What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 SSL3 Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

It's round 9. If you don't know to check in every so often by now...

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone doesn't have a few players pre-drafted at this point.
I think you are asking a little much for everyone in a 16 team league to have predrafts in round 9.....so many things can change with mini runs etc and you are round 9 which is one round past your starting lineup, and with bye weeks you don't even really have your starters.....qb2 run happens usually 6-8 or so..... so your still looking at RB2 or WR3 in rounds 9-10-11 or so....and if owners want to take bye week conflicts etc. into account you are asking quite a bit when asking for predraft picks in round 9....kind of hard to see that far ahead and the research (checking bye weeks, etc.) going in takes time and lists would have to be really long.....its one thing to predraft a bunch dst or pk later in the draft when you KNOW that is the direction you are going.....it's another thing to ask people to make extended lists when you are looking at still filling out your position players and potential starters......hard to tell when serious value will fall in a direction you maybe weren't planing on going.....

personally I'm not a big predrafter.....but I love this stuff/hooby so I check in a lot...

but really we need to check ourselves sometimes and realize how far out we are from the regular season....we are in no hurry....to some extent we are all here cause we love to draft....why rush it......we can go other places and draft if we want to hurry up and get it done....there are rules in place to make sure the draft gets completed...enjoy the ride....

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the season is a ways off, but I don't think it's outrageous to request if you join a draft with 15 others, you make somewhat an attempt to not hold it up. We've had multiple timed-out picks. Think about that, the person otc did not check in for 8 hours knowing it *might* be his turn. And who knows how long before it was even his pick.

I agree with mini-runs and all but I usually know a player or two that if he fell to my next pick from multiple picks out, I would take him. I'm not expecting an extended list which is why I said a few players. You can always update it as your pick gets closer. Its round 9, so there's a chance any player can make it to your next pick at this point.

i'm all about trying not to time out, etc......I just think "everybody" having a pre draft list in round 9 is a little much....I hate predrafting any round let alone round 9....

i'm all about trying not to time out, etc......I just think "everybody" having a pre draft list in round 9 is a little much....I hate predrafting any round let alone round 9....
I predraft all the time, some times entire rounds away and I like to think I do ok in these survivors. I've won 3 of them so far. :shrug:

I'm not sure what happens if I don'the put in enough players for predraft, but I only predraft a few picks out and only 8f I know I'made going to be busy.

You deserve a reasonably calculated pick designed to win a bb survivor league based on these scoring rules.

I predraft all the time, some times entire rounds away and I like to think I do ok in these survivors. I've won 3 of them so far. :shrug:
your cookie is in the mail....if that is what you were going for.....

but more importantly.....did you change your avatar?.....something seems different in my fantasy mojo....and I think it's your logo....i think mock draft approval must be granted before old timers make changes like that....

your cookie is in the mail....if that is what you were going for.....

but more importantly.....did you change your avatar?.....something seems different in my fantasy mojo....and I think it's your logo....i think mock draft approval must be granted before old timers make changes like that....
Make sure it's a Peanut Butter Cookie. :P

I think predrafting 1-2 rounds in advance is reasonable at this point.

Most survivor drafters know what position they'll draft next, just a matter of attaching a name to that position.

For example, I knew that my Stills pick was going to be a WR. I predrafted several. Not that hard.

Granted if you are still playing the "best player available" style I could see waiting, but given we're >50% done I think it isn't hard to predraft for at least one pick in the future.

I typically hate double standards, but it kind of applies here. Pre-drafting is not mandatory and is not necessary if you monitor the draft, either by getting emails for the picks or frequent check ins. The downfall of the participant's attitudes only comes when folks repeatedly ignore the draft.

I normally will not pre-draft till later and prefer to monitor position runs. Different strokes.

Reality ifs an hour clock and if me st took seven hours this thing would drag terribly.

Apply the golden rule, help and encourage and be patient, one of my least characteristics.

Back to the draft

10.12 C. Patterson WR Vikes

10.13 Tre Mason RB Rams

10.14 D. Woodhead RB Chargers

Headed to church, catch ya'll later

Sent PM to PC

I want Jay Ajayi with my next pick.

I'm in the middle of 6 dynasty drafts right now. Never got single PM from anyone telling me I'm up until Jeff sends me a message saying I timed out. That blows guys.

Setting up email reminders takes 10 seconds. I dunno

Also, did Pictus draft quick, but not put it into MFL?

Im PMd him to find out. I got my predrafts picks locked and loaded, so he'll be back on the clock instantly

I'm in the middle of 6 dynasty drafts right now. Never got single PM from anyone telling me I'm up until Jeff sends me a message saying I timed out. That blows guys.
But, to be fair - you were online yesterday and didn't check where we were yourself?

I get the no PM angle, but it wasn't like you weren't around to check.

I'll put Ajayi in for you.

But, to be fair - you were online yesterday and didn't check where we were yourself?

No I did not check because I did not think I was up or needed to check because up till that pick I'd been getting PM's on every pick.

Thanks for putting in Ajayi.

300 draft update emails?

Think there's 18 rounds. So 18 emails over a week or so.

Anyways, yes you should be PMd, but the email is the most foolproof

No I did not check because I did not think I was up or needed to check because up till that pick I'd been getting PM's on every pick.

Thanks for putting in Ajayi.
You can set it up to just notify you when you're OTC.

I think we're OK now... good luck the rest of the way.

During times of transition, inefficiency is to be expected. Just a matter of time before we all have the same expectations...though we currently have owners with preferences and changing expectations...since mfl tracking began.

My pick D. Freeman RB Falcons more picks on MFL

WILL PM both Jeff P and Jeff T

11.11 Mr. Irrelevant Jones, Marvin CIN WR 9:23:02 p.m.

11.12 Menobrown Dorsett, Phillip IND WR 9:23:03 p.m.

PM out to Jeaton.

Setting up email reminders takes 10 seconds. I dunno
Or about the time it takes to pm someone which has been common practice in these things for years. Seem better to me than getting about 300 draft update e-mails.
You have the ability to be emailed automatically when you are up. I don't see how you can complain when you time out. You may not like it but you really can't complain. Not trying to start #### cause we are all homies here. Been a good draft so far.

11.13 173. Jeaton Amaro, Jace NYJ TE Sun May 17 9:30:37 p.m. ET 2015

11.14 174. Sinrman Ball, Montee DEN RB Sun May 17 9:30:38 p.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

11.15 175. Atomic Punk Funchess, Devin CAR WR Sun May 17 9:30:38 p.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

11.16 176. Go Blue Texans, Houston HOU Def Sun May 17 9:30:38 p.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

12.01 177. Go Blue Rivera, Mychal OAK TE Sun May 17 9:30:38 p.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

12.02 178. Atomic Punk Davis, Vernon SFO TE Sun May 17 9:30:38 p.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

12.03 179. Sinrman Bills, Buffalo BUF Def Mon May 18 6:43:04 a.m. ET 2015

12.04 180. Jeaton Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def Mon May 18 6:46:15 a.m. ET 2015

12.06 - Doug Baldwin, WR SEA

Autodrafts behind me:

12.07 Snellman Rodgers, Richard GBP TE 2:58:49 p.m.

12.08 Jeff Pasquino Davis, Knile KCC RB 2:58:49 p.m.

PM going out to Holloway.

Just a heads up guys. I'm targeting this draft for a Friday completion. Don't see it being a problem, but clocks may get halved to get this wrapped before the holiday.

14.06 Mr. Irrelevant Williams, DeAngelo PIT RB 7:49:45 p.m.

14.07 Snellman Paul, Niles WAS TE 7:49:46 p.m.

14.08 Jeff Pasquino Sturgis, Caleb MIA PK 7:49:46 p.m.

Sorry for delay ... finally discharged from hospital today :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'll PM Holloway.

15.11 235. Mr. Irrelevant Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def Wed May 20 10:00:42 a.m. ET 2015

15.12 236. Menobrown Strong, Jaelen HOU WR Wed May 20 10:00:43 a.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

PM going to Jeaton ... ETA: Jeaton's inbox is still full.

A ton of pre-drafts entered and if all successful, Jeaton can make back to back picks on a monster turn. Just need him to join us.

Thinking out loud. About bass's desire to finish up before the holiday weekend.

Typically we log the draft on this thread and when folks have time outs their subsequent times are reduced. Jeaton already timed out and today when we were urged to have a sense of urgency, another long delay, currently at 6 1/2 hours.

Anybody think after giving him the full eight, we should give him Tenow twice if all the pre-drafts function?

Users who are viewing this thread