What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!
Many years ago I started a thread on secrets of the industry that you worked in, and think it helped some. As I have gotten older, I have found things that I use that I think are truly awesome and will tell people about it when given the chance. I did not remember one like that here, so why not?

1. The Shark Rocket vacuum. This thing is amazing in how much it sucks, in a good way. I have owned expensive Dyson's, but this one outperforms it in cleaning, but really scores points for how light and easy to move it is.

2. American Crew Fiber hair product - Having used expensive gels for a long time, and they worked OK, I was hesitant to try something new. However, I had this put on me at a Sports Clips a couple of years ago and have never looked back. It holds well, but does not have the crunchy look and feel. It also makes the hair look fuller, which is important for this guy who has a thinning patch at the top. :bag: Lasts about 4 months, and has a huge upside that I get to annoy my wife telling her that I am a Dapper Dan man as much as possible. :)

3. Shave Secret shaving oil - This one is new, and I have to say I was skeptical, but a friend gave me a bottle and after a few days I am sold. I have shaved in the shower with gel and a nicer razor for years, but this is just a super close, smooth shave. I was completely shocked that it worked. It really is just 5 drops of the stuff, and the kicker is the sensitivity you can get if you shave more than once a day is gone with this. Shaved 3 times in a 24 hour period yesterday/today, and it feels perfect.

OK, so what do you all have that we are missing out on?

2. American Crew Fiber hair product - Having used expensive gels for a long time, and they worked OK, I was hesitant to try something new. However, I had this put on me at a Sports Clips a couple of years ago and have never looked back. It holds well, but does not have the crunchy look and feel. It also makes the hair look fuller, which is important for this guy who has a thinning patch at the top. :bag: Lasts about 4 months, and has a huge upside that I get to annoy my wife telling her that I am a Dapper Dan man as much as possible. :)

You might want to shower more often.

You might want to shower more often.
Use it every day. You only have to use a small amount. Those things go forever.

And I'll second the Shark. Maybe it's not quite a Dyson, but for more than a third of the cost, it's worth it.

Same analogy with Acoustic Research noise-cancelling headphones (vs. Bose).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using American Crew products exclusively over the past couple years. I use the pomade instead of the fiber, though. It gives your hair a good hold without being hard or crunchy while also giving your hair a nice shine. The American Crew pomade is definitely the best hair product that I have ever used.

SPCA dogs.

Various bike component companies - Trek, Race Face, Rock Shox, Mavic

Husqvarnia mowers.

pedialyte and coconut water for hydration

boombah softball turfs - bar none the best for comfort and performance

Traeger grills - awesomeness

N.O.Xplode pre-workout

Titleist Pro-V1 and Pro-V1x - still the best golf ball by a wide margin

So apparently all I really know about is sports and food. May need to grow up a bit.

Blendtec

I went from eating a few servings of vegetables per week to drinking 6-8 per day. One of the best things i ever bought. Used it every single day since I bought it. It liquifies the fiber, not a juicer. I go through a 10 ounce bag of spinach in two days.

Many years ago I started a thread on secrets of the industry that you worked in, and think it helped some. As I have gotten older, I have found things that I use that I think are truly awesome and will tell people about it when given the chance. I did not remember one like that here, so why not?

1. The Shark Rocket vacuum. This thing is amazing in how much it sucks, in a good way. I have owned expensive Dyson's, but this one outperforms it in cleaning, but really scores points for how light and easy to move it is.

3. Shave Secret shaving oil - This one is new, and I have to say I was skeptical, but a friend gave me a bottle and after a few days I am sold. I have shaved in the shower with gel and a nicer razor for years, but this is just a super close, smooth shave. I was completely shocked that it worked. It really is just 5 drops of the stuff, and the kicker is the sensitivity you can get if you shave more than once a day is gone with this. Shaved 3 times in a 24 hour period yesterday/today, and it feels perfect.

you still shave in the shower with the shave secret stuff?

I'll second the shave Secret Oil. I got a sample somewhere and just tossed it in the drawer never expecting to use it. Then ran out of my shave gel one day, used the sample....the rest is history.

That stuff is amazing.

you still shave in the shower with the shave secret stuff?
Yeah. Works great. I use a mirror. It is a little harder to know where you have been without the shave gel, but wow, you feel the difference. My face seems to be smoother much longer in the day.

Showerfloss.com - Great water flosser - I really like this thing and recommend it to my patients - works nearly as good as floss, cheaper than water pik, no mess

Sensodyne (not the kind with whitener) - people eat/drink things that are way too acidic. People have sensitive teeth and they ##### about it. This stuff if given the 2 weeks of consistent use, definitely helps.

Melatonin - when my sleep schedule gets out of wack, a melatonin pill at night really gets things back on track for me - but get the good kind from a natural food store or Costco - you need 3-5 MG. I do one every Sunday night and if I travel to different time zones and get out of sync.

Showerfloss.com - Great water flosser - I really like this thing and recommend it to my patients - works nearly as good as floss, cheaper than water pik, no mess

Sensodyne (not the kind with whitener) - people eat/drink things that are way too acidic. People have sensitive teeth and they ##### about it. This stuff if given the 2 weeks of consistent use, definitely helps.

Melatonin - when my sleep schedule gets out of wack, a melatonin pill at night really gets things back on track for me - but get the good kind from a natural food store or Costco - you need 3-5 MG. I do one every Sunday night and if I travel to different time zones and get out of sync.
If someone used Showerfloss regularly, would you say they can stop flossing normal?

Cherry Lane Concentrated Cherry Juice - $22 a bottle, but loads of vitamins, and haven't had a case of gout ever come back (me or my father) since I started drinking this daily. No change in diet either.

Gold Bond GREEN Powder - I don't need to explain this. If you're a man, you already know.

Smartwool Socks

Martin guitars

Samsung TVs
I will second the Samsung tvs. Bought a plasma in 2004 and the thing still works perfectly. Nothing burnt into the screen, still looks very good and sounds good. Recently bought a 2nd Samsung and no issues. Knock on wood.

I have sensitive teeth and Sensodyne works better than other similar products. I use the whitening kind too sometimes, and it works OK as well.

This is significantly cheaper than the Truefitt & Hill....any sense how comparable it is? A lot of oils I have tried are way too thick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weber Grill

Crew hair product

Dyson vacuums

Brooks running shoes

Dolphin pool cleaner poll matenance is a breeze

Samsung TV - have 2 plasma that won't die so I can get a new tv.

Britax Stroller

Ford F-150

Triumph Motorcycles

Bose speakers - save the Bose is junk comments. They sound great and are built great. They cost more but I'm ok with that.

ExOfficio undies

This is significantly cheaper than the Truefitt & Hill....any sense how comparable it is? A lot of oils I have tried are way too thick.
Not thick at all. In fact, my initial skepticism was based on the fact that when I rubbed it on, it did not feel like anything was really there.

Users who are viewing this thread