What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 SSL2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

1) FFwnd

2) Fubar

3) RC94

4) Nugget

5) Norseman

6) Reaper

7) Nittany Lion

8) Valence

9) Comet

10) Card Player

11) KrsOne

12) Jeff Pasquino

13) Bicycle Seat Sniffer

14) Shadow Fax

15) Sigmund Bloom

16) Sweet Love

:kicksrock: was hoping either for Gronk or a late pick. But, Charles is as good a foundation as any.

are we pming people? I just set up mfl to text me when i'm up so no need to pm me.
I am trying to figure this out too. How/why are we ahead in the thread versus MFL? I thought procedure was to draft in MFL and then post in the draft thread.

are we pming people? I just set up mfl to text me when i'm up so no need to pm me.
I am trying to figure this out too. How/why are we ahead in the thread versus MFL? I thought procedure was to draft in MFL and then post in the draft thread.
The thread takes priority. If someone posts a pick here and it's not in MFL, any of the other owners can make the pick using the commish password. Remember that some people are blocked from mfl at work but do get the e-mails.

The thread takes priority. If someone posts a pick here and it's not in MFL, any of the other owners can make the pick using the commish password. Remember that some people are blocked from mfl at work but do get the e-mails.
Gotcha...just wanted to be sure I am doin' it right. Thanks, B&B!

Thought one of DT, Nelson or Green would make it back to me since all had the same bye week...but Sweet Love took 2 of them and now will be out Week 7. :P

Have had a late pick in 2 of these drafts this year and went RB/WR and then WR/WR...so for a change of pace went RB/RB (Murray/Anderson) this time and I'll curse every one of you for all the WRs that will disappear before I pick again.

PM'd Reaper.

Lacy and Cobb. Bookend Packers. Chargers @ Packers Week 6? That's amnesty material right there. Looking at the Week 7 schedule, Saints @ Colts looks like the only game with explosive potential. I'll take my chances with the double-Bye...

Pretty happy with the start

Charles - still my top rb in redraft

KB - sophomore slump or continue to improve? Some risk but I like the kid

Sanders - coming off a career year but still in a very good spot to put up points

PM'd Lion - Wow we're flyin!!!

L Bell RB

A Jefferey WR

Lamar Miller

I've been going nuts so not sure what discussion has gone on with Bell Vs Suspension but, I debated him and Lacy and looked at it Bell as the Home run swing, Lacy, solid but unspectacular numbers. Just gotta hold on for those early weeks.

Looking for upticks with Jefferey and L Miller with improved offenses overall - Dominating DL's could hurt Miller and who knows what's up with Cutler but, Jeffrey now the #1, hope for 2013 numbers.

I predrafted on MFL if someone can post the pick in the draft thread once Johnny makes his selection

Thought one of DT, Nelson or Green would make it back to me since all had the same bye week...but Sweet Love took 2 of them and now will be out Week 7. :P

Have had a late pick in 2 of these drafts this year and went RB/WR and then WR/WR...so for a change of pace went RB/RB (Murray/Anderson) this time and I'll curse every one of you for all the WRs that will disappear before I pick again.
Yeah, it was a tough decision, and I had Graham queued up, but went with Jordy instead. Shadow, remind me to get your take on how you feel your Round 3 and 4 picks went and whether you are satisfied...I am curious to see what falls to me and whether going WR/WR was smart. I am a WR addict, so I will not be surprised at all if one of my two picks at the turn of 3/4 are WR. Heck, I would not be surprised if both were.

1.08 Adrian Peterson RB MIN 5

2.09 MIke Evans WR TB 6

As good a start as any in a 16 teamer
Personally, with Jeffrey on the board, I would have gone with him over Evans. Not that Evans was a bad choice, just a tad bit worried about a sophomore slump. Now that you added Hyde, I think you are going to be a hard out.

Really hoped Gore was gonna be there at 3.15. He's a stealth RB1. I hope people keep avoiding him because he's 32

Sweet Love said:

2.09 MIke Evans WR TB 6

As good a start as any in a 16 teamer
Personally, with Jeffrey on the board, I would have gone with him over Evans. Not that Evans was a bad choice, just a tad bit worried about a sophomore slump. Now that you added Hyde, I think you are going to be a hard out.
I know I'm in the minority but I've never been a huge fan of Alshon mostly due to his QB. Cobb was the only other receiver I considered over Evans at that point. Winston is a pretty significant upgrade and if he can avoid the slump should put up similar if not better numbers than last season.

Really hoped Gore was gonna be there at 3.15. He's a stealth RB1. I hope people keep avoiding him because he's 32
On one of my dynasty teams in win now mode I was able to get Gore for Kendall Hunter.I consider that a win for the 2015 title hunt :thumbup:

Im all over him in redrafts. In pdsl i got him in mid round 4. Adp just jumped way up. And about 4 other rbs in round 3 i would take gore before them
Gore was never making it back to Bloom. Sounds like BSS would have taken him and if he didn't, I was.

I hope he still flies under the radar in August.

Yeah, it was a tough decision, and I had Graham queued up, but went with Jordy instead. Shadow, remind me to get your take on how you feel your Round 3 and 4 picks went and whether you are satisfied...I am curious to see what falls to me and whether going WR/WR was smart. I am a WR addict, so I will not be surprised at all if one of my two picks at the turn of 3/4 are WR. Heck, I would not be surprised if both were.
LIES

DeMarco Murray

CJ Anderson

Julian Edelman

Jordan Matthews

Doesn't matter where I draft in these leagues. I always seem to have Edelman on my team. Consistently undervalued. NE didn't add any competition to his targets and he should be good for another 90 catch...top 15 season.

Wanted Wilson and Sweet Love ruined my plans again. I didn't think Bloom would go QB and I thought SL usually waits on QBs in these drafts...and then he throws another curve at me. Debated a while what direction to go here and still not 100% confidant about the Matthews decision. Don't really like doubling up on teams/byes within the first couple picks....but thought Matthews offered the most upside. Philly's WR1 have had career years the last 2 years. Matthews seems poised to continue the trend.

DeMarco Murray

CJ Anderson

Julian Edelman

Jordan Matthews

Doesn't matter where I draft in these leagues. I always seem to have Edelman on my team. Consistently undervalued. NE didn't add any competition to his targets and he should be good for another 90 catch...top 15 season.

Wanted Wilson and Sweet Love ruined my plans again. I didn't think Bloom would go QB and I thought SL usually waits on QBs in these drafts...and then he throws another curve at me. Debated a while what direction to go here and still not 100% confidant about the Matthews decision. Don't really like doubling up on teams/byes within the first couple picks....but thought Matthews offered the most upside. Philly's WR1 have had career years the last 2 years. Matthews seems poised to continue the trend.
Funny how the cards fall...I was planning on going Alfred Morris and Jonathan Stewart, but Sigmund sniped me and Russell Wilson looked too good to pass up there. I don't like going QB early at all, and probably will regret it (lol)...especially since I passed on a WR (I had to psyche myself up NOT to take one).

Hey everyone, I will be traveling the next three days (Grad school graduation) and while I plan on being on top of everything, there is a chance I will be out of the loop for a few hour pockets here and there.

Eddie Lacy

CJ Spiller

Randall Cobb

Keenan Allen

Man, I knew when I took Allen at 3.07 I was going to risk losing out on some nice RB2's, but I'm elated that Eddie Royal is no longer a Charger. I hate that guy! I don't think I'm going to hate Stevie Johnson as much! I think Allen is going to be a PPR force at WR2.

So, off they went: Ingram, Gore, Morris, Stewart, Ellington...but my gamble paid off unexpectedly with :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: Spiller :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

After the direction things went in 'sans Sproles' last year, Sean Payton and Co. had to be absolutely salivating to acquire a new toy that could post even bigger #'s. In PPR, he could post about only 80 carries and still end up well inside the Top 16 based on 80+ catches to go along with them.

Start the season already! Before I screw this up!

I wanted Spiller too... I had Spiller and Andre Johnson Que'd up....

Spiller's Bye week is the same as L Bell so, I tried to like someone else but said Screw it, if Nitt doesn't take Spiller, I'm taking him and I'll have to cover the bye as well as Bell's suspension.

would have taken Landry here but with cam and KB, didn't want another week 5 bye. A few other receivers I considered also have week 5 bye. So I'm left hoping white doesn't bust and does alright as a rookie.

Cam

Charles

KB

sanders

white

some risk but so far I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.05 5. Norsemen Brown, Antonio PIT WR

2.12 28. Norsemen Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

3.05 37. Norsemen Gurley, Todd STL RB

4.12 60. Norsemen Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

5.05 69. Norsemen Brady, Tom NEP QB

Will need to address TE and RB still.

Spiller drafters have visions of Sproles+......I'll take a wait and see approach with him like I have the past few years....as in..... I love what I saw once, but I'll wait and see if I ever see it again.....if I miss out so be it.....pass

I'm sold on Chip Kelly. There may not be enough balls to go around, but they're going to run so many plays, it may not matter. He'll get his catches, and while they'll spread the ball around between the 20's, it's hard for me to imagine any of the WR/TE on the current Roster stealing Red Zone looks from Ertz.

Finally, I'm going to have precious few Bills, Jaguars and Redskins on my Team, so no Bye conflicts!

5.08 Tony Romo QB DAL 6

3.08 Carlos Hyde RB SF 10

6.09 Joique Bell RB DET 9

2.09 Mike Evans WR TB 6

4.09 Brandon Marshall WR NYJ 5

7.08 Josh Hill TE NO 11

Last edited by a moderator:
QB Aaron Rodgers GB

RB Frank Gore IND

RB Latavius Murray OAK

WR Dez Bryant DAL

WR Roddy White ATL

TE Julius Thomas JAC

Cam

Flacco

Charles

KB

sanders

white

Cameron

Got bit last time waiting too long for qb. This time I really like the Newton/Flacco combo.

Users who are viewing this thread