What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2016 Draft Class (3 Viewers)

Watch out for WR Taywan Taylor from Western Kentucky if he declares. Could be a pretty high pick. Looks like one of the best small school guys at the skill positions.

Watch out for WR Taywan Taylor from Western Kentucky if he declares. Could be a pretty high pick. Looks like one of the best small school guys at the skill positions.
Speaking of small schools, I like Matt Breida he performed better than any back in the country. I hope he declares and I'd like to see how he performs at the combine.

Tex

Speaking of small schools, I like Matt Breida he performed better than any back in the country. I hope he declares and I'd like to see how he performs at the combine.

Tex
With Breida, it is more than his school that is small. Even at his claimed 190 (which seems generous), I can't think of too many valuable RBs at that weight.

Tex
With Breida, it is more than his school that is small. Even at his claimed 190 (which seems generous), I can't think of too many valuable RBs at that weight.
This is a MUST read for any dynasty owner (shark or hawk). I'm not concerned about his weight he's gained 5lbs from 2014 to 2015 and still performing better than any running back in the country. Watch him plan and it's not even close to being a concern.

MUST read: http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/10/21/9573741/matt-breida-is-the-best-running-back-youve-never-heard-of-so-i-turned

and this: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000499781

and read all the comments at the bottom of the ranking....................that train is ready to roll!

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz cracked the first round of Todd McShay's first 2016 mock draft.

The tide is beginning to turn in Wentz's favor and he'll be a key name to monitor in the months leading up to the draft. He'd been considered an interesting mid-round developmental guy until recently, when steam picked up. ESPN's Mel Kiper, for instance, wrote earlier this month that Wentz is a potential sleeper to go at the end of the first round and NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt wrote that Wentz "has tremendous upside." As for McShay, he slotted Wentz to the Cardinals at No. 30, explaining: "The FCS product isn't ready to start from Day 1, but he has a lot of developmental upside, with good size, arm strength and mobility. He's coming off a wrist injury, so his draft stock could be impacted by how that checks out with teams. But it won't surprise me if Wentz winds up among the top 40 picks."

Source: ESPN Insider

Dec 16 - 6:39 PM

Rotoworld:

Akron junior WR Jerome Lane Jr. is "raw with big time upside," according to ESPN's Kevin Weidl.

You don't often see linebackers convert to receiver -- there was a brief stop at safety in between -- but not many are blessed with Lane's size and athleticism. It's no surprise, seeing as though he's the son of a former five-year NBA veteran, also named Jerome Lane. Remember the name? Jerome became famous for shattering a backboard -- "Send it in Jerome!" -- while playing for Pittsburgh. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Jerome Jr. has said he clocked in the 4.4s during high school combines. At this time, he's an unrefined home run threat. He's caught only 35 balls but has turned that into 750 yards and eight touchdowns, good for an elite 21.43 yards per catch average.

Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Dec 16 - 5:40 PM

Rotoworld:

Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage believes Alabama senior QB Jacob Coker is "more of a third-day choice.

"Somewhere between the fourth and seventh round," he told WNSP-FM 105.5. "I think he is more of a developmental candidate because he's only got one year of starting experience under his belt, but I do think he has the physical traits people are interested to see." The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Coker has thrown for 2,489 yards, 17 scores and eight interceptions, while leading the Crimson Tide to the College Football Playoffs. Coker will also get a chance to improve on his draft stock, as he will attend the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama.

Source: Al.com

Dec 17 - 2:47 PM

Can I just say that, for those websites showing mock drafts, having to go through 31 pages for the first round really sucks!

Agree. I try to avoid interacting with articles formatted in that manner whenever possible. In this case is is a premature article about the draft. This info will change dramatically over the next several months. Why go thru the aggravation?

Rotoworld:

Louisiana Tech senior RB Kenneth Dixon rushed for 91 yards and two touchdowns on 20 carries while catching six passes for 112 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 47-28 win over Arkansas State in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl.

Dixon was everywhere in Saturday's win. He notched rushing touchdowns of eight and four yards in the third and fourth quarters, respectively, while averaging 4.6 YPC overall. While those are relatively modest rushing numbers, the 5-foot-10, 212-pound senior showed impressive moxie as a receiver. His sliding nine-yard touchdown catch early in the contest was nice enough, but he bested that and then some on a perfectly thrown 59-yard catch-and-run score from QB Jeff Driskel in the third quarter. Dixon finishes the 2015 campaign with 26 total touchdowns scored.

Dec 20 - 1:03 AM

Rotoworld:

Hunter Sharp - WR - Aggies

Utah State senior WR Hunter Sharp had 11 catches for 81 yards and a touchdown in Tuesday's 23-21 loss to Akron in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

The 6-foot, 200-pounder was the Aggies' No. 1 go-to receiver in his last year of eligibility, leading the school with 77 receptions, 1,019 receiving yards and eight receiving touchdowns despite missing two games. He earned Honorable Mention All-Mountain West honors for that. Sharp will attend the East-West Shrine Game.

Dec 22 - 7:26 PM

Rotoworld:

Colorado State junior WR Rashard Higgins will likely declare for the NFL after the school's bowl game against Nevada.

"The NFL is calling, and Higgins is ready to move on," beat writer Kelly Lyell said, adding it is hard to imagine the productive receiver staying around for another season. Higgins shine as a sophomore while playing with Garrett Grayson under Jim McElwain. His production took a step back this year (66 catches for 933 yards and eight touchdowns), but Higgins seems headed for a mid-round selection.

Source: Coloradoan

Dec 25 - 9:31 AM

Rotoworld:

Tulsa redshirt senior WR Keyarris Garrett caught eight passes for 137 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 55-52 loss to Virginia Tech in the Camping World Independence Bowl.

Garrett was limited by apparent cramping in the second half of the contest, but it didn't stop him from catching a 36-yard touchdown catch with 3:47 remaining to draw Tulsa to within 55-52. They wouldn't score again. The 6-foot-4, 207-pound redshirt senior turned in a fantastic 2015 season overall, catching 96 passes for 1,588 yards and eight touchdowns. While he's finished with his college career proper, he's accepted an invite to the East-West Shrine Game as he works toward the 2016 NFL Draft.

Dec 26 - 11:11 PM

Users who are viewing this thread