What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 SSL3 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

SSL2 has cleared the 1st round, this draft has officially started:

1.01 - Robert Gronkowski, TE

pictus cat has been PM'd

I'm just glad atomic punk was able to log-in and change his logo. No worries about that pick.

;)

I'm just glad atomic punk was able to log-in and change his logo. No worries about that pick.

;)
I PM'd him just 5min ago, just in case someone else didnt do it.... But ya... odd to say the least. (eta: it actually says atomic punk hasnt even logged in to MFL yet... so, someone else changed his logo)

Anyways.... Is there anyone besides Gronk to take at #1 in this format?

It was a no brainer, but I really wanted a RB to start due to the roster restrictions and league size... but none worth the #1. Bell aside, but not missing the first 4 games he;s not

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the clock on?
It's off from 12-8am EDT. Crippler made his pick at 5.55pm so that would imply AP has until 9.55 this morning.

I PM'd AP at a little after 8 last night and don't know if anyone did so before that so I'm willing to cut him a couple hours of slack, but it's up to you guys.

These drafts usually have some delays in the first round. Typically Bass suggests that whoever times out in their first slot is shifted to the 16th spot and everyone moves up. I agree with Mr. I that it would be ok to delay that step until Noon or so today. Everyone that signed up should have read the thread and known about when the draft would begin, but there are normally a few hiccups getting things kicked off.

I sent a PM to Bass to have him reset the draft order in MFL so we can keep moving. I've got no idea how to do that as the Commish and don't want to #### things up before we even get started.

Hopefully he'll be able to fix it soon.

I guess Gamma can make his pick at 1.05 in the meantime? We can always update MFL after the fact.

Just a reminder. The guys that have timed out will have a four hour clock to make their pick. If they miss that window they will be replaced by someone from league 4. I've only changed the draft order for the first two rounds.

BNB or someone else with more knowledge of the draft setup than myself, could you please change my remaining draft picks to the turn. 3.16---4.01 etc. I'm assuming all my picks have changed now. Sorry for the delay in round one. :( I don't want to mess the draft up more than I already have. Thanks

I hate my start

Calvin I love but probably get him at the 1.11 or so. So I reached. Probably should have taken Forte but already did that. Picking early sucks this year.

Gurley. Another reach probably but needed a RB and the rest dont excite me. Why I should have gone Forte but again, the WR dropoff is big after Adams IMO. Hopkins or Allen is not the same level.Took a chance big time and see how it pans out. I really wanted Olsen.

Allen. Only pick I like to this point. Have him in both drafts that I picked early

I hate picking early. My fav draft was WSL where I picked 1.16. The rest is okay but that one was much better looking back.

Picking early sucks

Killef it w 1st pick, but that's A gimme pick

Yeldon was only RB worth a pick at thr turn and hopkins is in houston, but his talent is off the charts

Meh so far

Go Blue said:
BNB or someone else with more knowledge of the draft setup than myself, could you please change my remaining draft picks to the turn. 3.16---4.01 etc. I'm assuming all my picks have changed now. Sorry for the delay in round one. :( I don't want to mess the draft up more than I already have. Thanks
Thank you to whoever handled this.

Just wanted to say that I am going to be on vacation next week, sorry - didn't realize that - but I have Jeff Tefertiller stepping in to cover my picks during that time.

I trust his picks in my place.

So - if I am not around or linger around too long (I might be able to draft via phone) - PM Jeff Tefertiller and he'll make my pick for me.

Thanks

Holloway Team after four rounds

QB1 Drew Brees NO 4.9

RB1 LeVeon Bell Pitt 1.8

WR1 Alshon Jeffery Chi 2.9

TE1 Travis Kelce KC 3.8

Really like having one each at all four critical positions through four rounds. Helps enable selecting the best available, rather than focus on a position. As this pick approached had considered Julius Thomas as my second TE and briefly considered Alfred Morris, but Brees was my top guy after Thomas was taken by Menobrown.

Carry on folks, let's keep the picks coming

Good call on Brees at this point rzr

Ryan

Lacy/Forsett

Olsen

Dig my team so far. Pretty dependable. Interested to see whats there mid 5.

Seven of the last nine picks have been QBs and with Pictus Cat and Soulfly on the turn without one, we may see a few more off the board.

Summary for those not tracking on Draft Dominator

QB - 11 total including seven in the 4th round, two in the 2nd and one in the 3rd

RB - 22 total taken, only two in the 4th

WR - 22 total taken, only two in the 4th

TE - 8 total taken, one in the 1sr, two in the 2nd, three in a row in the 3rd and two in the 4th

pre-draft picks made, so if Pictus does his thing, both my picks at the turn are in.

I really, truly hate picking at the turn in this type of league. brutal

Being on the end is especially challenging in 16 team drafts, just so much can happen in 30 picks. Rarely any value slips and sometimes even if it does, you find yourself short at a position like QB.

Jeff Pasquino said:
Just wanted to say that I am going to be on vacation next week, sorry - didn't realize that - but I have Jeff Tefertiller stepping in to cover my picks during that time.

So - if I am not around or linger around too long (I might be able to draft via phone) - PM Jeff Tefertiller and he'll make my pick for me.

Thanks
Geez, I said NEXT WEEK!

Didn't make the last pick, but I'm OK with L. Murray. Please let me know until I say I'm on vacation - likely Sat/Sun.

Kinda of a plodder of a team so far. Nothing special. Interesting to see round after round of nothing falling and/or everyone I considered that had lower adp in other ssls go after my picks.

Jeff Pasquino said:

Thanks
Geez, I said NEXT WEEK!

Didn't make the last pick, but I'm OK with L. Murray. Please let me know until I say I'm on vacation - likely Sat/Sun.
Apologies for that, bad reading comprehension. Since most rarely post future plans, I read it as I'm out for now.

Kinda of a plodder of a team so far. Nothing special. Interesting to see round after round of nothing falling and/or everyone I considered that had lower adp in other ssls go after my picks.
really liked the last turn of Tate & Bernard

What you guys think so far? Again, picking from the 1 spot in a 16 teamer is TURD. Hating it. But trying to do my best and really trying to not miss out on certain positions with a 30 pick gap inbetween picks (keep that in mind)

Romo

Yeldon

J Bell

D Hopkins

Gronk

Just an FYI, I will be traveling this afternoon/evening, should be ok as we are a long way from me being back up. Probably will not be able to look things over well until 9:00 or 10:00 CDT.

Let's seek that momentum from yesterday afternoon and evening and get it going again.

What you guys think so far? Again, picking from the 1 spot in a 16 teamer is TURD. Hating it. But trying to do my best and really trying to not miss out on certain positions with a 30 pick gap inbetween picks (keep that in mind)

Romo

Yeldon

J Bell

D Hopkins

Gronk
I like it. You keep taking guys I have no interest in. That is perfect in my world.

II rather a few guys over Romo but not a bad pick for QB

I dont like Joique Bell at all and he will never be on my team unless I got in in round 8.

Yelden is fine but like me with Gurley hoping. GUrley is way more talented

I like Hopkins

Hard not to love Gronk. Even though his lifestyle and playing style scare me.

Some players in these SSLs are all over the place from one draft to another

Gurley I take in 2nd here and get at 3.9 in other SSL. No wonder I like SSL4 start over SSL3 start. Even though this team is not half bad after 5 rounds

Rivers

Gurley

Calvin,. Allen, Matthews.

I got players I like to have at least.

I liked Jbell, but saw him as a value that could be had later.

A talented line can really make a player look day and night. Romo is intriguing in that aspect.

The 2nd round was irritating with those wrs coming so close.

Romo

Yeldon

J Bell

D Hopkins

#GRONKSMASH
I don't like either of your RBs much where you got them TBH. Don't mind the strategy - pairing a steady Eddie with a pure upside guy - but just think you reached on 'em a little. Rest of your team is really solid though. Honestly, I see the entire QB tier from Wilson through Rivers as essentially interchangeable, and would have happily punted on QB at 4.06 except having been in a few of these I really believed (and rightly so) I'd miss out on them all by the time of my pick in the 5th.

Ya, I dont like mr RBs but like I said... With 30 picks between my selections, i had to take them as they were the highest ranked on my board at that position

Ugh

Romo

Yeldon

J Bell

D Hopkins

Gronk
If it was me, I pass on Yeldon for Hilton and Romo for either Bernard or Ellington. You're going to get killed at WR and you don't have great RBs to show for it. My best advice for drafting at the turn is not to draft from the top of tiers. Roll the dice that something slips at a position of need. Sometimes you'll get hosed and end up without a TE/QB/RB but just as often something will fall and you'll really like your team.

Bell

Bernard/Ellington

Hopkins

Hilton

Gronk

Romo

Yeldon

J Bell

D Hopkins

Gronk
i normally like to look at the draft board before commenting but without looking I hate this team cause you have to take gronk out of the equation.. since no brainer......your RB's blow.....I hate the top of the draft this year iin 16 teamers and i think we will see many of them die early which will make things interesting with Gronk gone.....one down week by him will kill some teams....i'm almost looking for any little reason to keep passing on bell right now even late in drafts....hopkins needs to show me he can put up similar numbers as the focus of defensive passing gameplans....I actually like romo a bunch with an expected dip in running game, but you may have needed to pass on him where you did....which I dont know where it was.....might have needed to bite the bullet and double up the next tme....sorry I didnt look at board so my opinion mght change when i do

The Romo pick is right because I agree on the QB tiers. If you did not go QB, you would have been left with not as much to choose from. Maybe Dalton-Palmer. I rather Romo-RB/WR you get with next pick over Dalton-Ellington/Bernard

QB is a huge key in these leagues IMO and dont be afraid to be ahead of the curve which I think you where.

The Romo pick is right because I agree on the QB tiers. If you did not go QB, you would have been left with not as much to choose from. Maybe Dalton-Palmer. I rather Romo-RB/WR you get with next pick over Dalton-Ellington/Bernard

QB is a huge key in these leagues IMO and dont be afraid to be ahead of the curve which I think you where.
Exactly. There was ZERO chance in hell I pass on Romo at the turn. Zero.

Take a look at the QBs that are left as of now (and it still hasn't got back to me) - Foles, Dalton, Palmer....

Sorry, in a 6pt per TD league, there was absolutely NO CHANCE I was waiting on a QB there... If I waited, im convinced I get bounced instantly.

Again, i haaaate the turn in this league, but the "pass on a qb for bernard" wouldve been my death in week 1 probably.

Romo may be the best move Ive done, to be honest. Saved myself

Users who are viewing this thread