What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2016 Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Stanford senior QB Kevin Hogan completed 28-of-37 passes for 304 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in Saturday's 38-36 loss to Oregon.

Hogan tossed a four-yard touchdown pass to Greg Taboada with 10 seconds remaining to draw the Cardinal to within 38-36. The necessary two-point conversion, though, failed to materialize as Hogan was pressured and threw low for an incompletion to end the contest. Saturday's defeat at the hands of Oregon was Stanford's second of the season and a likely dagger through the heart of their Playoff chances, barring a complete collapse by every other highly ranked team these final few weeks of the regular season. Probably not going to happen? For his part, Hogan's thrown for 2,135 yards with an 18/7 TD/INT ratio. He's a serviceable middle-tier DFS option, nothing more, nothing less.

Nov 14 - 11:46 PM

Rotoworld:

UCLA redshirt junior RB Paul Perkins rushed for 121 yards on 20 carries in Saturday's 31-27 loss to Washington State.

Fine game for Perkins in Saturday's loss, though nothing particularly spectacular. He averaged 6.1 YPC with a long run of 18 yards. In 10 games, the 5-foot-11, 198-pound redshirt junior's carried the ball 180 times for 1,082 yards and 10 touchdowns. With just two contests remaining, he's very unlikely to match last season's 1,575 yards, but he's already surpassed the nine touchdowns he scored in 2014.

Nov 15 - 8:50 PM

Rotoworld:

Colorado State junior WR Rashard Higgins caught seven passes for 102 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 49-35 win over UNLV.

Higgins opened the game's scoring with a nine-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter. He would later hit the end zone on a pair of short receptions after halftime. With Saturday's nice receiving effort, the 6-foot-2, 188-pound junior snapped out of a recent four-game cold streak in which he posted two contests with under 50 yards receiving. For the season, Higgins has caught 57 passes for 769 yards and eight touchdowns. It's been a down year after he exploded for 1,750 yards and 17 touchdowns in 2014.

Nov 15 - 5:46 PM

Perkins is interesting to me but there's something about him that I'm not sure about.

Rotoworld:

Keith Marshall - RB - Bulldogs

Georgia senior RB Keith Marshall will officially move on to the NFL after this season rather than requesting a medical redshirt.

Not to make a joke in bad taste, but Marshall deserves two medical redshirts for how many injuries he has dealt with during his career. Marshall entered the college scene next two Todd Gurley, and the two looked like a dynamic duo who would run over the SEC for years to come. However, Marshall battled injury after injury. He does look better this season, and more importantly, healthy.

Source: Marc Weiszer on Twitter

Nov 17 - 12:14 PM

Rotoworld:

North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz's (wrist) accepted his invite to the Senior Bowl.

As expected. Wentz, the Most Outstanding Player of the 2015 FCS Championship, is out for the remainder of the season with a broken wrist. He's expected to be good to go for January's Senior Bowl, however. The 6-foot-6, 231-pound senior provides a fascinating piece-of-clay evaluations for scouts to dig their hands into because of his frame, athleticism, big arm and lack of experience against elite competition.

Source: Senior Bowl

Nov 18 - 9:11 PM

Any update on this class compared to years prior or future?

I have 5- 2016 picks and don't really need them all - was wondering if 2017 projects way better? or still unknown?

Any update on this class compared to years prior or future?

I have 5- 2016 picks and don't really need them all - was wondering if 2017 projects way better? or still unknown?
If I were you I would defer 3 of the picks to 2017 if I could.

I got a respectable offer for what appears to be the 1.01. Who is the can't miss prospect for next year?

Everyone looks kinda meh to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a respectable offer for what appears to be the 1.01. Who is the can't miss prospect for next year?

Everyone looks kinda meh to me.
Harvey? Treadwill? I have no idea who I should be watching. Whatever RB gets drafted late 1? Any top 15 drafted WR's?

Rotoworld:

Boise State junior WR Thomas Sperbeck caught seven passes for 79 yards and a touchdown in Friday's 37-30 loss to Air Force.

Sperbeck caught a 34-yard touchdown pass just before the close of the third quarter. It drew the Broncos to within 34-20. With just 11 seconds remaining in the contest, Sperbeck's squad would kick a field goal and make the score 37-30. They needed to recover the onside kick for a chance at a wild comeback, but the fates would not have any of that on Friday night. The 6-foot, 175-pound Sperbeck was looking for his third consecutive game with at least 100 receiving yards, but he came up short of that mark. Despite the (relatively) quiet game, he's still caught 76 passes for 1,289 yards and eight touchdowns during a strong 2015 campaign.

Nov 21 - 1:40 AM

Rotoworld:

Michigan junior TE Jake Butt caught five passes for 66 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 28-16 win over Penn State.

Jake Rudock was a big fan of his tight ends at Iowa and that predilection has carried over his new digs. Fortunately, his new team had a really, really good one. The 6-foot-6, 237-pound Butt is up to 43 catches for 566 yards and three touchdowns. Oh, and he can block too. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler argues that Butt is "in the mix as one of the top tight ends in CFB" and we'd agree.

Nov 21 - 4:30 PM

Rotoworld:

USC redshirt senior QB Cody Kessler completed 30-of-41 passes for 238 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 48-28 loss to Oregon.

Fine numbers for Kessler, but USC's offense simply couldn't keep up with the Ducks. They tried early, anyway. Both of Kessler's touchdown passes came in the first half. The latter--a 12-yard hook-up with Tyler Petite--knotted the score at 14-14 midway through the second quarter. From that point onward, Oregon outscored the Trojans 34-14. For his part, the 6-foot-1, 215-pound Kessler's thrown for 2,953 yards with a 25/6 TD/INT ratio over the course of the 2015 campaign. He's shaken out of a mid-season slump to throw seven touchdown passes over his last three games.

Nov 21 - 7:30 PM

Rotoworld:

UCLA redshirt junior RB Paul Perkins rushed for 98 yards and a touchdown on 28 carries in Saturday's 17-9 win over Utah.

Perkins was limited to a YPC average of just 3.5 yards in what was an offensive slog for both teams. The 5-foot-11, 198-pound redshirt junior did at least somewhat pad his DFS day thanks to a two-yard touchdown run in the third quarter. It pushed the Bruins to a 17-9 lead, which would stand as the final score. Through 11 games, Perkins has rushed for 1,180 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Nov 21 - 8:39 PM

Rotoworld:

Notre Dame junior WR Will Fuller caught three passes for 72 yards in Saturday's 19-16 win over Boston College.

In a rare occurrence, Fuller was third on the team in terms of receiving yards. He did average 24 yards on his three catches, but Boston College otherwise did a good job of keeping him from blowing up. The 6-foot, 180-pound junior's been held under 75 yards receiving in three of his last four games. Of course, he went for 153 yards and three touchdowns in the one outlier. Everything's relative. For the season, Fuller's caught 51 passes for 1,009 yards and 12 touchdowns through 11 games. Notre Dame finishes the 2015 campaign with a ginormous game against Stanford next weekend.

Nov 22 - 1:01 AM

Users who are viewing this thread