What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2016 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Pittsburgh junior WR Tyler Boyd was named to the All-ACC first team.

This is Boyd's second consecutive year being named to the conference first team. He did it thanks to a stellar receiving campaign which saw him haul in 85 passes for 873 yards and six touchdowns in helping the Panthers to an 8-4 record. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound junior led the ACC in receptions per game (7.7) and receiving yards per game (79.4). Interesting stat of note: While he caught a ton of passes, Boyd averaged 10.3 yards per reception, the worst mark of his three-year collegiate career. He averaged 13.8 YPC as a freshman and 16.2 YPC as a sophomore.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Nov 30 - 4:18 PM

Rotoworld:

Derrick Henry - RB - Crimson Tide

Alabama junior RB Derrick Henry "is a unique three-down back with the physical tools to thrive as a feature back," NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks observes.

"Henry exhibits rare speed and quickness for a big back. He flashes the burst to turn the corner on outside runs, but also shows the acceleration to get to the second level on power runs between the tackles," Brooks wrote. The 6-foot-3, 242-pound Henry isn't just your average three-down workhorse, while he can tote the rock for those tough-needed yards, he can also flash that 4.4 speed in space. The Alabama prospect showcases the ability as a pass catcher out of the backfield, with soft hands as well. On the year, Henry has rushed for 1797 yards on 295 carries, with a whopping 22 touchdowns on the year.

Source: NFL.com

Nov 30 - 2:23 PM

Rotoworld:

Cincinnati senior WR Chris Moore will play in the Senior Bowl.

Moore has posted 39 receptions for 823 yards, seven touchdowns and a very nice 21.1 yards per catch average. The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder exists in the Kolby Listenbee phylum of pure deep threats. Moore will "be someone to watch as a surprise standout at the NFL Scouting Combine in February," believes NFL.com's Chad Reuter. Get those stopwatches ready, boys.

Source: Senior Bowl

Dec 1 - 8:22 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
TCU senior WR Kolby Listenbee accepted an invite to the Senior Bowl.

Despite missing two games, Listenbee is the school's second-leading receiver (behind you-know-who) with 29 catches for 598 yards and five touchdowns. The 6-foot-1, 183-pound senior has track star speed and projects as a poor man's Devin Smith at the next level.

Source: Senior Bowl

Dec 1 - 7:04 PM

Carson Wentz really is pretty good. Quick release, good velocity.It'd be a big jump coming out of NDSU and he hasn't been the starter there before 2014. Plus he injured his wrist and has missed a lot of time this year.
Rotoworld:

NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt believes North Dakota State senior QB Carson Wentz (wrist) "has tremendous upside."

"Write [Wentz's] name down," Brandt declared. "Wentz is a big, strong guy who can also run the ball." A wrist injury suffered on Oct. 17 ended Wentz's regular season. He completed 63.7 percent of his passes with a 16/2 TD/INT rate across six games before going down. As Brandt mentioned, the 6-foot-6, 231-pound senior also is gifted with tremendous athleticism for his size, running for 642 yards and six scores last year.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Dec 1 - 4:45 PM

So Elliott and Treadwell are the consensus top two players coming out for fantasy purposes, correct? IN start up dynasty drafts this coming summer, would either be a top 25 pick? Higher?

So Elliott and Treadwell are the consensus top two players coming out for fantasy purposes, correct? IN start up dynasty drafts this coming summer, would either be a top 25 pick? Higher?
I'm just getting up to speed on the new guys but while I gather Elliot is pretty well consensus I hear Treadwell is far from it.But that's just what I've read.

I'm just getting up to speed on the new guys but while I gather Elliot is pretty well consensus I hear Treadwell is far from it.But that's just what I've read.
According to this, they both seem to be consensus top guys. http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-scouts-devy-rankings/

I don't nesseccarily agree, but these are the rankings at the moment.

I've read things that make me think Michael Thomas and Caroo are better pro prospects.

Watching Sterling Shepard, I don't know how you can't be impressed by him.

Again, my impressions are based on only fragments so take them with a shaker of salt.

According to this, they both seem to be consensus top guys.http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-scouts-devy-rankings/

I ask because we can still trade in my dynasty league, and I have what will likely be the #1 and #2 rookie picks. If I can trade one of them and a decent player for a guy like Mike Evans - good or no? I'd much rather have Gurley, and maybe even Cooper than Evans right now, so this wouldn't have been a good move to do last year.

Oh, and Evans can help me win now, while the pick obviously can't.

I'd keep the #1 and take Elliot. If I could use the #2 and a player to get Evans I probably would (depends on the player of course).

I think Elliott is the clear #1 prospect and a top 25 overall guy. Then there is a large gap and a pretty wide-open competition for #2.

I like Carroo the most out of the WRs, but I'd be hesitant to draft him that high until I have a better read on whether NFL teams also see him as a first round talent.

I have three top 5 picks in one league, one already the #1, and Elliott is my #1 by a mile and wouldn't move him for anything short of a top 15-20 asset. I'd trade either other pick, maybe even both, for Evans right now. The other player obviously matters too. #3 and say Michael Floyd, yeah I do that.

Anyone care to give their opinion on Zeke vs Henry?

Is it simply that Henry is an Alabama RB that knocks him? I'd be fine with that answer - as like Wisconsin I've always shied away from those backs.

Haven't gotten to watch much of either player this year ...

According to this, they both seem to be consensus top guys. http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-scouts-devy-rankings/

Those guys want to get paid for their rankings now? Lmfao they dont even have lynch ranked at qb

According to this, they both seem to be consensus top guys. http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-scouts-devy-rankings/I don't nesseccarily agree, but these are the rankings at the moment.
Those guys want to get paid for their rankings now? Lmfao they dont even have lynch ranked at qb
One thing I'll never do is pay for rankings. I noticed that about Lynch as well. I'm thinking they haven't updated in a while.

According to this, they both seem to be consensus top guys. http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-scouts-devy-rankings/I don't nesseccarily agree, but these are the rankings at the moment.
One thing I'll never do is pay for rankings.I noticed that about Lynch as well. I'm thinking they haven't updated in a while.
well if people are paying, they should be updating.

Cardale Jones #3 QB?

This is crazy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYdpGwIzX80

Some preliminary rankings.

QB

Cook, MSU

Goff, Cal

Lynch, Memphis

Hackenberg, PSU

RB

Elliot, tOSU

Collins, Arkansas

Henry, Bama

Madden, USC

Clement, Wisc

Booker, Utah

WR

Treadwell, Ole Miss

Fuller, ND

Colman, Baylor

Boyd, Pitt

Thomas, tOSU

Williams, Clemson

Cooper, S. Carolina

Doctson, TCU

Robinson, Florida

Higgins, CSU

Wilson, Miss St.

Thoughts on Jordan Howard (Indiana)? I haven't seen any indication if he's considering going pro, but he put up 22-174-2 vs Iowa and 35-238-2 against Michigan in back-to-back weeks.

QB

Cook, MSU

Goff, Cal

Lynch, Memphis

Hackenberg, PSU

RB

Elliot, tOSU

Collins, Arkansas

Henry, Bama

Madden, USC

Clement, Wisc

Booker, Utah

WR

Treadwell, Ole Miss

Fuller, ND

Colman, Baylor

Boyd, Pitt

Thomas, tOSU

Williams, Clemson

Cooper, S. Carolina

Doctson, TCU

Robinson, Florida

Higgins, CSU

Wilson, Miss St.
Is Mike Williams coming out?

I read somewhere that he was staying.

He's top 3 in my book. If he was playing this year he'd be the top WR in this class.

He'll be a steal for someone if he declares.

Tex

Is Mike Williams coming out?

I read somewhere that he was staying.

He's top 3 in my book. If he was playing this year he'd be the top WR in this class.

He'll be a steal for someone if he declares.

Tex
Yeah, good question. I'm not entirely sure. I agree he should be in the top WR conversation. I feel he has that potential as well and if he was fully healthy would be a top 15 pick. Not playing this year and the recovery have moved him down my rankings. I had him at 2 to start the season.

He's a guy that can move up substantially as the offseason rolls on.

Rotoworld:

Devon Cajuste - WR - Cardinal

Stanford redshirt senior WR Devon Cajuste has been invited to the East West Shrine game.

It feels like Cajuste has played in college for seven seasons. The 6'3/220 lbs receiver has posted consistent production over the last three seasons in Stanford's rush based offense. His role decreased a bit this season and he also dealt with a strained muscle earlier in the year.

Source: Shrine Game on Twitter

Dec 5 - 9:54 AM

RB

Elliot, tOSU

Collins, Arkansas

Henry, Bama

Madden, USC

Clement, Wisc

Booker, Utah
Way too high on Clement. He's not as good a runner as past WI RBs who have not done well in the NFL. Can't overlook some of his injury issues either. And most of all he has character red flags. I wouldn't be surprised if he went undrafted.

beef said:

RB

Elliot, tOSU

Collins, Arkansas

Henry, Bama

Madden, USC

Clement, Wisc

Booker, Utah
Way too high on Clement. He's not as good a runner as past WI RBs who have not done well in the NFL. Can't overlook some of his injury issues either. And most of all he has character red flags. I wouldn't be surprised if he went undrafted.
I disagree. I think Clement is underrated and is exactly the RB that succeeds at the NFL level vs past Wisconsin RBs. He's a better athlete than Ball/Dayne/White/ etc and a better interior runner than Gordon. 1 injured season doesn't change everything for me, just like others talking about liking Mike Williams.

Character red flags - 1 incident, not multiple

Users who are viewing this thread