Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

Just now, rockaction said:

You're always in the death threads. What is it about your psychological makeup that causes this sort of nightmarish and macabre outlook on all things once living? 

:mellow:  

That is a really strange take on her post.  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I didnt see that post. 

I almost posted something earlier in response to a different post about 10 bad cops 100 good cops that do nothing and so you have 110 bad cops. Was going to say no, then you have a union. 

Unions arent exactly known for weeding out bad apples. 

I agree that Unions are bad at weeding out the bad apples. It's contrary to their goal of trying to help all of their members. I don't think it's the union element  that is the root cause of the conflict and lack of criminal consequences. 

4 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

No it's not. It took almost 2 minutes after the other #### said there's no pulse that he removed his knee! That's where intent comes in. Someone tells the dude has no pulse, he still decides to continue holding him down. Did not even let up to confirm if there is a pulse or not. None of them! 

The job is the prosecutor is to bring charges they feel they can get a conviction on. Good luck getting a grand jury to all agree it was premeditated. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, timschochet said:

1. They want him charged with first degree murder. 
2. They want the other policemen charged and arrested as well. 
3. But more than anything else, they’re frustrated not with this one case but because they believe it’s so representative and commonplace, and these protests are an emotional way to express their frustration. 

It wasn't first degree murder.  It's murder and I'm fine if the cop gets the death penalty but it wasn't first degree murder.

• Like 2

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

It wasn't first degree murder.  It's murder and I'm fine if the cop gets the death penalty but it wasn't first degree murder.

Well, MN doesn’t have the death penalty.

1 minute ago, Stuart_Little said:

Rep. Tony Lovasco (MO-64)@tonylovasco

Looters deserve to be shot.

But not by government.

#2a

Thats a representative?  Awful

• Love 1

Just now, squistion said:

It's the body of work, not the individual post. I can't think of a thread she's in that isn't about death of some sort. She claims it's because people were rude to her and so she sticks to RIP threads, but this seems like it doesn't fit that. Nor does the COVID thread. It seems like she has a morbid fascination with death that we're subject to if we're at all attuned to her history. 

• Like 1

Kmart getting looted, WellsFargo on fire....nothing to see here. Sleep well governor. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, facook said:

Fox showing looters.  CNN interviewing Klobuchar.  lol

The agenda of media is never clearer. Fox News gleefully going over to find all the hot spots in the country. CNN trying to justify it all. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Oh good, Cuomo humping the microphone in defense of the looters.

• Laughing 1

Who is watching CNN? What the hell are they doing?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

The job is the prosecutor is to bring charges they feel they can get a conviction on. Good luck getting a grand jury to all agree it was premeditated. 

Or the tactic is to go for what can be argued and if it won't fly, you go down. Murder 2 fits. We'll see. 

Edited by CurlyNight

Just now, GROOT said:

"gentleman".  Defending the looters.

Just now, GROOT said:

Yeah, weird to grab a random person on the street.

Those guys they grabbed for CNN at the Precinct were not a good choice, lol. Don't know that Noor was charged with the same stuff -- "free Noor" -- he killed a person too and should be where he is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mcintyre1 said:

Yeah, weird to grab a random person on the street.

Yeah not good when the kid has half a point then the free Noor yelling...its not good to just grab people like that.

No...they CNN was not justifying looting people.

I remember 20 years ago, I was a week away from my high school graduation and 3 days from my 18th birthday. I never ever could have predicted how messed up things would have become by 2020. This is like worst case scenario sci-fi movie life right now. 

6 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Again I’m not saying it was. But you asked why they’re still protesting. When they’re interviewed, what I wrote is the answers they are giving. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And the possibility that like many other  cases a conviction isn’t guaranteed at all.

Exactly Sho-spot on!! The prosecution waited until they had the initial autopsy results, they had statements, they had video and they made sure that what they could charge would stick. 

How many times have you seen the DA overreach and present a jury with charges they cannot convict? I am not sure of the laws for lesser included in Minnesota, but this office did it right and collected the facts and charged this guy with what they believe can be proven. He is looking at 25 years in prison, which is about 24 years and 364 days too long for a cop in prison. He is DOA on arrival unless he is in seg for life. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one watching this and thinking its too bad Rage Against the Machine had to bump their reunion tour back to next year?

Edited by Lehigh98

2 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Exactly Sho-spot on!! The prosecution waited until they had the initial autopsy results, they had statements, they had video and they made sure that what they could charge would stick. 

How many times have you seen the DA overreach and present a jury with charges they cannot convict? I am not sure of the laws for lesser included in Minnesota, but this office did it right and collected the facts and charged this guy with what they believe can be proven. He is looking at 25 years in prison, which is about 24 years and 364 days too long for a cop in prison. He is DOA on arrival unless he is in seg for life. 

If convicted, he'll be sent home with ankle jewelry because of covid. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, giantcookie said:

https://twitter.com/Surabees/status/1266569314158682119

12 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Pretty sure MN doesn’t have the death penalty; except for maybe ending a cop to prison.

Edited by Phil Elliott

People breaking into the Wells Fargo by the Precinct, bet we see a response soon.

Just now, CurlyNight said:

Come on Curly you are better than this!!  A murder conviction doesn't buy a furlough for Covid

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GROOT said:

Business and home owners should be allowed to sue CNN for damages at this point. I remember they did the same thing in Ferguson. It’s just incredible the damage this network has done to this country.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Has the Minneapolis Police Union made any public statements defending these cops? Is there any sign the union put up any legitimate resistance to the firing of every officer involved? I am curious about this. There was the false statement that the police initially made. Where did that come from? These bigger issues are so interesting. 

Struggling to link on phone (two posts already eaten), but here’s the head of the national Fraternal Order of Police condemning Chauvin’s actions.

From “Protesters in New Orleans, Louisiana law enforcement leaders condemn Minneapolis police killing”, Nola.com 5/29/020

Patrick Yoes, the national president of the Fraternal Order of Police and a former longtime St. Charles Parish sheriff’s deputy, also appeared to condemn the police treatment of Floyd — saying his “tragic death this week shocked and horrified our nation” — in a statement that broke with the union leadership’s pattern of giving its full-throated support to officers involved in controversial on-duty killings.

“Based on the bystander’s video of this incident, we witnessed a man in distress pleading for help,” said Yoes,, adding that “we must ensure that justice is served, whatever the consequences.”

Edited by Doug B
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

0% chance.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

Really? Whatever. Ignore can be one's best friend..

3 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Business and home owners should be allowed to sue CNN for damages at this point. I remember they did the same thing in Ferguson. It’s just incredible the damage this network has done to this country.

Chris Cuomo joined the looting?  Video posted anywhere?

1 minute ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Post office on fire. @mcintyre1 

let me know when it’s time. 

Time for what? 

Sounds like the State Police will be moving in on 5th precinct to make arrests soon. Stream I was watching died.

2 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

People breaking into the Wells Fargo by the Precinct, bet we see a response soon.

Its already burning...

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Time for what? 

Time to do your job. Clear the streets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Post office on fire. @mcintyre1 

let me know when it’s time. 

I think it has reached that point

Just now, mcintyre1 said:

I think it has reached that point

Should have been done at 8 like it was supposed to. You obviously disagree, but the leadership is looking terrible here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Courtjester said:

Come on Curly you are better than this!!  A murder conviction doesn't buy a furlough for Covid

We'll see. Nothing would surprise me. The coroner's report imo is setting up a defense of he had preexisting conditions. The way it was written imo makes me think it's the police who hired him. I don't know. Too many times we've been surprised. I wouldn't be. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I really admire/fear for the FoxNews guy....wow, the balls on this guy....

Just now, CurlyNight said:

We'll see. Nothing would surprise me. The coroner's report imo is setting up a defense of he had preexisting conditions. The way it was written imo makes me think it's the police who hired him. I don't know. Too many times we've been surprised. I wouldn't be. I hope I'm wrong.

Just stop. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cjw_55106 said:

Time to do your job. Clear the streets. 

I hear you, but it's such a dangerous situation. The country is a little weak right now. An isolated issue in Minneapolis can be dealt with. A trigger incident could cause much bigger  protests in other cities. They need to negotiate with the crowd. Not that sure what kind of promises they have left to offer? 

Just now, Cjw_55106 said:

Just stop. 

Let's be honest, I don't know all the details so I could wrong, but it would probably be a State forensic person doing the results. Floyd's family has hired a private autopsy be ordered.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I didnt see that post. 

I almost posted something earlier in response to a different post about 10 bad cops 100 good cops that do nothing and so you have 110 bad cops. Was going to say no, then you have a union. 

Unions arent exactly known for weeding out bad apples. 

I mean the union is made up of its members. Its not some anonymous things that exists outside of the cops.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Just stop. 

Stop what. The family is smart to demand an independent coroner to review the case. 

Edited by CurlyNight
  • Like 2