Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

Anyone find it odd that cnn has 

“#ICantBreathe“

in the bottom right corner of the screen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

“#ICantBreathe“

It's one big infomercial. It's not news.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Looks like the regular (real) protesters and now being allowed to have their gathering, different speakers trading off talking to the much smaller crowd now.  Pretty cool, except the audio is of Dirkin instead of reporters on the ground, I'd like to hear some confirmation of what I'm seeing.  

From what I was seeing this was what was happening most of the day yesterday as well until the end of the day.

It’s super frustrating that a small number of people ruin anything good that would come out of this.

Not sure how this can be fixed, there’s no perfect answer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Democrats dipping back into the Russian well apparently. It’s a bold strategy-

Almost as bold as he right accusing Hillary Clinton of selling the Russians all of our uranium? :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, The General said:

This is how this is a no-win situation. If you allow crowds and a tiny amount of jackasses intermingle in the protest it turns ugly.

So we are left with allow protest and wait for the inevitable or keep people from gathering. 

And if the cops don't step in, people wonder what they're doing but if they do step in, people complain about their tactics. I also presume these folks won't exactly get arrested peacefully. 

I feel like the best bet is to allow protesting during daylight hours and they can do that peacefully but curfews aren't suggested and protests end at dusk with locking up anyone who is out. With coronavirus, even less reason for anyone to be out at night. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

“#ICantBreathe“

That's the name of their 2 hour program this evening

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So awesome to see a second row of soldiers in army camo standing right behind the line of police officers.  

• Like 1

Again mentions of a "credible threat" from the FBI toward MN National Guard from earlier this week. Also say that they are finding "caches of incendiaries" being found around the city, both in cars and in locations. Really hope we get insight into who placed these caches and who was driving these cars.

• Like 2

SIAP, but in regard to the video last night of the APD tazing two people in a car that was just driving by- 2 cops have been fired for excessive force. 

• Love 1

MN DPS says they believe tanker truck was already on the interstate, did not run any barricades. Emphasize that this doesn't absolve driver of attempting to drive through crowd. Says "if he was stuck on the interstate, he should have stopped or contacted us for assistance to get off the interstate." Driver is under arrest after having been released from hospital. 

• Like 1

My 25 year old daughter lives in Mpls and was attending the peaceful protest where the truck tried running into the protesters. She said it was the most terrifying moment of her life. She saw the truck and while  she didn't notice, her friends saw the truck drive over people and is sure people were killed. She saw the protesters break into the truck and pull the driver out. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

And if the cops don't step in, people wonder what they're doing but if they do step in, people complain about their tactics. I also presume these folks won't exactly get arrested peacefully. 

I feel like the best bet is to allow protesting during daylight hours and they can do that peacefully but curfews aren't suggested and protests end at dusk with locking up anyone who is out. With coronavirus, even less reason for anyone to be out at night. 

Something like this after we see that it’s turned into a mess on a previous day. I’d think most people can agree that something needs to be done and it won’t be a perfect scenario where everyone is happy. 

There’s not enough cops to enforce a curfew so it seems like they have to focus on a few areas.

Just a ####show and another example of how fragile our way of life really is. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

A black friend of mine from grad school posted something in reply to the question: "but what can I do."  Thought it was probably the most level-headed and practical response I've seen yet so thought I'd share it.  He's a really good dude and don't remember him going political before this:

I don't mean to come across as being blasé but all that sounded like to me is "To fight racism be anti-racist". 

He said, "actively participate in fixing the inequities left behind by their parents, grandparents, and ancestors." That's the rub. Actively participate HOW?

2 minutes ago, lazyike said:

her friends saw the truck drive over people and is sure people were killed. 

I don’t think this is correct

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lazyike said:

My 25 year old daughter lives in Mpls and was attending the peaceful protest where the truck tried running into the protesters. She said it was the most terrifying moment of her life. She saw the truck and while  she didn't notice, her friends saw the truck drive over people and is sure people were killed. She saw the protesters break into the truck and pull the driver out. 

Glad to hear your daughter wasn’t hurt. Pretty crazy to see on TV, can’t imagine being in the ground there.

Just from the tiny bit I saw the trucker didn’t plow into people he was trying to drive down that section of road like an idiot but not trying to mow people down.

18 minutes ago, GROOT said:

It's one big infomercial. It's not news.

Fox news is the same. Stop with this one sided derision. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

32 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Democrats dipping back into the Russian well apparently. It’s a bold strategy-

Republicans dipping back into the Antifa well apparently. It’s a bold strategy- 

Whats the difference? 

5 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I don’t think this is correct

I am hearing the same at the news briefing. It doesn't appear anyone was killed. I am just saying that is what her friends thought.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Again mentions of a "credible threat" from the FBI toward MN National Guard from earlier this week. Also say that they are finding "caches of incendiaries" being found around the city, both in cars and in locations. Really hope we get insight into who placed these caches and who was driving these cars.

A reporter followed up on this and directly asked "are these groups right-wing extremists -- or antifa?" etc. MN DPS chief said that while he has heard lots of rumors and has been contact by lots of people saying "have you heard x" he has received no information about these groups being involved. Makes me really wonder what the "credible threat" from the FBI is, then. 

46 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

A black friend of mine from grad school posted something in reply to the question: "but what can I do."  Thought it was probably the most level-headed and practical response I've seen yet so thought I'd share it.  He's a really good dude and don't remember him going political before this:

What a terrible response.  Saying Trump is a racist shows his ignorance.

• Laughing 4

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Whats the difference? 

Evidence

F 12. ACAB.  They leave their calling card. It's not that difficult to figure out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Whats the difference? 

Well for starters one is actually happening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Evidence

F 12. ACAB.  They leave their calling card. It's not that difficult to figure out.  

Ah yes, everyone knows that hip hop artists like Gucci Mane are notorious leaders of "ANTIFA"

Also, re: ACAB -- origins from 1970's, also a frequent tattoo of skinheads, both racist (14 88 - white supremacy markers) and non-racist variety.

Edited by mcintyre1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That's not how this works at all - 

@JimNelsonTV - Message from Cleveland police tonight: “No media is allowed downtown unless they are inside their place of business. Period.” @CLEpolice

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, whoknew said:

@JimNelsonTV - Message from Cleveland police tonight: “No media is allowed downtown unless they are inside their place of business. Period.” @CLEpolice

Yeah, uhh...I don't think you get to do that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lazyike said:

I am hearing the same at the news briefing. It doesn't appear anyone was killed. I am just saying that is what her friends thought.

actually, the truck driver looks like the victim in that, he stopped to avoid hitting anyone, and they pull him out and beat him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

They had a curfew starting at noon today.  They don't want anybody downtown. 

4 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Ah yes, everyone knows that hip hop artists like Gucci Mane are notorious leaders of "ANTIFA"

Also, re: ACAB -- origins from 1970's, also a frequent tattoo of skinheads, both racist (14 88 - white supremacy markers) and non-racist variety.

Hip Hop. :lmao:. Good one. 

You dont have a responsibility to stick up for left extremists you know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

He isn’t...he is directly refuting your claims.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, The General said:

Glad to hear your daughter wasn’t hurt. Pretty crazy to see on TV, can’t imagine being in the ground there.

Just from the tiny bit I saw the trucker didn’t plow into people he was trying to drive down that section of road like an idiot but not trying to mow people down.

It doesn't appear to me either...they may have just got caught up in the excitement. 

• Like 1

The local news is reporting no protesters were hurt by the truck driver

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I added a link. It is a very common thing in certain genres of rap music. Gucci Mane has a song titled explicitly that. Just do some basic googling to confirm it. I, a person who knows people who would identify as "antifa" had no idea why people were yelling "F 12." I had to google it on Wednesday.

6 minutes ago, giantcookie said:

actually, the truck driver looks like the victim in that, he stopped to avoid hitting anyone, and they pull him out and beat him

He was driving at a high speed as he approached the crowd. The Governor has said we intend to prosecute the driver to the fullest extent.

• Like 2

Just when you thought Seattle was going to escape free of damage tonight -  As Antifa was run off by the police and National Guard down town, some BLM thugs decide to break into the mall in Bellevue.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Where is the inciting violence tag thingy?

Account suspended

On Tuesday, I'm supposed to put 8 drivers in Rochester, three in "hood" stops to deliver half a million bucks in alcohol.

Tomorrow's going to be a fun day at work.

Just now, Gawain said:

On Tuesday, I'm supposed to put 8 drivers in Rochester, three in "hood" stops to deliver half a million bucks in alcohol.

Tomorrow's going to be a fun day at work.

Good luck.  Slow night so far, hope it stays that way.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone know if the photo circulating with cops raising a “thin blue line” flag is legit? That won’t help calm things down.

Edited by JbizzleMan

Just heard on the news that only 7% of claims of excessive force by police result in any kind of disciplinary action.

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Just when you thought Seattle was going to escape free of damage tonight -  As Antifa was run off by the police and National Guard down town, some BLM thugs decide to break into the mall in Bellevue.  

Can you just call people who loot thugs without referring to them as BLM or Antifa or anything else? You have no idea so why are you using these labels? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Can you just call people who loot thugs without referring to them as BLM or Antifa or anything else? You have no idea so why are you using these labels? 

75% of his posts contain leftist, extreme leftist, or something similar. 

Call me crazy but I think he has an agenda.

Edited by eoMMan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

A friends brother lives in downtown LA. Last night cops were turning on their lights to blind people recording from their apartments above while they were shooting rubber bullets and gas canisters.

20 minutes ago, lazyike said:

New video emerging where the driver continued driving right over several bikes and didn't stop. This truck stopped and then started moving again. I do own and drive semi trucks and know what it takes to stop 80,000 lbs. The state patrol has arrested and plans on pursuing criminal charges according to local news.

The bikes that protesters were throwing at his truck? 

• Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, beef said:

Yeah but that was the party line in Minnesota, with the new vaunted phrase "without evidence", I heard Atlantic City claiming the same today. 

People usually act where they know the lay of the land and are comfortable.  I'm willing to be proven wrong but to see that Mayor of St. Paul just lie yesterday,  is ridicudlous

8 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

What is the fascination to push the concept of these are "outside" people causing this? 

It’s been Donald Trump’s main theme since the moment he stepped off the escalator. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Smack Tripper said:

Yeah but that was the party line in Minnesota, with the new vaunted phrase "without evidence", I heard Atlantic City claiming the same today. 

People usually act where they know the lay of the land and are comfortable.  I'm willing to be proven wrong but to see that Mayor of St. Paul just lie yesterday,  is ridicudlous

That claim initially doesn't seem to be holding up

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/investigations/kare-11-investigates-records-show-arrests-mostly-minnesotans-as-george-floyd-protests-riots-continue-minneapolis-st-paul/89-73f3e0e8-0664-41d5-8d3e-4467d04da7cb

• Like 1