What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Private Antsports Mock 14-team (1 Viewer)

tombonneau

Footballguy
Running a private 14-team mock on antsports. We've run a few of these through FBG (only 12's so far) & we take them very seriously. If you can't make picks in a timely manner during the work day, pls don't apply.These mocks run very smoothly and usually finish in 2-3 days. We only had one case of computer selection in an overnight time out, but I've basically removed this problem by extending the time limit to 24hrs.Email me at tombonneau@hotmail.com if you are interested and I will forward on the info. Hoping to get it filled today so we can start later in the afternoon.

*mini-bump*about halfway filled at this point. come on, i know some of you 10-12 team ladies are itching to see what the 14 team leagues are all about. :hot:

Maybe people don't trust mocks anymore.Hey folks, some of us in this draft were in a 12 team mock a couple of weeks ago that ended in about 3 (is that right fellas?) days so it wasn't the painful exercise it normally is. Tombonneau started it and had no reservations of "speeding up" the draft when there were laggards.Doesn't anyone want to play with us?

stepping away from my desk for a bit, so if anyone is interested, i'll post the nec. info here so you dont' have to email me...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Your Private Draft: FBG 06/09/03 Mock, is ready!

Here is some info about your Private Draft :

Your Signup Page is at :

http://www.antsports.com/private_drafts/

Your Signup Password : monday

14 teams is alot more then I normally draft, but what the hell, its always good to have to dig deep for the 16th round selection.

Does it take a while to register the information? I signed up but on my User Page it still says "Not signed up for any mock drafts." The mock no longer is listed on the private page though.

OK. For those not in the league but are interested in how it goes here's the draft order.1. Felons 2. I'd Rather Be Golfing 3. Swarm 4. Tom 5. East Bay Funk 6. Griswold 7. Spankster8. No Blowholes 9. Operation Shutdown 10. Spartans Rule 11. Minneapolis Millionaires 12. 1RQB 13. Minich 14. Blackened Voodoo This is a 14 Team TE Req Draft, 16 Rounds.Starting lineup: 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 DTLet's post our individual picks and at the end of each round, I'll post the complete rosters as I have nothing better to do.Using AntSports High Performance Scoring System 1 point per 10 yards rushing1 point per 10 yards receiving1 point per 20 yards passing1 point per reception6 points for each rushing TD6 points for each receiving TD4 points for each passing TD1 points for each INTFG scoring : FGs < 30 yards : 3 pointsFGs >= 30 yards : 1 point per 10 yards distance (50 yard FG = 5 points). DT/Special Team Scoring : DT/ST TD = 6 pointsSafety = 2 pointsINT = 1 pointFumble = 1 pointSack = 1 point DefensivePoints Allowed Points-------------- -----Shutout 102 - 6 87 - 10 611 - 14 415 - 19 220+ 0The picks so far.1.01 Felons Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SDC1.02 I'd Rather Be Golfing Williams, Ricky L. RB MIA 1.03 Swarm McAllister, Deuce RB NOS 1.04 Tom Portis, Clinton RB DEN 1.05 East Bay Funk Alexander, Shaun RB SEA 1.06 Griswold Faulk, Marshall RB STL 1.07 Spankster Holmes, Priest RB KCC 1.08 No Blowholes Harrison, Marvin WR IND 1.09 Operation Shutdown Green, Ahman RB GBP 1.10 Spartans Rule Henry, Travis RB BUF 1.11 Minneapolis Millionaires Owens, Terrell WR SFO Feel free to mock the mock FBGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackened Voodoo here ... I am chomping at the bit..

:wall:
Interesting you should say it that way. I always thought "chomping at the bit" was correct and "champing at the bit" was not. I found out yesterday that BOTH are correct. GB dictionary.com.Who knew?

Blackened Voodoo here ... I am chomping at the bit..

:football:
Interesting you should say it that way. I always thought "chomping at the bit" was correct and "champing at the bit" was not. I found out yesterday that BOTH are correct. GB dictionary.com.Who knew?
How about that? Learn something new every day. :thumbup:

Two nice picks by Blackened Voodoo...1.14 Blackened Voodoo Taylor, Fred RB JAC 2.01 Blackened Voodoo Barber, Tiki RB NYGI'll start posting rosters after round 2.

starting in the 2nd round, i like to exercise a 90min time limit on picks. with 14 teams, i might even go to 60, we'll see how things hold up.i'm going to be out of the office from 10amPST to possibly 12:30-1PST, so in my absence i might deputize someone to act as de facto commish if the draft is held up.i 2nd, two great picks on the flip. picking towards the end of R1 might actually be the way to go in a 14 team. that's why i wanted to try this out.

So did 1RQB make his own pick or did you do it for him Tom? I like the idea of 60 minutes max per pick during daytime hours.

I was also thinking the same about drafting at the end of Round 1 in a 14 teamer. I would be happy with Fred and Tiki. It will be interesting to see what makes it to him at the end of Round 3. That is alot of players that will go off the board, but nonetheless, a nice start.

I 2nd, two great picks on the flip. Picking towards the end of R1 might actually be the way to go in a 14 team. that's why i wanted to try this out.
I like picking last or next-to-last in 12- and 14-team serpentine drafts, also.

no he made that pick. prob. just a west coast guy and he made his pick when he got up this morning.i'll keep the limit at 90min for rounds 2-3, then maybe drop it to 60 from then on. people got a bit testy when i made some picks last time. :P

Manning - the official first reach. :Pgood to see this will be somewhat replicating my league where guys make a few picks like that.

Wow. Looks to me that if you draft anywhere 1-12 in a 14 team that you should go RB even if you can get Harrison or Owens. I do not like Jamal Lewis as my #1 rb. I had hoped that one of Dillon/Taylor/James would fall to me. Got caught with my pants down.

2.05 Spartans Rule Garner, Charlie RB OAK 2.06 Operation Shutdown Bennett, Michael RB MIN 2.07 No Blowholes Martin, Curtis RB NYJ I like the Bennett pick. I wish I had the guts to draft him as my #1 rb as Tice has said that he'll leave him in at the goalline more this year. He won't be the third down back, however as his pass blocking needs to improve.

Manning - the official first reach. :Pgood to see this will be somewhat replicating my league where guys make a few picks like that.
It's ballsy of 1RQB to lay off RBs the first two rounds.

Manning - the official first reach. :)good to see this will be somewhat replicating my league where guys make a few picks like that.
Ballsy? Add a new word to the language filter!His starting RBs will end up Kevin Faulk and Moe Williams. :P :P

I want to see what his starting backs will be. I am not knocking the pick, but I would grab at least 1 RB with my first two picks in a 14 teamer. But, to each his own. You gotta grab who YOU think is the best choice, not what anyone else thinks.

I want to see what his starting backs will be. I am not knocking the pick, but I would grab at least 1 RB with my first two picks in a 14 teamer. But, to each his own. You gotta grab who YOU think is the best choice, not what anyone else thinks.
I am interested in seeing how it shakes out for him, too.Hey, in my main pay league, a guy once won the league after drafting WR-WR-WR in the first three rounds. :P Yeah, it was a start-three-WR league ... and yeah, those WRs were Jerry Rice, Herman Moore, and Michael Irvin ... and yeah, it was 1995 ... but still -- it can happen.

i don't like how my hand is basically being forced to go RB-RB here. :P but you really have to if you want 2 quality RBs in a 14-team. which is why i think the flip is perfect. get two legit RB1s, then at the flip again, i'm sure there will be two quality WRs available, thanks to everyone else reaching for their RB2s...........

I like the Bennett pick. I wish I had the guts to draft him as my #1 rb as Tice has said that he'll leave him in at the goalline more this year. He won't be the third down back, however as his pass blocking needs to improve.
It's a gamble, but I'd be banking on the TDs jumping into the 8-10 range. Every year there seems to be that one guy who's not considered a goal-line back, but wins over the coaches. Last year it was Barber, this year could be Bennett (or maybe Garner). I'd actually be more concerned with Culpepper's goal-line TDs than Moe Williams.

i don't like how my hand is basically being forced to go RB-RB here. :P but you really have to if you want 2 quality RBs in a 14-team. which is why i think the flip is perfect. get two legit RB1s, then at the flip again, i'm sure there will be two quality WRs available, thanks to everyone else reaching for their RB2s...........
More good things about being at "the flip":On AntSports mock -- easier to keep average selection time below 30 minutes to qualify for serious mocks.

In real-life live drafts (if you're the commish) -- gives commissioners time between picks to keep up with paperwork, keep time limits, phone lateniks, etc.

ok, i'll be gone for a few hours, but i preranked for 2 and i think i did enough for 3. i'm sure i'll be back before we get to r4.

Spankster goes with Stephen Davis at 2.8 (22), and thus quietly slips out of the gate with a pair of very solid RBs (Priest, too).

2.09 Griswold: Green, William RB CLE The run on RBs continue. I like his upside and the way he finished last season. 2.10 East Bay Funk: Vick, Michael QB ATL Sorry guys, I had pre-drafted Curtis Martin but I didn't think he'd be gone by this pick. Vick is the best running back left. 2.11 Tom: George, Eddie RB TEN Not thrilled with him, but what's a guy to do 2.12 Swarm: Staley, Duce .............. 21 out of the top 26 selections are RB.

Users who are viewing this thread