What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for start up dynasty league. no idp (2 Viewers)

Ace zero1

Footballguy
LOOKING for a start up dynasty league.! Hoping for 12 team league. 100 dollars and under. No idp. Email me at minne91@gmail.com

I'm with ace zero, looking for no idp and under $100 ppr if you need more than 1 owner.

Ace zero - hope you don't mind that I jumped in.

I also posted on this separately. I was playing in a dynasty league with a computer programmer named Lee Harmon on Fantasy Phenoms. After Phenoms went under he decided to try and start his own site. It is hosted through MFL and funds are secured by League Safe. He is offering various formats to include the 12 team ppr dynasty. The site is legit and I have corresponded with the guy enough to trust him. The link is:

https://www.dataforceff.com/

I do not care one way or another if we use this site or not. I am not getting anything of benefit. I just want some more of his leagues to start filling up so that I can do some start-ups this year.

Chris

I also posted on this separately. I was playing in a dynasty league with a computer programmer named Lee Harmon on Fantasy Phenoms. After Phenoms went under he decided to try and start his own site. It is hosted through MFL and funds are secured by League Safe. He is offering various formats to include the 12 team ppr dynasty. The site is legit and I have corresponded with the guy enough to trust him. The link is:

https://www.dataforceff.com/

I do not care one way or another if we use this site or not. I am not getting anything of benefit. I just want some more of his leagues to start filling up so that I can do some start-ups this year.

Chris
When it says pay it dosnt go to leaguesafe.. makes you pay on that site. is NFL?

My understanding is that funds paid to league go into league safe. Also, you can see the icon on the bottom of the page. I can e-mail him about that specifically. And yes, it is definitely an MFL league. Like I said, I don't care if we use this site or another one. Just a thought.

Definitely league safe. Would someone be willing to commish? I do not have the time (4 kids keep me busy), but have started up a league before.

Auction or serpentine?

Q r r w w w te flex(r/w/t) k d

Let's do this. need someone to step up and take the lead here, but I think we should vote on a lot of the important things

Honestly, my vote is to get 12 together and run it through Data Force. It's ran through MFL and utilizes league safe for the funds. Also, the owner, Lee, will run everything for us and will support any type of league structure we want. I vote 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 K. I prefer no DST, but if everyone wants one I am fine with it.

Myself and a friend in one of my leagues are looking for another dynasty league. Would prefer mfl and leaguesafe. I think for both of us $50 would be the ideal fee but I would still be interested up to 100 I believe. I'll follow this to see what comes of it.

Definitely league safe. Would someone be willing to commish? I do not have the time (4 kids keep me busy), but have started up a league before.

Auction or serpentine?

Q r r w w w te flex(r/w/t) k d

Let's do this. need someone to step up and take the lead here, but I think we should vote on a lot of the important things
It's been a few years since I did a start up dynasty league as commissioner but would be willing to do it again. What are your thoughts on rules and such? Anyone have a template of bylaws we can start with?

Side note - the 1 active dynasty league I am commissioner has been around since at least 2005.

How's this for 12 man ppr start 1qb

GENERAL LEAGUE SETUP

Commissioner Email Address: Send Email To Commish

Total Number of Divisions: 3

Number of Franchises: 12

Number of Roster Spots: 30

Number of Injured Reserve Spots: 2

Head-To-Head Matchups: Yes

Each Player can be on: 1 rosters per League

At the start of the season, rosters are determined by: On-line, long-running (email) draft, taking several days/weeks to complete.

ABILITIES SETUP

Franchise Abilities: Submit lineups

Perform waivers / FA moves

Drop players at any time

Propose / accept trades

Make IR moves

Write league articles

Post to message board

Post to league chat and trash-talk videos

Post to bulletin board

Change franchise setup info

Create league polls

Customize home page

View 'Prev. Proc. Waivers'

STANDINGS SETUP

Standings Sort Criteria #1: Overall Winning Percentage

Standings Sort Criteria #2: Total Points Scored

ACCOUNTING SETUP

League Entry Fee: $50.00

GENERAL SCORING SETUP

Calculate Fantasy Results From: Week 1 through Week 17

Number of Decimal Places For League Scoring: 1

Ties Are: Counted as ties

STARTING LINEUP SETUP

Total Starters: 9

Number of Starting QBs: 1

Number of Starting RBs: 2-3

Number of Starting WRs: 3-4

Number of Starting TEs: 1-2

Number of Starting Defs: 1

Hide starting lineups from all owners until: Never hide starters.

Should owners be allowed to submit players on bye as starters? Yes

ROSTER POSITION LIMITS SETUP

OTHER LEAGUE SETTINGS

Display NFL Player Injury Status? Yes

Display Top Performers/Player Stats Report? Yes

Display Rosters Report? Yes

Display NFL Opponent's Passing/Rushing Rank On Submit Lineup Page? Yes

Display NFL Bye Weeks/NFL Schedule? Yes

Display NFL News Articles? Yes

Display NFL Free Agents on Fantasy Free Agent Lists? Yes

Display NFL Rookies With ® Next To Name? Yes

Time Zone: PT

Display "Drafted" Column on Rosters Report? No

Are league reports private (Not accessible to guests)? Yes

Is league home page private (Not accessible to guests)? No

DRAFT SETUP

Draft Pick Time Limit Turned: Off

WEEKLY LINEUP SETUP

Lineup Submission Deadline: Players Are Locked At Kickoff Of Their Game

Are Partial Lineups Allowed? NO

WAIVERS SETUP

For purposes of the above weekly transaction limits, a week starts at: kickoff

Prevent Owners From Making ANY Waiver/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? Yes

TRADES SETUP

Display Trade Comments To All Owners? Yes

Allow Trades That Would Create Invalid Rosters To Go Through? Yes

When A Trade Causes An Invalid Roster, Allow Owner To Submit Lineup? No

Prevent Owners From Accepting Trades Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? Yes

INJURED RESERVE SETUP

Player Must Be Classified As Before Being Deactivated: Ir

Can a player be deactivated when he is listed as "Suspended"? No

II. Teams/Divisions

The league will consist of 12 teams split into 3 divisions.

III. League Code of Conduct

Everyone is in this league to be a part of the ultimate competition. Keep that in mind when entering your lineups and trading. If it appears that an owner is not putting an optimum starting lineup forward to gain an advantage in draft placement, the situation will be dealt with and penalties could be as severe as loss of draft pick or removal from the league.

Everyone should be respectful of each other even during disagreements. Keep message board content reasonably clean. Trash talk is fine but use common sense and dont cross any lines.

Owners are required to be active in the league including in the off season. Owners are required to participate in all polls, respond to trade offers in a timely manner, etc.

If an owner is not following the bylaws, they will be warned the first time. The Commissioners reserve the right to replace any owner deemed detrimental to the league for any reason.

IV. Entry Fee and Payout

The league fees are $50 and are due before the first years Veteran Draft

Following years the League fees will be due before the Rookie Draft

Payment will be through League Safe

Winners Money Break Down

1st Place $305

2nd Place $150

3rd Place $75

Please note owner is responsible for covering their fees for different payment options through league safe. Visit leaguesafe.com for more information.

Site Fee: $70, unless MFL changes their fees. League fees will be used to pay next years site fees.

All winning payments will be released at the end of the season via league safe.

V. Roster Size

24 active players and 2 Injured Reserve (IR) spots. All owners must maintain enough players to field a starting lineup each week.

Starting lineups:

10 POS - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX(RB/WR/TE), PK, DST

Players lock individually at their scheduled game time.

VI. Scoring

Decimal scoring system calculated to 0.1. Scoring includes all positions. Ties will be allowed if for some reason both teams starters have identical score.

VII. Inaugural Draft

The initial draft will be 24 rounds in length and will be serpentine in style (1-12, 12-1, 1-12, etc.). Only veterans will be allowed in the first draft. Draft Order will be determined through a draft order generator after the league is full via http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm. The draft will start when all league fees are paid. Initial draft is currently planned for April 21st, 2012.

A rookie draft will take place one week after the NFL draft unless players are not yet entered into the sites system. The rookie draft order will be opposite to the one that was randomly generated during the inaugural draft. Team 1 with the first pick in the veterans will now draft last in the first rookie draft and vice versa serpentine style. Rosters will expand to 30 to include the rookies.

Draft is conducted on our league home page using MFL's live draft tool with each owner having a 24 hour time limit. 2/10/13 bb The clock will begin to run at the time that the previous pick was posted.

Owners should use the pre draft option if they will not be online to make their pick before the timer expires. If you time out, a player will be selected by the system, and the draft will proceed. Having the clock expire on your pick twice in one draft without communicating to the league may be viewed as inactivity. We understand life happens. All we ask is that you treat the league with respect and keep us informed.

VIII. Yearly Drafts Drafts following the 1st year of the league

There is a 4 round rookie draft each season involving all positions, which will officially begin on a date agreeable with all owners in May preferably one week after the NFL draft. However, all years dues must be paid before the draft can begin. The draft will be conducted on our league home page using MFL's live draft tool with each owner having a 12 hour time limit. The clock will begin to run at the time that the previous pick was posted.

Draft order will be in order of worst to first based on the previous years finish. All non playoff teams will receive draft positions 1-6 based on regular season record plus tiebreakers where necessary. All playoff teams will receive draft positions 7-12 based on playoff finish.

Since we love drafts, a 4 round Free Agent draft will begin after all second to last week NFL Preseason games have been played(typically week 3 of the preseason for most teams). This is the best chance to evaluate players in starting positions as well as potential sleepers. We will have the same draft order as the rookie draft. There will be no trades allowed for the Free Agent draft. Rosters will be expanded to account for the additional FA picks. Any player not on a teams roster will be eligible at this point. FA draft order will be the same as the rookie draft order. If for some reason the site does not allow for a Free Agent draft, the Waiver Wire will be used on a First Come First Serve basis. 2/10/13 - bb Free Agency will continue until end of NFL pre-season.

If you miss your pick, a player will be selected by the system, and the draft will proceed. Having the clock expire on your pick twice in one draft without communicating to the league may be viewed as inactivity. We understand life happens. All we ask is that you treat the league with respect and keep us informed.

IX. Trades

There will be a trade deadline of the Tuesday prior to the first game of week 12. Trading period resumes a week after the NFL Super Bowl.

There is no trade limit. All players and draft picks are able to be traded, including kickers and players on IR.

All trades will be immediately processed. However the commissioners maintain the right to overturn any trade that is deemed detrimental to league integrity. Any team (including the commissioner) can object to a trade by posting in the league message boards their objection within 48 hours of a trade. In that objection, they must state their case with valid reasons why they believe the trade should be reviewed and possibly overturned. This reason may be for whatever reason they wish but it must be articulated as per above. All teams have the right to post their thoughts on the trade in question, to discuss the matter in a level-headed manner. All decisions by the commissioners are final.

Trading of draft picks for one season into the future are available for trading, meaning that during 2012 season, 2013 picks can be traded. However, next years league fees must be paid in order to trade future year picks.

Trading will be allowed between teams that are paid in full for the current season.

You may trade a player you have placed on injured reserve.

Trades can involve players & draft picks with owners responsible for ensuring trades do not put their teams over the roster limits. If a trade leaves one owner with an invalid roster, the owner has 24 hours or until kickoff off of the first NFL game of that week (whichever comes first) to make their roster compliant with the league rules. If the owner of the invalid roster fails to comply in the given amount of time, appropriate action will be taken by the commissioners.

Draft picks may be traded while on the clock. Updated 4/19/2012 BB

X. Injured Reserve (IR)

There will be up to 2 Injury Reserve spots. A player must be placed on the NFL IR to become eligible for IR spots as set on MFL. No exceptions.

Any player on IR at the end of the season must be removed prior to the beginning of the NFL Free Agent Period of the following year which will coincide with the beginning of our offseason First Come First Serve waiver wire period. Once the deadline has passed any player still on IR will be cut from that team.

XI. Taxi Squad (TS)

There are no Taxi Squads

XII. Player Position Eligibility

Position eligibility will be determined by MFL. All in season changes by MFL are final.

XIII. Free Agency

In season free agency will utilize a waiver wire following the conclusion of Week 1 of the NFL Season. Waiver Wire Selection order will be determined by Lowest Overall Winning Percentage followed by Lowest Number of Points. Waivers are processed on Wednesday's at 10:00 PM ET. Each team can select up to 4 waiver rounds. First Come First Serve(FCFS) will open on Thursdays at 12:00 PM (noon) ET. The waiver wire order will be reset each week based on the above criteria.

Off season free agency via waivers will open at the beginning of the NFL's Free Agency period and close at the beginning of that years NFL draft. Free Agency will open back up after the draft is completed. 2/10/13- bb Offseason free agency with be FCFS.

Rosters will not expand for Free Agency period except for during the preseason waiver wire period if needed.

XIV. Off Season

One week after NFL Super Bowl Trading will open.

All players on IR must be activated to active roster or dropped to the FA pool one week prior to the beginning of the offsean free agency period.

Entry fees due before the start of the rookie draft.

Prior to the first NFL Season Game, rosters are required to be cut down to an active roster of 24 with the 2 IR spots.

XV. Scheduling

The league will be organized into 3 divisions of 4 teams each. Each team will play their divisional opponents twice and every other team once. The schedule will be generated by MFL. Due to scheduling, there will be one double header each season scheduled for the last week (13) of the season. Hope is to keep things competitive until the end of the season. 2/10/13-bb for the week prior to the beginning of NFL bye weeks. Your set roster will be used for both games.

XVI. Tiebreakers

Ties during regular season games count as ties.

Ties in playoff games, standings, playoff seeding, and draft order are broken using the following criteria:

a. Overall Winning Percentage

b. Total Points Scored

c. Head-To-Head Record

d. Divisional Winning Percentage

e. Conference Winning Percentage

f. Power Rank

XVII. Playoffs

Playoffs will begin in Week 14 of the NFL season and will last for three weeks.

There will be six playoff teams, the three division champions and three wildcards teams.

The wildcard teams will be from any division with the best records.

The highest two division champions will have bye week.

Playoff Schedule

Week 14: Wildcard round

Game 1: Seed 3 v. Seed 6

Game 2: Seed 4 v. Seed 5

Week 15: Divisional round

Game 1: Seed 1 v. Lowest seeded winner of week 14

Game 2: Seed 2 v. Highest seeded winner of week 14

Week 16: Championship Game and Consolation Game

Game 1: Winners of divisional round play for the championship

Game 2: Losers of division round play for 3th and 4th place

XVIII. Abandoned Teams

If a team is abandoned mid-year, unless a replacement owner can be found, then in all likelihood, the Commissioner will set the roster using the best of his judgment each week. During any week where the Commissioner's own team is playing this abandoned team, the Co-Commissioner will set the starting lineup and the Commissioner will honor that. If that team wins any prize money, then those winnings will be put into the following year's prize pool as extra winnings. Any team will be considered abandoned if:

a. There is an email to the league or Commissioner stating that the previous owner isn't able or willing to continue playing,

b. An owner does not log onto the league website for a period of 4 weeks without communicating to the Commissioner. Under no circumstances does an abandoned team's previous owner have any right to potential prize money during that season, or in subsequent seasons. If, during the course of the season, an owner has not sent in a lineup for two consecutive weeks without notifying the league commissioner beforehand, the commissioner will officially warn the owner in question via e-mail that further acts of non-participation will result in the owner being subject to removal from the league. If the owner in question does not respond to this e-mail or does not submit a lineup for a third consecutive week, the team will be considered abandoned and the owner will be removed from the league.

XIX. Miscellaneous

Owners are responsible for verifying legality of lineups of their own team and their competition.

Be careful with each key stroke and think before doing anything like accepting a trade, dropping a player, etc. If a mistake does occur, immediately post on the league message board a new topic and state that an error occurred, how it occurred and why, if necessary. In all events, it should occur within 10-30 minutes, although the Commissioner may, at his sole judgment, reverse blatantly obvious mistakes (dropping Adrian Peterson MIN, for example), no matter the time lag. Please note that regret on a trade, not realizing an injury has occurred, etc. are NOT grounds for reversal. If more than 3 errors are made by a team during the course of any season, no more reversals will be made. Be cautious!

Tanking will not be tolerated! You are expected to make every reasonable effort to set your best roster possible every week of competition, even if you are out of the running for prizes. The Commissioner and other owners will monitor this. This includes an owner failing to submit a quality lineup, either intentionally or through indifference, or blatantly changes their roster to tank a game. It is understandable and expected that owners will play hunches on who to play and wont always start the players who score the most points. On the other hand, employing tactics such as benching must start players with no injury concerns for more questionable choices, starting players who have been hurt, suspended or benched for weeks, or starting players who are on their bye weeks is unfair to the rest of the league and will draw a warning from the Commissioner. If the behavior persists, the commissioner may take more serious action to resolve the situation in accordance with the selected penalties listed below, up to and including expulsion from the league. That owner loses control of their team and forfeits any partial league fees they may have paid. Please note that hopefully, this will never occur.

The following other anti-competitive behaviors are outlawed:

a. Making trades that result in worsening your team in order to stock another team who plays a rival you want/need to lose.

b. Trading if you don't intend to come back. If you don't plan on returning next year, please just set your roster as best you can and do not drop/trade any players. Let the new owner make their own trades.

c. Any collusion between teams, including trading to consolidate better players on one team and/or agreeing to share winnings by acting in concert, is strictly prohibited. Two or more owners making arrangements to influence the results of league activities, such as player availability, draft standing or game outcomes. Any unsportsmanlike conduct coordinated between two or more owners is considered collusion.

d. "Loaning" players is not allowed. All parts of a trade should be fully disclosed to the league so they can evaluate it for fairness. No delayed or two part deals should be made.

e. Adding and Dropping players frequently to tie up their status is not allowed.

f. An owner who fails to submit starting lineups, or change their existing lineups to replace players who are out due to injury, suspension or bye weeks will receive a warning from the Commissioner. If they fail to respond or resume their participation, the Commissioner will have no choice but to impose what he deems an appropriate penalty.

If at any time an owner breaks a rule or displays behavior in any way judged by the commissioner as detrimental to the league, the commissioner has both the right and obligation to act in such a way as to protect the league. He will utilize a variety of actions to balance the league and attempt to fix bad behaviors. It is expected that the following actions will be rare and not undertaken lightly.

The Commissioner reserves the right to utilize the following options:

a. Loss of trading privileges for a specified or indeterminate period.

b. Forced waiving of players.

c. Retrospective rejection of trades, with the possibility of forfeits declared for any affected games.

d. Make replacement draft picks

e. Loss of future draft choices.

f. Loss of chat board privileges.

g. Owner Suspension, with their team forfeiting games for the length of suspension after several warnings have been given by the commissioner.

h. Removing owner from team.

i. Any combination of sanctions deemed appropriate by the Commissioner.

If some league rules cannot be enforced on the MFL website, teams are responsible for knowing and following all league rules, even if the website allows illegal roster moves to occur.

Penalties, at the discretion of the Commissioner, may be enforced at anytime including retroactively. The commissioner may use an owner's past record in considering the severity and length of penalties. None of the commissioners wish to impose any of these and have very rarely had to in any of the leagues they have run in the past. But we reserve the right to protect the integrity of the league and fellow teammates, especially in cases of clear collusion, cheating, or intentional sabotage of the league.

Owners are responsible for knowing and following all the league rules, bylaws & schedules.

Owners are responsible for ensuring that their team has current contact information, as well as, the capability for other owners to contact via email.

Owners are responsible for responding to emails from the commissioner or other owners in a timely manner.

Owners are responsible for taking part in league votes and debates.

Failure to access the site for excessive periods of time will not be accepted.

Failure to submit weekly lineups will not be accepted.

Failure to follow or participate in any league function or schedule will not be accepted.

Owners also should understand that a high level of participation is also required during the off-season.

In the event that you will be away for an excessive period, you should notify the commissioner.

Disclaimer: These bylaws may be edited by the Commissioners at any time to correct misspellings, grammatical errors and/or provide better clarity of an existing bylaw without consulting the league. Any other changes to these bylaws will be discussed with the league and may require a league vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
RULES FOR QB, RB, WR, TE, PK

EVENT RANGE (LOW-HIGH) POINTS TEST?

Number of Passing TDs 0-10 4 points each Test

Passing Yards -50-999 .05 point for every 1 Test

Pass Interceptions Thrown 0-10 -1 point each Test

Passing 2 Pointers 0-10 1 point each Test

Number of Rushing TDs 0-10 6 points each Test

Rushing Yards -50-999 .1 point for every 1 Test

Rushing 2 Pointers 0-10 2 points each Test

Number of Receiving TDs 0-10 6 points each Test

Receiving Yards -50-999 .1 point for every 1 Test

Receptions 0-99 1 point each Test

Receiving 2 Pointers 0-10 2 points each Test

Number of Field Goals Made 0-10 3 points each Test

Length of Field Goal Made 0-39 0 Test

Length of Field Goal Made 40-49 1 Test

Length of Field Goal Made 50-59 2 Test

Length of Field Goal Made 60-99 3 Test

Number of Field Goals Missed 0-10 -1 point each Test

Extra Points 0-15 1 point each Test

Number of Punt Return TDs 0-10 6 points each Test

Number of Kickoff Return TDs 0-10 6 points each Test

Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) 0-10 -1 point each Test

RULES FOR DEF

EVENT RANGE (LOW-HIGH) POINTS TEST?

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0-10 2 points each Test

Interceptions Caught 0-10 2 points each Test

Sacked a QB 0-25 2 points each Test

Safeties 0-10 2 points each Test

Total Points Allowed 0-0 8 Test

Total Points Allowed 1-6 6 Test

Total Points Allowed 7-14 4 Test

Total Points Allowed 15-20 2 Test

Total Points Allowed 21-99 0 Test

Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs 0-10 6 points each

I am good with those rules.

Marty, will you take commissioner duties?

If so, my e-mail is christophercapasso@gmail.com. If we need a few more players I can likely get a couple.

It's basically 4 pts passing tds and 6 pts all others. Decimal scoring and ppr. I could co-commish if you need assistance. Let me know

I am good with those rules.

Marty, will you take commissioner duties?

If so, my e-mail is christophercapasso@gmail.com. If we need a few more players I can likely get a couple.
Ok. Guess I need to switch to my laptop to make it easier to set up the league

It's basically 4 pts passing tds and 6 pts all others. Decimal scoring and ppr. I could co-commish if you need assistance. Let me know
Sent you a PM. Definitely could use some set up help. Now I remember why I haven't set up a league in a while. I don't mind commissioning once everything is up and going, just set up isn't that fun. :wall:

I'd like to see 30 and 2 roster size. Kind of a deal breaker. Not a fan of shallow rosters.

Wonder if we could do a free trial from mfl for the 1st year and add start a pool of money (that would normally be used for league fees) to carry over as insurance for abandon teams? You never known with 12 random people from a message board...

Also, one thing I have always wanted to consider is super flex

I also think we definitely have defenses and kickers because I think they create a strategic component- how many to keep, etc...

Heading to church and have Mother's Day to celebrate. Will try to do more this afternoon if ctraltdefeat doesn't get it complete while I am out of pocket

Depending on how quickly y'all fill up, I'd like to get in on a startup dynasty but need to make it to the next pay period to pay

If you use both MFL and LeagueSafe, then I'm interested. As for the roster size, 30 + 2 is pretty large if you aren't including Def and K. While I enjoy playing in deep leagues, the competitive balance can dissipate quickly in them as superior/ more active managers separate themselves. Hence abandoned teams and broken leagues. Therefore, I would prefer something like 27-28 + 2 or 30 with 0 IR (if no K and Def).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see 30 and 2 roster size. Kind of a deal breaker. Not a fan of shallow rosters.

Wonder if we could do a free trial from mfl for the 1st year and add start a pool of money (that would normally be used for league fees) to carry over as insurance for abandon teams? You never known with 12 random people from a message board...

Also, one thing I have always wanted to consider is super flex

I also think we definitely have defenses and kickers because I think they create a strategic component- how many to keep, etc...
I'm a fan of SuperFlex leagues as well

I'm not looking for shallow roster but even in my 28 with 2 ir roster league you aren't finding anything worth while to add should you move someone to ir. I mean if the ir is there so you can add a player for one lost for the year anyone on the waivers at that size isn't going to be starting on anyone's team anyway. May consider a 2 or 3 man rookie taxi squad if you want that deep of rosters.

On one level some waiver wire ability keeps owners interested. I joined that 28 and 2 league as a start up last year and by mid season 6 owners showed up to submit lineups and that was it. Just a thought if you want people to remain active. Found it hard to get a lot of trades going g in a first year league as well because owners tend to like who they drafted.

I'm not looking for shallow roster but even in my 28 with 2 ir roster league you aren't finding anything worth while to add should you move someone to ir. I mean if the ir is there so you can add a player for one lost for the year anyone on the waivers at that size isn't going to be starting on anyone's team anyway. May consider a 2 or 3 man rookie taxi squad if you want that deep of rosters.

On one level some waiver wire ability keeps owners interested. I joined that 28 and 2 league as a start up last year and by mid season 6 owners showed up to submit lineups and that was it. Just a thought if you want people to remain active. Found it hard to get a lot of trades going g in a first year league as well because owners tend to like who they drafted.
^This is my experience as well. The lack of WW options in the early going causes bottom feeding teams to quit early. Then the top teams are picking up all the WW goodies in the second half (e.g., CJ Anderson, Charles Johnson), which leads to a lack of parity going into next year.

^This is my experience as well. The lack of WW options in the early going causes bottom feeding teams to quit early. Then the top teams are picking up all the WW goodies in the second half (e.g., CJ Anderson, Charles Johnson), which leads to a lack of parity going into next year.
if people aren't cut out to manage a team year long through thick & thin, they shouldn't be in a dynasty league

http://www27.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/67948

For most part I have a league set up. May need to tweak a few things but tried to duplicate the above scoring and rules. If you see something not right or have question, let me know.

If you want in, let me know. If you made a reply above, you have priority. Nothing starts until all is paid and we are in agreement with rules.

Most of my non-IDP leagues go at a 26+2 IR roster during season and add 6 spots during off season for rookie/FA draft (to be cut back down to 26 week before season)...works out well with regard to the wire typically having something of value each week

Dynasty leagues aren't built around the wire. All of mine are 30 and 2 IR w/ minimum 35 in offseason and they work fine.

I've sent my details to Ctrl Alt Defeat. are they gathering the same list?

Seems like with the interest, we could almost field one deeper league and 1 shallow league since there is obviously 2 different preferences.

I'd much rather be in a deeper league with people who won't hold 5 D's because they don't know any better

Marty and I are setting everything up now. Between Mother's Day and the 2 dynasty rookie drafts I have ongoing right now we'll need some time here. Hopefully we have enough spots for everyone in this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread