What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2016 GOP thread: Is it really going to be Donald Trump?? (1 Viewer)

He's both right and wrong. His brother did help create ISIS by disbanding the Iraqi Army. And OBAMA helped create ISIS by leaving too soon without trying to enforce improvements. And the biggest culprits are the Iraqis themselves, because despite all of our mistakes and wrongdoings, we gave them the extraordinary chance to turn themselves into a much better nation, and they were unwilling/unable to do so.

Not every problem fits into a partisan lens where it's either Bush's fault or Obama's fault. There's plenty of fault to go around. The only important question that Jeb and Hillary and every other candidate needs to answer is: now what? No point looking backwards; it's done.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/13/jeb-bush-iraq_n_7278442.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Jeb Bush: Asking Me 'Hypothetical' Questions About Iraq Does A 'Disservice' To The Troops

WASHINGTON -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush ® has found himself ensnared in his brother's legacy this week, facing questions over whether he would have sent the country to war with Iraq. On Wednesday, Bush argued that he shouldn't even be asked such "hypothetical" questions because they were insulting to... American service members.

On Monday, Fox News aired an interview between Bush and host Megyn Kelly, in which she asked him whether he would have invaded Iraq in 2003, "[k]nowing what we know now" about the inaccurate weapons of mass destruction claims. Bush said he would have authorized the war, just like his brother did.

After several prominent conservatives criticized Bush's answer, the likely GOP presidential candidate said Tuesday that he "interpreted the question wrong."

"I don't know what that decision would have been -- that's a hypothetical," he added. "Simple fact is, mistakes were made."

It's unlikely that this issue is going away anytime soon. Indeed, while on the campaign trail in Reno, Nevada, Wednesday, voters continued to press Bush on national security. According to ABC News, Bush then said that questioning him about what he would have done on Iraq was essentially unpatriotic:

"If were going to get into hypotheticals I think it does a disservice for a lot of people that sacrificed a lot," Bush said after explaining that as governor of Florida he called the family members of service men and women who lost their lives in the war.

He added: "Going back in time and talking about hypotheticals -- what would have happened, what could have happened -- I think, does a disservice for them. What we ought to be focusing on is what are the lessons learned."

The invasion of Iraq is widely regarded to be among one of the worst foreign-policy decisions made by any president and has altered the trajectory of Middle East history in ways that continue to reverberate on a daily basis. In the violence that followed, thousands of Americans, and hundreds of thousands of people in the region, have died or had their lives upended.

During the presidency of Bush's brother, it was common for Iraq War critics to be branded as anti-military or undermining the troops. Republicans labeled calls for withdrawal as a desire to "cut and run" and a "surrender to our enemy." The Democratic Party responded by recruiting a host of veterans to run for Congress
I'm not going to not give Bush points for actually taking questions, I think candidates must do that and should, and we could only imagine, because we must, what Hillary would sound like did she have the courage to face a similar setting and the same set of questions. She doesn't and she won't.

However. Getting past that - his leaping around the subject is pathetic. Sorry, one Bush one Iraq war, two Bush another Iraq war, what should we expect from a third Bush? And then this response?

It's just a horrible response on so many levels.
You're really showing your bias with the whining about Hillary not holding pressers 18 months before an election.
Yaknow, I thought twice about making that comment, but the reality is that Hillary is the race, if you don't talk about how each and every GOP candidate compares vs Hillary now then you will later. In case you didn't look at the link, Bush is in an auditorium, surrounded by voters taking live questions. I'm just saying compare vs what Hillary would say in a similar setting (and let's face it, she won't, maybe ever). If anyone has double standards, its people who are setting a far lower bar for her running for president. Hillary refused time and again to say she regretted her vote - and the fact she spoke influentially and passionately on the floor for the war - and she used the troops as a reason:

"I have, as my friends say, an overactive responsibility gene. I said look, if we had known then what we know now I never would have voted and I did a lot of rhetorical distancing, but I didn't say I made a mistake," Clinton said. "And in part it was because I didn't want to say to the young men and women who were serving in the United States military in Iraq, fighting and dying and being injured, yeah one more person is saying it's a mistake you're there."

"The political pressure was all on me … [to] say you made a mistake," Clinton added, noting she was reluctant to do so because "I knew some of these young men who were serving and I knew how important it was for them to feel supported."
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/06/why-hillary-clinton-didnt-apologize-for-iraq-vote-during-2008-campaign/

You asked and I answered. Obviously this is about Bush and he raises so many issues in his answer so it's much more than that, but I think the title of the HuffPo piece...

Jeb Bush: Asking Me 'Hypothetical' Questions About Iraq Does A 'Disservice' To The Troops
...should be considered in that context.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/05/13/college-student-to-jeb-bush-your-brother-created-isis/

College Student to Jeb Bush: "Your Brother Created ISIS"

RENO, Nev. "Your brother created ISIS," the young woman told Jeb Bush. And with that, Ivy Ziedrich, a 19-year-old college student, created the kind of confrontational moment here on Wednesday morning that presidential candidates dread.

Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. Ziedrich demanded to be heard. "Governor Bush," she shouted as audience members asked him for his autograph. "Would you take a student question?"

Mr. Bush whirled around and looked at Ms. Ziedrich, who identified herself as a political science major and a college Democrat at the University of Nevada.

She had heard Mr. Bush argue, a few moments before, that Americas retreat from the Middle East under President Obama had contributed to the growing power of the Islamic State. She told the former governor that he was wrong, and made the case that blame lay with the decision by the administration of his brother George W. Bush to disband the Iraqi Army.

"It was when 30,000 individuals who were part of the Iraqi military were forced out they had no employment, they had no income, and they were left with access to all of the same arms and weapons," Ms. Ziedrich said.

She added: "Your brother created ISIS."

Mr. Bush interjected. "All right. Is that a question?"

Ms. Ziedrich was not finished. "You dont need to be pedantic to me, sir."

"Pedantic? Wow," Mr. Bush replied.

Then Ms. Ziedrich asked: "Why are you saying that ISIS was created by us not having a presence in the Middle East when its pointless wars where we send young American men to die for the idea of American exceptionalism? Why are you spouting nationalist rhetoric to get us involved in more wars?"

Mr. Bush replied: "We respectfully disagree. We have a disagreement. When we left Iraq, security had been arranged, Al Qaeda had been taken out. There was a fragile system that could have been brought up to eliminate the sectarian violence."

He added: "And we had an agreement that the president could have signed that would have kept 10,000 troops, less than we have in Korea, could have created the stability that would have allowed for Iraq to progress. The result was the opposite occurred. Immediately, that void was filled."

He concluded: "Look, you can rewrite history all you want. But the simple fact is that we are in a much more unstable place because American pulled back."

Mr. Bush turned away. The conversation was over.
I'm not going to get into the merits of the question or answer or the facts, but I think this highlights how much Bush is compromised on the issue. He cannot separate himself from the issue emotionally or personally. In every situation he has to personally defend his brother in addition to just discussing the issue at hand.

That chick sounds like the girl that everyone avoids (regardless of political leanings) so as to not get into a conversation with while in a big group of people. And if she somehow corners you, your mind races to figure out an excuse to run away.

That chick sounds like the girl that everyone avoids (regardless of political leanings) so as to not get into a conversation with while in a big group of people. And if she somehow corners you, your mind races to figure out an excuse to run away.
Perhaps. Does it matter that she's right, and Jeb is FOS?

No, any time anyone uses the term "pedantic" in an encounter like that they automatically have lost solely based on being unbearable. Just an automatic go straight to jail and DO NOT collect $200 card.

No, any time anyone uses the term "pedantic" in an encounter like that they automatically have lost solely based on being unbearable. Just an automatic go straight to jail and DO NOT collect $200 card.
"He can be pedantic. He can certainly be pedantic"- Costanza

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/joe-scarborough-jeb-bush-iraq?utm_content=buffered0b4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Scarborough Stunned By Jeb Bush on Iraq: 'This Is A Mental Thing' (VIDEO)

How bad was this week for likely presidential contender and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush ®? Bad enough that MSNBC host Joe Scarborough on Thursday said he might have gotten him all wrong.

"I've been talking about how smart Jeb is and how competent Jeb is the last three days have just been really bad for Jeb Bush," Scarborough said on "Morning Joe."

Scarborough was in disbelief over Bush's repeated blunders this week in trying to answer whether he would have invaded Iraq like his brother George W. Bush, knowing what he knows now about the results of the war.

The MSNBC host, who supported the war in 2003, asked contributor and Bloomberg's Mark Halperin to pose the Iraq question to him.

"No, it was a horrible idea, as bad an idea as sticking your face in a blender, what's your next question?" Scarborough said, to laughter from the panel.

Scarborough then turned to Nicole Wallace, former communications director to President George W. Bush.

"What's wrong with Jeb Bush?" he asked. "This a mental thing, isn't it?"

"I don't work for Jeb, I don't talk to Jeb," she answered.

Still, Wallace ended up echoing one of Bush's many responses this week, that he stumbled over the Iraq questions due to his respect for the troops.

"I mean, he got on the phone with people whose husbands and fathers had died and so I think it's very difficult to say, you know, it wasn't worth it," she said.

Watch the clip: (found at link).

My impression: he was not prepared for what has to be the No. 1 issue he would have to be prepped on. Getting past the stances (plural) being unprepared for this issue is just terrible.

My impression: he was not prepared for what has to be the No. 1 issue he would have to be prepped on. Getting past the stances (plural) being unprepared for this issue is just terrible.
Perhaps not yet ready for prime time, and as the link below mentions he had years to prepare for the answer. Looks like he finally got it right.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/fourth-times-the-charm

Fourth times the charm?

By Steve Benen

"If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?" Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush ® gave three very different answers to that question in three days, none of which made sense.

Today, as msnbcs Kasie Hunt reported, was Answer #4.

After days of equivocation, Jeb Bush on Thursday declared: "Knowing what we know now, what would we have done, I would not have engaged. I would not have gone into Iraq."

"Thats not to say that the world isnt safer because Saddam Hussein is gone. The world is safer," Bush said. He went on to say it also didnt mean the sacrifices of troops who died in Iraq, and their families, were not wasted, he explained his difficulty answering the question as concern for military service members who fought in the war.

This should, in theory, end the excruciating political test that the Republican presidential hopeful was failing miserably. Indeed, if Jeb Bush had answered the question this way with Fox News Megyn Kelly, there would have been no controversy.

He knew the question was coming, and he had literally years to prepare a good answer, but the Florida Republican flubbed this badly anyway.

For those keeping track at home:

On Monday, "If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?" Bush said he would have launched the war anyway.

On Tuesday: "If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?" Bush said he doesnt know what he would have done.

On Wednesday: "If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?" Bush said he doesnt even want to answer the question at all, because a response would be a disservice to U.S. troops.

And on Thursday: "If you knew in 2003 what we know now, would you have launched the war in Iraq?" Bush said he wouldnt have launched the war.

His clarification needed a clarification, which needed further clarifying.

The headline on Gail Collins new New York Times column continues to stand out: Wow, Jeb Bush is awful.

I'm no Jeb defender, but using Gail Collins as your citation towards authority shouldn't just be a logical error, you should make it a double with an orange peel.

Perhaps not yet ready for prime time, and as the link below mentions he had years to prepare for the answer. Looks like he finally got it right.

Fourth times the charm?

I can't quite even get to the issue (another thread) or his variegations on it, and after getting past the very issue of how compromised he is on this because of his inherent and understandable connection to his dad and brother, who both invaded Iraq, I'm trying to think of what could possibly go wrong with a president who can't quite understand a question posed to him, after 1, 2, 3 times, on the subject of war. Not to mention Campaign Day 1 when he first discussed going over his policy positions to run for president his team probably handed him a memo with Agenda Item No. 1 being this very subject, how is he fumbling around for his crib sheet?

Fourth times the charm?

I can't quite even get to the issue (another thread) or his variegations on it, and after getting past the very issue of how compromised he is on this because of his inherent and understandable connection to his dad and brother, who both invaded Iraq, I'm trying to think of what could possibly go wrong with a president who can't quite understand a question posed to him, after 1, 2, 3 times, on the subject of war. Not to mention Campaign Day 1 when he first discussed going over his policy positions to run for president his team probably handed him a memo with Agenda Item No. 1 being this very subject, how is he fumbling around for his crib sheet?
I am not sure you can say we invaded Iraq in Dessert Storm. We did a left hook that did 'techinically' involve Iraqi territory but the objective was to liberate Kuwait and trap Iraqi forces. The cease fire was called after it turned into a turkey shoot and before our forces turned north to Baghdad. Further, not too many people say that we should not have gone to war in the First Gulf War.

Fourth times the charm?

I am not sure you can say we invaded Iraq in Dessert Storm. We did a left hook that did 'techinically' involve Iraqi territory but the objective was to liberate Kuwait and trap Iraqi forces. The cease fire was called after it turned into a turkey shoot and before our forces turned north to Baghdad. Further, not too many people say that we should not have gone to war in the First Gulf War.
I really don't want to debate the issue here, but George Sr. did go into Iraq IIRC, that's an invasion. And the inspection protocol set up in Iraq War I was the reason for Iraq War II. I wouldn't count it really but let's face it, two Bushes, two Iraq Wars.

John Kerry is an example of a guy who voted against Iraq I but for Iraq II. Of course he is our SOS now.

So who is going to be in the ABC debate? Only announced candidates? That would mean no Walker, no Bush, no Christie...

So who is going to be in the ABC debate? Only announced candidates? That would mean no Walker, no Bush, no Christie...
It would be kind of odd to have a someone debate at one of those debates that was not running (or at least who had announced they were).

Chadstroma, on 14 May 2015 - 7:56 PM, said:
timschochet, on 14 May 2015 - 4:26 PM, said:So who is going to be in the ABC debate? Only announced candidates? That would mean no Walker, no Bush, no Christie...
It would be kind of odd to have a someone debate at one of those debates that was not running (or at least who had announced they were).
IIRC correctly, back in 2012 there was an early GOP debate that Romney and a few others didn't show up for, and that allowed Herman Cain to become prominent for the first time with his "999" plan. So maybe we'll see something like that again.

Chadstroma said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
squistion said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Perhaps not yet ready for prime time, and as the link below mentions he had years to prepare for the answer. Looks like he finally got it right.http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/fourth-times-the-charm

Fourth times the charm?

Is that you Jeb?

I didn't mean to laugh. I didn't even read the first post. I just figured tin posting "I know you all hate me, but the GOP..."

Chadstroma said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
squistion said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Perhaps not yet ready for prime time, and as the link below mentions he had years to prepare for the answer. Looks like he finally got it right.http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/fourth-times-the-charm

Fourth times the charm?

Is that you Jeb?
:rolleyes: Ok. So, your position is that we invaded Iraq in Dessert Storm and that we should not have? Please- present your case.

Jeb how now changed his answer 3 times:

1. I would have invaded.

2. I don't know; its a dumb hypothetical and insulting to our troops.

3. I would not have invaded, but we are safer now because my brother did.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
squistion said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:

Fourth times the charm?

1. I would have invaded.

Politically, it's senseless. His number one job as a candidate was distancing himself from his brother and the biggest issue on George's bio, the Iraq War.

Now Jeb has placed it front and center in his own campaign.

1. I would have invaded.

The worst of it was saying something to the effect that there's no space between him and W on this issue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/17/marco-rubio-iraq-_n_7300400.html

Marco Rubio Struggles To Explain Whether He Thinks Invading Iraq Was A 'Mistake'

(video at link)

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) struggled to reconcile past statements he has made about the 2003 invasion of Iraq with an answer on whether he thought the decision to invade was a mistake during an appearance on "Fox News Sunday."

Last week, Rubio was asked whether he would have still authorized a war, knowing what is known now about Iraq and its lack of weapons of mass destruction. He unequivocally said no.

"Not only would I not have been in favor of it, President [George W.] Bush would not have been in favor of it, and he said so," Rubio said following a foreign policy speech at the Council of Foreign Relations in New York.

On Sunday, however, Rubio rejected the rationale behind host Chris Wallace's question about whether the senator and 2016 presidential contender had flip-flopped on the issue, since he had said in March that it was not a mistake to invade the country. Wallace and Rubio spoke over each other as they attempted to sort out the semantics of the question.

"Those are two different questions; it was not a mistake," Rubio said. "The question was whether it was a mistake, and my answer was it was not a mistake. I still say it was not a mistake, because the president was presented with intelligence that said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction ... [bush] made the right decision based on what he knew at that time. We learned subsequently that information was wrong. My answer is, at the time, it appears the intelligence was wrong."

Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee announced today! That makes it, officially:

Ben Carson

Ted Cruz

Carly Fiorina

Mike Huckabee

Rand Paul

Marco Rubio
Kucinich also getting in now.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ohio-gov-john-kasich-virtually-run-president-sources/story?id=31105452

And Pataki will be getting in too:

http://www.examiner.com/article/former-ny-governor-george-pataki-to-enter-2016-gop-presidential-race-on-may-28

So is Graham:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/lindsey-graham-2016-presidential-announcement-june-1-118047.html#ixzz3aUhizIQW

If you count Walker and Bush, say also Santorum and Christie, I think one thing that's interesting about the GOP field is not the much discussed diversity, but the geographical diversity:

Florida x2

Wisconsin

Ohio

Kentucky

California

Arkansas

Texas

NY

PA

NJ

SC

Michigan

The Demos so far:

NY

VT

MD

RI

Lindsay Graham: Iraq was NOT a mistake.

You gotta give the guy some credit. Every other candidate is running away from this war as fast as they can, but not Lindsay. He voted for it at the time and he sticking with it.

Hey I agree. Hillary's answer was straight on too today. Of course they are both like the golfers who have already seen two guys putt on their line already, and Hillary went through the same sumersauts in 2008, but pretty much the way to handle the question is apparent now.

SaintsInDome2006, on 19 May 2015 - 7:09 PM, said:Hey I agree. Hillary's answer was straight on too today. Of course they are both like the golfers who have already seen two guys putt on their line already, and Hillary went through the same sumersauts in 2008, but pretty much the way to handle the question is apparent now.
Graham deserves more credit, even though I disagree with him.

As much as I like Hillary, going against the grain (or public opinion) is not exactly something she does often, or well.

Lindsay Graham: Iraq was NOT a mistake.

You gotta give the guy some credit. Every other candidate is running away from this war as fast as they can, but not Lindsay. He voted for it at the time and he sticking with it.
You get zero credit for refusing to acknowledge obvious mistakes. Graham is a bafoon.

The latest Iowa polling has Walker slightly ahead of Huckabee and Cruz, with Bush and Rubio way down the list.

I don't believe that Bush or Rubio (or Christie) has any chance of winning Iowa. They "win" Iowa so long as Walker does not win Iowa. As I see it, Walker remains the one conservative choice in the race who could challenge one of the two or three establishment candidates. But Walker, in order to do this, has to win Iowa and unify the conservative vote.

If Huckabee or Cruz win Iowa, then the rest of the country's Republicans will panic and select one of the establishment guys, whoever wins New Hampshire or Florida- Bush or Rubio, with Christie an outside shot. (That's how McCain won in 2008). If Walker wins, it's a whole new ballgame- conservatives will be energized because they have a real candidate for the first time in years, and we'll see a repeat of 1964.

The latest Iowa polling has Walker slightly ahead of Huckabee and Cruz, with Bush and Rubio way down the list.

I don't believe that Bush or Rubio (or Christie) has any chance of winning Iowa. They "win" Iowa so long as Walker does not win Iowa. As I see it, Walker remains the one conservative choice in the race who could challenge one of the two or three establishment candidates. But Walker, in order to do this, has to win Iowa and unify the conservative vote.

If Huckabee or Cruz win Iowa, then the rest of the country's Republicans will panic and select one of the establishment guys, whoever wins New Hampshire or Florida- Bush or Rubio, with Christie an outside shot. (That's how McCain won in 2008). If Walker wins, it's a whole new ballgame- conservatives will be energized because they have a real candidate for the first time in years, and we'll see a repeat of 1964.
Do you have a link to this latest poll?

Sorry no it was on the radio this morning. Something like Walker at 24%, Cruz and Huckabee tied at 22, everyone else considerably lower.

Rand Paul is Goldwater. Nobody else, though Walker is a conservative candidate many people could get behind.

Rand Paul is Goldwater. Nobody else, though Walker is a conservative candidate many people could get behind.
GOP wing candidates since 1950: Goldwater

Demo wing candidates since 1950: Stevenson x2 (Ike sucked all the air out the middle), McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Obama.

If anything Clinton's DLC was an attempted destruction of the left wing because supposedly they had killed their electoral chances. Funny how quickly the base forgets.

I'm not sure JFK was to the left or right of HHH or LBJ but he sure as heck tried to out-anticommunist them.

Sorry no it was on the radio this morning. Something like Walker at 24%, Cruz and Huckabee tied at 22, everyone else considerably lower.
RCP does a pretty good job of updating polls and their last Iowa Republican result is from May 6.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/#

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

I can't find anything online about a new poll. If Walker, Cruz and Huckabee are where you state they are, no one's ahead. All would be within each others margin of error and would be tied.

Fox News has announced that the first debate will have 10, not 8 candidates- whoever is leading in the polls at that time. CNN will do the same except they will feature a separate debate for the "second tier" candidates.

As of now, per national polling, the 10 candidates would be:

Bush

Rubio

Walker

Cruz

Huckabee

Paul

Carson

Santorum

Christie

Perry

Fiorina, Jindal, Graham, Kasich, Pataki, Bolton et al would all be in the minor league debate...

For some reason this does not surprise me:

http://www.eonline.com/news/659339/mick-huckabee-defends-josh-duggar-amid-molestation-allegations-good-people-make-mistakes

Mike Huckabee Defends Josh Duggar Amid Molestation Allegations: "Good People Make Mistakes"

Well, here's one person who's speaking out in support of Josh Duggar amid the shocking molestation allegations.

The Duggar family is making headlines this week because of a recently unearthed Arkansas police report which states that Josh was interviewed back in 2006 in response to an accusation that he had sexually abused underage girls in 2002 and 2003. [...]

Now, conservative politician and Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee is voicing his support for the 19 Kids and Counting star.

"Janet and I want to affirm our support for the Duggar family. Josh's actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, 'inexcusable,' but that doesn't mean 'unforgivable.' He and his family dealt with it and were honest and open about it with the victims and the authorities," the 59-year-old Republican wrote on his Facebook page Friday. "No purpose whatsoever is served by those who are now trying to discredit Josh or his family by sensationalizing the story. Good people make mistakes and do regrettable and even disgusting things. The reason that the law protects disclosure of many actions on the part of a minor is that the society has traditionally understood something that today's blood-thirsty media does not understand - that being a minor means that one's judgement [sic] is not mature. No one needs to defend Josh's actions as a teenager, but the fact that he confessed his sins to those he harmed, sought help, and has gone forward to live a responsible and circumspect life as an adult is testament to his family's authenticity and humility."

Huckabee continued, "Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive bloodthirst, for there was no consideration of the fact that the victims wanted this to be left in the past and ultimately a judge had the information on file destroyednot to protect Josh, but the innocent victims. Janet and I love Jim Bob and Michelle and their entire family. They are no more perfect a family than any family, but their Christian witness is not marred in our eyes because following Christ is not a declaration of our perfection, but of HIS perfection. It is precisely because we are all sinners that we need His grace and His forgiveness. We have been blessed to receive God's love and we would do no less than to extend our love and support for our friends. In fact, it is such times as this, when real friends show up and stand up. Today, Janet and I want to show up and stand up for our friends. Let others run from them. We will run to them with our support."

Fox News has announced that the first debate will have 10, not 8 candidates- whoever is leading in the polls at that time. CNN will do the same except they will feature a separate debate for the "second tier" candidates.

Bush

Rubio

Walker

Cruz

Huckabee

Paul

Carson

Santorum

Christie

Perry

Fiorina, Jindal, Graham, Kasich, Pataki, Bolton et al would all be in the minor league debate...
I think it's fantastic we have so many candidates from the GOP.

How is Wlker a more real candidate than McCain or even Mitt?

Bush

Rubio

Walker

Cruz

Huckabee

Paul

Carson

Santorum

Christie

Perry

I think it's fantastic we have so many candidates from the GOP.
Why? Seems bizarre to have so many people running. Looks more like a group of opportunists trying to promote their own personal books/radio/celebrity than lead the party and promote conservatism.

wdcrob said:
Will be pretty good theater if a recent primary or caucus winner isn't in the top 10 nationally when FOX makes its determination about who's in and who's out.
It will be super fun whenever Trump announces and ends up in the top 10 just on name recognition alone. I mean, the cutoff's going to be somewhere around 2-3 percent.

Users who are viewing this thread