What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2016 GOP thread: Is it really going to be Donald Trump?? (1 Viewer)

Once again your personal knowledge of Cuban Anericans is not a good substitute for polling: 

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/05/02/toxic-trump-poll-says-bye-bye-cuban-vote-in-florida-if-hes-the-nominee/
Do you know the number of ridiculous internet sites and stories and polls and figures that are out there to confuse your head? (A lot) The Huffington Post runs a story telling everyone not to panic that Trump is leading in Florida...this is the same type of rhetoric that got him elected to the GOP in the first place. By all means YOU SHOULD BE IN A PANIC if you are opposed to Trump, he has all the momentum right now and it hasn't stopped nor has 10,000+ people showing up at all his events. Bernie packs 'em out, Hilary? Not so much... 

You believe what you want, I was sitting in Marlins Park last night talking to a couple from the Netherlands on their honeymoon in front of us(2 rows off 1st bag, amazing seats), Cubans to my right and behind me, all of them were very interested in Trump. I said so you don't like Trump and you want to vote for Clinton? I was surprised but all of them said they would vote for Trump. I asked why, they simply said he's different. 

Find a poll with some real info and don't put much stock in telemarketer phone calls...

Oh and I have lived in your neck of the woods also, night and day the political atmosphere in the two places. I never felt like I was in a room of conservatives ever in Southern California except when my wife worked at Pepperdine and she didn't stay there long(they opened and closed the meetings with prayers).

Where as here in Florida it is a much more diverse group of folks when it comes to voting. Conservative/Progressive, it's a fine line here and people cross that line based on the wind direction all the time. 

SoBeDad's daughter is going door to door and Trump folks are speaking out...labeled as loud mouthed but that is part of the entire movement and what drives it...told to shut up and move along, don't ask questions, just open your wallets and paychecks and just give the money to us and be thankful you even have a job...not the America many of us were told about. That's what Trump has tapped into, a lot of people who were promised how great America is and would be. The Oversight of Millions of Americans who are not counted as unemployed once their benefits run out is absurd. You add in underemployed or those working 20 hours a week that would rather be working 40 and the true number of folks hurting in this country gets more real. 

I mean this with all due respect and I'm sure many of you have similar situations but despite a comfy lifestyle I see a daily dose of nasty first hand. These kids I teach do not get to go home at night and take a stroll along the beach to forget their problems, in fact most teachers in general don't get that so I'm blessed but I see a daily reminder and meet a lot of struggling parents, a picture much different than the one talking heads making hundred of thousands if not millions on news outlets around the globe spew out as rhetoric and have no idea what is really happening down on the ground sort of speak. 

Very long but I find your post offensive and a cop out for real conversation. I'm sure you can find some real news sources with folks who work down here like say the Miami Herald? I'm sure they must be printing stories daily like the one you have there since they are the Cuban Authority, yes/no? 

Maybe one day I can find a video camera and go down into one of the prime areas like Calle Ocho and Domino Park, light up a stick hand rolled from the store around the corner and ask these nice folks who they are voting for? Would you like that or would MOP's first hand knowledge of people actually living there and voting be too much for you to handle?

There's a reason why 90% of them vote for one party - the other party did everything it could to prevent them from voting.
That's simply not true. In fact a long time ago blacks were a major part of the GOP...Lincoln was a Republican. Blacks fled the GOP in the early 60s, much of it fueled by media for obvious reasons. You really want to act like the GOP were the 10-20 guys running around with hoods in Mississippi Burning? Was Newt's grandfather a KKK member? How are the GOP preventing them from voting? 

Better question, how did Hope and Change work out for the bast majority of them? Did they get to stop paying on their mortgage and keep their house because the big bad GOP did naughty things...oh no actually that was DNC-Frank legislation that kind of spearheaded that even illegal immigrants who worked as lawn care experts should be able to get keys to a house. But the avg poor person or even the poor person that lost their house doesn't see it that way. It's the evil bad money men and they all take up shop over at the GOP

-It's rich and it's good

Ministry of Pain said:
I don't even bother with the Trump threads as so many of us tried to tell so many of you what was likely to happen and I haven't seen a one of you admit you were totally clueless and blindsided by Trump. 

I'm guessing from the tones in these posts that Tim has the audacity to post about Florida as if Clinton is going to take this state? You need a serious uptick in the meds if this is the case. Have you ever visited Florida or especially South Florida with WPB/Tump HQ, Ft Laud/Miami where Trump has building after building along the beach with his name attached or on the property. Trump has ALL the momentum in Florida right now. Trump stickers are everywhere, it is nothing you need to hide from in Florida. 

I was at the Hard Rock Live watching Bill Burr on Friday Night and he had to cut short his Trump rant as the crowd got very irate and an entire row of a section started fighting and had to be shown the door, I'm not kidding. Burr tweeted about it that night mentioning there were a few crazies...there were a lot more, it's Florida for goodness sake.

If any Leftists have hope of taking Florida away from Trump...this state leans right more than you can imagine. We elected Rick Scott for 2 terms and that guy is a 1st class butthole so please don't take away our claim on crazyville thinking Trump has no chance here. I think he's the favorite if the polls are showing him anything close to 50-50 here. Clinton has zero presence here right now. People see and have seen Trump on everything down here for many years. He beat Rubio so bad in his own state he quit the race, nuff said. 
Obama won 60 of the overall Hispanic vote in Florida, including 48% of the Cuban vote in 2012. The non-Cuban Hispanic vote went heavily for Obama, as did the black vote. Trump's bigoted comments (even if not directed specifically towards Cubans) aren't going to help him take any of the Hispanic vote, whether Cuban or non-Cuban. In addition, the Cuban vote has been shifting more towards Democrats in recent years. 

Democrats have dominated South Florida in Presidential elections. I know you live there but (with all due respect), you have to show a lot more evidence to convince me that Trump can make any serious inroads down there. Demographics and the recent past say otherwise. The Hispanic population is growing fast in Florida and it's not just Cubans. As flawed as Hillary is, Trump's insanely high unfavorables among minorities and women have left him with an incredibly tough mountain to climb. It is difficult to get back votes of large demographic groups when they were lost by insults and bigoted comments. It's hard to undo that. 

It was stated many times after 2012 that Republicans had to find a way to get more of the Hispanic vote to win. Florida will probably be closer than most swing states but Trump will not win there or anywhere else without doing better among Hispanics. That doesn't even factor in his high unfavorables among women. 

ETA to clarify that the percentages in the first paragtaph are for Florida. Thanks for those that pointed it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know the number of ridiculous internet sites and stories and polls and figures that are out there to confuse your head? (A lot) The Huffington Post runs a story telling everyone not to panic that Trump is leading in Florida...this is the same type of rhetoric that got him elected to the GOP in the first place. By all means YOU SHOULD BE IN A PANIC if you are opposed to Trump, he has all the momentum right now and it hasn't stopped nor has 10,000+ people showing up at all his events. Bernie packs 'em out, Hilary? Not so much... 

You believe what you want, I was sitting in Marlins Park last night talking to a couple from the Netherlands on their honeymoon in front of us(2 rows off 1st bag, amazing seats), Cubans to my right and behind me, all of them were very interested in Trump. I said so you don't like Trump and you want to vote for Clinton? I was surprised but all of them said they would vote for Trump. I asked why, they simply said he's different. 

Find a poll with some real info and don't put much stock in telemarketer phone calls...

Oh and I have lived in your neck of the woods also, night and day the political atmosphere in the two places. I never felt like I was in a room of conservatives ever in Southern California except when my wife worked at Pepperdine and she didn't stay there long(they opened and closed the meetings with prayers).

Where as here in Florida it is a much more diverse group of folks when it comes to voting. Conservative/Progressive, it's a fine line here and people cross that line based on the wind direction all the time. 

SoBeDad's daughter is going door to door and Trump folks are speaking out...labeled as loud mouthed but that is part of the entire movement and what drives it...told to shut up and move along, don't ask questions, just open your wallets and paychecks and just give the money to us and be thankful you even have a job...not the America many of us were told about. That's what Trump has tapped into, a lot of people who were promised how great America is and would be. The Oversight of Millions of Americans who are not counted as unemployed once their benefits run out is absurd. You add in underemployed or those working 20 hours a week that would rather be working 40 and the true number of folks hurting in this country gets more real. 

I mean this with all due respect and I'm sure many of you have similar situations but despite a comfy lifestyle I see a daily dose of nasty first hand. These kids I teach do not get to go home at night and take a stroll along the beach to forget their problems, in fact most teachers in general don't get that so I'm blessed but I see a daily reminder and meet a lot of struggling parents, a picture much different than the one talking heads making hundred of thousands if not millions on news outlets around the globe spew out as rhetoric and have no idea what is really happening down on the ground sort of speak. 

Very long but I find your post offensive and a cop out for real conversation. I'm sure you can find some real news sources with folks who work down here like say the Miami Herald? I'm sure they must be printing stories daily like the one you have there since they are the Cuban Authority, yes/no? 

Maybe one day I can find a video camera and go down into one of the prime areas like Calle Ocho and Domino Park, light up a stick hand rolled from the store around the corner and ask these nice folks who they are voting for? Would you like that or would MOP's first hand knowledge of people actually living there and voting be too much for you to handle?
I would like that. And please include more of the bolded - great shtick.

Obama won 60 of the overall Hispanic vote, including 48% of the Cuban vote in 2012. The non-Cuban Hispanic vote went heavily for Obama, as did the black vote. Trump's bigoted comments (even if not directed specifically towards Cubans) aren't going to help him take any of the Hispanic vote, whether Cuban or non-Cuban. In addition, the Cuban vote has been shifting more towards Democrats in recent years. 

Democrats have dominated South Florida in Presidential elections. I know you live there but (with all due respect), you have to show a lot more evidence to convince me that Trump can make any serious inroads down there. Demographics and the recent past say otherwise. The Hispanic population is growing fast in Florida and it's not just Cubans. As flawed as Hillary is, Trump's insanely high unfavorables among minorities and women have left him with an incredibly tough mountain to climb. It is difficult to get back votes of large demographic groups when they were lost by insults and bigoted comments. It's hard to undo that. 

It was stated many times after 2012 that Republicans had to find a way to get more of the Hispanic vote to win. Florida will probably be closer than most swing states but Trump will not win there or anywhere else without doing better among Hispanics. That doesn't even factor in his high unfavorables among women. 
But Trump loves Hispanics! He proved it by eating a taco bowl on May 5!!

Also: https://scontent.forf1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13178960_10207827378620228_7381985473241659264_n.jpg?oh=dc8e6aadeccc116b4ba8bb594a55877d&oe=57A75030

I live on the Bluffs at Jupiter, 98% of my condo assoc is 55+, many 75+, wife and I are the 2 kids in this place. They rib us at the potluck when we say we have to get up and go to work the next day. Trump stickers, I can send you photos. I hear what you're saying but Trump's name is on many of the condos Jews live in on the beach.  

Let's focus on Cubans...99.99% of them are Cath-O-Lick! There ain't a one of them that believes in birth control or abortion, that's usually a win for the GOP. Most of the Cuban population by and large frowns upon government handouts and people who take them hence why they don't all get along with everyone from South America. Most Cuban parents of students I teach are quite conservative. I had 48 of them Day One in Miami btw...Most of them(parents) want me to spank their kid if they get out of line or hit them upside the head with the Bible and I say we don't do that here but I'll remind little Ernesto that you consider all those options on the table when he takes his report card home to you. 

Let's just say I always had the backing of a Cuban parent, they emphasize learning with their children and I would say a strong moral upbringing. I can't say that about everyone but the norm in the Cubans I taught was education, religion, discipline, sometimes not in that order. Meanwhile in Los Angeles we can't get folks to clean up after themselves with corn cobs strewn about on the street. Government hand outs? Gimme some more! Government Freebies? Gimme some more!

Cubans have a lot of pride. I've always respected that. 
Not sure why but "little Ernesto" got me laughing.  Thanks, I needed that.

Good news for the GOP; there is an alternative to Trump.  His name?  The Nominee

Donald Trump is a problem.

He has a 65 percent unfavorable rating. He is prone to firing off unexpectedly at the mouth. He either doesn’t understand or actively wants to destroy the credit of the United States. If you’re a senator running for reelection and his name shows up at the top of the ticket, you might as well tie an albatross around your neck and head out to sea.

So what to do? Speaking Trump’s name gives him power. He is like Voldemort in that regard. (Also, he is immortal and cannot die as long as his Towers survive. His buildings are his horcruxes and contain fragments of his soul.)

The trick is not to speak his name.

But fortunately for senators in tough, competitive seats, there is another option. You don’t have to endorse Trump. You can just support the Nominee of the Party.

These are not the same thing at all! They are quite different. The Nominee is everything Trump isn’t.

Here’s Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) talking about Trump: “I have strong disagreements with Mr. Trump.”

Here’s McCain talking about the Nominee: “The nominee of the party, the party of Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt, has my support.”

Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) won’t endorse Trump. In February, she said, “There’s no place in our society for racism and bigotry, and I found Mr. Trump’s response to David Duke and the KKK disgusting and offensive.” But she will support the nominee. Her communications director, Liz Johnson, confirmed as much to the New Hampshire Union Leader. “As she’s said from the beginning, Kelly plans to support the nominee.”

It is good that there is this third option. The Nominee sounds wonderful.

He seems to have a strong base of support. Senators who have nothing positive to say about Trump at all speak glowingly of the mysterious Nominee.

Very little is known about him, apart from the fact that he is probably statesmanlike and definitely not embarrassing to have at the top of the ticket, and probably Reagan would have liked to have a beer with him, or something, but what more do you need to know?

Andrew Kaczynski at BuzzFeed first noted the groundswell of support for this Nominee guy among high-ranking senators during a KTAR Arizona radio interview with McCain, Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska). The Nominee, McCain confirmed, has his support. Trump, not so much. “I’m not comfortable with a lot of the things that he has done,” McCain noted.

Sullivan concurred. “There’s a number of things I don’t agree with in terms of what Donald Trump has said on the campaign trail,” he said on the same show. “Some of his rhetoric, some of his policy, certainly some of his instincts on national security and foreign policy.”

But fortunately, Sullivan has another choice. “I plan on supporting the Republican nominee. At this time.”

Cotton concurred. “I’ve long said that I will support the Republican nominee because we can’t afford a third Obama-Clinton term.”

The Nominee of the Party sounds like a rational guy. Even House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) — who is “not ready” to support Trump — had compliments for the Nominee. “We hope that our nominee aspires to be Lincoln or Reagan-esque,” Ryan observed.

Lincoln or Reagan-esque? Wow! What a high bar.

This “nominee” character sounds almost as good as that Never Trump fellow. (Whatever happened to him, by the way?)

“Senator McCain, we already know that you’re supporting Trump, but are you endorsing Trump?” the KTAR hosts asked.

“I’m supporting the nominee of the party,” McCain responded. “I’m telling you the answer and that is, I’m supporting our nominee.”

Given the choice of Donald Trump and the Nominee of the Republican Party, these senators would support the Nominee of the Party, hands down.

If they turn out to be the same person, this is going to be very uncomfortable.

Obama won 60 of the overall Hispanic vote, including 48% of the Cuban vote in 2012. The non-Cuban Hispanic vote went heavily for Obama, as did the black vote. Trump's bigoted comments (even if not directed specifically towards Cubans) aren't going to help him take any of the Hispanic vote, whether Cuban or non-Cuban. In addition, the Cuban vote has been shifting more towards Democrats in recent years. 

They're still waiving the rebel flag in Davie, Weston, Coral Springs, Sunrise, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, these are big pockets in the west county sections of Broward. The beach areas in Broward and Palm Beach belong to Trump, Debbie Wasserman is really hated down here and she energizes the Trump base big time. I'll concede large pockets of Dade County but you go up around Tampa and the West Coast of FL with Naples, Ft Myers, go up to Sarasota and then all the way up and around the panhandle...those areas are not so slanted Latino. 

You DNC'ites keep believing what you want. I don't think many who live here right now feel much Clinton presence. Where you guys go off the road is in your quest to want to be right and support a winner. I posted all of last year that I thought Clinton would win in a landslide back in 2014 and 1st half of 2015 but then things changed and she lost a lot of momentum with the email scandal and it is still crippling her ability to widen her appeal. I do not hear people say anything with passion or conviction when speaking of Clinton. Many women DO NOT respect her, my wife is a Lib or has been for as long as I've known her and she isn't talking up Clinton at all. I never heard the end of Obama but Hilary, mums the word. 

You guys slip into your DNC cheerleader outfits, that's fine. It's not a quest to be right about Trump. It's about telling you if you really don't want him to be President you all might want to pick a new strategy because whatever the Clinton plan is...NOT working. And she continues to get beaten at the polls, it's obvious folks do not like her. And in all seriousness if Bernie is taken as VP, his campaign and all the people he reached will be for not IMO...I don't believe Sanders/Clinton like each other much but I can see her getting desperate and if for some weird reason the email accusations actually come to light, Sanders could easily take the baton and get the convention vote and pick his own VP. 

I feel like Clinton is damaged goods at this point. I don't like her chances vs Trump at all. I could see Sanders winning and connecting and energizing a lot of people both for good and bad reasons but he has a lot of momentum and grass roots and people waiting int he wings if he were to actually look the front runner suddenly. 

These are crazy times. We have become a culture of reality TV. We now have an entire generation raised with reality TV and internet made up celebrities like the Kardashians for lack of a better example. And people feel like they know Trump for better or worse, Clinton looks like a figurehead in a far off land at times. Have at it, what does a beach bum like me know anyways? 

Yeah, I'm thinking Trump sweeps all 50 states.  I mean he has the momentum, will trash Hillary in the debates, and Hillary will be led out in handcuffs from her hotel suite at least once on the campaign trail.

You DNC'ites keep believing what you want. I don't think many who live here right now feel much Clinton presence. Where you guys go off the road is in your quest to want to be right and support a winner. I posted all of last year that I thought Clinton would win in a landslide back in 2014 and 1st half of 2015 but then things changed and she lost a lot of momentum with the email scandal and it is still crippling her ability to widen her appeal. I do not hear people say anything with passion or conviction when speaking of Clinton. Many women DO NOT respect her, my wife is a Lib or has been for as long as I've known her and she isn't talking up Clinton at all. I never heard the end of Obama but Hilary, mums the word. 
But the important question is will she vote for her?

Yeah, I'm thinking Trump sweeps all 50 states.  I mean he has the momentum, will trash Hillary in the debates, and Hillary will be led out in handcuffs from her hotel suite at least once on the campaign trail.
Boy is this guy going to have a rude awakening come November.

They're still waiving the rebel flag in Davie, Weston, Coral Springs, Sunrise, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, these are big pockets in the west county sections of Broward. The beach areas in Broward and Palm Beach belong to Trump, Debbie Wasserman is really hated down here and she energizes the Trump base big time. I'll concede large pockets of Dade County but you go up around Tampa and the West Coast of FL with Naples, Ft Myers, go up to Sarasota and then all the way up and around the panhandle...those areas are not so slanted Latino. 

You guys slip into your DNC cheerleader outfits, that's fine. It's not a quest to be right about Trump. It's about telling you if you really don't want him to be President you all might want to pick a new strategy because whatever the Clinton plan is...NOT working. And she continues to get beaten at the polls, it's obvious folks do not like her. And in all seriousness if Bernie is taken as VP, his campaign and all the people he reached will be for not IMO...I don't believe Sanders/Clinton like each other much but I can see her getting desperate and if for some weird reason the email accusations actually come to light, Sanders could easily take the baton and get the convention vote and pick his own VP. 

I feel like Clinton is damaged goods at this point. I don't like her chances vs Trump at all. I could see Sanders winning and connecting and energizing a lot of people both for good and bad reasons but he has a lot of momentum and grass roots and people waiting int he wings if he were to actually look the front runner suddenly. 

These are crazy times. We have become a culture of reality TV. We now have an entire generation raised with reality TV and internet made up celebrities like the Kardashians for lack of a better example. And people feel like they know Trump for better or worse, Clinton looks like a figurehead in a far off land at times. Have at it, what does a beach bum like me know anyways? 
My post had nothing to do with "DNC cheerleading". It was about past elections, current and past polls, demographic breakdowns, unfavorables, and trends related to all of that (among other things). I broke it down as best I could without making it 20 paragraphs and added my thoughts. 

Cubans have been voting more Democratic than they used to. Democrats have been dominating Presidential elections in South Florida in recent years. The Hispanic population is growing fast and 60% voted for Obama (with Obama getting 48% of the Cuban vote), the non-Cuban Hispanic vote went heavy to Obama. Blacks will likely go 90% or more for Hillary. Women will likely go strong for Hillary.

I realize you live there. I appreciate the local view, especially breaking down certain parts of the state. Florida will be the closest of the swing states imo but personally I think demographics are not favorable to Trump.

Everyone knows Hillary is a flawed candidate with high unfavorables. Everyone also knows Trump's unfavorables are even higher and are off the charts bad with minorities and women. His bigoted comments and insults are the reason. I can't see how he undoes the insults and gets some of those votes back.

For Trump to win, he has to get more than just the angry white male vote. Demographics are a real problem for Trump. That is literally the only explanation for a candidate as flawed as Hillary to even be close, let alone a pretty heavy favorite to win the election. 

Yeah but MOP has a few Cuban friends and between them and his wife who is un excited about Hillary, Trump's got this. 
To be fair, didn't you explain how in-tune you were to the plight of the urban black community because of the barber you used or something like that?

Yeah but MOP has a few Cuban friends and between them and his wife who is un excited about Hillary, Trump's got this. 
Let's be fair. Nowhere did MOP say that the Cuban population is such that Trump will lock up the Florida vote. He was responding to your post that indicated just the opposite and that he stood no chance (and BTW what the heck is RedState?).

I think he was simply trying to give some perspective as a counter point and thought it was justified from his experience.

Had an interesting conversation with an older black coworker yesterday.

She told me in a lowered tone that she intends to vote Trump but can never say that around another black person.

She talked in depth about how it's not even debatable when she's around other black people...and she finds it's deplorable that because she's black...she HAS to vote a certain way, thus silencing her voice and opinion.

I asked her if she felt the same "pressure" being a woman and having Hillary as a candidate.

She said, "Some...but nothing compared to the level of pressure that's in the black community to simply vote Democrat only."

A customer then came to her station and we had to cut the conversation short...but it left me pondering...

I don't think I've ever been around any white folks that have pressured me in any way to vote Republican simply because I am white.  I'm sure it's out there...maybe in the white supremacist circles...but in general, it's just not happened.  I definitely heard a lot of racist nonsense during Obama's candidacies but can't really say anyone made me feel as if my having a differing opinion should be silenced.

Why isn't this sort of thinking being called out on the carpet?  At it's heart, it's prejudiced in nature and is oddly converse to any notion that a black person has actually obtained the right to vote.  With this sort of pressure...it's not a right to vote, it's a right to vote a certain way.

Thankfully the vote is done secretly...otherwise, I'd shudder to think the percentage of black votes that would be Democrat...it's already an insane percentage but can you imagine if the vote was displayed as you left the booth?

She told me in a lowered tone that she intends to vote Trump but can never say that around another black person.

She talked in depth about how it's not even debatable when she's around other black people...and she finds it's deplorable that because she's black...she HAS to vote a certain way, thus silencing her voice and opinion.

I asked her if she felt the same "pressure" being a woman and having Hillary as a candidate.

She said, "Some...but nothing compared to the level of pressure that's in the black community to simply vote Democrat only."

A customer then came to her station and we had to cut the conversation short...but it left me pondering...

I don't think I've ever been around any white folks that have pressured me in any way to vote Republican simply because I am white.  I'm sure it's out there...maybe in the white supremacist circles...but in general, it's just not happened.  I definitely heard a lot of racist nonsense during Obama's candidacies but can't really say anyone made me feel as if my having a differing opinion should be silenced.

Why isn't this sort of thinking being called out on the carpet?  At it's heart, it's prejudiced in nature and is oddly converse to any notion that a black person has actually obtained the right to vote.  With this sort of pressure...it's not a right to vote, it's a right to vote a certain way.

Thankfully the vote is done secretly...otherwise, I'd shudder to think the percentage of black votes that would be Democrat...it's already an insane percentage but can you imagine if the vote was displayed as you left the booth?
You should visit a Gun show sometime... My Father In-law makes homemade knifes from Antlers that people bring him so has a booth at a lot of these events.. I've been to a few and it is full on "Democrats are Commies and want to take your guns, knifes and your security away"...
The latest :rant: was " Obama plans to make having an air conditioner illegal before he leaves office"

Heard more then once at these events that if you don't vote Republican, you are not an American :eek:
My Father In-law is a Republican, but even he has a hard time listening to some of the crap that is spewed forth at these events.

snogger said:
You should visit a Gun show sometime... My Father In-law makes homemade knifes from Antlers that people bring him so has a booth at a lot of these events.. I've been to a few and it is full on "Democrats are Commies and want to take your guns, knifes and your security away"...
The latest :rant: was " Obama plans to make having an air conditioner illegal before he leaves office"

Heard more then once at these events that if you don't vote Republican, you are not an American :eek:
My Father In-law is a Republican, but even he has a hard time listening to some of the crap that is spewed forth at these events.
Sure, I've heard that rhetoric from Republicans forever and conversely for Dems...but I can't say I can remember hearing, "You're white...you have to vote Republican!"

Hey, maybe Trump could be like a 2 for 1 deal and be his own press secretary or GOP spokesperson in addition to President? 

Here he is in 1991 pretending to be "John Miller" his own publiscist in an interview.

Link

The whole thing is just tremendous, really top notch PR work! 

It certainly is an interesting situation. Black voters tend to be more much more socially conservative than the Democratic Party. A huge portion of African Americans have opinions on many issues that align with conservatives. The problem with the Republican Party is that it still has a perception of being racist, opposing many of the programs that support inner city African Americans and the poor, and has done a very poor job at bringing black people into the party at every level. Being a minority group, if they split their votes up, then they would likely be left with no real voice. If they stick together, they can have a significant enough pull to force leaders to listen to them. 

Interesting article on Sadiq Khan, the new mayor of London

of Britain’s more than 3 million Muslims:
Only 74 percent completely condemn “suicide bombing to fight injustice”;
Only 66 percent completely condemn stoning those who commit adultery;
Only 53 percent completely condemn violence against those who mock Muhammad;
Only 34 percent would contact police if they believed someone close to them was involved with jihadism;
23 percent believe Sharia law should replace British law in areas with large Muslim populations;
52 percent believe homosexuality should be illegal;
31 percent believe polygamy should be legal;
39 percent believe women should always obey their husbands;
35 percent believe Jews have too much power in the UK.

Also interesting - and applicable to this thread:

Khan’s response to Trump was telling, especially when he said: “Trump’s ignorant view of Islam could make both of our countries [the U.S. and Great Britain] less safe—it risks alienating mainstream Muslims around the world and plays into the hands of extremists.” Here, he uses the same rhetoric as other Muslim Brotherhood-linked groups in the West, such as the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which paints Westerners as aggressors who incite jihadism with their words, instead of holding jihadists responsible for their own savagery.

There are two Hillary threads out there, and both of them are getting bogged down with talk about who her opponent will be. That discussion deserves it's own master thread- so here it is!

Already in the race:

Ben Carson

Ted Cruz

Carly Fiorina

Mike Huckabee

Rand Paul

Marco Rubio

Likely to be in the race:

Jeb Bush

Ben Carson

Chris Christie

Lindsay Graham

Mike Huckabee

John Kasich

Rick Perry

Rick Santorum

Scott Walker

Still Considering

John Bolton

Bobby Jindal

John Kasich

Peter King

George Pataki
This thread has fallen so far off page 1 I had to search for it. So in addition to bumping I thought I'd quote this first post. Very interesting what we all were saying early on.

This thread has fallen so far off page 1 I had to search for it. So in addition to bumping I thought I'd quote this first post. Very interesting what we all were saying early on.
Yeah, at that time there wasn't any talk of Donald Trump entering the race...that began about a month later. 

I'll have to say, it seems like Donald is trying to woo my vote...

Trump talks about Clinton role in Vince Foster murder

He called theories of possible foul play “very serious” and the circumstances of Foster’s death “very fishy.”

“He had intimate knowledge of what was going on,” Trump said, speaking of Foster’s relationship with the Clintons at the time. “He knew everything that was going on, and then all of a sudden he committed suicide.”
"all of a sudden"

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2016/10/16/north-carolina-republican-office-torched-by-fire-bomb/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

Now imagine the outcry if a Democrat office got bombed.  Hilary and here cronies would try to start a rebellion for retribution against all of the racists Trump supporting Republicans.  Yet I don't see this incident reported many places.  Huh funny.  I wonder why... 
Oh you mean like this? Missouri Democratic office firebombed

Or how about this? Texas Democrat Senator's office firebombed

Oh wait, here's some more anti-Democrat political terrorism© for you:

Democrat office attacked in Indiana

Nevada Democratic party headquarters vandalized

Nevada Democrat sign vandalized

Michigan Democrat sign vandalized

California Democratic office vandalized

Note that neither Hillary nor her cronies used any of these incidents to start a rebellion. Please bring your A game next time.

©2001 Republican party.

Users who are viewing this thread