What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (6 Viewers)

No you don’t 
A lot better than you do. The 500+ Antifa group was run off, so far.  300 regular protesters working working their way through the city peacefully, so far. Several dozen black youths take advantage of the situation by breaking into the Bellevue Mall for free stuff.  It is what it is.  

St Paul Mayor already said yesterday morning that he was wrong, blamed inaccurate information given to him by police. Walz also said that he was incorrect as the real numbers came in.
The mayor said it because he wanted to give his people the benefit of the doubt. Trump and his supporters are saying it because it provides an easy scapegoat instead of dealing with the real issues involved. Big difference; let’s not conflate the two. 

I read that the stretch of I35 was closed down, but what does that mean? How obvious was it? Did he have to drive through a barricade? Cops physically stopping traffic?

It appears his original intent was to drive though the crowd, but he also stopped pretty quick.  Hard to tell.

A lot better than you do. The 500+ Antifa group was run off, so far.  300 regular protesters working working their way through the city peacefully, so far. Several dozen black youths take advantage of the situation by breaking into the Bellevue Mall for free stuff.  It is what it is.  
You have no way of knowing if any of those black youths belong to BLM. I doubt they do. I also doubt the Antifa group was 500+. I think you’re spewing a lot of hateful crap. Just my opinion. 

The mayor said it because he wanted to give his people the benefit of the doubt. Trump and his supporters are saying it because it provides an easy scapegoat instead of dealing with the real issues involved. Big difference; let’s not conflate the two. 
To be honest, it seems like the administration was trying to give people the benefit of the doubt. How does it affect Trump who is protesting? If anything, people here have tried to defend the protests, saying a few bad actors who were out of town are the ones who get their narrative burst. 

To be honest, it seems like the administration was trying to give people the benefit of the doubt. How does it affect Trump who is protesting? If anything, people here have tried to defend the protests, saying a few bad actors who were out of town are the ones who get their narrative burst. 
When Trump does it, he’s saying “Here is this evil group that the liberals are too weak to stop, look at them coddling up to the protestors! I’m the law and order guy who will put a stop to it.” I

When Trump does it, he’s saying “Here is this evil group that the liberals are too weak to stop, look at them coddling up to the protestors! I’m the law and order guy who will put a stop to it.” I
I guess. I don't care much for what he says so I guess that plays to his base? To be honest, I think the fact that it is local folks actually hurts people defending these protests more. Clearly, it isn't some underground movement from out of the area. So it's folks burning their own neighborhoods down and likely the same folks part of the 'peaceful protests.' For me, it is more justification to crack down on the protests as a whole. 

Tim I think we are in agreement that the folks rioting are in the wrong correct?   
They’re being thugs. They’re behaving badly. They deserve to be arrested and face jail time. 
But I have strong doubts they’re part of any organized effort, and I also doubt they’re evil. They’re young kids who are pissed off and excited. 

"Deadpool xxxxxxxx" where xxxxxxx is just about any noun, will result in an image of some Deadpool xxxxxxxx shirt or meme

Last edited by a moderator:
They’re being thugs. They’re behaving badly. They deserve to be arrested and face jail time. 
But I have strong doubts they’re part of any organized effort, and I also doubt they’re evil. They’re young kids who are pissed off and excited. 
All I care about is stopping the unnecessary looting and violence.  The peaceful protests are justified.  Cops who killed Floyd need to be held accountable.  Should be 2nd degree murder for kneeler imo.

Police arresting ~100 peaceful protesters at Bobby and Steve's car wash along I-35. Police slowly encircled them with tear gas, the group eventually gathered in the center and sat down to wait to be arrested in a civil disobedience fashion. No resistance from the protesters at the moment.

Went to the lake yesterday and checked out on the news for a day, was very nice.   Just got home, looks like today/tonight is when the real fighting and looting is going to happen.    That looting in broad daylight in Santa Monica looked crazy.  

Do the Right Thing remains the best explanation I have ever seen of how an ordinary young black man, minding his own business, can turn into a rioter. 
I don't know man. Justifying this behavior seems to play right into Trump supporters hands. Watching the local stuff in Boston, this is sickening. Throwing bricks, bottles and frozen water bottles at police isn't acceptable. And quite frankly, even if you're peacefully protesting at night, you're part of the problem. If this is the response, then you lose the moral high ground or any real discussion of what is wrong. 

I don't know man. Justifying this behavior seems to play right into Trump supporters hands. Watching the local stuff in Boston, this is sickening. Throwing bricks, bottles and frozen water bottles at police isn't acceptable. And quite frankly, even if you're peacefully protesting at night, you're part of the problem. If this is the response, then you lose the moral high ground or any real discussion of what is wrong. 
Yea that Boston PD looks totally out numbered and in a bad spot.  

Users who are viewing this thread