What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (4 Viewers)

The dude on CNN getting interviewed a couple min ago:  “they were trying to flank us.”   Must have just been watching Saving Private Ryan or something.

I’m glad to see the local MN station I am watching is expressing disbelief in the way this was being ignored by law enforcement. 

I'm a born & raised Minnesotan. There's really two Minnesota's - Metro area and out-state with the former dominating politics since I can remember (and let's be honest, way before that).
Since 1979 there has been 20 years of republican governors, 17 years of DFL governors, and 4 years of WWF governors

But yes, the state legislature has been overwhelmingly democrat, as has city politics

Since 1979 there has been 20 years of republican governors, 17 years of DFL governors, and 4 years of WWF governors

But yes, the state legislature has been overwhelmingly democrat, as has city politics
Can we all agree the Hogan years were the best? 

Yeah, I should have stuck with the local level angle. Minneapolis city council is 12-1 in favor of DFL with the 1 being a Greenie.

As far as I can tell, Hennepin County commissioners are all DFL except for, kind of surprisingly, Jeff Johnson (Republican candidate for governor).

Tweet from the Minnesota Department of Public Safety: "350 troopers and officers are on the ground near the Fifth Precinct in Minneapolis to clear the area and enforce the curfew."

Okay, we're getting somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I should have stuck with the local level angle. Minneapolis city council is 12-1 in favor of DFL with the 1 being a Greenie.

As far as I can tell, Hennepin County commissioners are all DFL except for, kind of surprisingly, Jeff Johnson (Republican candidate for governor).
I’m not sure what this has to do with anything.

This has everything to do with governance. I would think that's self-evident.
Let's imagine a world where the governor and mayor and city council are republicans.

Is George Floyd still dead?

Are the police officers arrested?

Are there still riots?

I don't have any answers Andy, and I am skeptical that anyone does. You seem to be arguing that DFL is bad, and republican leadership would have stopped all this and we would be in some sort of utopia

Let's imagine a world where the governor and mayor and city council are republicans.

Are there still riots?

I don't have any answers Andy, and I am skeptical that anyone does. You seem to be arguing that DFL is bad, and republican leadership would have stopped all this and we would be in some sort of utopia
I don’t know that anything changes, but tonight, the mayor and governor did a terrible job. 

Are there still riots?

I'm not implying that either. I wouldn't like that either as a lot of the people on "my team" drive me just as crazy.

I am saying that Minnesota politics is under the near complete authority of one worldview. And that is clearly not operating to specifications. 

How things are here is more due to who's in charge here than what some dope in the White House tweets about.

Uhhhh...what's this now?

The Pentagon has taken the rare step of putting military police on alert to come to Minneapolis, the Associated Press. Mayor Frey tweeted that more resources are being sent downtown. 

Uhhhh...what's this now?

The Pentagon has taken the rare step of putting military police on alert to come to Minneapolis, the Associated Press. Mayor Frey tweeted that more resources are being sent downtown. 
Basically if you can’t handle your business, we’ll handle it for you. 

I don't think I can do this for another night, so I'm gonna check out for a bit. Sad to see the fires continue as it got later. Downtown protest and the initial protests on Lake were peaceful and the #######s breaking stuff won out again. Hope that loss of life is low or non-existent by the morning.

Exactly!! This is an absolute nightmare for Dems at this point. You have a President who has bungled a pandemic and makes gaffe after gaffe and now he gets this absolute gift dropped into his lap. 

God/Alah/Zeus hates the Democrats.
Really? Trump closed off travel into our country as early as one could expect with China and WHO covering up the virus.

in regards to g-20 only Italy and Australia preceded the United States in imposing travel restrictions — though they were announced the same day 

I don't think I can do this for another night, so I'm gonna check out for a bit. Sad to see the fires continue as it got later. Downtown protest and the initial protests on Lake were peaceful and the #######s breaking stuff won out again. Hope that loss of life is low or non-existent by the morning.
Don't let it get you too down. I still believe the overwhelming (and I mean overwhelming)  number of people in our country think cops killing people is a bad thing, stealing is bad, and just want their neighbors to be safe even if they may disagree politically, economically, and spiritually.

Yep went and got drunk at the neighbors fire the last 5 hours to check out.   Pretty much exactly my worse thoughts when I turned on the tv.   So sad for the twin cities, love that place.  Burned down a police station last night and this is the answer the next night. And this will go on for days, Just putting the nail in the coffin for all those struggling businesses, unbelievable.   

Crazy that the Cop that killed him and Floyd worked together as security at the same club

ETA: Not 20 years ago, in the past year

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread