What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (3 Viewers)

Memphis chanting "Are we ready for a change" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Hands up, don't shoot" 

I probably need to take a break from here and probably why I don't wade much into the PSF. But it's just seems like a sad world when most of those in the media or in charge don't seem to speak for the majority or want to instigate stuff. Of course, I expect the extremes in here and normally try to wade through the bull####. Online forums are ripe for people to show their true colors. But why does it seem like you either have to defend rioting or looting or you have to want vigilantes roaming the streets? 

Why is everything a false dilemma nowadays? Why can't we want both peaceful protests but also no rioting/looting? Sadly, both sides pay lip service to this but when either gets the chance, they seem willing to rationalize the looting or the police crackdown of peaceful protests. 

I was 7, everything is a blur from back then, but as I've said before, I don't remember seeing the military being set loose on peaceful protesters.
The Insurrection Act was used to restore order in Los Angeles the last time it was invoked.  It was 1992 the last time it was used, it's not ancient history.  Nobody is advocating for turning anything or anyone loose on peaceful protesters, at least anyone here that I've seen.  Peaceful protest is a right.  What was occurring in 1992, the looting and arson currently occurring, that's not peaceful protest.  It's obviously gotten beyond the ability of local authorities to control.  It can't go on unchecked and indefinite.  As far as I know, the Insurrection Act has yet to be implemented by President Trump but honestly this has gone beyond what I would have thought it would have taken for him to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 7, everything is a blur from back then, but as I've said before, I don't remember seeing the military being set loose on peaceful protesters.
I don't remember seeing the military being set in peaceful protestors this past week either. What's the point?

I don't remember seeing the military being set in peaceful protestors this past week either. What's the point?
Well FoxNews isn't showing it as much. I think both sides would be showing it if they could. Seems like things are a lot tamer tonight, at least on the East Coast. I can't really find any play by plays like last night. 

It is not something I would do.

And an ### whipping is not something the state should do.
Monday night in Detroit so far.

DETROIT – A huge crowd gathered in Detroit on Monday to protest police brutality following the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis last week and were met with a large police presence.

The protesters began at Detroit Police Department headquarters and the crowd made their way to Southwest Detroit on West Vernor.

The protest began peacefully with chanting, marching and a drum beat. After 8 p.m. many protesters stayed on scene. Organizers of the peaceful protest worked to get people to go home.

“Go home, be safe,” a protester chanted after 8:30 p.m. “It’s over. Go to your cars. Be safe.”

DPD Chief James Craig told Detroit police hold their positions on Michigan Avenue  to control the crowd.

The crowd had been urging others to go home since 8 p.m. Most of the crowd did disperse.

As of 8:55 p.m., it appeared as though the protest had ended peacefully without arrests or violence.

Well FoxNews isn't showing it as much. I think both sides would be showing it if they could. Seems like things are a lot tamer tonight, at least on the East Coast. I can't really find any play by plays like last night. 
Not in NYC

Are you telling me Trump has deployed the military in the last 7 days?

Don Lemon gasped when his/her shoulder hit the rubber bumper.  GASPED.
I don’t doubt that at all lol

Earlier a reporter said Trump wanted to be outside tonight because people were complaining he was in the bunker the other night. Anderson Cooper YELLED “OH MY GOD!!!”

:lol:

I don’t doubt that at all lol

Earlier a reporter said Trump wanted to be outside tonight because people were complaining he was in the bunker the other night. Anderson Cooper YELLED “OH MY GOD!!!”

:lol:
I'm not a Trump-guy.  But the bias on both Fox and CNN is crazy.  I just happened to be on CNN when Don gasped.

Breaking News - DeBlasios 11:00 curfew he set in place day 7 is not working. Tomorrow night it will be at 8:00. 

At least he’s getting out ahead of these issues. Wow. 

I mean you're are seeming picking out one random city. I'm from Philly and I was heartbroken to see that. I'm just near Boston now so the local news was covering that. I think it's disingenuous to say that nobody called out the looters last night, then qualify it as saying nobody called out the looters last night in Philly.

My comments and distaste were directed at all looters and rioters. But taking baseball bats out deserve the same condemnation. 
I specifically mentioned looters in philly in my first post about this. That's where the baseball bat guys were from.

I didnt add philly after the fact. Talk about disingenuous. 

Users who are viewing this thread