What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (2 Viewers)

Yesterday was a never ending stream of mostly black looters in philly. Not much commentary. 

Some white guys with bats threatening people and all of a sudden its on!
Why not just tell the truth? 

There's been like 50 pages of commentary between yesterday and today. Including almost everyone condemning violence and looting.

Yesterday was a never ending stream of mostly black looters in philly. Not much commentary. 

You serious Clark? There was a ton of commentary on looting. I commented how much I hated what was going on last night. But I also hate this sort of behavior. Is this really what I have to choose between?

I don't know what is right, but I'm pretty good at knowing what is wrong and a lot of that stuff seems wrong. 

Definitely

Yet some here are focused on a photo of some dudes standing around in Philly with ball bats lol. 

Don’t ever change PSF !
Its not just the photo...links were posted and if you  think that type of behavior will help things?

People can be against the looting and violence and also be against that type of vigilante behavior that is likely to make matters worse.

I got a late start on things but with no kids and a youngish, agreeable fiance I'm still portable. I'd never seriously considered leaving the country on a permanent basis, but there's a bunch of other countries that do America better than we do now. I'll be applying to doctoral programs this fall and have pretty much decided on the National University of Singapore over a bunch of better-known (to us) U.S. schools. Then it's off to Mauritius.

It didn't have to be this way, but then again maybe it did. In the MLK speech I posted a few days ago he talks about how the right to vote came cheap and the real test would be economic equality. I don't see how passing that test is possible at this point if it ever was.

It's funny in a not-funny kind of way to see the right-wingers throw "Russia!" around like some sort of punchline while we actively work to make ourselves less competitive as a country, being led around by the nose by those who benefit from our demise. We had a chance but we blew it and the world has moved on without us. America will be a second-tier country when the dust settles (though we might throw some military tantrums on the way down), and I'm not going to stick around to watch. I did my best but I'm not going down with the ship.
2020 was the year that the powers that be decided to shut down economic opportunities for minorities and instigate mass looting and pillaging of their communities while the upper class cheers it all on.  Good luck in Mauritius.

This is crazy to watch, and curfew isn’t even for an hour. De Blasio is terrible, but this is on Cuomo not listening to President Trump. 
Mayors and governors waited too long to act for fear. Now they have lost control of their streets and cities.

DPD Police Chief took control of Detroit while Governor Whitmer`s home town of Grand Rapid was getting destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You serious Clark? There was a ton of commentary on looting. I commented how much I hated what was going on last night. But I also hate this sort of behavior. Is this really what I have to choose between?

I don't know what is right, but I'm pretty good at knowing what is wrong and a lot of that stuff seems wrong. 
Speaking specific to philly. Pretty sure yesterday only shulaholic and myself said anything about philly. 

Mayors and governors waited too long to act for fear. Now they have lost control of their streets and cities.

DPD Police Chief took control of Detroit while Governor Whitmer`s home town of Grand Rapid was getting destroyed.
He's the chief who you said thought it was appropriate for one of his cops to beat the #### out of a citizen, right?

Why not just tell the truth? 

There's been like 50 pages of commentary between yesterday and today. Including almost everyone condemning violence and looting.
How many posts about philly? As for the bold why not make sure you know wtf you are talking about before sounding stupid. 

Can't remember who to credit 25-50 pages back, but CBSN is your best bet.  Page that has links to local feeds...dummies like you and me, low-paid news people reporting from the streets.  So much better than politically biased cable news on either side.

He said when a police officer is hit with a glass bottle in a "peaceful" protest he will respond..yes.
That's not what you wrote earlier. You wrote - 

"A Detroit cop beat the crap out of a protester on live local news Friday night.  When they asked Craig about he said 'The officer was hit with a bottle, and responded accordingly..next question'"

So he got hit with a bottle and then beat the crap out of the guy. Not arrested him. Not put him in handcuffs and took him to jail. Beat the crap out of him.

That seems like a pretty ####ty cop to me. And the fact that the Detroit police chief endorses this is ####### horrifying.

That's not what you wrote earlier. You wrote - 

"A Detroit cop beat the crap out of a protester on live local news Friday night.  When they asked Craig about he said 'The officer was hit with a bottle, and responded accordingly..next question'"

So he got hit with a bottle and then beat the crap out of the guy. Not arrested him. Not put him in handcuffs and took him to jail. Beat the crap out of him.

That seems like a pretty ####ty cop to me. And the fact that the Detroit police chief endorses this is ####### horrifying.
Oh no, the guy was arrested too.   And will be charged with assaulting a police officer.  Sorry I did that add that .

How many posts about philly? As for the bold why not make sure you know wtf you are talking about before sounding stupid. 
A lot

And I'm not the one who isn't being truthful. That's you. In this thread. With that post. To try to make a political point. #sad
Yeah, no.

Already more commentary about those guys with bats then there was all day yesterday about the complete chaos. Take away myself and shula and it is pretty much nothing.

I don't think it's a black and white thing as you say. Looters, vandals, rioters in dozens of major cities for days now. This is the first I've seen of civilian militia groups arming up to crack some skulls. I think that's the concern, not that they're "white guys." 

My brother is a sanitation worker in Manhattan. He said he feared for his life last night. He saw molotov cocktails being thrown and the streets smell like urine.

But yeah Trump is the bad guy calling for the military to protect the innocent. 
So just a regular Sunday night?  Seriously though, hope your brother stays safe. 

I guess I have to ask is throwing a glass bottle and hitting a police officer in a "riot" situation something you would do?  If I did that and got caught I deserved an ### whipping.
It is not something I would do.

And an ### whipping is not something the state should do.

Yeah, no.

Already more commentary about those guys with bats then there was all day yesterday about the complete chaos. Take away myself and shula and it is pretty much nothing.
I mean you're are seeming picking out one random city. I'm from Philly and I was heartbroken to see that. I'm just near Boston now so the local news was covering that. I think it's disingenuous to say that nobody called out the looters last night, then qualify it as saying nobody called out the looters last night in Philly.

My comments and distaste were directed at all looters and rioters. But taking baseball bats out deserve the same condemnation. 

They need to kill the cell service in Manhattan.  These guys are looting, moving before the police arrive, then collecting back at another store to rinse and repeat.

You see the guy in LA get chased down and tackled!??!? First cop was stride for stride out him, second cop came in and looked like he was shot out of a cannon....unbelievable speed!

Users who are viewing this thread