What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 SSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
League website is here. http://www10.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/33030#0

password is fbgssl1

Draft officially starts at 8am Monday, but mfl will be rolling at 9:45 tonite. Remember mfl is for tracking purposes and the actually timer will be based on the picks in the draft thread.

I let mfl set the draft order and I drew the first pick. Woohoo! Give me some Gronk.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok we are off to a crazy start......

went in as commish and made the 1.01 pick on MFL for bass

1.01 Gronk

tried to pm tex but hs inbox is full

then I saw where he is listed the second time (pick 11) that he has predrafted....

so....I am assuming Busman can have the 2 hole and is now OTC

I will pm busman and make the name change on mfl.....

OK, some of the typos should be cleaned up. Sorry about that, was on the road until about 9 last when I arrived at a home I'm woking at today. It was a quantity or quality effort last nite to get the ready for the morning.

1.01 Bassnbrew - Gronkowski
1.02 Busman - J.Charles
1.03 Fullback Fro - Forte
1.04 Rudy
1.05 by_the_sea_wannabe
1.06 FFNinja
1.07 Renesauz
1.08 Go Pack
1.09 BroadwayG
1.10 Dpeease
1.11 Tex
1.12 Bro1ncos
1.13 Helltoupee
1.14 Duckboy
1.15 Aaron Rudnicki
1.16 Stinkin Ref

1.15 Ruds: Jordy Nelson

1.16 Ref: Adrian Peterson

2.01 Ref: Marshawn Lynch

2.02 Ruds: Aaron Rodgers

pm out to duckboy

2.05 21. Bro1ncos Graham, Jimmy SEA TE Tue May 5 10:10:57 a.m. ET 2015
2.06 22. Tex Hill, Jeremy CIN RB Tue May 5 10:10:58 a.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

1.1 Gronk - What's not to like

2.16 Sanders - I'll take this selection everyday and twice on Sunday.

3.1 Miller - It dried up for me here. Not thrilled with this pick. Debated the obvious suspects at WR but I'm not comfortable with the QB situations. Ended up going RB just so I would have flexibility at at the 4/5 turn. Before the draft I had targeted Melvin Gordon here.

3.09 Russel Wilson (9)

2.08 Arian Foster (9)

1.09 Julio Jones (10)

4.08 Golden Tate (9)

:wall: Didn't think I'd need to worry about bye weeks after 4 picks

how you guys let Brees and Gore slide so far?
passed on him (Brees) at 3/4 turn as I just don't feel he is the autolock he has been in the past.....many will still draft him that way and I felt myself about to do the same thing.....but just can't ignore the signs/changes taking place.....I think sometimes we hang on a little too long to past ADP when there are legit reasons to anticipate the decline and be on the right side of it......IMO Brees is not a top 5 lock with loss of Stills/Graham and the signs pointing toward running the ball more and the team thinking they need to win in another way besides just outscoring people....will you really be surprised if he finishes as QB10?.....I won't so I wasn't going to keep drafting him as qb3/4.....some other qb's teams have loaded up looking like they are going to chuck it....going to follow the arrow that points in that direction instead of one that is pointing in the other....also for some reason it felt like qb's would slide in this draft.....maybe because the draft is now in the books and some of the rooks are getting drafted higher and people are passing on the qb position a little as a result....if you are not sure he will be the difference maker at the qb position like he has in the past.....there is no reason to keep drafting him like he is....similar production can be found a few rounds later....I can't really comment on Gore cause I would start considering him around the RB11-12 area right now.....not sure he could have gone to a better spot outside of maybe Dallas......seems like he is great value right now......was even better in drafts prior to this that took place before he signed in INDY....like when I got him in the 9th in one of these bad boys.....:wink:

Damn it, Ref. You stole Stevie. I shouldn't have talked him up in PDSL2. I didn't think about maybe getting stuck in an SSL league with someone from my PDSL.

QB - Dalton, Bortles - Really don't like the one spot. Sure Gronk is great, but you either have to reach for a QB at 2/3 or 4/5 or get stuck with junk. Fortunately I have two secure starters. Lucky that Bortles lasted for me.

RB - Miller, L. Murray, Martin, Matthews - First time I've owned Miller, feels like a reach. Forsett should have been the pick. RB value seem to slide so I doubled up with Matthews/Martin at the 10/11 turn. Matthews will get carries in Chip's offense and Martin could be the starter in Tampa.

WR - Sanders, DJax, VJax, Funchess - I'm all in on Sanders this year for better or worst in bb. Djax seemed like a value at 4/5, ditto Vjax at 6/7. Personally I think Funchess sucks and the news out of camp is that he's nothing special. Ignored that and figured since the Cats spent so much on him they will force him onto the field.

TE - Gronk, Fleener - Really happy with Fleener at 9.1. Would have taken one of Martin/Matthews or Harvin here. Tried of the Harvin jokes so I passed on him.

D -

K - Gostkowski - Jumped early on a great kicker with the earliest buy. Gives me the opportunity to go solo here and add an extra RB/WR

Here's what I've noticed since the WSLs/PDSLs.

Seems like a lot of value at RB is falling.

The WR pool seems a whole lot thinner. I won't drop names, but the rookies that seemed like good options earlier don't look any better after the draft. There were solid veteran options we were drafting earlier that don't look so attractive now.

[quote name="BassNBrew" post="18038992" timestamp="1431563978"

Tired of the Harvin jokes so I passed on him.

dont have to work tomorrow and this made me laugh a little as I sit here having a drink watching sportscenter at about 1100 mst while family is in bed....

this might be sig worthy

Damn it, Ref. You stole Stevie. I shouldn't have talked him up in PDSL2. I didn't think about maybe getting stuck in an SSL league with someone from my PDSL.
when you get to that point in the draft when you start taking a look at situations that have changed and could produce somewhat signficant impact/change I think Stevie is one of those....perfect storm may be brewing....talent but kind of an afterthought in that particular offense last year, etc....seemed like royal was always overlooked in SD and now he is gone....and imo Allen ain't all that and a bag of chips....he keeps gettting drafted as a wr1 cause of his own perfect storm two yers ago....

still a tough call cause rivers has allen, floyd, gates, green, and some solid pass catching rb's.....

14.04 212. Helltoupee Barth, Connor DEN PK Thu May 14 7:31:42 p.m. ET 2015

14.05 213. Bro1ncos Michael, Christine SEA RB Thu May 14 7:34:29 p.m. ET 2015 14.06 214. Tex Catanzaro, Chandler ARI PK Thu May 14 7:34:30 p.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List 14.07 215. Dpeease Lions, Detroit DET Def Thu May 14 8:54:33 p.m. ET 2015 14.08 216. BroadwayG Suisham, Shaun PIT PK Thu May 14 8:54:34 p.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List 14.09 217. Go Pack Robinson, Denard JAC RB Thu May 14 9:00:09 p.m. ET 2015 14.10 218. Renesauz Sturgis, Caleb MIA PK Thu May 14 10:17:40 p.m. ET 2015 14.11 219. FFNinja Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def Thu May 14 10:17:41 p.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

3.09 Russel Wilson (9)

9.09 Marcus Mariota (4)

2.08 Arian Foster (9)

5.09 Joique Bell (9)

11.09 Darren Sproles (8)

1.09 Julio Jones (10)

4.08 Golden Tate (9)

6.08 Martavis Bryant (11)

8.08 Davante Adams (7)

7.09 Josh Hill (11)

10.08 Jace Amaro (5)

13.08 Justin Tucker (9)

14.09 Shaun Suisham (11)

12.08 Texans (9)

Very happy with how the top 4 WR came out so I sprung early for a top tier D and 2 reasonably safe kickers even if Tucker is kicking elsewhere. Tight ends are pretty meh at this point, but they both have the opportunity to be difference makers in two very different offenses than last year. Going to have trouble week 9 no matter which way I slice it. Just couldn't pass up Bell in the 5th.

QB - Dalton, Bortles - Really don't like the one spot. Sure Gronk is great, but you either have to reach for a QB at 2/3 or 4/5 or get stuck with junk. Fortunately I have two secure starters. Lucky that Bortles lasted for me.

RB - Miller, L. Murray, Martin, Matthews - First time I've owned Miller, feels like a reach. Forsett should have been the pick. RB value seem to slide so I doubled up with Matthews/Martin at the 10/11 turn. Matthews will get carries in Chip's offense and Martin could be the starter in Tampa.

WR - Sanders, DJax, VJax, Funchess - I'm all in on Sanders this year for better or worst in bb. Djax seemed like a value at 4/5, ditto Vjax at 6/7. Personally I think Funchess sucks and the news out of camp is that he's nothing special. Ignored that and figured since the Cats spent so much on him they will force him onto the field.

TE - Gronk, Fleener - Really happy with Fleener at 9.1. Would have taken one of Martin/Matthews or Harvin here. Tried of the Harvin jokes so I passed on him.

D -

K - Gostkowski - Jumped early on a great kicker with the earliest buy. Gives me the opportunity to go solo here and add an extra RB/WR
Added Beasley and Floyd with the last two picks. Not huge upside guys, but red zone targets. Beasley had 4 TDs in the last 1/3 of the season and seemed to become a safety blanket for Romo. Floyd is always goods (when not hurt) for 5-6 TDs). Can't ask for more from your WR5/6 in this format.

STINKIN REF

6.01 Cutler, Jay CHI QB 7

5.16 Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB 5

love the weapons tanny has looks like they may chuck it....cutler loses marshall not a big deal imo as white and royal join solid pass catching te and rb to give him lots of weapons as well....i usually try to snag a stud qb but passed this time as other drafts proved i could get a combo like this at the end of the 5th...palmer was a consideration here but no others.....romo falling here would have been a gift

12.01 Ball, Montee DEN RB 7

14.01 Jackson, Fred BUF RB 8

2.01 Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB 9

1.16 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 5

in a previous survivor in the 16th hole i went wr/wr....starting thinking peterson falling in these was kind of a deal.....and then decided to lock it up with lynch as I am not a huge aj green fan....felt ok about depleting the rb pool a little as I felt i could get wr value later......waited to add depth and felt ball will deserve touches and almost took jackson earlier so felt getting him in 14 was ok.....different bye weeks here so feel i can pull two scores.....

4.01 Edelman, Julian NEP WR 4

7.16 Johnson, Charles MIN WR 5

11.16 Johnson, Stevie SDC WR 10

9.16 Randle, Rueben NYG WR 11

18.01 Royal, Eddie CHI WR 7

3.16 White, Kevin CHI WR 7

edelman will be and is on many of my teams....all in on white......and to a certain extent min cj.....im taking the approach that cruz is a non factor in nyg so went early on randle who i think can be a difference maker...really like the moves for both stevie and royal...this might be the most boring group of wr i have ever drafted but if white is a stud it changes things a little....i need things to fall right here and maybe take advantage of some cutler doubleups with white/royal......

8.01 Daniels, Owen DEN TE 7

10.01 Donnell, Larry NYG TE 11

looking for some week to week production from daniels and td weeks from donnell.....rolling the dice i get some above avg production here....rookie going down with an acl in den and no real competition in nyg played major roles in these picks.....

13.16 Bryant, Matt ATL PK 10

17.16 Forbath, Kai WAS PK 8

soooooo close to going solo here with bryant and almost went theo reddick or redskins dst instead of forbath....sniffed housler and some wr's as well instead of forbath....but in the end I liked having 2 pk's to choose from each week....a 2 fg differnce between your pk is worth a td......sometimes you need those couple extra points to finish not last or steal an immunity.....

15.16 49ers, San Francisco SFO Def 10

16.01 Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def 6

taking two at this turn no matter what.....

overall/final thoughts: hope i don't regret passing on graham at the first turn....like my 3/4 turn more than most will....but looking back I wouldn't change it....would have liked to see one of brady/romo make it to the 5/6 turn when i was going qb.....had visions of vincent jackson making it to 7.16..... I have passed on colston a bunch in these, i hope that is the right call and that min cj out produces him....think fro got some value with rudolph in the 9th....i thought bass #### the bed on his 10-11 turn....i may have taken cook at the 11-12 turn as my 3rd te if ruds didnt take him, that was kinda weird cause i was thinking about it before his pick....

need my gamble of qb/te combo to pay off and adp/lynch to give me one more year....cheers

PLAYER 2014 YTD PTS BYE
Cassel, Matt BUF QB (P) 41.05 8
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 441.70 11

I am all in on the Steelers passing game this year. So felt like I could wait at qb after snagging Big Ben.

Forsett, Justin BAL RB 244.90 9
Helu, Roy OAK RB 129.30 6
Woodhead, Danny SDC RB (P) 12.20 10
Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB -

Not an exciting group and really need Yeldon to deliver or this group could hurt all year. I think Woodhead/Helu provides a decent floor though every week because of receptions.

Brown, Antonio PIT WR 385.10 11
Cobb, Randall GBP WR 295.40 7
Colston, Marques NOS WR 179.20 11
Hunter, Justin TEN WR 95.80 4
Toon, Nick NOS WR 44.90 11
Wright, Jarius MIN WR 119.90 5

Hey there is the other half of the Pittsburgh passing game. Throw in Cobb as #2 I should be set here all year. Just need a decent week out of 1 of the other 4 every week. Having Colston/Toon should help in that respect I think.

Reed, Jordan WAS TE 146.50 8
Walker, Delanie TEN TE 239.00 4

I never go te heavy in these and this draft was no different. A couple of middle of the road guys is fine by me.

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 140.00 10
Zuerlein, Greg STL PK 106.00 6
Jets, New York NYJ Def 86.00 5
Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 133.00 9

and hey look kickers and dts.

QB - Dalton 8, Bortles 7 - Really don't like the one spot. Sure Gronk is great, but you either have to reach for a QB at 2/3 or 4/5 or get stuck with junk. Fortunately I have two secure starters. Lucky that Bortles lasted for me. Grade D+

RB - Miller 5, L. Murray 6, Martin, 6 Matthews 8 , Cadet 4 - First time I've owned Miller, feels like a reach. Forsett should have been the pick. RB value seem to slide so I doubled up with Matthews/Martin at the 10/11 turn. Matthews will get carries in Chip's offense and Martin could be the starter in Tampa. Below average RB1 in Miller and upper RB2 in Murray. Added Cadet as Mr. Irrelevant. He could take over the Vereen role and who knows with BB and bonehead Blout. Grade C+

WR - Sanders 7, DJax 8, VJax 6, Funchess 5, Beasley 6, Floyd 10, Matthews 9 - I'm all in on Sanders this year for better or worst in bb. Djax seemed like a value at 4/5, ditto Vjax at 6/7. Personally I think Funchess sucks and the news out of camp is that he's nothing special. Ignored that and figured since the Cats spent so much on him they will force him onto the field. WR should be my strong suit. Lots of TD guys as WR 4-7. Grade B+

TE - Gronk, Fleener - Really happy with Fleener at 9.1. Would have taken one of Martin/Matthews or Harvin here. Tried of the Harvin jokes so I passed on him. Gotta be the best pair in the league. Grade A+

D - Bears - Got sniped on getting a 2nd D by taking Matthews. That could hurt. Grade F-

K - Gostkowski - Jumped early on a great kicker with the earliest buy. Gives me the opportunity to go solo here and add an extra RB/WR. Grade C

This will be an interesting team. Week 4 could be tough. If I make it past that week I should cruise through the byes weeks with my depth. I've got more RBs/WRs than anyone else so I could hit on the right guy that carries this team all the way, but likely the solo K/D will catch up with me as the teams dwindle. Overall a slightly above average survivor team.

PLAYER 2014 YTD PTS BYE
Cassel, Matt BUF QB (P) 41.05 8
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 441.70 11

I am all in on the Steelers passing game this year. So felt like I could wait at qb after snagging Big Ben.

Forsett, Justin BAL RB 244.90 9
Helu, Roy OAK RB 129.30 6
Woodhead, Danny SDC RB (P) 12.20 10
Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB -

Not an exciting group and really need Yeldon to deliver or this group could hurt all year. I think Woodhead/Helu provides a decent floor though every week because of receptions.

Brown, Antonio PIT WR 385.10 11
Cobb, Randall GBP WR 295.40 7
Colston, Marques NOS WR 179.20 11
Hunter, Justin TEN WR 95.80 4
Toon, Nick NOS WR 44.90 11
Wright, Jarius MIN WR 119.90 5

Hey there is the other half of the Pittsburgh passing game. Throw in Cobb as #2 I should be set here all year. Just need a decent week out of 1 of the other 4 every week. Having Colston/Toon should help in that respect I think.

Reed, Jordan WAS TE 146.50 8
Walker, Delanie TEN TE 239.00 4

I never go te heavy in these and this draft was no different. A couple of middle of the road guys is fine by me.

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 140.00 10
Zuerlein, Greg STL PK 106.00 6
Jets, New York NYJ Def 86.00 5
Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 133.00 9

and hey look kickers and dts.
Pretty strong team. Are you worried about week 11 with Cassel and Cobb/Hunter/Wright all counting?

Users who are viewing this thread