What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB Shtick Discussion (1 Viewer)

E-Z Glider

Footballguy
Seems to be more and more schtick going on around MLB these days.

Some of it is hilariously awesome...

EE's Parrot Arm - I think we can all agree that this is the best thing going.

Fernando Rodney Arrow Shoot - Big fan. Innovator of the sideways hat schtick.

And some of it is embarrassingly awful...

Brian Wilson's beard - It was great when he was closing out WS games, but not on broken down middle reliever

But it's all entertaining. Figure there's probably lot's more that I don't even know about. This is the place to acknowledge, praise, judge and ridicule schtick around MLB.

What else ya got?

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to like how guys would get mad at Marmol for hitting them. Ole' Carlos had no idea where it was gonna go.

Marlins dunking on the guy who hit the game winner in the postgame interview. Latos set up the mini basket and Dee Gordon came in for the jam. I think?

I'd been waiting for something new and original to replace the shaving cream pie.

Yoenis really bringin it this spring with his car show.
Rode a horse in today.

YoenisHorse2.png

Not sure if it qualifies as shtick or tradition, but the Cubs bullpen no-flinch game is one of my favorites. Was watching a game last week against the Phils where a ball was absolutely ripped right in between two guys sitting on chairs. One of the guys had his finger in his mouth, like he was picking his teeth or something, and never even took it out of his mouth. Neither of them flinched, smiled, said a word, or even looked at each other afterwards. It was like it never even happened. No idea how to find video of it, but it was pure awesome.  :thumbup:

Not sure if it qualifies as shtick or tradition, but the Cubs bullpen no-flinch game is one of my favorites. Was watching a game last week against the Phils where a ball was absolutely ripped right in between two guys sitting on chairs. One of the guys had his finger in his mouth, like he was picking his teeth or something, and never even took it out of his mouth. Neither of them flinched, smiled, said a word, or even looked at each other afterwards. It was like it never even happened. No idea how to find video of it, but it was pure awesome.  :thumbup:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-bullpen-chicken-was-put-to-the-test/

Not the instance you're talking about, but a different one.

Our minor league team has great schtick this year of picking the walk-up songs for the opposing teams. It's truly brilliant.

It's usually related to their name. Bryan's get Bryan Adams. Mike Myers and guys named Austin get the Austin Powers theme song. Rafael Devers gets the TMNT turtles theme song from the old school cartoon (played on the video board). Yoan Moncada gets some song about money because he's apparently spending that signing bonus like crazy (and loves his gold chains). Otherwise, it's the just the chickiest, popiest song they can think of. 

It's really brilliant for the fans because so many are women and children, and these songs instantly get them engaged. 

The best is Potomac's Dale Carey though. Sometimes, he gets the Chip'n Dale's theme song which is okay, but usually, it's this. played on the video board which drives the crowd wild (the Hillcats are even mentioned in the comments on that YT video).

How does EE get Away with that
Finally heard the story on this the other day. Several years ago EE hit a big HR (walkoff or something) and as he's coming around first, he was mid fist-pump when he tried to high-five the 1B coach, but the coach left him hanging, so instead of putting his arm down, EE just kinda left one flap up and continued to circle the bases. Said he watched the tape of it later and decided it was awesome and he was going to keep doing it.  :lmao:

Another "no-flinch" foul ball in yesterday's game. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread