What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Killing Of Police Officers At the Hands of Criminals (1 Viewer)

Whew! Thank goodness you posted an example of what criminals do, in a sick way, are expected to do. I forgot all about it!

Posting this is like posting that soldiers bombed an enemy military base (though you can at least cheer that).

I can only guess this is some warped attempt at countering, what you believe, is unjust media coverage of police brutality as of late. Why else bother devoting a thread to it?

Criminals shoot at cops all the time. It's why cops are armed, to protect themselves from armed psychos. Not *ahem* to gun down unarmed men running from them.

I believe there have been 10 officers killed by gunfire this year. I believe there have been close to 500 people killed by police this year.

:shrug:

I believe there have been 10 officers killed by gunfire this year. I believe there have been close to 500 people killed by police this year.

If those numbers are true, then that does make the topic threadworthy due to its relative rarity. T&Ps to the officers involved and their families.

Whew! Thank goodness you posted an example of what criminals do, in a sick way, are expected to do. I forgot all about it!

Posting this is like posting that soldiers bombed an enemy military base (though you can at least cheer that).

I can only guess this is some warped attempt at countering, what you believe, is unjust media coverage of police brutality as of late. Why else bother devoting a thread to it?

Criminals shoot at cops all the time. It's why cops are armed, to protect themselves from armed psychos. Not *ahem* to gun down unarmed men running from them.
Can't tell if this is shtick or you are that dumb.

Can't tell if this is shtick or you are that dumb.
Pick one and keep in mind I care what you chose.

2 police officers shot dead in Mississippi; suspects in custody

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/10/us/mississippi-police-officers-shot-dead/index.html
Will the criminals be suspended from their job without pay for a few weeks?
Maybe a state senator will visit them, hug them, and make sure they're ok.http://www.abc2news.com/news/in-focus/senator-catherine-pugh-says-suspect-wants-help
Unbelievable, give him a hug? Geez

Not true at all. Last year 126 police officers were killed. Law enforcement kills about 1000 criminals per year. So about a 10/1 ratio. If you want to just use police officers from like a squad car if would be closer to 5 or 6 to 1. That ratio is disturbing. No way I would ever be a police officer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not true at all. Last year 126 police officers were killed. Law enforcement kills about 1000 criminals per year. So about a 10/1 ratio. If you want to just use police officers from like a squad car if would be closer to 5 or 6 to 1. That ratio is disturbing. No way I would ever be a police officer.
How many non-criminals are killed by law enforcement a year?

Per 2008, there are around 120,000 police officers in the USA. So you would have an .001% chance of being killed. Your odds of dying in a freeway accident might be worse.

I don't know if this is shtick or you're just stupid. Everyone killed by police officers are criminals.

I don't know if this is shtick or you're just stupid. Everyone killed by police officers are criminals.
Cops who kill are judge, jury and executioner. They handle all three jobs at once and quickly, and they never make a mistake.

I would not want to be a cop in today's environment.
Not at all. What's worse is all the mob mentality would make a policeman likely more hesitant to defend himself in cases their life was in danger. You hope that in cases like this they didn't alter their response to a situation and it ended up costing them their lives.

Nice try

Cops who kill are judge, jury and executioner. They handle all three jobs at once and quickly, and they never make a mistake.
Sadly they do. It's sad when you have bad cops who shoot people fleeing like the case in SC. It's also sad when the mob mentality sets a narrative, tries, and convicts someone like Darren Wilson who was defending himself from a criminal like Michael Brown when he was forced to shoot him. The guy's life is ruined for doing his job and essentially will have to live in hiding the rest of his life.

Sadly they do. It's sad when you have bad cops who shoot people fleeing like the case in SC. It's also sad when the mob mentality sets a narrative, tries, and convicts someone like Darren Wilson who was defending himself from a criminal like Michael Brown when he was forced to shoot him. The guy's life is ruined for doing his job and essentially will have to live in hiding the rest of his life.
Well that's your opinion, but the truth is we don't know whether or not Wilson was forced to kill him and never will. I have a feeling (and that's all it is) that you're quite incorrect.

2 more worthless pieces of #### that deserve to die immediately after conviction. It's time this country tells the bleeding hearts to go #### themselves and just find another country to live in.

Well that's your opinion, but the truth is we don't know whether or not Wilson was forced to kill him and never will. I have a feeling (and that's all it is) that you're quite incorrect.
And there are people that still believe missiles took down the World Trade Center---go figure??

Yeah mine is just an opinion. I don't know that for a fact. I do know there was a guy on tape committing a strongarm robbery who ended up dead shortly thereafter when an officer claims he charged toward him. That's what we do know. Sure Wilson could be lying, but it just so happens that if he is, the guy he picked out to kill is the guy who had just committed that act. Of all the people who may have run from him prior, he just picked poor Michael Brown right out.

And, regardless of which one of you is correct about what actually happened that day, Mark's point about Wilson having been convicted and sentenced to a life in hiding stands.

And, regardless of which one of you is correct about what actually happened that day, Mark's point about Wilson having been convicted and sentenced to a life in hiding stands.
Since I think he committed a terrible crime for which he will never be found guilty of, I'm okay with that. And I'm wondering if either of you expressed the same sympathy for OJ Simpson, after he was acquitted yet still publicly ostracized for years.

Anyway, thoughts are with the families of these officers today. It will always make Mother's Day a sad memory for the mother's of these two officers, as well as the wife and kids of Officer Deen. My wife is from Hattiesburg. 95 percent of all the posts she's seeing on her Facebook feed are positive, but it's sad to see those who have the view of "Good for them, they got what they deserved because of treating us this way"

Anyway, thoughts are with the families of these officers today. It will always make Mother's Day a sad memory for the mother's of these two officers, as well as the wife and kids of Officer Deen. My wife is from Hattiesburg. 95 percent of all the posts she's seeing on her Facebook feed are positive, but it's sad to see those who have the view of "Good for them, they got what they deserved because of treating us this way"
Agree with you 100%. That's shameful.

Just thought a few of you all needed a reminder, that while you all are sitting safe behind your computer those who choose to uphold the law are risking their life so you all can sit safely behind your computer.

Just thought a few of you all needed a reminder, that while you all are sitting safe behind your computer those who choose to uphold the law are risking their life so you all can sit safely behind your computer.
:goodposting:

2 more worthless pieces of #### that deserve to die immediately after conviction. It's time this country tells the bleeding hearts to go #### themselves and just find another country to live in.
move to china already, you commie.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/10/us/mississippi-police-officers-shot-dead/index.html
I wonder how many White House officials will go to their funeral?
I don't know what is worse, the White House continuing to send officials to these funerals or letting Al Sharpton hang around every day.

I wonder how many White House officials will go to their funeral?
I don't know what is worse, the White House continuing to send officials to these funerals or letting Al Sharpton hang around every day.
probably Obama forcing healthy school lunches is worse

I've seen statistics on percentage of black vs white criminals killed by cops. Are there statistics showing the percentage of cops killed by black vs white criminals,

Since I think he committed a terrible crime for which he will never be found guilty of, I'm okay with that. And I'm wondering if either of you expressed the same sympathy for OJ Simpson, after he was acquitted yet still publicly ostracized for years.
I didn't express any sympathy. Just pointed out that the public, as usual, tried and convicted the guy on their own.

And since you obviously have some deep-seated convictions on both of these cases where the actual truth of what happened is not all that clear, I'm going to just move on here if you don't mind.

(But o.j. was guilty!)

I've seen statistics on percentage of black vs white criminals killed by cops. Are there statistics showing the percentage of cops killed by black vs white criminals,
FBI data 2004-2013:http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/leoka/2013/tables/table_44_leos_fk_race_and_sex_of_known_offender_2004-2013.xls

ETA: above link the result of a 2 minute google search, there might be more up-to-date numbers out there...
289 white perps, 243 black perps over 10 years (2004-2013). They don't break down the white category though into white whites and Mexican whites, so it is hard to compare (bad) apples to apples.

The highest year was 80 (2010) and the lowest year was 28 (2013).

Good find d house.

Users who are viewing this thread