What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (7 Viewers)

Officer Who Mistakenly Shot DUI Suspect Won't Face Charges

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/12/11/officer-shot-dui-suspect-charges_n_8789478.html

:mellow: watch the video. The suspect is a dbag and should rot in jail, but I'm not sure how you watch that video and think the cop was not at fault. They said it was "accidental." Didnt look like it to me
wow....he walked up calmly pulled his gun...shot immediately ...and calmly holstered his gun...no look of ''oh man my gun just went off and i shot him''...then actually calls in that the suspect refuses to get out of the vehicle ...ummmm ya ...you just blasted his neck in half dip ####...that was murder
Yep. Then you have cops investigating cops as if there is no conflict of interest. That cop belongs in jail for life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/12/11/officer-shot-dui-suspect-charges_n_8789478.html

:mellow: watch the video. The suspect is a dbag and should rot in jail, but I'm not sure how you watch that video and think the cop was not at fault. They said it was "accidental." Didnt look like it to me
wow....he walked up calmly pulled his gun...shot immediately ...and calmly holstered his gun...no look of ''oh man my gun just went off and i shot him''...then actually calls in that the suspect refuses to get out of the vehicle ...ummmm ya ...you just blasted his neck in half dip ####...that was murder
Holy ####!

How in the world does he get off after that video? Accidental shooting my ###!

Hello Mr. DA,

It was an accident. I drew my gun and it accidentally went off.

Sorry I lied about him not wanting to get out. I was stressed...Oh yeah sorry I did not find the 2 shell casings I was looking for while the woman on the ground was dying.

What crap. I would be doing life.

Holy ####!

How in the world does he get off after that video? Accidental shooting my ###!
It's absolutely amazing that they won't even send it to a grand jury. WTF is that? How do we not hold our police force accountable? This is amazing.

im waiting for the tired old /''dont resist and you wont get shot''....but that doesnt wash away the cold blooded shooting of a guy no longer armed and never shot the cop ...his partner shot him and they needed to cover that up ....this is murder and a huge cover up ...crazy
Streets are safer now:

Court records show that Aguilar had a list of convictions in Long Beach that included grand theft auto, felony reckless driving and evading arrest, contempt of court, possession of a controlled substance and driving on a suspended license.

Aguilar was twice convicted for violating the terms of a criminal street gang injunction and was most recently charged with a third gang injunction violation on May 14, records show. City officials on Tuesday confirmed that Aguilar was on a gang injunction list in Long Beach and was known to local law enforcement.

cstu said:
BustedKnuckles said:
im waiting for the tired old /''dont resist and you wont get shot''....but that doesnt wash away the cold blooded shooting of a guy no longer armed and never shot the cop ...his partner shot him and they needed to cover that up ....this is murder and a huge cover up ...crazy
Streets are safer now:

Court records show that Aguilar had a list of convictions in Long Beach that included grand theft auto, felony reckless driving and evading arrest, contempt of court, possession of a controlled substance and driving on a suspended license.

Aguilar was twice convicted for violating the terms of a criminal street gang injunction and was most recently charged with a third gang injunction violation on May 14, records show. City officials on Tuesday confirmed that Aguilar was on a gang injunction list in Long Beach and was known to local law enforcement.
And the city will be out several million dollars settling this.

cstu said:
BustedKnuckles said:
Streets are safer now:

based on what i watched those cops are worse than Aguilar

Last edited by a moderator:
cstu said:
BustedKnuckles said:
Streets are safer now:

based on what i watched those cops are worse than Aguilar
Well they'll be off the streets too.

Surprised to see no mention in any threads of the decision not to indict the cops responsible for the death of Tamir Rice.

Really enjoyed this take in the Washington Post about the misguided "please don't riot" responses to situations like this one.

Surprised to see no mention in any threads of the decision not to indict the cops responsible for the death of Tamir Rice.

Really enjoyed this take in the Washington Post about the misguided "please don't riot" responses to situations like this one.
Same here. Wendell Pierce had some hot takes on Twitter today but I think he mostly nailed this. Person that called 911 said it was a juvenile and likely a fake gun. Cop pulled up ready to kill. Gross misjustice here

many of these make me sick to my stomach and then that is just componded when the da does not press charges or does not even go to a grand jury i mean come on i wish the feds would just once come after a da for not doing there job and not giving a cop the same business they would give the average joe like me if something went wrong i think it is nuts that they say a da could indict a ham samwhich if they wanted but then somehow they fail to do that to a cop or fail to even let a grand jury try anyhow i think that if the feds prosecuted a da for it you would be a lot of of das walking a lot straighter take that to the bank brohans

many of these make me sick to my stomach and then that is just componded when the da does not press charges or does not even go to a grand jury i mean come on i wish the feds would just once come after a da for not doing there job and not giving a cop the same business they would give the average joe like me if something went wrong i think it is nuts that they say a da could indict a ham samwhich if they wanted but then somehow they fail to do that to a cop or fail to even let a grand jury try anyhow i think that if the feds prosecuted a da for it you would be a lot of of das walking a lot straighter take that to the bank brohans
I have heard that ham sandwich thing many times, and yet I have never seen a ham sandwich, or one filled with any other luncheon meat, indicted.

Prosecutors are under an obligation to not charge a crime unless they have a good faith basis to believe they can convict. Charging officers simply to appease the community would be wrong. Now that said I have seen Prosecutors charge crimes where I could not for the life of me come up with a good faith basis to do so, and I have seen them not charge when I would have been confident of obtaining a conviction. (Not coincidentally this seems to inure to the benefit of accused cops and the detriment of those with a lengthy criminal history.)

I hope that justice is done, and done without passion or prejudice, but I believe we fall short of that ideal, that goal, at times. Humans do that. The system needs citizens to be vigilant in oversight, and to do so without passion and prejudice. Unfortunately, yet understandably, on this issue, that is difficult to achieve. People do have their entrenched viewpoints.

Handcuffed man shot in back, shots fired at 1:25.

Certainly troubling. I might wish for clearer video. I suspect that with enhanced video they may well get there, murder I mean.

That video opens investigative avenues. Me, I wonder if they held the Officer's clothing as evidence. Imagine if they did, tested it, and found gun shot residue on his pants cuff shoe and sock. About the only way that could happen would be if he indeed shot from the posture shown in the video. (Actually enhanced and stabilized video may eliminate any question along those regards.) I also wonder if the handcuffs where tested for GSR. Pretty tough to get residue on cuffs that are still in the Officer's duty belt (where presumably they would be up until apprehension of the subject) but certainly likely to be there if the suspect was cuffed and then shot right next to the cuffs as the video seems to show.

I would also like to hear the impression of whoever shot the video. I would like to compare the video to the shell casing locations (though those are subject to tampering, I suppose.)

This Cop has some "'splaining to do" and frankly I think it is not going to be likely that folks are going to accept his explanation, but let's see what develops.

I have heard that ham sandwich thing many times, and yet I have never seen a ham sandwich, or one filled with any other luncheon meat, indicted.

Prosecutors are under an obligation to not charge a crime unless they have a good faith basis to believe they can convict. Charging officers simply to appease the community would be wrong. Now that said I have seen Prosecutors charge crimes where I could not for the life of me come up with a good faith basis to do so, and I have seen them not charge when I would have been confident of obtaining a conviction. (Not coincidentally this seems to inure to the benefit of accused cops and the detriment of those with a lengthy criminal history.)

I hope that justice is done, and done without passion or prejudice, but I believe we fall short of that ideal, that goal, at times. Humans do that. The system needs citizens to be vigilant in oversight, and to do so without passion and prejudice. Unfortunately, yet understandably, on this issue, that is difficult to achieve. People do have their entrenched viewpoints.
The Salt Lake Police Association defended Taylor and the initial investigation Friday.

"We have full confidence the supplemental investigation will confirm the original justified ruling. It is our belief Officer Taylor did not shoot James Barker while he was handcuffed," the group said in a statement. "We appreciate any evidence anyone can bring forward, however, to speculate regarding a conspiracy theory is both irresponsible and unproductive."

I have heard that ham sandwich thing many times, and yet I have never seen a ham sandwich, or one filled with any other luncheon meat, indicted.Prosecutors are under an obligation to not charge a crime unless they have a good faith basis to believe they can convict. Charging officers simply to appease the community would be wrong. Now that said I have seen Prosecutors charge crimes where I could not for the life of me come up with a good faith basis to do so, and I have seen them not charge when I would have been confident of obtaining a conviction. (Not coincidentally this seems to inure to the benefit of accused cops and the detriment of those with a lengthy criminal history.)

375]The Salt Lake Police Association defended Taylor and the initial investigation Friday.

375]"We have full confidence the supplemental investigation will confirm the original justified ruling. It is our belief Officer Taylor did not shoot James Barker while he was handcuffed," the group said in a statement. "We appreciate any evidence anyone can bring forward, however, to speculate regarding a conspiracy theory is both irresponsible and unproductive."
Wow, just wow. I gotta tell ya, this is just begging for some street justice.

12 yo girl killed by constable.

very posty, the whole thing. :(

(CNN)Ciara Meyer stood directly behind her father as he raised a .223-caliber rifle and pointed it at the chest of a constable who'd come to serve an eviction notice at their apartment.
The constable responded with a single shot.

That bullet went through the arm of 57-year-old Donald Meyer and into his 12-year-old daughter, Ciara, killing her.

Meyer now faces charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, terroristic threats and recklessly endangering another person, according to a Pennsylvania State Police report. He was flown to Hershey Medical Center for treatment after Monday's shooting in Perry County.

The man who shot him, Constable Clarke Steele, is "heartbroken" over the incident, his friend and fellow constable Bill Stoeffler told CNN affiliate WPMT-TV.

"He was put in a position from which he couldn't retreat safely," Stoeffler said of the shooting, calling it "every constable's worst nightmare." "He had no other option, really, than what he did."

Officers arrested in shooting death of 6-year-old boy in Louisiana

Comments on a GoFundMe page set up in Ciara's name -- ostensibly to raise money for her funeral expenses and fund a scholarship focused on domestic violence -- reflected the strong emotions her death elicited. A CNN request to verify the page's authenticity was not immediately confirmed.

Some admonished her father for putting his daughter in harm's way. One man said the constable should have stood down and walked away, saying any money owed wasn't worth it. Most paid tribute to the victim in the tragedy.

"Fly high, sweet angel," one woman wrote of Ciara. "Rest in peace."

Police: Father pointed loaded rifle at constableDonald Meyer knew the constable was coming, Pennsylvania State Trooper Robert Hicks told WPMT. His family had gotten multiple notifications, with the last making it clear a constable was on the way with an eviction notice.

"When they heard the knock, they knew who it was," Hicks said.

When Steele arrived at 10 a.m. Monday, "the suspect opened the door to the residence and then shut it," according to the police report.

Meyer then reopened the door and, after "a brief exchange of words," leveled a rifle that had been concealed and aimed it at Steele.

"Constable Steele, who was in uniform, quickly removed his .40 caliber duty weapon from its holster and fired a single round," the police report said, noting that employees of the apartment complex witnessed the encounter.

That bullet "shattered the bone in (Meyer's) left arm," Hicks told CNN affiliate WHTM-TV, then went into the body of Ciara, who had stayed home sick from school.

She was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the police report.

Investigators recovered the rifle her father had been carrying and found it with "a loaded chamber and a magazine containing 30 rounds."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/05/us/aspergers-woman-killed/index.html

Distraught woman with asperger's is in her home by herself with a knife. Woman allegedly lunges at cops with knife. Cops shoot to kill.

Any chance that the cops could move away from the threat first? And then attempt to defuse the situation without killing?
Last June, the 24-year-old woman posted a YouTube video of a breakdown in which she wept, berated herself and punched her chest until Samson, her service Rottweiler, jumped up and blocked her blows. Finally, she slumped to the floor and embraced the dog.

If for some wild, unexpected reason a cop pulls a gun on me, I will immediately say "I'm a cop." It may piss him him or her off after the fact to find out otherwise, but hey, if it inflates their competency for a few seconds, I'm obligated.

Minneapolis DA decision on the Jamar Clark case is coming up at 10:30. Streaming live on Youtube.

Brief synopsis: Clark was involved in a domestic abuse situation, he blocked paramedics from treating the victim, police called to scene.
Police take: Clark went for a gun, resulting in him being shot and killed
Eyewitness account takes: Clark was shot while handcuffed

https://www.youtube.com/user/hennepinattorney/live 

I'm very interested to see the follow through as far as releasing all videos, DNA evidence, autopsy, and police documents related to the case. 

61 seconds after the police arrive, a person is dead. 

Bucky86 said:
oops. White Lives Matter too. :unsure: Anyway, there always seems to be something these people do that causes the cops to shoot them. Obviously this dude didn't deserve it and the cop is is not only toast he also should have enver been a cop to begin with but, man, use your head and don't do anything that even remotely doesn't follow directions. I mean, c'mon, don't try and pull up your baggy oversized shorts. Man, I let my junk hang out in that case. I know I risk the officer mistaking my crank for a 12 gauge shotgun but you gotta comply.

oops. White Lives Matter too. :unsure: Anyway, there always seems to be something these people do that causes the cops to shoot them. Obviously this dude didn't deserve it and the cop is is not only toast he also should have enver been a cop to begin with but, man, use your head and don't do anything that even remotely doesn't follow directions. I mean, c'mon, don't try and pull up your baggy oversized shorts. Man, I let my junk hang out in that case. I know I risk the officer mistaking my crank for a 12 gauge shotgun but you gotta comply.
I just read about this case....absolutely despicable actions by the officer...

i dont understand chasing someone over warrants in the first place ...its not worth it ...if he had just killed someone or a crime of that nature then yes ...by all means catch his ###...but risking lives over a warrant is just wrong ...idiots like that always get caught at some point
This line of thinking is insanely flawed. I could give 100 reasons, but I'll start with one:

If the running jackass won't stop and will lead police on a chase, what else is he capable of? Hint, it isn't splitting the atom.

i dont understand chasing someone over warrants in the first place ...its not worth it ...if he had just killed someone or a crime of that nature then yes ...by all means catch his ###...but risking lives over a warrant is just wrong ...idiots like that always get caught at some point
Police identified the man they arrested as Richard Simone, 50, and said he had been wanted on charges of burglary and battery with a dangerous weapon.

This line of thinking is insanely flawed. I could give 100 reasons, but I'll start with one:

If the running jackass won't stop and will lead police on a chase, what else is he capable of? Hint, it isn't splitting the atom.
 lets call crimes a moving scale ...some crimes are bad ....and some are worse...the worse ones get special attention...the bad ones ...you know ...like the ones that you are able to make bail ...and you dont show up for court so they issue a warrant...they require less aggression in apprehending them lol...i know many cops who agree that most car chases are unnecessary and foolish.The cops chasing him made him an immediate danger to everyone on the roads by pursuing him over a few warrants...im not condoning him running from the cops ...hes a ######## for doing that ....but pick your poison...they knew who he was ...he was well know to the cops ...you dont think they they would have nabbed him somewhere else while walking or hanging in a bar somewhere? If he slammed into a family and killed them while being chased people would have been up in arms after they were told he was being chased over a few warrants ....this wasnt charles manson they were chasing...just a small time dirt bag petty criminal.

'' More than 5,000 bystanders and passengers have been killed in police car chases since 1979, and tens of thousands more were injured as officers repeatedly pursued drivers at high speeds and in hazardous conditions, often for minor infractions, a USA TODAY analysis shows. ''

Everyone of those cops deserves a long jail sentence. 
What a bad ### they are 8 on 1 and the one is not fighting.   If I were the one when I got out I would put a bullet in every one of them and make sure it was a painful death.    

They were practicing their UFC moves with the knees, such tools.

I'm very interested to see the follow through as far as releasing all videos, DNA evidence, autopsy, and police documents related to the case. 

61 seconds after the police arrive, a person is dead. 
Federal authorities said there are not sufficient grounds for bringing charges of civil rights violations against two Minneapolis police officers who fatally shot Jamar Clark last fall.

What a bad ### they are 8 on 1 and the one is not fighting.   If I were the one when I got out I would put a bullet in every one of them and make sure it was a painful death.    

Good for the cops...criminals speeding on streets are dangerous and somebody's innocent family member could have been killed (happens all of the time)... F**ker probably won't speed off next time.

South Florida
A Florida man’s family is demanding answers after he was fatally shot by a plainclothes police officer in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, early Sunday morning while he was on the side of the highway with his disabled car.

Corey Jones, 31, a popular drummer in south Florida who played in the band at his church and worked as an inspector for a local city’s housing authority, was shot at about 3:15 a.m. by Officer Nouman Raja, police said in a press release.

“We haven’t gotten any answers yet,” his aunt, Sheila Banks, told the Sun-Sentinel. “All we know is someone shot him.”

Jones’ family says they weren’t notified that he had been killed until about 6 p.m. Sunday, about 15 hours after the shooting.

Here’s what you need to know:

<snipped, see link>

More:
Florida cops kill black man who pulled over with car trouble — and then refuse to tell family why
Plainclothes officer who killed Florida church drummer is charged with manslaughter, attempted murder

Florida prosecutors announced Wednesday that a grand jury indicted former Palm Beach Gardens police officer Nouman Raja on charges of manslaughter by culpable negligence and attempted first-degree murder with a firearm for the shooting death of 31-year-old Corey Jones.

The charges come seven months after Jones, a well-known area musician, was shot and killed in the early morning hours of Oct. 18, 2015, while he waited for a tow truck after his car broke down on an Interstate 95 off-ramp. Jones was armed at the time with a weapon he had purchased legally just three days earlier when he was approached by Raja, a plainclothes officer in an unmarked car.

Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg announced Wednesday that a grand jury concluded Raja’s use of force was unjustified. Documents released Wednesday allege that Raja never identified himself to Jones as a police officer as he drove up to the stranded motorist, yelled commands and then opened fire.

Charging documents released Wednesday by prosecutors state that: According to an audio recording of the interaction, at no point did Raja identify himself to Jones as a police officer; he was not wearing his tactical vest identifying himself as a police officer; and Raja’s vehicle was not immediately distinguishable as a police vehicle. Prosecutors say Raja drove his unmarked van the wrong way down the interstate off-ramp in order to confront Jones about 3:15 a.m.

Raja: You good?

Jones: I’m good.

Raja: Really?

Jones: Yeah, I’m good.

Raja: Really?

Jones: Yeah.

Raja: Get your f—ing hands up! Get your f—ing hands up!

Jones: Hold on!

Raja: Get your f—ing hands up! Drop!

Then, according to the documents, Raja fired three shots in rapid succession, prompting an AT&T call center operator who had been on the phone with Jones as he waited for the tow truck to exclaim “Oh my gosh!” Then, 10 seconds later, Raja fired three more shots.

This seems a little extreme.  Dude got beat up unnecessarily and the cops need to be disciplined, but you have some anger issues there, Jer.

Users who are viewing this thread