What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (4 Viewers)

Decent chance many of these young people watch that performance at the white house tonight, realize how insane some of these people are, and decide to do the rest of their protesting on twitter for a few weeks.

It's no fun downtown anymore so they are trying to move outward to the suburbs. Store owners with open carry standing guard.  They're a little more scared to gather up now, they know a lot of the police was just an empty threat.  

I’m totally shocked that one of the antifa accounts on Twitter was actually white nationalists.  Shocked, I say...

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

Be safe tonight folks, doesn't look like this violence isnt ending anytime soon

https://twitter.com/ANTIFA_US/status/1267184839339290625

If you havent bought a weapon yet for you and your family's safety what are you waiting for?
Same account that @giantcookie posted in this thread when it had a couple hundred followers and was a mere few hours old. Have to wonder what kind of social media he's consuming if he was so quickly suckered in by this.

Seattle King 5  - 30 seconds ago - Jenny Durkin telling them a lot if the vandalism was propagated by groups like Antifa. Not the peacefull protestors.

Duh. 

Well, looks like in the next few months we'll finally get to figure out if @timschochet's theory is right that the people are defenseless against it's own government. We already got the president in hiding. Not looking good for them.

I wouldn’t be so sure. I’m expecting the worst. I’m kind of fatalistic now about things. This country is far different from what I grew up thinking we were.  Now, we’re exceptional.

Had I a choice, I would have chosen a different country to grow up and live in. Probably Canada.
I got a late start on things but with no kids and a youngish, agreeable fiance I'm still portable. I'd never seriously considered leaving the country on a permanent basis, but there's a bunch of other countries that do America better than we do now. I'll be applying to doctoral programs this fall and have pretty much decided on the National University of Singapore over a bunch of better-known (to us) U.S. schools. Then it's off to Mauritius.

It didn't have to be this way, but then again maybe it did. In the MLK speech I posted a few days ago he talks about how the right to vote came cheap and the real test would be economic equality. I don't see how passing that test is possible at this point if it ever was.

It's funny in a not-funny kind of way to see the right-wingers throw "Russia!" around like some sort of punchline while we actively work to make ourselves less competitive as a country, being led around by the nose by those who benefit from our demise. We had a chance but we blew it and the world has moved on without us. America will be a second-tier country when the dust settles (though we might throw some military tantrums on the way down), and I'm not going to stick around to watch. I did my best but I'm not going down with the ship.

Looks like DeBlasio and Cuomo fumbled the ball tonight by not getting the National Guard out there.  NYPD massively outnumbered again.
It hasn't seemed that bad so far. (so far). They even stopped rioters in a best buy.

BTW for anyone interested.

This is the best place to watch an arbitrage of people one the front lines in each city without the news telling you what's going on.

https://www.twitch.tv/woke

Last edited by a moderator:
What stream? I saw it too but cops quickly bum rushed them and broke it up. 
Full blown now.    Protest is over Manhattan looting is on.

I commend DPD Chief James Craig again tonight he said.  We will support and walk hand in hand with peaceful protesters.  We will arrest anyone looting and causing damage or harm to our city or our police officers.  Hard to believe Detroit is more under control than most big cities.

Seattle King 5  - 30 seconds ago - Jenny Durkin telling them a lot if the vandalism was propagated by groups like Antifa. Not the peacefull protestors.

Duh. 
The best thing I can say about you is...you’re persistent with your agenda. Let’s break down your agenda a bit...

”Groups like...” Sure, Antifa could be one of those groups. So would the right wing, cockroach like groups, that the FBI has, for multiple years, identified as the #1 threat to the homeland. You know, the ones who have committed the most horrendous acts of domestic terrorism in our history.

We still don’t know who the external actors are. Could be the right wing scapegoat Antifa. Could be one of the numerous right wing militia groups. We don’t know. I remain skeptical that Antifa is a “thing”, at least to the level of “massive threat to the homeland”. You are simply engaging in right wing gaslighting.

Then again, I forget you are an independent 😂

Good article by conservative George Will. Its behind the NYT paywall so I'll just post a short summary paragraph - 

Those who think our unhinged president’s recent mania about a murder two decades ago that never happened represents his moral nadir have missed the lesson of his life: There is no such thing as rock bottom. So, assume that the worst is yet to come. Which implicates national security: Abroad, anti-Americanism sleeps lightly when it sleeps at all, and it is wide-awake as decent people judge our nation’s health by the character of those to whom power is entrusted.

DC getting rough again.

I cant implore you enough, don't get your news from mainstream media.

What people right in the middle or this stuff here: https://www.twitch.tv/woke - there is no bias, it's just people live streaming their experience with very little commentary 
To add:

You will see some scenes of peaceful protests, you will see large groups of african americans looting, you will see some antifa related stuff (look for Black AND Red colors), you will see some Caucasian thugs setting things on fire and inciting violence, you will some right wing violence, idiocy and rhetoric, you will see some police way over stepping and inciting stuff themselves.

When you can't trust the news OR the President anymore, we get to make our own opinions. I like using my eyes and ears to learn. 

Users who are viewing this thread