What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electrician Guys (1 Viewer)

rustycolts

Footballguy
The lights in my house started flickering,dimming,and then returning to normal

constantly.This started yesterday.Today it is doing it again only our fan now is

also slowing down and then going back to normal along with the lights.Is this

dangerous?Should I turn all the power off? I will call an electrician tomorrow,

but I was wondering what could be causing this. Thanks.

I would call the power company first. May be something with the main line coming into the house. And they can advise you on whether to turn off the power to the house.

Yea, agree with ChiefD - definitely call the power company first, just to rule out it being the area. Call a neighbor or two and ask if they had the same issue.

Do you have a large appliance / thing in your house that has a heavy draw (like a hot tub, etc)? Or has anything new been added (assuming not, as that would be an obvious thing to check.) Even some small things can cause flicker, depending on circuit load (curling iron/etc.)

More info is probably needed, like how often does it happen? And for how long?

Yea, agree with ChiefD - definitely call the power company first, just to rule out it being the area. Call a neighbor or two and ask if they had the same issue.

Do you have a large appliance / thing in your house that has a heavy draw (like a hot tub, etc)? Or has anything new been added (assuming not, as that would be an obvious thing to check.) Even some small things can cause flicker, depending on circuit load (curling iron/etc.)

More info is probably needed, like how often does it happen? And for how long?
Other than AC unit no large appliance other than the norm.It lasts about 2 to 3 hours and then stops.I will call the power company tomorrow just worrying about weather its safe or not I would hate to wake up to a fire in the middle of the night.Thanks for the feedback.

Had a property where the main breaker went (was) bad. Sounds like it caused similar issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread