What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 SSL4 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Link to draft report here. http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2015/set_draft_order

Password is fbgssl4

fyi - I inserted the 7 remaining guys and then the 6 who volunteered to double up. Those are listed as dummy team and not eligible to advance. That left three spots. I rolled a die for the 7 new guys and the 3 highest picked up a second team. As luck had it, they already had the top and bottom spots with one of their teams so I moved their other team in the draft order so they could pick back to back.

I'll pm ryheaps. Someone please start a draft thread.

Damn you Bass....stop taking my RBs! :angry:

Really wanted Gore...instead had to settle for your team's crappy RB. :angry: :angry:

Jeebus....is Stewart really going to live up to a 4th round pick this year?

Thought Ellington would make it back to me....thought his Week 9 bye would be a problem for people. Guess not.

Many teams already flirting with bye week disasters so far.

Was really hoping Tate or AJ would make it back to me. Rivers was the last in my QB bucket except for Brady but he has that suspension thing looming.

QB - Rivers, Bradford

RB - Foster, Gore

WR - Bryant, Sanders, Agholor, Boldin

TE - Daniels, Miller

Really don't see any holes outside of RB depth. Strong pair at QB. Boldin is a solid WR4, Dez/Sanders/Agholor are a high end starting trio. Should at least be average at TE.

Lots of nice 10th round picks so far. What was on my list quickly went just before my pick and after. All scooped up.

My team

QB: Stafford, Flacco. Love this combo other than one stupid thing again

RB: Forte, Gurley, Sankey. I like this trio pretty good also. better than my SSL3 team

WR: Torrey, Steve Smith, Fitzgerald, Crabtree,. For waiting, I dont mind it at all, IN fact I kind of like it

TE: Olsen. Got a really good one and will need another but a few to choose from

Other than looking back I wonder if I prefer Cobb/Witten to Olsen/Torrey and my team would look better but I would be looking at TE again and maybe before this.

QB - Rivers, Bradford

RB - Foster, Gore

TE - Daniels, Miller

Really don't see any holes outside of RB depth. Strong pair at QB. Boldin is a solid WR4, Dez/Sanders/Agholor are a high end starting trio. Should at least be average at TE.
Really like this team. In fact, you're drafting the team I want...sniping every even round pick in Foster, Gore, Bradford and Daniels. And I really wanted Agholor in the 7th but needed RB way more and of course, you're the person that gets him.

This has probably been the most frustrating draft in all the years I've been doing these. Nobody on my top list is falling to me and feel like I've been settling for players/positions of need...and those that are still available that I want are from same teams and byes I already have. Thought it would be fun and interesting going WR-WR-WR to start....but it's been completely annoying ever since.

QB - Rivers, Bradford

RB - Foster, Gore

TE - Daniels, Miller

Really like this team. In fact, you're drafting the team I want...sniping every even round pick in Foster, Gore, Bradford and Daniels. And I really wanted Agholor in the 7th but needed RB way more and of course, you're the person that gets him.

This has probably been the most frustrating draft in all the years I've been doing these. Nobody on my top list is falling to me and feel like I've been settling for players/positions of need...and those that are still available that I want are from same teams and byes I already have. Thought it would be fun and interesting going WR-WR-WR to start....but it's been completely annoying ever since.
Everything I want seems to be falling to me. Been very lucky this draft. Didn't get punished for going strong QB.

QB - Rivers, Bradford

RB - Foster, Gore

TE - Daniels, Miller

Everything I want seems to be falling to me. Been very lucky this draft. Didn't get punished for going strong QB.
normally that would be a really good thing except I am absolutely killing it......

I seem to see the guys that have already done one of these are all ending up with the guys I have inputted. I like my team alot here. Might be my favorite overall but it is the Dummy teams that are taking players I like each round.

Some big differences in draft position for a few players in this league compared to the other 3.

yeah it's a dummy league for me too but I liked how things fell

Carson Palmer

Derek Carr

DeMarco Murray

CJ Anderson

LaGarrette Blount

Kelvin Benjamin

Brandon LaFell

Marques Colston

Stevie Johnson

Martellus Bennett

Coby Fleener

I seem to see the guys that have already done one of these are all ending up with the guys I have inputted. I like my team alot here. Might be my favorite overall but it is the Dummy teams that are taking players I like each round.

Some big differences in draft position for a few players in this league compared to the other 3.
The new guys are leaving a lot of talent on the table IMO (and doing it slowly). LOL in those teams give the boot to all the dummy teams in the first half of the year.

QB - Rivers 8, Bradford 10

RB - Foster 9, Gore 10, Ball 7, FJax 8

WR - Bryant 6, Sanders 7, Agholor 8, Boldin 10

TE - Daniels 7, Miller 11, Cook 6

K - Gostowski 4

D - Seattle 9, Pitt 11

One of my all time favorite teams on paper. A little concerned that this team is long in the tooth. I passed on FJax for 4 rounds until I couldn't stand it anymore.

WR - Bryant 6, Sanders 7, Agholor 8, Boldin 10

K - Gostowski 4

D - Seattle 9, Pitt 11

One of my all time favorite teams on paper. A little concerned that this team is long in the tooth. I passed on FJax for 4 rounds until I couldn't stand it anymore.
Agree. Really like this team...which means Foster and Gore get hurt, Denver moves to a running game rendering Sanders/Daniels inconsistent, Agholor takes 1/2 the year to get up to speed and you get the boot after 3 weeks. :P

The final product

QB: Stafford, Flacco.

RB: Forte, Gurley, Sanke, Richardson.

WR: Torrey, Steve Smith, Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Bowe, Wheaton

TE: Olsen, Rodgers.

PK; Crosby, Zuerlein

D: SD, Oak

QB: A nice duo but again the bye mistake. Better win immunity in week 8

RB: A solid foundation and should have gone another RB over Wheaton but again about value. I had all predrafts in place for RB but Wheaton so I saw huge value

WR: For waiting., I love this crew. Vets galore but should do me well

TE: I like this combo

PK/D> 2 solid Pk and the exact same 2 I got in ssl3. My D is not as good though and one of the weaker ones but that is okay in the end. I think you can get bye and I see Raiders D stepping up this year. I like what they have done in Free Agency.

Overall a solid team that probably lasts till week 9 and than goes vamoose.

WR - Bryant 6, Sanders 7, Agholor 8, Boldin 10, Sanu 7, Matthews 9

K - Gostowski 4

D - Seattle 9, Pitt 11

Added Sanu and Matthews at WR. Considered rolling with just 5 WRs to add another RB.

QB - Average QB1 and above average QB2. Grade B

RB - Foster and Gore getting up there in age. Still have to be a way above average pairing. I like Ball more than most. Probably a B+

WR - If Dez and Sanders do their thing then Aglorhor and Boldin should hold down the fort at WR3. Sanu should prevent against bye week donuts. Matthews for TD upside. This has to be one of the top groups in the league. Grade A

TE - Waited late but I should be OK. Daniels for TDs, Miller is consistent. Added Cook to bring this group up from average. Grade B-

D - Seattle and Pitt. Grade B+

K - Gostowski. Went with one and one of the best. Grade D.

If I avoid injuries this team should be a title contender.

Here is the final product...my favorite team thus far in one of these.

Manning, Eli NYG QB 409.60 11 6.09

Mariota, Marcus TEN QB - 4 9.08

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB (P) 76.10 10 3.08

Lacy, Eddie GBP RB 276.60 7 1.08

Johnson, Duke CLE RB - 11 10.09

Blue, Alfred HOU RB 97.10 9 15.08

Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR 261.60 7 2.09

Cooper, Amari OAK WR - 6 4.09

Bryant, Martavis PIT WR 130.10 11 5.08

Decker, Eric NYJ WR 200.20 5 7.08

Hunter, Justin TEN WR 95.80 4 13.08

Lockett, Tyler SEA WR - 9 18.09

Ebron, Eric DET TE 80.80 9 8.09

Davis, Vernon SFO TE 88.90 10 12.09

Folk, Nick NYJ PK 119.00 5 17.08

Gano, Graham CAR PK 121.00 5 14.09

Texans, Houston HOU Def 157.00 9 11.08

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def 82.00 11 16.09

QB - This year in the other FBG Survivor drafts, I shook things up (for me) by going QB early, and each time, I felt like I was chasing players the rest of the draft. What magnified the issue, is that I also felt the need to justify the high pick for my QB1, by following up with a low pick for my QB2 (guys like Fitzpatrick), and it easily could be a worthless pick. Would I have been better off with the "best of Flacco/Cutler" (for example), instead of going Russell and a guy who is not even a starter today? This time I mitigated the risk...not only do I have a QB who put up 400 points in a new system last year, I have a rookie QB who no one has NFL tape on, and can run.

RB - Lacy/Hyde, Hyde/Lacy...the core of my team. Not much behind them (third down rookie back and a back up), but I could have two of the top five RBs on my roster.

WR - Like my squad here too. Jeffrey is a bonafide WR1 (albeit weaker one), and the combo of Bryant, Decker and Cooper should provide me with a bunch of WR2/3s.

TE - This is probably my most volatile group - they could be champs or chumps. If Davis does not bounce back and Ebron fails to get phased in, I could be in trouble.

Def - Good crew. Saints seem to be all-in on Def this year

K - Whoops...two starters, but share the same bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty nice team. QB below average. RB looking really strong, possibly tops in the league. WR a little above average. TE has the talent but will it pan out. The long term success of this team will probably ride on this position.

6.07 Carson Palmer 9

7.10 Derek Carr 6

Palmer underrated in these IMO. Carr should build on last year. B-

1.10 DeMarco Murray 8

2.07 CJ Anderson 7

5.10 LaGarrette Blount 4

17.10 DeAngelo Williams 11

love Murray in PHI with Chip, should be a beast.....CJ too hard to pass up in that offense and knew I could get WR later so nice locking that up....Blount was a luxary pick in the 5th but solidified the position and allowed me to wait forever to address it again.....crazy that Dwilly was available in late 17 IMO.....he helps out while Blount sits week 1....starter for a few weeks and should still see some touches on a good offense.....no bye week issues is nice...A borderline A+

3.10 Kelvin Benjamin 5

8.07 Brandon LaFell 4

10.07 Marques Colston 11

11.10 Stevie Johnson 10

12.07 Cole Beasley 6

18.07 Allen Hurns 8

this is why you can go RB early...thought I would be looking weaker here after a RB/RB start and really not investing much till round 8....I should have no problem getting 3 above average scores a week.....may not be top dawg blow up weeks but this is pretty solid overall......adding a guy like Hurns who went 51-677-6 in round 18 is pretty solid.....almost went Mathews instead but couldn't pass up the thought of Hurns just cranking out last years numbers which I would have been happy with.... no bye week issues is a huge plus here....I probably like this group more than most but really felt I was able to snag some stuff that fell.....B

4.10 Martellus Bennett 7

9.10 Coby Fleener 10

top level TE1 and a guy in Fleener who has some stand alone value in these IMO....he is being undervalued and has big score week potential in a good offense.....B+

13.10 Dan Bailey 6

15.10 Connor Barth 7

not much to say here other than not sure why Barth is being passed up.....he was a gift....A+

14.07 CIN DST 7

16.07 IND DST 10

got two....CIN usually pretty stout and INDY with a week 10 bye is at least in play for me during some of the loaded bye weeks....really try to avoid having my DST's on bye when the league loads up some of the bye weeks....small advantage you can sometimes gain on the field at DST.....C-

sounds like a broken record but also one of my favorite teams I've drafted thus far....don't normally throw out grades but this league doesn't count for me anyway......still felt I dropped a beatbown on you fools though.......good luck

BassNBrew said:

WR - Bryant 6, Sanders 7, Agholor 8, Boldin 10, Sanu 7, Matthews 9

K - Gostowski 4

D - Seattle 9, Pitt 11

Added Sanu and Matthews at WR. Considered rolling with just 5 WRs to add another RB.

QB - Average QB1 and above average QB2. Grade B

RB - Foster and Gore getting up there in age. Still have to be a way above average pairing. I like Ball more than most. Probably a B+

WR - If Dez and Sanders do their thing then Aglorhor and Boldin should hold down the fort at WR3. Sanu should prevent against bye week donuts. Matthews for TD upside. This has to be one of the top groups in the league. Grade A

TE - Waited late but I should be OK. Daniels for TDs, Miller is consistent. Added Cook to bring this group up from average. Grade B-

D - Seattle and Pitt. Grade B+

K - Gostowski. Went with one and one of the best. Grade D.

If I avoid injuries this team should be a title contender.
solid QB's......Foster will cost you a few eeks so hopefully Ball will do what you think he will.....Fjax solid add....your last 3 wr's were on a few of my short lists....think I took Colston over Boldin due to NFC west defenses, but it was a toss up for me.....people writing off Sanu and gifting Jones the job back....not sure....so like the pick.....solid group here even though not sure what rookie brings to table yet.....like te's as a package.....would hate to see it keep you from advancing on a bad week from Gost.....love the dst's.....not many holes here as this draft left a lot of meat on the bone and you took advantage.....Foster and RB crew will be the group to watch....

QB – Newton 5, Kaepernick 10

Cam should bounce back to top 5-ish. Kaep will have some big games but will help if he learns to throw and/or improves his rush TD totals. Grade B+

RB – Stewart 5, Crowell 11, Woodhead 10, Matt Jones 8, Robert Turbin 9

Yuck. Kept missing out on the RBs I wanted and settled for all these. Just missing on Gore, Ellington, Sims, Randle, and David Johnson really stung. Hate having Cam and Stewart. Definitely the Achilles heel of this team and one of the worst groups in the league but there is some potential…with big ifs – a healthy Stewart becoming an every down back, Crowell getting and keeping the starting job (hopefully the TDs come again). Woodhead should be a good PPR option…hopefully has a role like he did in 2013. Positive reviews coming in on Jones so hopefully gets some PT. Jones and Turbin are more of longshots if Morris or Lynch get injured. Thought about Michael (or Cadet) but already have those guys in other leagues so went in a different direction with Turbin…and Turbin seems like Carroll’s preferred RB2. Thought about going 6 deep here but decided on Amendola for WR6 instead. Grade D+

WR – Antonio Brown 11, Evans 6, Hilton 10, Randle 11, Marvin Jones 7, Amendola 4

Great group but it should be considering the investment. Planned to only go 5 here but think Amendola is a sneaky BB play this year. Top 3 anchor the team. Not a believer in Cruz this year so I think Randle is a great play. Thought about pairing Jones with Sanu but Sanu sucks and can’t catch (his last 5 games is telling– 7-71-0) so Jones should have no problem assuming the WR role in Cin. Grade A

TE – ASJ 6, Clay 8

Hopefully enough to get by. TB is high on ASJ…year 2, Winston, a declining VJax and OC Koetter should help. Buffalo’s QB sucks but they paid Clay a ton and will hopefully use him. Almost took Housler for some added depth but passed for Amendola and Turbin. Not sure if that was smart but if I can get 50/60-600-5 from each, I’ll be happy. Grade C

K – Parkey 8

Needed more RB help so I knew I was only going 1 so wanted a good one. Check but only 1. Grade C

D – Detroit 9, Dallas 6

Got 2 and different bye weeks from my PK. Grade B

Very, very frustrating draft. Don’t really like the team that much but don’t hate it. How far I advance really depends on the RBs and that may be asking too much.

Replacement picks needed from khy and ramrod. Those need to be made by 5 pm tomorrow otherwise you will be stuck with the placeholders.

Replacement picks needed from khy and ramrod. Those need to be made by 5 pm tomorrow otherwise you will be stuck with the placeholders.
Just realized what time it was, my apologies for holding up the draft with delayed picks (and in some cases auto picks, although I swear I submitted a pick when the Tebow thing happened. I must have slept my phone before it went through or something). Tried to move as fast as possible but my fiancee ans I just closed on a house last week, so everything has been sort of hectic. FFB sort of took a back seat at the time of more or less all of my drafts. So just wanted to say sorry for my sort of anti-competitive nature of my draft.

6.07 Carson Palmer 9

7.10 Derek Carr 6

One of worst QB tandems in the league. Palmer's a lower end QB1 (and perhaps only a high end QB2) and Carr a decent QB2. Anything more than a C- may be too generous. I think you would have been better off with a more solid and dependable Flacco or Eli instead of Palmer.

1.10 DeMarco Murray 8

2.07 CJ Anderson 7

5.10 LaGarrette Blount 4

love Murray in PHI with Chip, should be a beast.....CJ too hard to pass up in that offense and knew I could get WR later so nice locking that up....Blount was a luxary pick in the 5th but solidified the position and allowed me to wait forever to address it again.....crazy that Dwilly was available in late 17 IMO.....he helps out while Blount sits week 1....starter for a few weeks and should still see some touches on a good offense.....no bye week issues is nice...A borderline A+

Agree on Murray. Reports coming out the CJ/Ball are splitting first team reps. No cause for concern yet (hope not as I have Murray/CJ in another league) but something to monitor. Blount is a fine RB3. Even though DWill has a 3 wk starter status, does anyone think he'll do anything? Not me -- games against NE, SF, @STL. Roeth should be chucking it all over while Bell is out. Think DWill is useless so I'm bumping you down to B+, as I think there are a few/several teams with better RB squads. Not to say I don't like this group, as I do and as long as CJ keeps the job, you'll have strong RB points every week.

3.10 Kelvin Benjamin 5

8.07 Brandon LaFell 4

10.07 Marques Colston 11

11.10 Stevie Johnson 10

12.07 Cole Beasley 6

18.07 Allen Hurns 8

this is why you can go RB early...thought I would be looking weaker here after a RB/RB start and really not investing much till round 8....I should have no problem getting 3 above average scores a week.....may not be top dawg blow up weeks but this is pretty solid overall......adding a guy like Hurns who went 51-677-6 in round 18 is pretty solid.....almost went Mathews instead but couldn't pass up the thought of Hurns just cranking out last years numbers which I would have been happy with.... no bye week issues is a huge plus here....I probably like this group more than most but really felt I was able to snag some stuff that fell.....B

Feel like some may disagree with the B grade but I don't. Partially cuz I really like Stevie and Beasley to contribute. And for waiting as long as you did, you came out very well. Note on Hurns -- Don't think you can count on last year's stats. Assume Robinson is good to go, Lee should hold the WR2 spot, add in Julius Thomas and a better run game and I think Hurns peaked last year. He'll still pop off a long one to score some weeks but it'll be spotty. Still a solid group that should/hopefully complement each other enough each week.

4.10 Martellus Bennett 7

9.10 Coby Fleener 10

top level TE1 and a guy in Fleener who has some stand alone value in these IMO....he is being undervalued and has big score week potential in a good offense.....B+

I've been passing on Bennett so far in these leagues cuz I have some spidey sense there may be some big regression coming and you can get similar stats later in the draft. But I really don't know...but getting him at 4.10 helps. Not a bad pick but I'd like to hear some more thoughts on him. Fleener could suffer with all the new toys - Gore, AJ, Dorsett, "healthy" Allen. The TE position as a whole is tough for me this year...just don't feel very comfortable with any rankings...which is why I've seemed to punt the position so far in these draft.

13.10 Dan Bailey 6

15.10 Connor Barth 7

not much to say here other than not sure why Barth is being passed up.....he was a gift....A+

14.07 CIN DST 7

16.07 IND DST 10

got two....CIN usually pretty stout and INDY with a week 10 bye is at least in play for me during some of the loaded bye weeks....really try to avoid having my DST's on bye when the league loads up some of the bye weeks....small advantage you can sometimes gain on the field at DST.....C-

sounds like a broken record but also one of my favorite teams I've drafted thus far....don't normally throw out grades but this league doesn't count for me anyway......still felt I dropped a beatbown on you fools though.......good luck

While I may have been critical of some players, overall I do like the team but just think you're over-grading a bit. And this team won't be delivering too many beatdowns, let alone beatbowns. :boxing:

6.07 Carson Palmer 9

7.10 Derek Carr 6

One of worst QB tandems in the league. Palmer's a lower end QB1 (and perhaps only a high end QB2) and Carr a decent QB2. Anything more than a C- may be too generous. I think you would have been better off with a more solid and dependable Flacco or Eli instead of Palmer.

1.10 DeMarco Murray 8

2.07 CJ Anderson 7

5.10 LaGarrette Blount 4

Agree on Murray. Reports coming out the CJ/Ball are splitting first team reps. No cause for concern yet (hope not as I have Murray/CJ in another league) but something to monitor. Blount is a fine RB3. Even though DWill has a 3 wk starter status, does anyone think he'll do anything? Not me -- games against NE, SF, @STL. Roeth should be chucking it all over while Bell is out. Think DWill is useless so I'm bumping you down to B+, as I think there are a few/several teams with better RB squads. Not to say I don't like this group, as I do and as long as CJ keeps the job, you'll have strong RB points every week.

3.10 Kelvin Benjamin 5

8.07 Brandon LaFell 4

10.07 Marques Colston 11

11.10 Stevie Johnson 10

12.07 Cole Beasley 6

18.07 Allen Hurns 8

Feel like some may disagree with the B grade but I don't. Partially cuz I really like Stevie and Beasley to contribute. And for waiting as long as you did, you came out very well. Note on Hurns -- Don't think you can count on last year's stats. Assume Robinson is good to go, Lee should hold the WR2 spot, add in Julius Thomas and a better run game and I think Hurns peaked last year. He'll still pop off a long one to score some weeks but it'll be spotty. Still a solid group that should/hopefully complement each other enough each week.

4.10 Martellus Bennett 7

9.10 Coby Fleener 10

I've been passing on Bennett so far in these leagues cuz I have some spidey sense there may be some big regression coming and you can get similar stats later in the draft. But I really don't know...but getting him at 4.10 helps. Not a bad pick but I'd like to hear some more thoughts on him. Fleener could suffer with all the new toys - Gore, AJ, Dorsett, "healthy" Allen. The TE position as a whole is tough for me this year...just don't feel very comfortable with any rankings...which is why I've seemed to punt the position so far in these draft.

13.10 Dan Bailey 6

15.10 Connor Barth 7

14.07 CIN DST 7

16.07 IND DST 10

While I may have been critical of some players, overall I do like the team but just think you're over-grading a bit. And this team won't be delivering too many beatdowns, let alone beatbowns. :boxing:
love the comments....thanks....its why we do these...few responses just for discussion.....part of the reason I dont normally like grades is they dont really mean much, but i had bass's scale in the back of my mind when posting mine even though i didn't really look at all the rosters....

palmer...take out the week he got hurt he was qb9 weekly avg last year.....i dont normally give a ton of credit to previous performance but I don't expect much regression here and I may have gotten qb9 or better at a qb15 price and at two round discount....

giving me a B+ grade at RB on Bass's scale means there are 3 better rb groups in this league.....would like to discuss those if you ever end up really finding one....

agree I was fair on my wr's

just went back and looked at my Te's and don't see one group I would rather have....Bennett at 4.10 is solid value in this format..new coaching staff still uses TE....so while some may be unsure, I may have actually underestimated my sweetness here....bump for ref after further review.....

and I dominated PK baby...!...find me another group better.....

so to summarize....my spelling sucks....but if anythng I may not have loved me some me enough....cheers

Pretty nice team. QB below average. RB looking really strong, possibly tops in the league. WR a little above average. TE has the talent but will it pan out. The long term success of this team will probably ride on this position.
Thanks for the analysis, and pretty spot-on. I will say that I have won two SSLs, and both times, it was with subpar QBs (in fact one year, I had Josh Freeman and a benched QB). A lot of that was luck (ADP 2000 season and Calvin's 1800 yard season), but I like my QBs.

You are 100% correct though in regards to my TEs...both are high risk/high upside guys, but easily could falter and I think that is the position that will define this team.

So I ended up with 2 teams in this draft. Unfortunately this draft hit me as things have really gotten crazy with a baby on the way soon. Obviously underestimated impact of baby prep work, as I made some mistakes...particularly with bye weeks on team 2.

Team 1:

Dalton, Andy CIN QB 7 6.16
Romo, Tony DAL QB 6 4.16

Very good duo here for holding off for a while. Should put up a good score most weeks

Allen, Javorius BAL RB 9 15.01
Forsett, Justin BAL RB 9 3.01
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB 5 11.01
Murray, Latavius OAK RB 6 5.01
Sims, Charles TBB RB 6 7.01

Think Forsett will be great in Trestman's system. Allen is a promising pass catching rookie backup...need to see if Taliaferro has a role though. Sims and Murray are both high upside possible starters and McKinnon likely has some role in Minny. Pretty happy with this group.

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR 8 9.01
Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR (P) 9 2.16
Huff, Josh PHI WR 8 14.16
Parker, DeVante MIA WR 5 10.16
Wilson, Marquess CHI WR 7 17.01

Hopkins should be really good, but not loving the squad past that. Need Huff or Parker to have big roles...could be my undoing.

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 4 1.01
Williams, Maxx BAL TE 9 8.16

Can't complain about Gronk...likely reached on Williams a bit to get a backup. Hate drafting at the turn of these 16 teamers as you can get killed by a run. Sometimes I find myself reaching to protect.

Gould, Robbie CHI PK 7 18.16
Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 10 13.01

Solid but unspectacular...hoping Gould ends up on team...slim pickings by the last pick in the draft.

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def 6 16.16
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def 8 12.16

Eagles hopefully are solid...Bucs to fill in as needed but not too optimistic about them.

With a little luck at WR, I think this team could go a decent way and be OK.

Team 2....the disaster:

Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB 5 6.15
Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB 5 4.15

Think Tannehill will be decent and Bridgewater should progress, but screwed up on bye weeks. Need to be praying for week 4 to get immunity

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 9 1.02
Davis, Knile KCC RB 9 11.02
Ellington, Andre ARI RB 9 5.02
Helu, Roy OAK RB 6 14.15
Vereen, Shane NYG RB 11 7.02

Charles with the Davis back up should be solid, but bit myself with the bye bug again with Ellington. Vereen and Helu should provide some depth and post some decent numbers on some weeks.

Conley, Chris KCC WR 9 18.15
Cooks, Brandin NOS WR (P) 11 3.02
Green-Beckham, Dorial TEN WR (P) 4 10.15
Strong, Jaelen HOU WR (P) 9 13.02
Wright, Kendall TEN WR 4 8.15

Like Cooks this year and then proceeded to take the bye bug to the next level by taking 2 Tenn receivers in that juggernaut of an offense. Oh and their bye week in week 4, so good luck with that immunity to cover my week 5 QB issue...Ugh!

Ertz, Zach PHI TE 8 2.15
Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE 5 9.02

Decent TE duo here...need Ertz to be the week 16 Ertz from last year and Rudolph to get healthy

Bullock, Randy HOU PK 9 17.02
Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK 6 15.02
Bears, Chicago CHI Def 7 16.15
Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 9 12.15

Middling K and D's. Ravens can put up some big weeks at home if they got their secondary fixed.

Overall, this team is a dumpster fire and I hate it. So many brainfarts...this is probably my least favorite team that I've ever drafted. Have to put my hopes into team 1.

6.07 Carson Palmer 9

7.10 Derek Carr 6

1.10 DeMarco Murray 8

2.07 CJ Anderson 7

5.10 LaGarrette Blount 4

3.10 Kelvin Benjamin 5

8.07 Brandon LaFell 4

10.07 Marques Colston 11

11.10 Stevie Johnson 10

12.07 Cole Beasley 6

18.07 Allen Hurns 8

4.10 Martellus Bennett 7

9.10 Coby Fleener 10

13.10 Dan Bailey 6

15.10 Connor Barth 7

14.07 CIN DST 7

16.07 IND DST 10

love the comments....thanks....its why we do these...few responses just for discussion.....part of the reason I dont normally like grades is they dont really mean much, but i had bass's scale in the back of my mind when posting mine even though i didn't really look at all the rosters....

palmer...take out the week he got hurt he was qb9 weekly avg last year.....i dont normally give a ton of credit to previous performance but I don't expect much regression here and I may have gotten qb9 or better at a qb15 price and at two round discount....

giving me a B+ grade at RB on Bass's scale means there are 3 better rb groups in this league.....would like to discuss those if you ever end up really finding one....

agree I was fair on my wr's

just went back and looked at my Te's and don't see one group I would rather have....Bennett at 4.10 is solid value in this format..new coaching staff still uses TE....so while some may be unsure, I may have actually underestimated my sweetness here....bump for ref after further review.....

and I dominated PK baby...!...find me another group better.....

so to summarize....my spelling sucks....but if anythng I may not have loved me some me enough....cheers
Meh...I'm not a Palmer hater by any means (would actually like to see him do well, being a USC fan) but Palmer was feasting on some horrible defenses last year-- Oak, Was, Phi, Dal. When he finally hit a good defense in StL, his numbers really suffered: 241-0-1. Palmer will still throw up some good games but he's nowhere near QB9.

Looking back a little more, I may have discounted how much better your RB2 may be than others and since I think DWill is pretty useless, I only rated your squad having 3 real RBs. lol I do like both ryheaps teams as possibly better. I put DirtyJays ahead of you also but probably have to rethink that, as his are all unproven right now but he's got the potential. Drunken Slob has the potential due to more depth (but really only if White gets the Vereen role). Same with Sweet Love - if Hyde turns into a better Gore and if Duke is PPR viable. Look at those teams and we can talk more about certain players, if needed. Your RBs are more proven but I probably overrated other teams potential, and that's probably not a "correct" ranking at this stage.

Your 2 TEs may be one of the best. Like I said earlier, this position is really stumping me this year. If you don't get Gronk, is it worth spending an early pick on Graham, Olsen, Bennett, Kelce...or waiting rounds later and grabbing a Walker, Ertz, ASJ, Daniels, etc. I think both Bennett and Fleener could regress this year but both could also be top 10.

Bennett had a career year in catches, yards and TD, helped by Trestman and WR injuries. He isn't an ascending talent that is going to improve on those numbers -- he will regress. But how much? 70-750-5 seems reasonable for him. Is that worth a 3rd-4th round pick when you can get somebody in rounds 8-9 that will go for 50-550-4? Maybe I'm totally off on him and he does maintain or improve. Forte isn't catching 100 balls next year and White probably takes some time to get going. So maybe those targets go to Bennett and he is a top 3 TE. On the other hand, Royal is a much better WR3 than they've had recently.

Fleener is someone I think benefited from Allen being out. 9 games with Allen: 22-295-4. 7 games after his injury: 29-479-4. Add in Gore, AJ, Dorsett, Moncrief's 2nd year, and if Allen is healthy (I know it's a big if), I see Fleener taking the hit. I'm not saying he doesn't have value, as there will be plenty of TDs and yards with Luck. But I think you're overvaluing him. With that said, he'll be better than TE24, which is where you got him. I don't know enough about Indy's offense and whether he or Allen will start and how many 2 TE sets they'll run.

I'm not so concerned about ranking your TEs, as opposed to discussing the players and whether or not it's worth it spending an early pick on TE this year (Gronk excluded).

Users who are viewing this thread