What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What happened with NYJ? (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
I thought they had a good draft

This is in the transactions-

Fired director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett and college scouts Rick Courtright, David Hinson, Cole Hufnagel, Chris Prescott and Seth Turner.

I thought they had a good draft

This is in the transactions-

Fired director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett and college scouts Rick Courtright, David Hinson, Cole Hufnagel, Chris Prescott and Seth Turner.
Looks like this happened yesterday: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-fire-pro-personnel-director-brendan-prophett-5-152014888--nfl.html

I would say it's probably a holdover from them firing Rex Ryan - these were coming. They didn't want to clean these guys out until after the draft was over... I understand one could say "well get the new guys in place" but I have a feeling the Jets didn't want to feel the need to scramble and rush into it. They can now take their time with the new guys they hire.

Someone on some blog I was reading (can't remember), said that the general thinking is that Maccagnan did not want to cut the scouts too early, or else they could share draft knowledge if hired by other teams.

Pace and the Bears did the same thing today. GM's want their own scouts, and not the previous GM's but they can't fire them right when they got higher with the draft so close. This is common thing in the NFL when there is turnover at the top of the chain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on some blog I was reading (can't remember), said that the general thinking is that Maccagnan did not want to cut the scouts too early, or else they could share draft knowledge if hired by other teams.
Yes, this happens a lot for that reason. Sometimes even GMs are kept on until the end of the draft even though everyone knows they are gone soon as it is over (see Casserly, Charlie).

It's about time.

I thought they drafted well, too, which means they did something different with their drafting process despite holding on to the old personnel until now.

Users who are viewing this thread