What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I want to buy a Honda Pilot (BOUGHT Acura Integra ASpec-Tech) tomorrow.... (1 Viewer)

PIK95

Footballguy
I want to buy a Black 2015 Honda Pilot touring 4x4 with Navagation tonight or tomorrow. I wan't to get it as cheap as possible obviously, and I don't want to pay for seat treatments or destination charges either. The last time I did this I called all four of my Honda dealers and started a bidding war over the phone. There is a complete redesign for 2016 so prices should be dropping I assume. I was more up on the numbers last time so what is the drop dead bottom price I can get one for? Tia!

I want to buy a Black 2015 Honda Pilot touring 4x4 with Navagation tonight or tomorrow. I wan't to get it as cheap as possible obviously, and I don't want to pay for seat treatments or destination charges either. The last time I did this I called all four of my Honda dealers and started a bidding war over the phone. There is a complete redesign for 2016 so prices should be dropping I assume. I was more up on the numbers last time so what is the drop dead bottom price I can get one for? Tia!
Use this site - no buyers remorse

http://www.fightingchance.com/

https://www.truecar.com/#/

I used True car and got some robo emails from my dealers. I want a 4wd touring but they are a bit pricey, considering there is a complete redesign coming for 2016. I think I would go 37 but I'm not sure we are there just yet.

How did it go?

I bought that exact Pilot but it was a 2014 Black Touring 4x4 Navigation, Entertainment every single bell and whistle and I paid 37K which I thought I could of saved a couple of more dollars but it was already 12:30 AM and got tired of going back and forth since 8PM. i already have 16K miles and love it great vehicle and great ride but have yet to use the 4x4 here in Florida. I did not want the 4 x 4 but that was the last of the 2014's they had on the lot with the 2015 coming in already. I purchased mine July 31st, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid 31k for 2015 SE back in November

I'd wait til the 2016s come out if you can...don't think there's much leverage yet due to redesign

How did it go?
I have a few bites. Threw my net over five dealerships. I got a decent offer on the the EX-L 4v4 with navigation for 33,900 which makes me think I can get the touring price down if someone has it on the lot. I may not have this done today unfortunately.

I bought that exact Pilot but it was a 2014 Black Touring 4x4 Navigation, Entertainment every single bell and whistle and I paid 37K which I thought I could of saved a couple of more dollars but it was already 12:30 AM and got tired of going back and forth since 8PM. i already have 16K miles and love it great vehicle and great ride but have yet to use the 4x4 here in Florida. I did not want the 4 x 4 but that was the last of the 2014's they had on the lot with the 2015 coming in already. I purchased mine July 31st, 2014
I'm pretty sure I would pull the trigger on a 2015 in that scenario. Maybe I need to wait it out.

I recently bought a CR-V this way. I got the truecar estimate, then emailed the internet managers at all the local RI and Southern MA dealerships. Then I emailed again telling them I intended to buy within the next few days and I needed their best price. Then I took the best price I had and shopped that around to the others.

It ended up that the one closest to my house (Majestic South, which is now Balise, on rte 2 W.Warwick) had a good enough price.

I ended up getting a deal well under the truecar estimate

I recently bought a CR-V this way. I got the truecar estimate, then emailed the internet managers at all the local RI and Southern MA dealerships. Then I emailed again telling them I intended to buy within the next few days and I needed their best price. Then I took the best price I had and shopped that around to the others.

It ended up that the one closest to my house (Majestic South, which is now Balise, on rte 2 W.Warwick) had a good enough price.

I'm actually going to test drive one there after school. I hate Metro but will use them as leverage. How did you know what the managers emails were?

I just got a call from Newport and I read her the Randall playbook. I also told her I was going to the competition and the Toyota dealership for a test drive. My wife likes the Toyota SUV also, and they havehad a recent redesign. She has two hours to give me her best and lowest. I gave her 37 as my number so we will sew what happens. I'm gonna email other managers now.

I'm actually going to test drive one there after school. I hate Metro but will use them as leverage. How did you know what the managers emails were?
The websites all have contact boxes or even have a chat box. I made my initial inquiry through those. Give them your email address but not your phone number

The websites all have contact boxes or even have a chat box. I made my initial inquiry through those. Give them your email address but not your phone number
I think that true site gave my number to Newport and Boch. I'll email the others. Good call on that.

I bought a Pilot SE 4x4 in October. I used TrueCar through USAA Car Buying Service and got some pricing (~$32,500). One of the dealers then emailed me a "no hassle" price of $30,500 after I received the instant quote. I took that to a closer dealer and got another $500 taken off from them.

2015 bought December $34,900 and change. 6,000 miles in and love the ride and interior room. Had a 2003 Pilot prior to this one and it was great, hope the new one treats us as well.

This just got realz. The Newport girl called me with a maxed out Touring 4x4 with navigation, for just south of 36. The only problem is that its white. I wanted a black tinted one so I may hold out. I still need to test drive the Toyota but i'm surprised how easy she came down. Is bullet proof glass an option?

This just got realz. The Newport girl called me with a maxed out Touring 4x4 with navigation, for just south of 36. The only problem is that its white. I wanted a black tinted one so I may hold out. I still need to test drive the Toyota but i'm surprised how easy she came down. Is bullet proof glass an option?
Make sure you sit in the third row of the Toyota. Guarantee you will have to bend your head to the side to keep from touching the ceiling.

I'm between a Pathfinder and Pilot and will be buying this week too. Although there is a newer 2016 Pilot coming in the summer, the inventories of 2015 are relatively low. If I go Pilot, I'm going with the basic trim.

Black cars so show much dirt. Never again for us

Does the dirt blend in with the white ones? :P

Go metallic grey, decades between car washes.

White cars are for girls

White cars look cleaner much longer then black cars.

My last truck was white my current one is black. Black is awesome when clean.

She just claimed there is not a black one in New England. Could that be possible and how could she know?

She just claimed there is not a black one in New England. Could that be possible and how could she know?
It's this new thing called the internet. Heard of it? ;)

The Honda dealerships are connected, and the can view each others supplies. Works for parts, too.
And they will try and trade in-stock models to other dealerships to get you the one you want. Problem is, very few dealers will ever want to swap the popular colors just to get another white or similarly unpopular color that will be difficult to move.

Late last year I was trying to track down a certain color CR-V that my wife wanted. Was told by a few different dealers that they didn't have the color but would try and get one. They all came back saying they couldn't, but would keep looking. At first I figured it was BS and they were hoping I'd relent and buy what they had in stock, and it was probably true. But after some time, when they're not making any money off you without actually selling you a car, there isn't any motivation to NOT find you a car. Ended up finding the color at one dealer, and when I met with them and mentioned I really wanted this particular one, the guy told me that he was getting multiple calls/emails a week from other dealers hoping to trade for it.

The Honda dealerships are connected, and the can view each others supplies. Works for parts, too.
And they will try and trade in-stock models to other dealerships to get you the one you want. Problem is, very few dealers will ever want to swap the popular colors just to get another white or similarly unpopular color that will be difficult to move.

Late last year I was trying to track down a certain color CR-V that my wife wanted. Was told by a few different dealers that they didn't have the color but would try and get one. They all came back saying they couldn't, but would keep looking. At first I figured it was BS and they were hoping I'd relent and buy what they had in stock, and it was probably true. But after some time, when they're not making any money off you without actually selling you a car, there isn't any motivation to NOT find you a car. Ended up finding the color at one dealer, and when I met with them and mentioned I really wanted this particular one, the guy told me that he was getting multiple calls/emails a week from other dealers hoping to trade for it.
:goodposting: oh, and GO CAPS!!! :boxing:

My Chevy I test drove at one dealership. I then went to my friends dealership and he had the one I drove shipped to his dealership

I hope your next car is the sourest of lemons!

I hope your next car is the sourest of lemons!
I can't respond, because if I do the Caps will return to their DC-esque Caps-of-Old style of choking in the playoffs. So I will let this go... ;)

I bought the 2015 Honda Pilot Touring 4x4 navigation with all the toys online for 35400. I bought it from the same place where Randall purchased his. I got the metallic colored one and its pretty cool. We test drove a new Toyota Highlander just to see, and it was very weak in comparison. No comparison really. Thanks for all your help guys. True car allowed me to start a bidding war and thanks for the info.

I bought the 2015 Honda Pilot Touring 4x4 navigation with all the toys online for 35400. I bought it from the same place where Randall purchased his. I got the metallic colored one and its pretty cool. We test drove a new Toyota Highlander just to see, and it was very weak in comparison. No comparison really. Thanks for all your help guys. True car allowed me to start a bidding war and thanks for the info.
Was that total price with ttl or without?

Users who are viewing this thread