What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll: Should We Start Referring to Odell Beckham as 'OB'? (1 Viewer)

Should we start referring to Odell Beckham as 'OB'?

• Yes

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 86.3%

• Total voters

cstu

Footballguy
I'm tired of people randomly using 'ODB' and 'OBJ'.

There are no other players with his initials so I suggest simply using 'OB' like we did with LT.

Yes or no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its OBJ. ODB doesn't even make sense. Ladainian wasn't referred to as LDT. Come on.

People are stubborn, I gave a rational explanation in the Odell Beckham Jr. thread and there's still some people using the dumb ODB. It's OBJ, end of story.

and yes I'm stubborn too

Yeah... It's Odell Beckham Jr. There's no debate here really... ODB was Old Dirty *******. Just because a nickname isn't taken in the same sport doesn't mean it doesn't work. OBJ chose his nickname and specifically stated he didn't quite understand the ODB (neither do I). The reason he's not OB is because his name isn't Odell Beckham... it's Odell Beckham Jr. So OBJ.

Stop saying ODB, it's wrong. Stop saying OB, it's also wrong. It's OBJ.

/end thread

We were yelling ODB in the stands all through his college career. We were extremely intoxicated at the time though. We tried OBJ a few times but its hard to get out in that state.

OBJ and everything else is horrible.
Why the J - is there another OB out there that we might confuse him with?
its one letter.

cant believe this is really a discussion. :lol:
Not only that but it's there because it's his friggin name.

We call Robert Griffin III RG3 do we not? Nobody goes around calling him RG. If I had to guess probably because his name isn't Robert Griffin, it's Robert Griffin III. Just like Odell Beckham Jr's name isn't Odell Beckham, it's Odell Beckham Jr, hence OBJ.

OB1three

Gotta be an Obi Wan Keno-bee tie in somewhere there.
Because he's a freaking Jedi. OB Wan Three

If Calvin Johnson can be Megatron without any reference to his name, I think OB wan 3 (or Obi/OB for short) works perfect with the new Star Wars coming out this year.

ODB is Old Dirty *******. So, take that out.

OBJ doesn't flow. And it gets mixed up with ODB way too much.

Let's cut the crap and use OB.

Yeah... It's Odell Beckham Jr. There's no debate here really... ODB was Old Dirty *******. Just because a nickname isn't taken in the same sport doesn't mean it doesn't work. OBJ chose his nickname and specifically stated he didn't quite understand the ODB (neither do I). The reason he's not OB is because his name isn't Odell Beckham... it's Odell Beckham Jr. So OBJ.

Stop saying ODB, it's wrong. Stop saying OB, it's also wrong. It's OBJ.

/end thread
How is OB be wrong? That's like claiming that people are saying a name wrong if they only use someone's first name.

Also, people don't get to chose their nickname. Now that he's established himself in the big leagues he gets a big league nickname. OB Wan 3

At least it's better than the poster that tried to get people to call Arian Foster, Arian-nation. He was an idiot.

This is similar to "the dress" fiasco that took over social media. Some see him as ODB while others see him as OBJ. I see ODB when i watch him.

"OH"

Over-hyped.

Can't wait until the fans projections start trickling in this summer. "Well to start with he had X/game last year, but that was with no time to learn the offense due to injury so multiply that by Y, plus Manning will be in his contract year trying really, REALLY hard so multiply that by Z, and...."

"OH"

Over-hyped.
This could catch on.

He is 100% without a doubt overhyped, but he also doesnt need to produce near that hype to be a huge stud.
If anyone is really expecting him to continue his 6 game EOY pace of 10 recepetions, 150 yards and 2 TDs. That's more or less impossible. You'd be talking 160 receptions for 2400 yards and 32 TDs. Nobody is that stupid to think he can do something like that, or anyone can for that matter.

That said, I don't think it's out of the question to say he'll finish as the #1 fantasy WR this year. And I'd say short of injury he'll likely finish Top 3-5 anyway. My opinion on the subject matter is... if you draft a guy as the #1 WR/RB/TE whatever you're expecting them to finish Top 5 in the position. If you draft him as say the 2nd WR off the board and he finishes 4th, is that really over-hyped or a bust? No absolutely not.

I think a fair assumption for him this season is somewhere in the range of 100 receptions, 1700 yards and 12-14 TDs. With a low end projection of 85 rec, 1400 yards, 10 TDs.

I really don't forsee him having less than 10 TDs, he's just too good at high pointing the ball and shaking a defender loose. The only way I see his low end projection hitting is in the event Cruz comes back to 100% form and it's just too hard to spread the ball around enough for Eli. That said, I'm also thinking that Eli will end up improving again statistically this season. If Eli ends up having another near 5000 yard season, there's no reason that Beckham can't have 16-1700 yards while Cruz has 1100 or so.

Either way, I don't see how you can say he's overhyped. This isn't like a Doug Martin situation where Beckham put up 2 games of 300 yards and 4 TDs and that inflated his stats. No, he dominated week in and week out, double team or no double team. Bracketed safety or not. It didn't matter, he was completely uncoverable in year 1. It's kind of hard to over hype that.

Either way, I don't see how you can say he's overhyped. This isn't like a Doug Martin situation where Beckham put up 2 games of 300 yards and 4 TDs and that inflated his stats. No, he dominated week in and week out, double team or no double team. Bracketed safety or not. It didn't matter, he was completely uncoverable in year 1. It's kind of hard to over hype that.
At least this paragraph helped everyone else reading understand what we mean by overhyped.

Eli's got a long and storied history of latching onto a shiny, new toy, leading to absurd expectations moving forward, only to have him disappoint those investing their futures in him. The Other Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, and Victor Cruz were all victims of Eli Manning Tunnel Vision syndrome.

I don't know if it's Eli or the coaching staff that generally regulates that receiving balance over the next off-season, but chalk me up for the "Beckham comes no where near expectations" column. He's a good receiver, but he's not going to get force fed like that again, for a sustained stretch. I'd be shocked with much more than 1100/8, which is (of course) still awesome, but I'm expecting median projections somewhere in the 100/1450/12 range, and I think disappointment is all but assured.

We've read this chapter before. We know how it ends. Coughlin would rather have his team try to excel than pad some WR's statlines. :shrug:

I call him ODB and will keep calling him ODB. He is the reincarnation of big baby Jesus and he has returned to the home of the Wu. His styles are unbreakable and shatterproof.

Users who are viewing this thread