What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (9 Viewers)

For those wanting a feed of what is going on in LA, CBSN is the streaming news service of CBS, and they have a dedicated LA feed. It's an app like Netflix, Hulu, etc... The main CBSN channel is covering Minneapolis. 

ETA: I'm watching it with the PlutoTV app. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not exactly the truth. You start hopping fences at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue I'm guaranteeing you that you better hope it's JUST the dogs that get you.

And that's going to be true no matter who's the chief occupant of the place.
the secret service don't play

What’s the alternative, burn these cities down?

smh 
No...im not sure the alternative...but the “when the looting starts the shooting starts” was the first call back to racism...the dogs?  Do you think that was not something that would enrage people woth an knowledge of the history of civil rights?

Protesting and jumping the fence are two different things.  Do you not see the issue with the image of vicious dogs and the history of civil rights?
Friend, it's a literal truth. If you cross the WH security fence you're going to be met with literal attack dogs if you're not shot first.

He wasn't talking about opening the front door and letting the dogs out.

I completely understand that it's easy to assume the worst from him because, well, he really is the worst. But taking what he says without any context is not the right way to go, IMO. The truth is bad enough.

Somehow I don’t think the way to handle protests about police violence was to send a bunch of heavily armed police into a situation where they will almost surely have to clash with protestors. Not every problem can be solved by force. 

Somehow I don’t think the way to handle protests about police violence was to send a bunch of heavily armed police into a situation where they will almost surely have to clash with protestors. Not every problem can be solved by force. 
how long do you continue to allow the burning and destruction of police stations and everything else in sight? 

Not sure I see the easy answer to this you do. 

Friend, it's a literal truth. If you cross the WH security fence you're going to be met with literal attack dogs if you're not shot first.

He wasn't talking about opening the front door and letting the dogs out.

I completely understand that it's easy to assume the worst from him because, well, he really is the worst. But taking what he says without any context is not the right way to go, IMO. The truth is bad enough.
Nobody crossed that fence...his tweet did not mention the fence.

Its not assuming the worst...its seeing phrases that he has used that do nothing but fan the flame.  Its not all about him...I know this and have not even inferred that.  But i disagree with claims that he has simply called for peace.  All of his words show a different story

Nobody crossed that fence...his tweet did not mention the fence.

Its not assuming the worst...its seeing phrases that he has used that do nothing but fan the flame.  Its not all about him...I know this and have not even inferred that.  But i disagree with claims that he has simply called for peace.  All of his words show a different "story
"Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would....have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least."

:shrug:

how long do you continue to allow the burning and destruction of police stations and everything else in sight? 

Not sure I see the easy answer to this you do. 
it’s not easy and I don’t have a surefire solution but before the station was burned down, the cops were involved in a series of altercation with protesters. Cops tear gassing the crowds and pushing people around was sure to escalate the situation. 

I'm not painting "the right" as racists. I'm saying that the racists in this country are likely damn near 100% Trump supporters. Police and civil servants also support him. He knows it. If he condemns systemic racism in law enforcement, he acknowledges that it exists. If he does that, he instantly turns off a lot of his supporters.  It's a lot easier to blame liberal mayors and governors for not squashing uprisings. 
You're ridiculous and have really polluted this thread.

I'm not painting "the right" as racists. I'm saying that the racists in this country are likely damn near 100% Trump supporters. Police and civil servants also support him. He knows it. If he condemns systemic racism in law enforcement, he acknowledges that it exists. If he does that, he instantly turns off a lot of his supporters.  It's a lot easier to blame liberal mayors and governors for not squashing uprisings. 
The guy running against Trump was trying to dictate who is and who isn't black.   Just stop.

My friend who lives near Miami said he could hear the protests and riots from his house. We have to figure out how to stop innocent people from dying at the hands of bad cops, so these protests have less opportunity to turn into riots by sowers of chaos.

In Mpls a local  news photographer from CBS affiliate WCCO hit by a rubber bullet and arrested. Had a media badge. That goes with the territory I guess. 
Amazing how the protesters tonight feel that they have the right to be out past the curfew because they were protesting peacefully. Gov Walz made it quite clear they would tolerate no one out on the street after the curfew. Law enforcement stormed into the middle of the protesters marching and dispersed with tear gas which really broke things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would....have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least."

:shrug:
Did you read the rest of it? And previous tweets?

Do you really think the call to vicious dogs was not intentional?

In Mpls a local  news photographer from CBS affiliate WCCO hit by a rubber bullet and arrested. Had a media badge. That goes with the territory I guess. 
Amazing how the protesters tonight feel that they have the right to be out past the curfew because they were protesting peacefully. Gov Walz made it quite clear they would tolerate no one out on the street after the curfew. Law enforcement stormed into the middle of the protesters marching and dispersed with tear gas which really broke things up.
Civil disobedience...peaceful...and those not being peaceful and civil don’t care about curfew.

They're showing people trying to break the cash register at coffee bean. It's all young people. They need to arrest these clowns. Now they're lighting trees on fire.
I did notice so many last night and in the midst of the worst tonight have trended in the young side.

Did you read the rest of it? And previous tweets?

Do you really think the call to vicious dogs was not intentional?
Fine, I'll put the whole thing in here.

"Great job last night at the White House by the U.S.

@SecretService

. They were not only totally professional, but very cool. I was inside, watched every move, and couldn’t have felt more safe. They let the “protesters” scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone....got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard - didn’t know what hit them. The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would....have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least. Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. “We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it, and......good practice.” As you saw last night, they were very cool & very professional. Never let it get out of hand. Thank you! On the bad side, the D.C. Mayor,

@MurielBowser

, who is always looking for money & help, wouldn’t let the D.C. Police get involved. “Not their job.” Nice!"

Sorry man. I genuinely believe that, in this case, you're reading into this something that isn't there.

Anyone trying to make this about Trump just needs to stop. Can we have one Thread that isn't about it him.  The issues at play here are SO much bigger.  Let’s not pollute this extraordinary important situation with the same ole pro/anti Trump BS.  Please.  

Users who are viewing this thread