neighborhoods than before the riots, causing insurance premiums to rise,  taxes for income redistribution or more police and fire protection  increase, and municipal bonds are more difficult to place, retail outlets close, businesses and employment opportunities relocate, middle and higher income households move away, burned out buildings become an eyesore.
And the build-up in Detroit was similar to Minny. There was a ton of friction between the DPD and the citizens in '67. 

There is a key difference I'm seeing tonight compared to the last two night -- leadership and focus among the protesters. There's been a man on a bullhorn leading chants and sharing info to the ~1000 people gathered around the 5th Precinct for the last couple of hours. There wasn't any focus after the tear gas and marker rounds were used on Wednesday. Everyone scattered and then the looting and fires started.
Yes it looked really organized and focused as everyone cleaned out the liquor store. LOL

JbizzleMan said:
Isn’t there positional asphyxia? Paging @Terminalxylem
I'm curious to know if the knee cut off oxygenated blood supply since the aorta is on the left. Oxygenated blood leaves the left ventricle via the aorta out, which includes supplying the lungs.

Has the Minneapolis Police Union made any public statements defending these cops? Is there any sign the union put up any legitimate resistance to the firing of every officer involved? I am curious about this. There was the false statement that the police initially made. Where did that come from? These bigger issues are so interesting. 
I am not aware of the union defending the cops in any way for this case. 

someone posted this: 

And, when police kill innocent people... they don't receive the same treatment of a water cannon up their ###. Instead, they get paid leave and benefits. That is tyranny, Plain and simple.

Then some replied to it but crossed a word out and replaced it with Unions

And, when police kill innocent people... they don't receive the same treatment of a water cannon up their ###. Instead, they get paid leave and benefits. That is Unions, Plain and simple.

That seems to say it is the union more to blame than tyranny. Insane take considering all 4 cops got fired and only 1 arrested. The police leadership and police union took stronger action than the criminal justice system has taken. 
I didnt see that post. 

I almost posted something earlier in response to a different post about 10 bad cops 100 good cops that do nothing and so you have 110 bad cops. Was going to say no, then you have a union. 

Unions arent exactly known for weeding out bad apples. 

I am not aware of the union defending the cops in any way for this case. 
That is good. Though we know they have certainly defended rogue cops before. It's a big complex problem but the tyranny of law, order and justice is not a union issue. It's a huge American issue. 

This is just ignorant. First degree murder requires It be premeditated. If he was charged with that, they’d better prepare themselves for an acquittal. 
No it's not. It took almost 2 minutes after the other #### said there's no pulse that he removed his knee! That's where intent comes in. Someone tells the dude has no pulse, he still decides to continue holding him down. Did not even let up to confirm if there is a pulse or not. None of them! 

I didnt see that post. 

I almost posted something earlier in response to a different post about 10 bad cops 100 good cops that do nothing and so you have 110 bad cops. Was going to say no, then you have a union. 

No, they're not -- and police unions have become a bane of the left, even, when it comes to the criminal justice system in America. It's just that you don't hear it very often. 

Klobuchar should be interviewed and I hope they are grilling her about criminal justice record in Minnesota. She has probably contributed to some of the problems they have there.
It was asked of her...more of how it hurts her shot at BO...she declined to talk politics about it.

No it's not. It took almost 2 minutes after the other #### said there's no pulse that he removed his knee! That's where intent comes in. Someone tells the dude has no pulse, he still decides to continue holding him down. Did not even let up to confirm if there is a pulse or not. None of them! 
You're always in the death threads. What is it about your psychological makeup that causes this sort of nightmarish and macabre outlook on all things once living? 

There's a car burning by an ATM at the Wells Fargo near the 5th Precinct. Hopefully it doesn't escalate too much. Might not be much longer before we see the police move in.

I didnt see that post. 

I agree that Unions are bad at weeding out the bad apples. It's contrary to their goal of trying to help all of their members. I don't think it's the union element  that is the root cause of the conflict and lack of criminal consequences. 

The job is the prosecutor is to bring charges they feel they can get a conviction on. Good luck getting a grand jury to all agree it was premeditated. 

1. They want him charged with first degree murder. 
2. They want the other policemen charged and arrested as well. 
3. But more than anything else, they’re frustrated not with this one case but because they believe it’s so representative and commonplace, and these protests are an emotional way to express their frustration. 
It wasn't first degree murder.  It's murder and I'm fine if the cop gets the death penalty but it wasn't first degree murder.

:mellow:   

That is a really strange take on her post.   :unsure:
It's the body of work, not the individual post. I can't think of a thread she's in that isn't about death of some sort. She claims it's because people were rude to her and so she sticks to RIP threads, but this seems like it doesn't fit that. Nor does the COVID thread. It seems like she has a morbid fascination with death that we're subject to if we're at all attuned to her history. 

The job is the prosecutor is to bring charges they feel they can get a conviction on. Good luck getting a grand jury to all agree it was premeditated. 
Or the tactic is to go for what can be argued and if it won't fly, you go down. Murder 2 fits. We'll see. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread