What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 SSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

PLAYER 2014 YTD PTS BYE
Cassel, Matt BUF QB (P) 41.05 8
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 441.70 11

I am all in on the Steelers passing game this year. So felt like I could wait at qb after snagging Big Ben.

Forsett, Justin BAL RB 244.90 9
Helu, Roy OAK RB 129.30 6
Woodhead, Danny SDC RB (P) 12.20 10
Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB -

Not an exciting group and really need Yeldon to deliver or this group could hurt all year. I think Woodhead/Helu provides a decent floor though every week because of receptions.

Brown, Antonio PIT WR 385.10 11
Cobb, Randall GBP WR 295.40 7
Colston, Marques NOS WR 179.20 11
Hunter, Justin TEN WR 95.80 4
Toon, Nick NOS WR 44.90 11
Wright, Jarius MIN WR 119.90 5

Hey there is the other half of the Pittsburgh passing game. Throw in Cobb as #2 I should be set here all year. Just need a decent week out of 1 of the other 4 every week. Having Colston/Toon should help in that respect I think.

Reed, Jordan WAS TE 146.50 8
Walker, Delanie TEN TE 239.00 4

I never go te heavy in these and this draft was no different. A couple of middle of the road guys is fine by me.

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 140.00 10
Zuerlein, Greg STL PK 106.00 6
Jets, New York NYJ Def 86.00 5
Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 133.00 9

and hey look kickers and dts.
Pretty strong team. Are you worried about week 11 with Cassel and Cobb/Hunter/Wright all counting?
yes, but hey some week is always tough. need some te/rb help that week.

QB: Bradford (8), Stafford (9)

Fairly heavy investment here. If Bradford stays upright, this should be a strength of this team. Top 4 easily.

RB: Abdullah (9), Javorius Allen (9), Blount (4), Ridley (5), Stewart (5)

I waited a while to take a RB, and Stewart is certainly one of the weakest RB1s in the SSL. I tried to make up for it in numbers, but there are some obvious gambles in here. I spent an extra pick at RB, but too many late picks I think. I need Allen or Abdullah to take on a major role. I think Abdullah will at some point in the season- I just hope I'm still alive long enough for it to matter.

WR: Beckham (11), Crabtree (6), Garcon (8), Jeffery (7), Woods (8)

Heavy early investment with OBJ and Jeffery. I'm expecting at least a little bit of a bounce-back from Garcon. Crabtree and Woods are both talented WRs that are being overlooked a bit right now. Neither will put up huge numbers, but I got them very late, and they will produce. I lack numbers here, but feel like this is a very strong group.

TE: Bennett (7), V. Davis (10)

Meh...the Black Unicorn is a good but not great TE option here. Davis should bounce back a little, but I'm average at best overall here.

DST/K:

Josh Brown (11), Sturgis (5), Cincy (7), Arizona (9)

Two safe kickers, two top 10 defences. Can't do any better here.

Overall, a tough team to evaluate. I'll need one of the rookie RBs to hit big to have a chance. I'm vulnerable to WR injuries, especially going into week 8. If I can survive the first 8 weeks, this team should contend, but that might be a big if.

PLAYER 2014 YTD PTS BYE

Cassel, Matt BUF QB (P) 41.05 8

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 441.70 11

I expect a little decline from Ben and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you end up riding solo here. I think you reached on Woodhead big time in the 9th and that pick could have been MM. But really looking back your double up at TE in 6-7 maybe could have been a QB with one of those picks as some pretty decent TE value fell in this draft into the 9th round. This is just IMO cause I think the boo birds will be in full force in BUF after a couple weeks of Cassel. Ben will have to be very strong for you.

Forsett, Justin BAL RB 244.90 9

Helu, Roy OAK RB 129.30 6

Woodhead, Danny SDC RB (P) 12.20 10

Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB -

Yeldon better bring home the bacon.

Brown, Antonio PIT WR 385.10 11

Cobb, Randall GBP WR 295.40 7

Colston, Marques NOS WR 179.20 11

Hunter, Justin TEN WR 95.80 4

Toon, Nick NOS WR 44.90 11

Wright, Jarius MIN WR 119.90 5

Pretty solid here at the top. Toon and Wright are not really on my radar right now but thats just me. A big week 10 would help this group. But pretty good especially if Hunter takes that next step we are all waiting for....and waiting.

Reed, Jordan WAS TE 146.50 8

Walker, Delanie TEN TE 239.00 4

You said you don't go heavy here and I guess that means you don't snag a big dawg, but to me using 2 of your top 7 picks is going pretty heavy. I really like these two as a package but I do think you made a sizeable investment and one that maybe could have seen you go elsewhere with one of these picks considering a TE2 you could have gotten later that might have fallen into your description of a mid-range guy. QB or RB in one of these rounds might have been a good direction and then TE in 9 or 10. But either way, I think you are strong here if Reed stays healthy.

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 140.00 10

Zuerlein, Greg STL PK 106.00 6

Jets, New York NYJ Def 86.00 5

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 133.00 9

solid

not bad....RB could definitely be an issue that leads to an exit but Ben and strong WR/TE's could carry you.......good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Dalton 8, Bortles 7 -

Bortles really struggled at times last with his reads and other rookie issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up scoring for you more weeks than Dalton. Don't take that as a good thing though. You knew what you were going to be looking at when you passed on QB at the 4-5 turn and chose not to double up at the 6-7 turn. Desean instead of Brees, etc.....will be interesting to see if that was a good call. I don't think it's reaching at the 4-5 turn when Brees and some of those other QB's were still on the board.

RB - Miller 5, L. Murray 6, Martin, 6 Matthews 8 , Cadet 4

I like your top 2 but we are going to have to have a talk about about your 10-11 turn before IBL and Reunion.

WR - Sanders 7, DJax 8, VJax 6, Funchess 5, Beasley 6, Floyd 10, Matthews 9

love this group...solid top to bottom IMO.....was targeting a couple of the guys you took late.....I think B+ is too low....this group will help cover Miller and Murray's bye weeks....

TE - Gronk, Fleener

Fleener falling in some of these is a little surprising to me as I also think he represents some value in these where he is going....eye ball test for me last year thinks he is more than just a 1a or 1b to Allen....great offense and I think Fleener has some stand alone value as opposed to just being a "nice TE2"....

D - Bears

K - Gostkowski

At the core you have 2 solid RB's, a great stable of WR's to get scores from each week, and elite TE's....no doubt your other positions suffered from accumulating that talent and it would be a shame to see below avg QB and PK/DST cost you.....drafting at turn is tough, especially the 1 hole....but can't imagine you really thought the rest of the league would leave you a DST in round 18, so not sure that is getting sniped, you brought that on yourself.....you are going to have some great points sitting on your bench at WR and probably TE while you struggle some weeks at PK/DST......accumulation of talent here was excellent, draft management a little shaky....Harvin would have been a great addition to this team somewhere.......good luck

QB - Dalton 8, Bortles 7 -

Bortles really struggled at times last with his reads and other rookie issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up scoring for you more weeks than Dalton. Don't take that as a good thing though. You knew what you were going to be looking at when you passed on QB at the 4-5 turn and chose not to double up at the 6-7 turn. Desean instead of Brees, etc.....will be interesting to see if that was a good call. I don't think it's reaching at the 4-5 turn when Brees and some of those other QB's were still on the board.

RB - Miller 5, L. Murray 6, Martin, 6 Matthews 8 , Cadet 4

I like your top 2 but we are going to have to have a talk about about your 10-11 turn before IBL and Reunion.

WR - Sanders 7, DJax 8, VJax 6, Funchess 5, Beasley 6, Floyd 10, Matthews 9

love this group...solid top to bottom IMO.....was targeting a couple of the guys you took late.....I think B+ is too low....this group will help cover Miller and Murray's bye weeks....

TE - Gronk, Fleener

Fleener falling in some of these is a little surprising to me as I also think he represents some value in these where he is going....eye ball test for me last year thinks he is more than just a 1a or 1b to Allen....great offense and I think Fleener has some stand alone value as opposed to just being a "nice TE2"....

D - Bears

K - Gostkowski

At the core you have 2 solid RB's, a great stable of WR's to get scores from each week, and elite TE's....no doubt your other positions suffered from accumulating that talent and it would be a shame to see below avg QB and PK/DST cost you.....drafting at turn is tough, especially the 1 hole....but can't imagine you really thought the rest of the league would leave you a DST in round 18, so not sure that is getting sniped, you brought that on yourself.....you are going to have some great points sitting on your bench at WR and probably TE while you struggle some weeks at PK/DST......accumulation of talent here was excellent, draft management a little shaky....Harvin would have been a great addition to this team somewhere.......good luck
LOL at the Harvin comment.

Regarding the D, often one is left on the boards in this 18 round format. For someone to take 3 Ds they have to take a sizable hit at RB/WR to add one of the worst Ds in the league.

Regarding drat mgmt being shaky, I'm a firm believer that you have to take risks in these leagues to win against 15 other owners. I rolled the dice and lost. That said, if Cadet becomes Verren, I get back those D pts. Beasley, Flyd, and Mattehs could be worth 18 TDs. that's a lot of potential bb points.

Please explain your position on Mathews and Martin at 10/11. That's getting late. Murray has an injury history and philly has to be the bet RB situation in the league with Chip. mathews has a huge contract number. I see guarantee weekly points as a fill in with "LJ" potential if Murray sits. If Murray gets hurt, Mathews could win this league. I got him in Knile Davis territory and I really think he has a higher floor. Martin should get an opportunity to be the starter. Can't ask for more in the 11th. Has a proven history of 3 down capability.

QB - I think Dalton will have some really big weeks. Assuming Brees continue to decline and NO runs more, a Dalton/Bortles combo in BB could rival him. I really like the weapons Bortles has and he did put up 419 rushing yards in 14 games last year.

QB

Peyton Manning (7)

RGIII (8)

Happy to have an every week stud in Peyton. Not expecting to use RGIII a lot but the Skins picking up his option seems to indicate they are sticking with him. He has some nice weapons if he can somehow remember how to play QB again.

RB

Frank Gore (10)

Andre Ellington (9)

Rashad Jennings (11)

Denard Robinson (8)

Not too exciting but hoping they can be average. Hoping the wheels don't fall of Gore for another year. Ellington is great in PPR if he can stay healthy. Jennings has some nice games last year and should still be the lead back although getting less time with Vereen there. Hopefully Denard showed enough last year that the Jags find a way to get him some touches. Like his big play ability in best ball format.

WR

Demaryius Thomas (7)

Kelvin Benjamin (5)

Mike Wallace (5)

Percy Harvin (8)

Mohamed Sanu (7)

Jermaine Kearse (9)

Counting on the Peton to Thomas connection to score big most weeks. Benjamin is a TD machine and hoping he can increase his catches in year 2. Wallace should catch some long TD's so I like him in best ball. No idea if Harvin will be worth anything but he used to be a big play threat so could not pass on him here as my 4th. Sanu may get less playing time this year but should still be a big play threat and red zone target. Kearse should catch some long TD's also.

TE

Antonio Gates (10)

Mychal Rivera (6)

Hoping the fountain of youth Gates found last year carries over to this year. Rivera should be a nice safety blanket for a young QB.

K

Steven Hauschka (9)

Phil Dawson (10)

They are both kickers that hopefully keep their jobs

Def

Eagles (8)

Titans (4)

Eagles special teams scored big at times last year and I am sure Chip will make it a focus again this year so went for the high scoring potential here. Waited until late and just grabbed a second with a different bye week.

I feel pretty good about this team as compared to some of my past SSL teams. Gore & Gates age makes me nervous but they were value when I got them if they can hold up. Hoping that my big play WR's can take make their big plays on alternating weeks. Hoping be above average at QB & WR and then be average everywhere else. Don't see any major holes which is unusual as I usually feel very weak in at least one position after these drafts.

"LOL at the Harvin comment."

pretty solid I agree...

"Regarding the D, often one is left on the boards in this 18 round format. For someone to take 3 Ds they have to take a sizable hit at RB/WR to add one of the worst Ds in the league."

yeah but you at 18.20 and last pick not even in early or middle and being the one that sometimes takes a 3rd dst you should have known better.....second and third dst often pays off.....a sometimes underestimated strategy in these....and one other owner "taking a sizeable hit" doesn't match the one you take every week.....it's only one other owner while the others that stay alive have an advantage on you every week.......

"Regarding drat mgmt being shaky, I'm a firm believer that you have to take risks in these leagues to win against 15 other owners. I rolled the dice and lost. That said, if Cadet becomes Verren, I get back those D pts. Beasley, Flyd, and Mattehs could be worth 18 TDs. that's a lot of potential bb points."

agreed about risks....and taking an early stand that pans out.....15 owners gets cut down every week so any weekly disadvantage you have actually gets magnified as you move on....but so do advantages so yeah iif you hit on cadet every week maybe, but if he and your last few wr's are scoring for you it's only a matter of time...

"Please explain your position on Mathews and Martin at 10/11. That's getting late. Murray has an injury history and philly has to be the bet RB situation in the league with Chip. mathews has a huge contract number. I see guarantee weekly points as a fill in with "LJ" potential if Murray sits. If Murray gets hurt, Mathews could win this league. I got him in Knile Davis territory and I really think he has a higher floor. Martin should get an opportunity to be the starter. Can't ask for more in the 11th. Has a proven history of 3 down capability."

could be missing something with chip but i see no guarantee points with mathews ....could be and should be non factor most weeks...and sproles still around...lotta ifs after that....seems like they want to give Sims the shot and if they commit Martin might be let go....which might be a good thing for you.....he actually looked ok down the stretch....

"QB - I think Dalton will have some really big weeks. Assuming Brees continue to decline and NO runs more, a Dalton/Bortles combo in BB could rival him. I really like the weapons Bortles has and he did put up 419 rushing yards in 14 games last year."

tough to pass on qb at 5.01 for Djax imo......

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread