Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

Does anyone have a link to a stream with the major looting in Manhattan?

1 minute ago, shader said:

I have been flipping cable news stations FoxNews was showing it live.   It is chaos

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

https://twitter.com/robferdman/status/1267555994709655553

Not one of the body cameras were turned on.  Not one.  Interviews with eyewitnesses claim that no one in the group where David McAtee was present fired at officers, and disputed the police version of events.

Seems to me if they don't require body cams be on all the time there's no point to having them at all.

• Like 2

Dan ####### Rather

Is Antifa part of Obamagate? Just trying to keep up.

:lmao:

2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Definitely

Yet some here are focused on a photo of some dudes standing around in Philly with ball bats lol. 

Don’t ever change PSF !

Yesterday was a never ending stream of mostly black looters in philly. Not much commentary. 

Some white guys with bats threatening people and all of a sudden its on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

30 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

I am calling bull#### on what was overheard.  In this day and age, if those words were uttered, it would most certainly have been recorded.  Why post still pics and not video?  I see posting this on Twitter as a disgusting way to spread hate.

• Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, shader said:

Just put your tv on fox news

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

Yesterday was a never ending stream of mostly black looters in philly. Not much commentary. 

Why not just tell the truth? 

There's been like 50 pages of commentary between yesterday and today. Including almost everyone condemning violence and looting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

You serious Clark? There was a ton of commentary on looting. I commented how much I hated what was going on last night. But I also hate this sort of behavior. Is this really what I have to choose between?

I don't know what is right, but I'm pretty good at knowing what is wrong and a lot of that stuff seems wrong. 

• Like 1

My brother is a sanitation worker in Manhattan. He said he feared for his life last night. He saw molotov cocktails being thrown and the streets smell like urine. 

But yeah Trump is the bad guy calling for the military to protect the innocent. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Looks like DeBlasio and Cuomo fumbled the ball tonight by not getting the National Guard out there.  NYPD massively outnumbered again.

This is crazy to watch, and curfew isn’t even for an hour. De Blasio is terrible, but this is on Cuomo not listening to President Trump. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Definitely

Yet some here are focused on a photo of some dudes standing around in Philly with ball bats lol. 

Don’t ever change PSF !

Its not just the photo...links were posted and if you  think that type of behavior will help things?

People can be against the looting and violence and also be against that type of vigilante behavior that is likely to make matters worse.

6 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Why would I want to do that...the disdain that has been shown to cnn is equally deserved towards fox.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stuart_Little said:

I got a late start on things but with no kids and a youngish, agreeable fiance I'm still portable. I'd never seriously considered leaving the country on a permanent basis, but there's a bunch of other countries that do America better than we do now. I'll be applying to doctoral programs this fall and have pretty much decided on the National University of Singapore over a bunch of better-known (to us) U.S. schools. Then it's off to Mauritius.

It didn't have to be this way, but then again maybe it did. In the MLK speech I posted a few days ago he talks about how the right to vote came cheap and the real test would be economic equality. I don't see how passing that test is possible at this point if it ever was.

It's funny in a not-funny kind of way to see the right-wingers throw "Russia!" around like some sort of punchline while we actively work to make ourselves less competitive as a country, being led around by the nose by those who benefit from our demise. We had a chance but we blew it and the world has moved on without us. America will be a second-tier country when the dust settles (though we might throw some military tantrums on the way down), and I'm not going to stick around to watch. I did my best but I'm not going down with the ship.

2020 was the year that the powers that be decided to shut down economic opportunities for minorities and instigate mass looting and pillaging of their communities while the upper class cheers it all on.  Good luck in Mauritius.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

This is crazy to watch, and curfew isn’t even for an hour. De Blasio is terrible, but this is on Cuomo not listening to President Trump. 

Mayors and governors waited too long to act for fear. Now they have lost control of their streets and cities.

DPD Police Chief took control of Detroit while Governor Whitmer`s home town of Grand Rapid was getting destroyed.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Why would I want to do that...the disdain that has been shown to cnn is equally deserved towards fox.

More

• Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He asked for a live stream of the destruction taking place in Manhattan. It could be seen there 

Try to keep up

So pandemic states are on their own

A couple broken windows and it's full federal military

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Right now you can tune in and watch Louisville live

On cnn lemon is whining about Trump. 

Your choice 

4 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

You serious Clark? There was a ton of commentary on looting. I commented how much I hated what was going on last night. But I also hate this sort of behavior. Is this really what I have to choose between?

I don't know what is right, but I'm pretty good at knowing what is wrong and a lot of that stuff seems wrong. 

Speaking specific to philly. Pretty sure yesterday only shulaholic and myself said anything about philly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Mayors and governors waited too long to act for fear. Now they have lost control of their streets and cities.

DPD Police Chief took control of Detroit while Governor Whitmer`s home town of Grand Rapid was getting destroyed.

He's the chief who you said thought it was appropriate for one of his cops to beat the #### out of a citizen, right?

1 minute ago, belljr said:

Really?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Why not just tell the truth? 

There's been like 50 pages of commentary between yesterday and today. Including almost everyone condemning violence and looting.

How many posts about philly? As for the bold why not make sure you know wtf you are talking about before sounding stupid. 

2 minutes ago, belljr said:

This was a little more serious than Opie throwing a tomato at the street light.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

15 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I'd rather rip my brain out, stick it in a blender and hit frapé. It would do less damage than that tripe would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Right now you can tune in and watch Louisville live

On cnn lemon is whining about Trump. 

Your choice 

I think I have more choices than that.

Can't remember who to credit 25-50 pages back, but CBSN is your best bet.  Page that has links to local feeds...dummies like you and me, low-paid news people reporting from the streets.  So much better than politically biased cable news on either side.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, whoknew said:

He's the chief who you said thought it was appropriate for one of his cops to beat the #### out of a citizen, right?

He said when a police officer is hit with a glass bottle in a "peaceful" protest he will respond..yes.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, parasaurolophus said:

How many posts about philly? As for the bold why not make sure you know wtf you are talking about before sounding stupid. 

A lot. 

And I'm not the one who isn't being truthful. That's you. In this thread. With that post. To try to make a political point. #sad

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

I think I have more choices than that.

Great

So you realize now that shader asked for live feed of Manhattan destruction and I gave that to him and your involvement wasn’t necessary, right?

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Da Guru said:

He said when a police officer is hit with a glass bottle in a "peaceful" protest he will respond..yes.

That's not what you wrote earlier. You wrote - 

"A Detroit cop beat the crap out of a protester on live local news Friday night.  When they asked Craig about he said 'The officer was hit with a bottle, and responded accordingly..next question'"

So he got hit with a bottle and then beat the crap out of the guy. Not arrested him. Not put him in handcuffs and took him to jail. Beat the crap out of him.

That seems like a pretty ####ty cop to me. And the fact that the Detroit police chief endorses this is ####### horrifying.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

That's not what you wrote earlier. You wrote - 

"A Detroit cop beat the crap out of a protester on live local news Friday night.  When they asked Craig about he said 'The officer was hit with a bottle, and responded accordingly..next question'"

So he got hit with a bottle and then beat the crap out of the guy. Not arrested him. Not put him in handcuffs and took him to jail. Beat the crap out of him.

That seems like a pretty ####ty cop to me. And the fact that the Detroit police chief endorses this is ####### horrifying.

Oh no, the guy was arrested too.   And will be charged with assaulting a police officer.  Sorry I did that add that .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoknew said:
6 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

A lot

And I'm not the one who isn't being truthful. That's you. In this thread. With that post. To try to make a political point. #sad

Yeah, no.

Already more commentary about those guys with bats then there was all day yesterday about the complete chaos. Take away myself and shula and it is pretty much nothing.

Just now, Da Guru said:

Oh no, the guy was arrested too.   And will be charged with assaulting a police officer.  Sorry I did that add that .

So he beat the #### out of him and arrested him. 

Awesome.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, whoknew said:

Awesome.

I guess I have to ask is throwing a glass bottle and hitting a police officer in a "riot" situation something you would do?  If I did that and got caught I deserved an ### whipping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I don't think it's a black and white thing as you say. Looters, vandals, rioters in dozens of major cities for days now. This is the first I've seen of civilian militia groups arming up to crack some skulls. I think that's the concern, not that they're "white guys." 

20 minutes ago, jobarules said:

My brother is a sanitation worker in Manhattan. He said he feared for his life last night. He saw molotov cocktails being thrown and the streets smell like urine.

But yeah Trump is the bad guy calling for the military to protect the innocent. 

So just a regular Sunday night?  Seriously though, hope your brother stays safe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Da Guru said:

I guess I have to ask is throwing a glass bottle and hitting a police officer in a "riot" situation something you would do?  If I did that and got caught I deserved an ### whipping.

It is not something I would do.

And an ### whipping is not something the state should do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Yeah, no.

Already more commentary about those guys with bats then there was all day yesterday about the complete chaos. Take away myself and shula and it is pretty much nothing.

I mean you're are seeming picking out one random city. I'm from Philly and I was heartbroken to see that. I'm just near Boston now so the local news was covering that. I think it's disingenuous to say that nobody called out the looters last night, then qualify it as saying nobody called out the looters last night in Philly.

My comments and distaste were directed at all looters and rioters. But taking baseball bats out deserve the same condemnation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Awesome.

Yes. Next Question 

• Love 1

A little looting in LA....police chasing down people arresting them.  

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

The decision to have the NYC curfew 11 pm doesn’t seem like a good one

What a joke. 

• Like 1

They need to kill the cell service in Manhattan.  These guys are looting, moving before the police arrive, then collecting back at another store to rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

You see the guy in LA get chased down and tackled!??!? First cop was stride for stride out him, second cop came in and looked like he was shot out of a cannon....unbelievable speed!

• Like 1