Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, the moops said:

Thanks

Any guess why the hell he feels the need to fire upon a news crew? WTF?

Did you see the tweet with the video?...

"It’s almost like, I don’t know, Americans been told several times a week for 3.5 years that reporters are the enemies of the people."

Edited by Lehigh98
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, the moops said:

Thanks

Any guess why the hell he feels the need to fire upon a news crew? WTF?

Trying to give people more reason to hate and distrust the police??

Edited by Galileo

State Police just issued a warning to disperse or be arrested outside the Precinct. 

What is going on tonight has nothing to do with the death of Floyd--just an embarrassment to his loss of life. 

What I did find amusing in all this nonsense--is the fat, white, middle aged guy coming out of the liquor store with the case of liquor and he climbs into his car and Fox pans in tight into his license plate. Just had to find a laugh in all this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Unclear what this means, but apparently it was broadcast on a police scanner. 

Jonathan Allen @jonallendc

“Three officers down” at 17th and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, according to DC Fire and EMS band. No word yet on what precisely that means. That’s the closest public corner to the NW edge of the White House.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

I'm a born & raised Minnesotan. There's really two Minnesota's - Metro area and out-state with the former dominating politics since I can remember (and let's be honest, way before that).

The state, Hennepin county, and MSP city governments are all controlled/dominated by one political party (okay, there's a three vote difference for the other party in the Senate).

At what point do is it reasonable to expect those involved to engage in some soul searching and decide they might need to entertain some different ideas?

National Guard out again with Fire Department putting out the fires that escalated around the 5th Precinct.

At 11:24 Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey tweeted asking for people to clear out and let firefighter fight blazes.

I wonder why nobody listened.

At 11:40, the governor tweets asking for people to obey the 8pm curfew. Thanks for this. We couldn’t have done it without you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

At 11:24 Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey tweeted asking for people to clear out and let firefighter fight blazes.

Did he issue a stern warning or just make a polite request?

• Laughing 1

Fox News should probably stop the protester interviews.  😆

59 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I got suspended once for posting that.

Hmmm.

How about...

WOW!

Or Holy crap!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Did he issue a stern warning or just make a polite request?

Well he couldn't very well one up the governor with his "I urge residents to comply with 8pm curfew and go home immediately." now could he?

"Time to go home folks...we've been urged!" :kicksrock:

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Absurd.  Does this dude have kids?  Empty threats, bad parenting 101.   Either make a curfew & enforce it......or don’t set the curfew in the first place.  Not exactly rocket science.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Well he couldn't very well one up the governor with his "I urge residents to comply with 8pm curfew and go home immediately." now could he?

Fair point. There’s a hierarchy here. 

The dude on CNN getting interviewed a couple min ago:  “they were trying to flank us.”   Must have just been watching Saving Private Ryan or something.

I’m glad to see the local MN station I am watching is expressing disbelief in the way this was being ignored by law enforcement. 

At the end of the day-- this is just fodder for Trump reelection campaign videos....

• Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'm a born & raised Minnesotan. There's really two Minnesota's - Metro area and out-state with the former dominating politics since I can remember (and let's be honest, way before that).

Since 1979 there has been 20 years of republican governors, 17 years of DFL governors, and 4 years of WWF governors

But yes, the state legislature has been overwhelmingly democrat, as has city politics

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

At the end of the day-- this is just fodder for Trump reelection campaign videos....

Which will only resonate with his hardened base.

Just now, the moops said:

Since 1979 there has been 20 years of republican governors, 17 years of DFL governors, and 4 years of WWF governors

But yes, the state legislature has been overwhelmingly democrat, as has city politics

Can we all agree the Hogan years were the best? 

Yeah, I should have stuck with the local level angle. Minneapolis city council is 12-1 in favor of DFL with the 1 being a Greenie.

As far as I can tell, Hennepin County commissioners are all DFL except for, kind of surprisingly, Jeff Johnson (Republican candidate for governor).

7 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Can we all agree the Hogan years were the best? 

You know that's not a typo right?

Posted (edited)

Tweet from the Minnesota Department of Public Safety: "350 troopers and officers are on the ground near the Fifth Precinct in Minneapolis to clear the area and enforce the curfew."

Okay, we're getting somewhere.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

9 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Law & Order, Nixon redivivus. 

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Yeah, I should have stuck with the local level angle. Minneapolis city council is 12-1 in favor of DFL with the 1 being a Greenie.

As far as I can tell, Hennepin County commissioners are all DFL except for, kind of surprisingly, Jeff Johnson (Republican candidate for governor).

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Alex P Keaton said:

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything.

This has everything to do with governance. I would think that's self-evident.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

What’s the O/U on the Minneapolis Mayor resigning/forced out, Sunday 12pm? What a complete clown my god.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lehigh98 said:

You know that's not a typo right?

🤣 yes, it was a joke. 

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Let's imagine a world where the governor and mayor and city council are republicans.

Is George Floyd still dead?

Are the police officers arrested?

Are there still riots?

I don't have any answers Andy, and I am skeptical that anyone does. You seem to be arguing that DFL is bad, and republican leadership would have stopped all this and we would be in some sort of utopia

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

What’s the O/U on the Minneapolis Mayor resigning/forced out, Sunday 12pm? What a complete clown my god.

Can you put an O/U on zero percent? 

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Law & Order, Nixon redivivus. 

Exactly!! This is an absolute nightmare for Dems at this point. You have a President who has bungled a pandemic and makes gaffe after gaffe and now he gets this absolute gift dropped into his lap. 

God/Alah/Zeus hates the Democrats.

1 minute ago, the moops said:

Let's imagine a world where the governor and mayor and city council are republicans.

Are there still riots?

I don't have any answers Andy, and I am skeptical that anyone does. You seem to be arguing that DFL is bad, and republican leadership would have stopped all this and we would be in some sort of utopia

I don’t know that anything changes, but tonight, the mayor and governor did a terrible job. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Courtjester said:

Exactly!! This is an absolute nightmare for Dems at this point. You have a President who has bungled a pandemic and makes gaffe after gaffe and now he gets this absolute gift dropped into his lap. 

Huh, even Nixon never saw tear gas at the White House.

• Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Was coming here to post this, this is outrageous why would this guy want to lead?

This whole thing is gonna play like a commercial for trump, how do you abandon your city? 

• Like 1

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Huh, even Nixon never saw tear gas at the White House.

Come on SID, a few hundred people outside the White House isn't earth shaking and is far outweighed by the images of people carrying cases of liquor and the looting of an Autozone. This is opportunism and has nothing to do with Floyd. This plays right into Trump's hands

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Are there still riots?

I'm not implying that either. I wouldn't like that either as a lot of the people on "my team" drive me just as crazy.

I am saying that Minnesota politics is under the near complete authority of one worldview. And that is clearly not operating to specifications. 

How things are here is more due to who's in charge here than what some dope in the White House tweets about.

Just now, Smack Tripper said:

Was coming here to post this, this is outrageous why would this guy want to lead?

This whole thing is gonna play like a commercial for trump, how do you abandon your city? 

Netflix marathon, a good book, fly fishing.....lots of things to keep you busy. 

11 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What is “this”?   Lack of police presence?  Looting?  Protesting systemic racism?

Uhhhh...what's this now?

The Pentagon has taken the rare step of putting military police on alert to come to Minneapolis, the Associated Press. Mayor Frey tweeted that more resources are being sent downtown. 

1 minute ago, Alex P Keaton said:

What is “this”?   Lack of police presence?  Looting?  Protesting systemic racism?

Yes. Yes. No.

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

Uhhhh...what's this now?

The Pentagon has taken the rare step of putting military police on alert to come to Minneapolis, the Associated Press. Mayor Frey tweeted that more resources are being sent downtown. 

Basically if you can’t handle your business, we’ll handle it for you. 

• Like 1

I don't think I can do this for another night, so I'm gonna check out for a bit. Sad to see the fires continue as it got later. Downtown protest and the initial protests on Lake were peaceful and the #######s breaking stuff won out again. Hope that loss of life is low or non-existent by the morning.

• Sad 2

Just now, kodycutter said:

Jeez, some of those homeowners better move their cars soon.

They would like to, but you know, there is a curfew. 

6 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

God/Alah/Zeus hates the Democrats.

Really? Trump closed off travel into our country as early as one could expect with China and WHO covering up the virus.

in regards to g-20 only Italy and Australia preceded the United States in imposing travel restrictions — though they were announced the same day 

• Laughing 2